Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

*Woops..colosseum, not XD...

Anyways, change it to ImTooCute the Ledian (Cipher Peon Kloak, The Under).

This Ledian realised, ever since Game Freak made, that it was a crappy competitive pokemon. It's only redeeming feature was that it was remarkably cute for a bug pokemon.

As a result, ImTooCute can never use any contact moves, as people can't appreciate how cute a pokemon it is if it's too close.

Also, it can never hold items, as they distract people from Ledian itself.

Oh, and Ledian cannot be on the field at the time you attempt to snag a Shadow Pokemon.

Add to that, Ledian must lead and never be switched out and never be healed for at least 20 consecutive battles in Mt. Battle, not including the first 10 which are mandatory.

That's it.
One question: does the "never be healed for at least 20 consecutive battles in Mt. Battle" take the automatic healing after every battle into account? Aside from that, accepted!

Emerald:
- Bipolar the Slakoth (Slow Quickie Path - Having looked at both after deciding, I would have preferred the other, but a challenge is a challenge. Also been itching to use a slakoth for ages now. :D)
- Female Skitty
- Oshawatt the Mudkip
-
-
-

Crystal
- Haxman the Chikorita
- Googoo the Smoochum
- Scattered the Exeggcute
- Blaine the Smeargle
- (The changed one I lost track off)
- Post E4 Mon

Black
- Taken
- Random the Blitzle
- TeamPlayer the Sigilyph (Turns my usual method of training on its head.)
- Mudkip the Oshawatt
-
-

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
White 2 Challenge Mode Scramble Update #4

Moving on...And Scramble Update time.

Original Post
Update #1
Update #2
Update #3

From the last update, Burgh died. From there, it was time to go north of Castelia, & plow my way through Route 4 & Desert Resort. Though first up, I had to fight Colress. With Reckless the Darumaka leading (forced), I had to switch in 0MagSlag the Koffing & attempted to solo Magnemite. Return 3HKOed. Klink was also pretty easy to beat as well. After that, I continued up through Route 4, before going through Desert Resort, beating all the trainers there. Although, surprisingly enough, there was only like 1 wild encounter throughout the run for Reckless, & it was only an easily OHKOed Sandile. I also got rid of the trainers in Relic Castle, before heading to Nimbasa.

But first, came Join Avenue, which I decided to develop, a bit. Then I arrived in Nimbasa, where I walloped Ingo & Emmet, before heading out to Route 16 & Lostlorn Forest to grind. Naturally, the presence of another Breeder helped assist in the grinding, when suddenly, after a while in the Lostlorn Forest...

Luckily I had a Quick Ball in my possession, so it was an easy catch. Eventually, I finally decide to continue, going through the roller-coaster section, before heading to the Nimbasa Team, in sort of like a Leeroy Jenkins fashion. After beating the gym trainers, I re-stock, & take on the Nimbasa Gym Leader: Elesa.

Models. They like to strut their stuff on the catwalk, before leaving to re-dress & strut again later in a fashion show. This likening pretty much describes Elesa's play-style for sure, if anything. Why? Virtually every turn of the match, you would see her model Pokemon spam Volt Switch, jumping out of battle & replacing itself with another. In initially, it was Emolga vs. Rover the Herdier. Several turns later, she was Volt Switching between Flaaffy & Joltik, being able to 3HKO Rover if I was not spamming items. Also, Rover was paralysed early on & I was having to use Work Up to power up Tackle, but it was a slow process, having to consume an item every second turn, sometimes even being parahaxxed. After many turns, my item supply was shortening, but eventually, Rover through luck, managed to take out Joltik & Flaaffy. But then came the Emolga/Zebstrika show, & shortly after, I ran out of healing items. Out of luck, I could do nothing as the two swiftly knocked out Rover. Only 5 Pokemon left to Elesa's 2, but I was out of healing items. This is going to hurt. Furious the Psyduck comes in. Furious then went out as soon as he came in, OHKOed by one of the switching pair. Reckless was in next, & the Eviolite allowed him to take a couple of hits, getting a couple of hits in, but no items meant he fell as well. 0MagSlag was next in, but was 2HKOed by Volt Switch...And the scores were 2-2. I looked like being in trouble. I sent in Grub the Leavanny. Zebstrika was in, & was low on health, whilst Emolga in reserve was reasonably healthy. Zebstrika then Flame Charges, breaking the Volt Switch chain. Grub survives barely, & finally lands the KO on Zebstrika, leaving Emolga left. Emolga then comes in & KOes Grub, leaving me with Shy the Magnemite. Thanks to Shy's resistances, though, Shy never looked like being KOed by Emolga, comfortably Thundershocking the Emolga to death, & giving me Badge #4. Whee!

Afterwards, I re-stock on healing items, then get ready for the next part of the adventure...

Herdier [Rover] (F)
Lv28 | Sand Rush | Bashful
-Leer
-Tackle
-Work Up
-Bite

Comments: Still a powerful workhorse, but the lack of power in those moves...
---

Magnemite [Shy] (-)
Lv28 | Magnet Pull | Impish
-Thunder Wave
-Supersonic
-Thundershock
-Return

Comments: Shy's issue here is relying on Thundershock...ugh...
---

Leavanny [Grub] (F) @ Miracle Seed
Lv28 | Chlorophyll | Gentle
-Razor Leaf
-Protect
-Bug Bite
-Return

Comments: Limited usage continues to suck here...
---

Darumaka [Reckless] (M) @ Eviolite
Lv29 | Hustle | Jolly
-Facade
-Uproar
-Fire Punch
-Headbutt
0/5 #Times died to recoil damage

Comments: This thing is still a bloody truck...
---

Psyduck [Furious] (M) @ Leftovers
Lv29 | Cloud Nine | Bold
-Disable
-Fury Swipes
-Confusion
-Water Pulse
20/20 trainers soloed

Comments: Evolution for this thing cannot come soon enough. Current LVP.
---

Koffing [0MagSlag] (M)
Lv32 | Levitate | Impish
-Poison Gas
-Return
-Venoshock
-Clear Smog

Comments: It can handle a Magnemite if anything, but reliance on Poisoning...

That is all. No visible MVP atm, but w/e. Next time, Evolutions & Clay!

I'm currently playing Pokémon Platium, but I'm near of the Elite Four, so, I'm starting to think on a new run on Pokémon Sapphire (I'll start on maybe 2-3 weeks), and, well...

My Rules
- Drugs are not allowed.
- HM's slaves are not allowed. (I hate the idea)
- Any EV/IV manipulation is completely not alowed.
- Don't make me catch something which has 10% or less chance of being in x way.
- Allow me to plant berries and use them. Limits and conditions with the use are allowed.
- If more than 5-10 minutes of grind are necessary, then it's not allowed. (I hate to grind)
- "Unlimited" TM's are allowed only if for make my life harder, but "limited" TM's are not allowed.
- If someone request a hatch, then the result will be random, because I'll don't hatch more eggs than the necessary to get x ability or nature.
- Don't force me to use an exactly nickname, suggest nicknames and I'll chose if I take it or not, you can also give me a curse if I do not accept the name. (This's because I usually dislike to nickname my Pokémon, but some times, like Bulbasaur = Bulby, or the Clefa = Random, I do)

- Game: Pokémon Sapphire (I'll play it on my GBA Micro)
- Dificulty: Hardcore, make me suffer.
- I reserve the right to reject challanges if I seen them inappropiate.
- My starter will be Torchic, but I don't want to use it (variety).

Taking in account the fact that I'm not acepting HM's slaves, then don't leave me with a party where I'll be unnable to advance without them on certain points.

Things I'm looking foward with this (Not rules)
- I prefer to use cute Pokémon, of course, "cute" can be defined on so much ways, but I usually prefer adorable/small/round/eccentric/plusshy/fisshy/little bugs Pokémon, for say somethin'.
- I'm somewhat looking foward to hatch some Baby Pokémon, so, any challenge involving them I'll like it.
- I'm also looking foward to use unused/neverused Pokémon.
- I love Magnemite, he's so round, small, eccentric and adorable! I'm somewhat looking foward to use him, so, any challenge involving him is well welcome.
- Make me use at least one Bug-Type Pokémon (like Caterpie or Wurmple), I love them!
- Cute/curious nicknames have higher chances of being acepted.
- I'm trying to complete the National Pokédex, so, restriction of the type of "don't capture anything" or stuff like that I'll usually dislike them, a lot, because, yeah, I want to complete the National Pokédex on Black/White, not the reverse. At the same time, and for the same, any thing involving to capture/complete more my Pokédex is really well welcome.

And... that's all, I hope to do not leave anything uncover, this's my first time trying a Scramble... Also, sorry for my strange english, it's because I'm not native speaker.

One question: does the "never be healed for at least 20 consecutive battles in Mt. Battle" take the automatic healing after every battle into account? Aside from that, accepted!
No, it doesn't. You just can't use healing items on it during battle nor use any moves/held items that would cause healing.

Note that healing counts as BOTH health and status. So aside from Potions and other HP-restoring items, you also can't use Antidotes, Parlyz Heals, etc.

----------------------------------------

Nyara, give me a second, I'll get you a pokemon.

Nyara, you'll get a Beautifly/Dustox from me (hey, it was cute as a Wurmple, okay? Not my fault Game Freak made half of them ugly upon evolution...).

If you want to name it something, choose from either "Ledian" or... nah, actually just call it Ledian if it's a Beautifly. Everyone knows Ledian is a very cute pokemon (if you disagree, you are evil!). If it's a Dustox, call it Stunfisk (because Stunfisk is so NOT cute, and neither is Dustox for that matter).

The thing is, this Wurmple really hates the heat. It may be cute, but it never really got over the fact that the day is almost always too hot. That, and deep-fried Wurmples are NOT cute. Hot days almost always come with more Swellows to avoid. As much as Wurmple wants to fly one day, it doesn't like birds much.

For that reason, have Wurmple destroy the Lavaridge Gym Leader Flannery, as well as beating Winona in Fortree. Both these battles should be solo'd by Wurmple (you can evolve prior, I just use Wurmple because I don't know what it'll evolve into). During these battles, hold either an Oran or Sitrus Berry. Hot days end up burning fruit and birds love to take them for some reason. So make sure that the berries Wurmple holds in these battles do NOT get consumed, just to spite the fire pokemon and those darned birds.

And have Wurmple win at least one Contest in Beauty/Smart. Why? Because it'll make it actually worthwhile to visit Verdanturf, that's why.

Good luck.

EDIT: Beautifly > Dustox. All other options are invalid. Mainly because Beautifly doesn't evolve from Cascoon (Silcoon is so much better).

Actual Challenge at the bottom. But nice little read to help entice you to accept this lovely little Pokemon.

Ok, I give thee ______ (Surfskit, Syntax, Bugger, NotABug) the Surskit. This Surskit, when it was just hatched was taken in by the Masquerian elder because the Surskit's parents had been recently caught by some trainers and were being forced to have sex at the daycare. Seemed like a pretty sweet deal so they went off to have more kids and left our poor Surskit alone. Anyway yes, the elder took the little baby Surskit in.

Slowly the Surskit grew up, playing around by the pond where it lived. Soon enough our little buggy friend made an enemy in Paulie the Poochyena. Now Paulie didn't really mean any harm. He was just scared of Bug types being a well educated Dark type, albeit one with a big mouth. So Paulie was running around pretending to be awesome like any other little Poochyena one day and happened to spy our little Surskit friend blowing bubbles into the air and watching the pretty colours swirling on the outside of them. Surskit was having a good day until, out of seemingly nowhere Paulie bursts in snarling at our poor orphaned Surskit. Surskit stopped blowing his happy bubbles isntantly and turned to face the scary Pokemon that had jumped out in front of it.

Then as soon as he had appeared, Paulie stopped snarling, and yelled in his Pokemon voice, "GO AWAY YOU BUG" before running off into the tall grass. Surskit glided over to the other side of the pond to ask the Masquerian elder about what had happened. Surskit had seen these Poochnas before, but had never really gotten close to one. And rather than being scared (Mainly because the little Surskit didn't know any better.) he was just curious and a bit confused. What did that Pokemon mean about him being a bug? He thought he had been minding his own business blowing his bubbles, but apparently not. Apparently this Poochyena had been bugged by his bubbles. So being the caring little Surskit he was, he scurried over to the Elder to work everything out.

The little Surskit was devestated to find out, though he didn't quite understand how or why, that he had always been a Bug and always would be. So, in the interest of trying to accomplish this little Surskit's dream of not being a bug, it set out to try and find a trainer to work out how to settle his true, inner typing.

So. Once our Surskit friend has been caught;
It must never carry a bug type move. (So no Silver Wind)
Whenever there is a Poochyena or Mightyena, Surskit must instantly switch in to show how little of a bug it is now.
While it is waiting to work out it's true type, it thinks it is only water. So it must only use water type moves for damage sources.
As soon as you have Hidden Power, teach it to Surskit. Then go test to see what type the hidden power is. (Kecleons appear at the same time as Hidden Power making it easy to check.) Then the type of the Hidden Power is Surskit's 'True' type. From then on, Surskit feels comfortable enough to finally evolve. (If the Hidden Power type is Bug, then the no Bug type moves rule is negated.)
Once Evolved, Masquerian may only use offensive moves the same type as it's Hidden Power type. (You can still use stuff like agility or sweet scent because they are non offensive.)

@Treadshot A1: Silcoon > Cascoon, but once they evolve, Dustox > Beautifly, the thing I dislike of Beautyfly is the fact he's a aggresive butterfly, that's not cute, while Dustox is just a bulky, vengative but relative standar moth, that's more cute. Also, it's possible if I catch more Wurmples to have a Dustox on place of a Beautifly, or I should stick with the first thing I get at the end? Also, about the Solo's not consuming the berries... I can't do them, because I'll need to grind A LOT to being able to not consume my berries on the battle (or waste on about 20-40 super potions - to PP waste - and have a lot of luck of not getting a critical hit, but I'm a pretty unlucky girl...), so, I'm asking for the possibility to consume my berry without losing the challenge. that's more possible without grind.

If Dustox, I'll name it "Dusty", if it's Beautifly, I'll name it "Beauty".

@Brammi: I LOVE Surskit, thanks.

Nyara, you get Skittles the Skitty. Skittles thinks it is a sweet. It must learn moves of 4 different types ASAP. Because Skittles are colourful, as soon as you learn it a non-normal type move, you cannot use Normal-type attacks ever again. The reason is that it is grey, and grey is not colourful. It must always hold berry's, as they, just as Skittles are delicious. After you catch it, which must also be ASAP, it must solo the next gym leader. Consequently, it wants to show of its beautiful range of colours. It can never use the same move twice in a row and from the solo onwards, it can only use special-typed moves. It must still have four different types. (go tm's) As it is surely a cuty, and will always want to stay that way, it can not evolve. It wants to take part in the Contests, as every contest represents a certain colour (yeah, they do). It wants to win at least one of every type to show of its true colours. It sees the corrupt bad organisation in this game as the opposition of colourful, as they oppose an even distribution of land and water. Both are needed for a nice range of colours. Therefore, it must solo Archie to put all things right.

GL

Brammi, you have been waiting long enough.

For Emerald, catch the first pokemon you encounter on route 117. This pokemon is weak and cannot use any STAB attacks. Have it solo one elite four member. It cannot evolve.

For Black, take a Maractus called Cacturne. It can only use moves that can Cacturne can also learn. Have it solo one gym leader other than Clay. Everytime Sigilyph gets low on helth, Cacturne must switch in, and the other way around, as they are buddies. (Lets call this when the health gets into red) They must do all double (and triple) battles together. This are all battles that CAN be battled as a double battle (no sneaking up on and speaking to one half of the couples) This also counts for the triple battles.

@Naix, take the Yanma from Mirror B.'s hideout and name it Unproven. Yanma is a pretty weak Pokemon, but wants to show that it can shine despite that! Have it participate in every Cipher Admin battle, and have it KO at least one of their Pokemon.

Good luck! This might not seem hard at a glance btw but just take a look at Yanma's stats and movepool and you'll be glad I let you off as easy as I did!

@Brammi
For your post E4 Pokemon in Crystal take a Houndour and name it Darkness. This Houndour is so uber proud of being the first useful dark type you encounter that ALL it can use are dark type moves. This isn't what's best for your team though, so you can convince Darkness to have one non-dark type move by soloing a Kanto Gymleader with it. You can do this twice for a maximum of two non-dark type moves. However, these non-dark type moves cannot be fire-type moves, since fire lights up the darkness that Darkness loves.

Good luck!

@Present: I have a problem with Skittles, she's unnable to learn 4 different of special types of move via unlimited TM's, because she learns Faint Attack, but the unique 2 unlimited TM's she can learn are Electric or Ice type, Solar Beam and Water Pulse are not unlimited TM's on Sapphire. Now, if she can also learn non-attacking moves but that had to match to types were are on attacking moves, special, then she can learn: Calm Mind/Rest/Sunny Day/Rain Dance, if that's is the scenary, then it's possible. I'm not counting Hidden Power because I'll have to give it to Syntax the Surskit, and exist the possibility that Skittles had a physical Hidden Power.

@Brammi: Let me understand well, Syntax (I'll name it in that way) CAN use whatever non-damage move? Incluiding non-damage bug-type moves?

Indeed @ Nyara

Emerald:
- Bipolar the Slakoth (Slow Quickie Path - Having looked at both after deciding, I would have preferred the other, but a challenge is a challenge. Also been itching to use a slakoth for ages now. :D)
- Female Skitty
- Oshawatt the Mudkip
- First Poke on Route 117
-
-

Crystal
- Haxman the Chikorita
- Googoo the Smoochum
- Scattered the Exeggcute
- Blaine the Smeargle
- (The changed one I lost track off)
- Darkness the Houndour

Black
- Cacturne the Maractus
- Random the Blitzle
- TeamPlayer the Sigilyph (Turns my usual method of training on its head.)
- Mudkip the Oshawatt
-
-

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Here you go Nyara, have a challange. I need to win something this round...

Take Bouncy the Azurill.
Each time Bouncy faints, throw out P500 worth of items.
Bouncy can only evolve after soloing a Gym Leader or Elite Four member.
If Bouncy is not evolved by the end of the game, you lose >:(

That is your only restriction; don't wanna go too hard on you ^_^

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
I grow bored. I SHALL ISSUE ANOTHER CHALLENGE.

Brammi, for your Black Scramble, take a Vullaby named Grimslette. Now, Grimslette believes that she is destined to one day be with Grimsley (kinky) so she must prove herself to be the best Dark-type Pokemon. Half of her moveset must consist of Dark-type moves, and any moves that are super-effective against Dark are disallowed. She must use a Dark-type move at the beginning of each battle. Grimslette must solo 15 Dark-types to evolve, and only 7 of them can be wild. The other 8 must belong to a Trainer. Also, she must solo Grimsley, to prove that she is the best Pokemon for him. Then she must have sex with Grimsley.

gl;hf

No, it doesn't. You just can't use healing items on it during battle nor use any moves/held items that would cause healing.

Note that healing counts as BOTH health and status. So aside from Potions and other HP-restoring items, you also can't use Antidotes, Parlyz Heals, etc.
Okay, thanks for clearing that up!
@Naix, take the Yanma from Mirror B.'s hideout and name it Unproven. Yanma is a pretty weak Pokemon, but wants to show that it can shine despite that! Have it participate in every Cipher Admin battle, and have it KO at least one of their Pokemon.

Good luck! This might not seem hard at a glance btw but just take a look at Yanma's stats and movepool and you'll be glad I let you off as easy as I did!
Despite it having the exact same typing as ImTooCute, Accepted.

Nyara, as for non-damaging moves, they can be of whatever type you want. Basically, you still have to have 4 moves of 4 different types, but the non-damaging ones can be of whatever type you like. Skittles has no way of showing the beauty of non-damaging moves, so it prefers damaging ones; but as it realizes it cannot get everything it wants, there you go.

So basically, no restrictions on non-damaging moves, as long as you have moves of four different types AND they do not damage the opponent (no toxic)

Basically, this will make your challenge a bit harder, but as you asked for mindblowingly difficult, no problems there. :)

@Treadshot A1: Silcoon > Cascoon, but once they evolve, Dustox > Beautifly, the thing I dislike of Beautyfly is the fact he's a aggresive butterfly, that's not cute, while Dustox is just a bulky, vengative but relative standar moth, that's more cute. Also, it's possible if I catch more Wurmples to have a Dustox on place of a Beautifly, or I should stick with the first thing I get at the end? Also, about the Solo's not consuming the berries... I can't do them, because I'll need to grind A LOT to being able to not consume my berries on the battle (or waste on about 20-40 super potions - to PP waste - and have a lot of luck of not getting a critical hit, but I'm a pretty unlucky girl...), so, I'm asking for the possibility to consume my berry without losing the challenge. that's more possible without grind.

If Dustox, I'll name it "Dusty", if it's Beautifly, I'll name it "Beauty".

@Brammi: I LOVE Surskit, thanks.
If you hold a berry in those battles it may never be consumed. Of course, you can add the option to just not carry a berry into those battles at all (you can't consume what isn't being held).

And you get the first Wurmple you find. So basically hope the RNG is nice to you. Because otherwise you're stuck with a Beautifly.

Got it.

Also, I NEED HM USERS, gosh, Skitty, Surskit, and Dustox/Beautifly can't use HM's at all (Flash is not necessary), and I'll not HM' slave my Azurill (max: 2 HM's).

Not Necessary HM's: Fly, Flash

Necessary (?): Rock Smash is necessary to advance on the game or not?

Taking in account Rock Smash is necessary, then I'm needing:

Cut, Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Waterfall, Whirpool (6)

I'll put to my Azurril Surf and Whirpool, so, I'm needing a user of Cut and Strength, and other of Rock Smash (if necessary) and Waterfall, or any dual combination with the remaining.

My Team (so far):
- Dusty the Wurmple
- Syntax the Surskit
- Skittles the Skitty
- Bouncy the Azurill
-
-

Gauntlets (3-6, I'l decide when it's enough of quanty):
-
-
-

Also, about Bouncy the Azurill, I can evolve it twice to Azumarill if I solo two gyms with him?

Alright, it's time for my first Scramble update!

Its A Random said:
@ Bard of Rage: You get inb4KS the Cleffa.

inb4KS must have the Cute Charm Ability. inb4KS can only learn Level-Up moves. inb4KS can evolve into Clefairy whenever, but must solo a Gym Leader to evolve into Clefable.

Have fun.
shinyskarmory said:
Bard of Rage, take Medli the female Kricketot/Tune. She loves to make music for everyone around her, which would get really annoying if she wasn't so damn good at making music. Have her learn a movepool of only sound based moves (for this purpose, Bug Buzz counts.
AOPSUser said:
Reserving a starter for Bard of Rage.

EDIT: Take SolarPower the Turtwig.

This is just a normal Turtwig, except that it thinks it has Solar Power. It is constantly worrying about losing health in sun, so it may not evolve until it learns Synthesis (lv. 33, have fun). Once it evolves into Grotle, it thinks that Sun is awesome, so it naturally must learn Sunny Day by TM. Evolve again after doing so.

As a Torterra, it has a fear of every single Ice-type out there (typical). However, it thinks that the best way to beat them is to set up Sun to weaken their attacks. Of course this doesn't work, but it IS fun to try! Every time an Ice-type is sent out by the opponent, it must switch in to use Sunny Day. Solo one of Candice's Pokemon.
Espeon65 said:
@Bard of Rage you seem to have some strange/unique pokemon so far. Let's add on to that. Take NotPsychic the Psyduck. Unlike most Psyducks that have a chronic headache and seem to think they are part psychic, he has no headache and knows he's mono-Water. He can't learn any Psychic-type moves and if he comes with them, they can't be used and must be deleted immediately. Since he thinks all Psyducks are stupid for using Psychic-type moves, he must solo all Psyducks and Golducks. He must solo Crasher Wake to evolve. GL;HF!
Reserving for Bard of Rage ~(^.^)~

Funny thing about me, I always try to make Challanges harder by disallowing STAB. And it gets kinda boring.

So, take STABartist the Carnivine.

Your restrictions are:

STABartist can only use STAB moves.
STABartist must solo an Elite Four of its choice.

Oh, and because I want to win something at the Scramble Awards:

STABartist is literally a stereotypical "starving artist". So, it is extremely hungry and must always hold a berry. In addition, its malnutrition has left it weak and unable to process data stored in TMs and HMs. So, it can only use level-up moves.

GL;HF >:)
I start up the game, naming myself Bard and the Rival Barry. After doing boring stuff in Twinleaf Town, we head to Lake Verity and fight off a Starly with my very first Scramblemon, SolarPower the male Turtwig! After a quick look at his stats, I discover he is Adamant and quick tempered. The nature is somewhat disappointing, as I was planning to use him as a SunnyBeamer later, but oh well. I make short work of the Starly, pick up the Running Shoes, Pokédex and Pokéballs, and head to Route 202, where I catch PetMe the female Starly! Her stats reveal that she is Quiet-natured and likes to relax. Another disappointing nature, but it could be worse. I then spend a while trying to find my next Pokémon, and after SolarPower kills the first suitable one I see with a crit, I catch Medli the female Kricketot! She is Naive, and likes to fight. I then begin to train my team. Unfortunately, Meldi is quite difficult to train, due to her only knowing Bide and Growl.

After training everyone to level eight, I defeat the Route's trainers and enter Jubilife City, but not before being told by Dawn that I don't have enough Pokémon. Well excuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess. After a quick bout of sarcasm and a Legend of Zelda reference, I heal up and enter the Trainer's school, where Medli solos the two Abra kids and evolves into Kricketune, learning Fury Cutter. I also get the TM for Hidden Power. I then talk to Barry, get the Town Map, find the clowns, get the Pokétch, get an Old Rod that I'll never use, and make my way to the Ravaged Path where I catch NotPsychic the male Psyduck! He is Gentle, yet somewhat stubborn. I also get a Quick Claw and give it to SolarPower.

That done, I proceed to Route 203 to take on Barry. I send out PetMe while he sends out his own Starly, which falls to three Tackles. He then sends out his Chimchar, which spams Leer while I chip away with Tackle. Eventually it goes down and I fulfill the requirement for PetMe's evolution into Staravia! Then I begin to train NotPsychic, using the Hidden Power TM on him. After some experimentation, I conclude that his Hidden Power is Bug-typed, as it did neutral damage to a Budew and a Kricketot and was resisted by a Starly.

After NotPsychic reaches level 10, I take on Route 203's trainers. I meet one lass who claims to have received "a nifty-keen gym badge from the gym leader in Oreburgh City!" Her team? A level five Starly and Bidoof. I'll never understand how she did it. At least they gave her a Machop and Psyduck (I think) in Platinum. After that, I head into Oreburgh Tunnel and get the Rock Smash HM, while SolarPower dominates the non-Psyduck Pokémon, which NotPsychic defeats. I get to Oreburgh City and get informed by Barry that the Gym Leader is in the mine. So obviously, I go to the mine and yell at Roark for not doing his job until he goes back to his gym. Then I catch a Zubat to show it to an NPC who gives me a Heal Ball.

Oreburgh Gym proves to be no match for me, the first trainer's Geodude goes down to two Absorbs from SolarPower, and the second's Geodude and Onix are both OHKO'd. Putting NotPsychic in the lead slot, I then take on Roark. His Geodude is wiped out by Water Gun before it can move, and his Onix outspeeds and uses Stealth Rock before meeting a similar fate. Roark then sends out Cranidos while I counter with the more defensive SolarPower. He Leers while I Razor Leaf, and then Potions while I Razor Leaf for the KO. Coal Badge get!

Name: NotPsychic
Level: 13
Nature: Gentle
Characteristic: Somewhat stubborn
Met at: Ravaged Path
Ability: Cloud Nine
Item: None
Moves:
-Water Gun
-Scratch
-Tail Whip
-Hidden Power (Bug)
Notes: No psychic moves isn't hurting yet as he hasn't tried to learn any. I love Golduck and I am looking forward to using one.

Name: SolarPower
Level: 13
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Quick tempered
Met at: Lake Verity
Ability: Overgrow
Item: Quick Claw
Moves:
-Tackle
-Withdraw
-Absorb
-Razor Leaf
Notes: I was glad to get Turtwig as a Scramblemon, as he is my favourite DP starter. The nature is disappointing as I was hoping to use the Sunny Day + Solarbeam combo on him, but such is life.

Name: Medli
Level: 12
Nature: Naive
Characteristic: Likes to fight
Met at: Route 202
Ability: Swarm
Moves:
-Growl
-Bide
-Fury Cutter
-Nothing
Notes: I've used Kricketune before, but only in ROM hacks like BlazeBlack where it's been greatly improved. Eventual moveset will be Growl, Sing, Bug Buzz and Perish Song. I could use Screech but it would be completely useless as Medli won't be using any physical attacks.

Name: PetMe
Level: 12
Nature: Quiet
Characteristic: Likes to Relax
Met at: Route 202
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves:
-Tackle
-Growl
-Quick Attack
-Wing Attack
Notes: Only being able to use Tackle when I have Wing Attack is tormenting. A -speed nature is kinda disappointing, but not crippling. At least I can evolve it into Staravia whenever I want, now. Unfortunately I won't be getting a Staraptor until after the eighth gym, as I have to solo Volkner with it, because I can't solo Candice seeing as SolarPower has to take out one of her Pokémon. Also, a question about it. Can I use non-direct-damage moves on it?

Not Necessary HM's: Fly, Flash

Necessary (?): Rock Smash is necessary to advance on the game or not?

Taking in account Rock Smash is necessary, then I'm needing:

Cut, Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Waterfall, Whirpool (6)
Yeah, Whirlpool isn't an HM is Emerald. Anyway, I'll give you a challange. Take a Grimer. This Grimer wants to help out with HMs, but finds out he can't learn any until he evolves! (sorry, use an HM slave for the first time you need Rock Smash, north of Mauville) So, he wants to go super hardcore to help out, and wants to evolve immediately! He has to hold the Exp. Share at all times (get it ASAP), and must solo 10 trainers + 1 gym leader to evolve. Once he evolves, teach him Strength and Rock Smash ASAP (If you don't have Strength yet, assign a spot in his moveset where Strength will go. That move must never be deleted until it's changed to Strength, and also never used in battle.). This Muk is not one to try to shine above all the rest, and be too much better than everyone else. Take off the Exp. Share and he must not battle until your whole team has caught up to his level (most likely 38-ish). Have him solo 4 E4 pokes. GL:HF!

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Nyara, your starter is a Torchic, however you refuse to use it. However, that doesn't mean you can't use the awesome Fire-type Vulpix! It cannot evolve to Ninetales until you have beaten Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, and Drake of the Elite Four. As a Ninetales, it must solo one of Steven Stone's Pokemon without the use of a Super Effective attack. It also cannot exceed level 60. Good luck!

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Also, about Bouncy the Azurill, I can evolve it twice to Azumarill if I solo two gyms with him?
You can evolve it however much you want; you just have to solo one Gym Leader. With an Azurill. Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)