Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

What have you already been given? I'd like to know before I give you one
My current scramble team:

Sandshrew:
-Must always know Sand Attack and Defense Curl
-Can't attack unless it uses defense curl once per switch-in and sand attack once per enemy pokemon

Spinarak:
-Must always know Constrict, String Shot, Poison Sting and Spider Web
-Must solo Bugsy to evolve
-Must be the first spinarak I find

Bird Satan (Spearow):
-Cannot be the lowest level in my team
-Cannot learn any moves that Pidgeot can learn (available moves listed below)
Drill Peck
False Swipe
Fury Attack
Growl
Leer
Scary Face
Sonicboom
Whirlwind

Bellsprout:
-Must solo every grass-type I encounter (flexible rule, but other Bellsprouts have no exception)
-Must solo Morty

@ CJorex -I give you Fairwy the Mawile. The only limitation to this Mawile is that she [or he] is upset that her [or his] true typing does not exist yet, neither does her Mega Evolution. As a result, she [Or he] must always know Fake Tears.

Anyway; I'd like a Scramble Challenge of Pokemon Y. Bear in mind the following:

- I do not want ANY starters, although a starter will be used until the first team member. This includes the Kanto starters.
- I may use 'EXP Sink' pokemon if overleveling becomes a problem, but these pokemon shall not partake in any major battles. It's just no fun when you're overleveled.
- I want at least the following number of pokemon by each of these milestones:
Viola - 1
Grant - 3
Korrina - 4
Olympia - 5
Elite 4 - 6
- Nothing that would require a trade to initially obtain.
- I want this DIFFICULT. However, a maximum of 1 'Solo X mon to Y' challenge per boss battle, and none of these related to evolution can be in the Elite 4. While I want this difficult, I reserve the right to object to anything completely absurd.
- Please do not give me Snorlax, Korrina's Lucario [Although you may give me a Riolu that was actually caught and evolved with effort], or Lapras.

Code:
Triblock:
Hydrophobe (Helioptile)
-If sand veil, must always know sandstorm and battle every ground-type you meet
-If dry skin, must always know rain dance and battle every water-type you meet
-Can never damage a water-type pokemon, no exceptions

Roadagain:
Fair Play [Inkay]
- Cannot use moves with a % chance of causing secondary effects
- Non-100% accuracy moves are 'fair play' however
- Must solo Valerie to evolve

chaostothemax:
Baleful [Skorupi]
- Cannot KO a pokemon that is not afflicted by Poison
- Must always hold Rocky Helmet
- Must solo Lysandre battles.
- Cannot have healing items used on it unless it is critical

Last edited:
Raikaria: Take a Helioptile named Hydrophobe. The first one you catch is the one you have to use. If its ability is Sand Veil, it must be taught sandstorm, and it must battle every ground-type pokemon you meet (That doesn't mean it has to kill it. Keep in mind, Helioptile can learn surf!). If its ability is Dry Skin, it must be taught Rain Dance, and it must battle every fire-type pokemon you meet (same thing). However, regardless of what ability it has, it cannot ever damage a water type, no exceptions (if it must faint, let it faint).

For your convenience:
Code:
Hydrophobe (Helioptile)
Lemme know if it's too easy, too boring, etc. I can make changes :]

Raikaria: Take a Helioptile named Hydrophobe. The first one you catch is the one you have to use. If its ability is Sand Veil, it must be taught sandstorm, and it must battle every ground-type pokemon you meet (That doesn't mean it has to kill it. Keep in mind, Helioptile can learn surf!). If its ability is Dry Skin, it must be taught Rain Dance, and it must battle every fire-type pokemon you meet (same thing). However, regardless of what ability it has, it cannot ever damage a water type, no exceptions (if it must faint, let it faint).

For your convenience:
Code:
Hydrophobe (Helioptile)
Lemme know if it's too easy, too boring, etc. I can make changes :]

It's OK as long as the ground/fire type restrictions are lower priority than a specific challenge/fight. [Ie: Someone wants something to kill, say, Malva's Talonflame or Lysandre's Pyroar or something]

Luckily there are not that many major fights which use Ground or Fire types, so the odds of a specific solo over-riding this is slim, but still.

It's OK as long as the ground/fire type restrictions are lower priority than a specific challenge/fight. [Ie: Someone wants something to kill, say, Malva's Talonflame or Lysandre's Pyroar or something]

Luckily there are not that many major fights which use Ground or Fire types, so the odds of a specific solo over-riding this is slim, but still.
Well if another challenge says "solo x fire-type trainer", you could start with Helioptile out and immediately switch to the necessary pokemon, but if that makes no sense to you then you don't need to have Helioptile out for that battle.

@ CJorex -I give you Fairwy the Mawile. The only limitation to this Mawile is that she [or he] is upset that her [or his] true typing does not exist yet, neither does her Mega Evolution. As a result, she [Or he] must always know Fake Tears.
I would actually like it if there was perhaps one extra restriction, a solo or something, but whatever, Accepted!
my god what is the encounter rate of kriketot on route 201!? I used always find them when i didn't use them!
You can only find them at night or in the mornings

Just reminding everyone. I'd like it if someone could give me a Shroomish and a Ninjask, and I'd also like at least one Water-type.
It's been too long since I last had a scramble, so I may as well ask for one on Ruby, Easy-mid difficulty. No starter, max 2 Pokemon before the first gym and I do not want to use Zigzagoon, Plusle, Minun, Magikarp, Lileep, Grimer, Volbeat, Illumise, Wurmple, Wailmer or anything used in my Emerald or FireRed scrambles. Also, no trading and I want a complete team by Winona. Also, I'd like a Fire-type and a Pokemon that can use Fly. I want to use some underused mons, and would like a mix of common- and rarely-used pokemon. I think that's all- thanks in advance!

EDIT: First Challange!
(Roadagain)[/I]]Alright, get Bogey the Slugma.
Bogey is a very special sort of a Slugma. Unlike most, it doesn't have a problem of being slow, or tired. As such, it will keep the ever-reliable Yawn on it's moveset. In addition to this, since it relies on Recover to heal, it will not be able to use any HP-healing items. Unfortunately, back in the days of Gen III, neither Slugma or Magcargo can could learn Recover. As such, it simply can't use HP-healing of any sort.

(Raikaria)[/I]]@ CJorex -I give you Fairwy the Mawile. The only limitation to this Mawile is that she [or he] is upset that her [or his] true typing does not exist yet, neither does her Mega Evolution. As a result, she [Or he] must always know Fake Tears. Fairwy is aware of the types she should have super-effective coverage on. As a result, to prove her fairy-ness, she must solo at least one of Sydney and Drake's pokemon.

Last edited:
I would actually like it if there was perhaps one extra restriction, a solo or something, but whatever, Accepted!
You can add this if you want then:

Fairwy is aware of the types she should have super-effective coverage on. As a result, to prove her fairy-ness, she must solo at least one of Sydney and Drake's pokemon.

The painful thing is that it was night. Whatever Bach has joined the team! I'll post a screenshot of my team tomorrow

You can only find them at night or in the mornings

This has seemed like a interesting place to go in orange islands and I was wondering if anyone could give me a scramble challenge for just after Brock in pokemon red

Also correct me if I did this wrong

This has seemed like a interesting place to go in orange islands and I was wondering if anyone could give me a scramble challenge for just after Brock in pokemon red

Also correct me if I did this wrong
Hydreigon1998, are you using a starter? If so, then the Scramble Challenge should start before Brock, not after. But if you mean that your first scramblemon is after Brock, then take Fangz the Ekans. Fangz thinks he/she is very cool, and show its fangs off to opponents. (So, whenever you send it out after Fangz has learned Bite, Fangz must use Bite). Fangz may never forget Bite, so it can keep showing enemies his/her AWESOME fangs. Fangz must solo Koga before it can evolve, because Fangz thinks Koga thinks he is more awesome than Fangz. After Fangz evolves, Fangz grows lasy, and must have a move set of: Rest, Body Slam, Bite, and Toxic as soon as possible. If you're wondering, all of those moves except Bite can be learned by ™, and Fangz should already know Bite. After evolution, Fangz may only use those 4 moves. Add it to a hide tag in your post like this:
[.HIDE=Subject Title]blah blah blah
[./HIDE]
without the periods. The result should end up like this:
This is a Hide Tag. Try it out!

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Ultra-Mega-Hard-Make-Me-Suffer-And-Die-Scramble-GO!

Pokémon X is an easy game, we all know that. Make it hard for me. I will not use the EXP. SHARE in it ever. Ever. Make me cry, make me die, make me... fly. Or something. JUST MAKE IT HARD OK?

(I will try to write flavour.)

Just saying guys, I reserve the right to reject any challenges which I feel are too easy or just to ask "add a few more challenges" to said Pokémon. Oh, and one more thing: At least one X/Y mon. Let your imaginations run free with this one, and don't go easy on me. That's not the point. No excessive grinding, either.

Team:
1)
I grant you Infection the Mothim. When you first get him, he starts out as a Burmy. At this point, there are no restrictions, except the fact that the Burmy must be male, and it must at least participate against Viola's Surskit.

It is when Infection evolves into a Mothim that restrictions begin.

Infection is a sadistic Mothim, and likes to see his victims suffer. As a result, it may never forget Protect, and it must be taught and never forget Infestation. It must open every battle with Infestation, and then use Protect the next turn.

Upon reaching Route 14; you must obtain TM06, and also teach this to Infection. Infection's move cycle changes to Infestation-Toxic-Protect, after which you are free to use any move you wish.

Infection is never allowed to learn Roost, but aside from this your 4th move slot is free. [But you may only use it after your initial rotation]

After learning Toxic, Infection must defeat at least 1 pokemon in each 'boss' battle until the Elite Four. [Specifically the Rival, Olympia, Wulfric, Lysandre] At the Elite 4, the only restriction is that it must defeat something against Dianthia and Wilkstrom.

2)
I give you Adorable the Dedenne.

Adorable is the cutest thing in the Kalos region, or so it believes. It knows how low its stats are, so it uses its charm to get by. As such, it must always know Charm, Nuzzle, and Attract(TM45 in Route 12). It must use each of those moves at least once against every pokemon it fights, whether or not they work.

Adorable feels emotionally endangered and insecure when other "cute" pokemon are nearby. In battles against other "cute" pokemon (up to you to decide what you think is "cute"), Adorable refuses to fight and cannot be switched in until the threat is extinguished.

3)
Take rhyhorn the hippopotas, rhyhorn thinks hes a rhyhorn and loves carrying people but all the extra weight means he cant have a held item, he must never stay in on grass, water or fighting types and must solo all ice types. He can only use moves rhyhorn can learn and must have at least one rock type move at all times ASAP. To evolve he must be given the protecter to hold, be evolved, then he must toss the protecter. Oh and he must always kill every geodude/graveler/golem he sees since they are rhyhorn biggest competitor. To get over his fears he must solo korrina and siebold, he also gets to take out dianthas gourgeist! Have fun!

4)
Take Epic Flail the Carbink. Epic Flail must have the ability Sturdy. Its must know Flail, and it can only directly attack the foe with that one move (it can still attack foes with Toxic, Sandstorm, Hail, and Swagger). It must solo every pokemon whose STABs it resists (barring solos). If its HP is in the red, then it may not switch out of any non-ghost due to Flail getting MAXIMUM POWER!!!

Epic Flail may not use any HP recovering, Evasion raising, or Accuracy lowering moves, as those would interfere with it using Flail for maximum power (although the last two can be used if already at 1 HP, and the first one can be used if its HP is still in the green. It also may not use Hail if at 5/16 max HP or less, because then it would be KOed.

How to get Sturdy:
Use Sweet Scent until a 4 Roggenrola 1 Carbink horde appears, and then attack the Carbink with a steel-type move to check. If it has Sturdy, it will survive. Otherwise, it won't. If the Carbink survives, then catch it. After catching, though, you will need to grind it up a few levels to have it catch up.

5)
I'll give you BANZAI! the Farfetch'd. This Farfetch'd must be caught holding a stick- if it is not holding a Stick when you catch it, you may not use it and must catch another (You may use a Scatterbug with Compound eyes to help if you like, I'm not sadistic). You may never remove this Stick, and if it is removed through Knock Off, BANZAI! must faint as soon as possible. BANZAI! must lead every major battle (gyms, rivals, Team Flare, e4) that is not already being solo'd, and must stay in until he faints. I should add that he also wants to show off his flying skills, and so he may only have one Flying move, which you progressively upgrade. Start with Peck, the replace it with Aerial Ace, then Brave Bird (I won't make you do Acrobatics, unless you really want to) (You may also have Fly, but may not use it in battle). These flying moves are the only ones he may use in major battles (so yes, you must lead and then Brave Bird yourself to fainting once you get it). BANZAI! also believes in full-on offense, and so he may only use contact moves against the opponent.
Good Luck, I think you'll need it!
EDIT: If something has to solo the first Pokemon in a major battle, let them do that, and then switch in on the next Pokemon

6)

Last edited:
Celever, you want a hard challenge, you're getting one!
Take Kokon the Scatterbug.
If it does not have a Timid nature, it may never evolve into Spewpa.
If it has a Timid nature, it may never evolve into Vivillon.
Because Scatterbug is so bad, there are no other restrictions.
Gl,hf with your Scatterbug!

Celever

i am town
Celever, you want a hard challenge, you're getting one!
Take Kokon the Scatterbug.
If it does not have a Timid nature, it may never evolve into Spewpa.
If it has a Timid nature, it may never evolve into Vivillon.
Because Scatterbug is so bad, there are no other restrictions.
Gl,hf with your Scatterbug!
I'm not cowering out

Ugh, I forgot to put the "no excessive grinding" which I always do in my scrambles. Scatterbug is a good enough choice, but I'd get him to level 100 before the first gym :|

I'm pretty sure if no-evolution Caterpie/Weedle/ect are not allowed, no evolution Scatterbugs are not allowed either.

Excuse me while I edit in a challenge for you.

I'm going to give you an earlygame Pokemon:

Celever:
I grant you Infection the Mothim. When you first get him, he starts out as a Burmy. At this point, there are no restrictions, except the fact that the Burmy must be male, and it must at least participate against Viola's Surskit.

It is when Infection evolves into a Mothim that restrictions begin.

Infection is a sadistic Mothim, and likes to see his victims suffer. As a result, it may never forget Protect, and it must be taught and never forget Infestation. It must open every battle with Infestation, and then use Protect the next turn.

Upon reaching Route 14; you must obtain TM06, and also teach this to Infection. Infection's move cycle changes to Infestation-Toxic-Protect, after which you are free to use any move you wish.

Infection is never allowed to learn Roost, but aside from this your 4th move slot is free. [But you may only use it after your initial rotation]

After learning Toxic, Infection must defeat at least 1 pokemon in each 'boss' battle until the Elite Four. [Specifically the Rival, Olympia, Wulfric, Lysandre] At the Elite 4, the only restriction is that it must defeat something against Dianthia and Wilkstrom.

Tl;dr:
Code:
- Must be a male Burmy
- Must participate against Viola's Surskit
- May never forget Protect
- Must learn Infestation upon evolution
- Must open battles with Infestation->Protect
- Must learn Toxic when obtained
- Must then open battles with Infestation->Toxic->Protect
- Must defeat one of Olympia's, Wulfric, Rival and Lysandre's pokemon, as well as one from Wilkstrom and Dianthia.
- Cannot learn Roost

Last edited:
Ultra-Mega-Hard-Make-Me-Suffer-And-Die-Scramble-GO!

Pokémon X is an easy game, we all know that. Make it hard for me. I will not use the EXP. SHARE in it ever. Ever. Make me cry, make me die, make me... fly. Or something. JUST MAKE IT HARD OK?

(I will try to write flavour.)

Just saying guys, I reserve the right to reject any challenges which I feel are too easy or just to ask "add a few more challenges" to said Pokémon. Oh, and one more thing: At least one X/Y mon. Let your imaginations run free with this one, and don't go easy on me. That's not the point. No excessive grinding, either.

Team:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
Take rhyhorn the hippopotas, rhyhorn thinks hes a rhyhorn and loves carrying people but all the extra weight means he cant have a held item, he must never stay in on grass, water or fighting types and must solo all ice types. He can only use moves rhyhorn can learn and must have at least one rock type move at all times ASAP. To evolve he must be given the protecter to hold, be evolved, then he must toss the protecter. Oh and he must always kill every geodude/graveler/golem he sees since they are rhyhorn biggest competitor. Have fun! Sorry if too easy

Celever

i am town
Take rhyhorn the hippopotas, rhyhorn thinks hes a rhyhorn and loves carrying people but all the extra weight means he cant have a held item, he must never stay in on grass, water or fighting types and must solo all ice types. He can only use moves rhyhorn can learn and must have at least one rock type move at all times ASAP. To evolve he must be given the protecter to hold, be evolved, then he must toss the protecter. Oh and he must always kill every geodude/graveler/golem he sees since they are rhyhorn biggest competitor. Have fun! Sorry if too easy
The challenge is good so far, just make it a little bit harder please. Like 2 more restrictions.

Accepted Infection though :)

quote="Celever, post: 5293174, member: 160100"]The challenge is good so far, just make it a little bit harder please. Like 2 more restrictions.

Accepted Infection though :)[/quote]

ok, to get over his fears he must solo korrina and siebold, he also gets to take out dianthas gourgeist

Celever Take Epic Flail the Carbink. Epic Flail must have the ability Sturdy. Its must know Flail, and it can only directly attack the foe with that one move (it can still attack foes with Toxic, Sandstorm, Hail, and Swagger). It must solo every pokemon whose STABs it resists (barring solos). If its HP is in the red, then it may not switch out of any non-ghost due to Flail getting MAXIMUM POWER!!!

Epic Flail may not use any HP recovering, Evasion raising, or Accuracy lowering moves, as those would interfere with it using Flail for maximum power (although the last two can be used if already at 1 HP, and the first one can be used if its HP is still in the green. It also may not use Hail if at 5/16 max HP or less, because then it would be KOed.

How to get Sturdy:
Use Sweet Scent until a 4 Roggenrola 1 Carbink horde appears, and then attack the Carbink with a steel-type move to check. If it has Sturdy, it will survive. Otherwise, it won't. If the Carbink survives, then catch it. After catching, though, you will need to grind it up a few levels to have it catch up.

I would suggest using the Exp. Share to help Carbink catch up to the rest of the team in level, or using previous-gen exp. gaining tactics.

im gonna assume a like means you accept but you don't have time to comment Celever?

edit: Celever said that yes i am accepted an to edit my post saying so, for Mulans sake i assume

Last edited:
Thanks bird crest for the challenge
then take Fangz the Ekans. Fangz thinks he/she is very cool, and show its fangs off to opponents. (So, whenever you send it out after Fangz has learned Bite, Fangz must use Bite). Fangz may never forget Bite, so it can keep showing enemies his/her AWESOME fangs. Fangz must solo Koga before it can evolve, because Fangz thinks Koga thinks he is more awesome than Fangz. After Fangz evolves, Fangz grows lasy, and must have a move set of: Rest, Body Slam, Bite, and Toxic as soon as possible. If you're wondering, all of those moves except Bite can be learned by ™, and Fangz should already know Bite. After evolution, Fangz may only use those 4 moves.

Could someone else please give me about three more pokemon for my challenge and make them pretty hard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)