Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

BetaBuck
Salacmash the Charmander is waiting for you in Prof. Sycamores lab!
Prove to be strong enough to evolve by melting at least 6 trainer owned Rock type Pokemon. Use only Fire typed attacks to do this.

Salacmash may evolve a second time once it defeats at least 6 trainer owned Pokemon that are eligible for Sky battles while holding and activating a Salac Berry. Salac Berries are not available before Route 21, make sure to always hold a SalacBerry after getting them.

After evolution it forgoes its Fire Stab for the new found proud flying abilities.
Teach Fly and three other Flying type moves asap, don´t learn or use any move of another type.
Defeat Malva within 6 turns while activating your Salac Berry to remove any restrictions.
A Devil was born, all hail Lord Charizard X!

Ok! Update number one is here!

I start up the game, Oak says things, blah blah blah...
Yes, I'm a guy. Are you blind?
I name myself "Hitmon" and I start the game.
I pick up my trainer card and my bag, etc.
A weird redhead is staring in the window to the lab. I talk to him, and I get kicked in the shins for my trouble.
Jerk.
So, this time I actually go into the lab. Elm says something about a loon named Mr. Pokemon, and he wants me to go talk to him. He even offers me a pokemon! Yay, finally!
I pick up a Chikorita, named ItsARandom.
I walk along the first route, fighting a bunch of pathetic Pidgeys.
I reach Cherrygrove City, and I weird old guy gives me a tour.
He gives me sweaty old shoes. Just kidding! And for some reason he upgrades my phone too. Random acts of kindness FTW!
Anyways, I go down the next route, steal-I mean, appropriating an apricot basket. Finally, I visit crazy Mr. Pokemon, who randomly gives me an egg. I also get Prof. Oak's phone number. Maybe I can borrow his Delorian some time.
Anyways, I make my way back home, but for some reason, shin-kicking boy attacks me. Jerk. Again.
Yeesh, Chikorita has a lot lower defense then I remember. I had to use a potion, actually.
After the battle, I appro-I mean, steal, his trainer card.
Muahahah!
I return to the lab, and a random police officer accuses me of stealing a pokemon. You'll never take me alive!
Just Kidding. Anyways, now I have to name the rival.
We don't really have any Showdown! representations, so I name him "Zarel." Now, time to start my quest, where I wanna be the very best,
Like no one ever was!
And all that stuff. Anyways, to Violet City!

EDIT: Also, BetaBuck, I can give you another scramblemon if you give me perms.

Last edited:
BetaBuck Thanks! You get Trollolol the Klefki.

This Klefki, as it's name implies, is a bit of a jerk. It always likes to annoy its foes, and even its allies! It must deny its foe of fleeing, using its items, and stopping it from doing things. It also loves to go and mess with its allies, and so it will try to steal your pokemon's thunder and take out the opponent itself!

tl;dr
-Must learn Fairy Lock, Thief, and Thunder Wave ASAP, and use at least one of them at the start of every battle.
-It must solo every fifth non-solo trainer. Important battles are exempt from this.

This sounds like its going to be very interesting...
Thanks, Hitmonleet!
And now it seems I only need one more Scramblemon.
My Party for my X Scramble Challenge

· Solos all Pokemon that are weak to fire
· Solos Calem/Serena’s starter
· When evolves into Frogadier, must take on restrictions of random party member, bar solos
· Cannot evolve into Greninja until Team Flare Hideout in Lysander Café
· When it evolves into Greninja, name it Sane

· Can’t evolve
· Must solo the evo lines of:
o Pikachu
o Jigglypuff
o Kanto starters
o Lucario
o Greninja
o Mewtwo

· Every other turn, use a status move
· When using a status move, flip a coin. If heads, use Parting Shot. If tails, I choose.
· To evolve, solo all gym trainers from a certain gym.

· To evolve into Charmeleon, Solo 6 trained Rock-type Pokemon only using Fire-attacks
· To evolve into Charizard, Solo 6 trainer owned Pokemon eligible for Sky battles while holding and activating a Salac Bery
· Must hold a Salac Berry ASAP
· As a Charizard, use only Flying type attacks.
· Must learn Fly and three other Flying-type attacks ASAP
· Defeat Malva within 6 turns while activating Salac Berry to remove all restrictions and be able to use Charizardite X

-Must learn Fairy Lock, Thief, and Thunder Wave ASAP, and use at least one of them at the start of every battle.
-It must solo every fifth non-solo trainer. Important battles are exempt from this.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is still active, but I'm interested in doing a HG scramble challenge. I used to do these all the time and they were fun. No trading, would prefer to have full evolutions. Also, I'll need to have at least one full time Pokemon by the first gym.

If anyone else needs more added to their team I will gladly do so as well.

Current Party:

Take Gentleman the Totodile.
Gentleman is of the highest echelon of scociety, and that comes with certain requirements. Gentleman must only have status and special moves ASAP. He must always be of a higher level then the rest of your team. He must also never faint. Finally, he must never use the same move twice in a battle.
If you ever fail to keep up any of these rules, you must immediately change its name to Thug. He can now only know physical moves. Also, your party now hates him and thus, he can now never battle unless he is the last remaining pokemon on the team.

Either way, he must solo Bruno.

Have fun!

StompIt must know Stomp at all times

· Whenever StompIt leads a battle or switches in, it must use Stomp

· StompIt hates the ice, despite his heritage. Whenever you battle an ice-type Pokemon, StompIt must switch in and land a Stomp on it.

· Whenever StompIt becomes confused or HP dips under 25%, it becomes panicked and can only use Stomp. You may not switch out or use items.

· StompIt must solo Pryce

Kid Flash must have the ability Speed Boost.

Kid Flash must have the moves Agility(if possible) and Double Team.

Solo Calire's Dragonair without Double Team or Agility to evolve.

Kid Flash must solo 2 E4 Pokemon.

Wisest thinks he is wiser than all other Flying types. He must solo all Flying-types. This includes soloing the entire Violet City Gym. After soloing Falkner, Wisest can evolve.

Once a Noctowl, Wisest can only use Flying-type or Psychic-type moves.
Oh, and Lance gives Flying-types a bad name. Solo him too.

Hey Dexington! Catch a Venonat and name it "Arctia", it must know Poison Powder until Arctia has made 49 Pokemon faint due to poison damage. If male, it must learn Gust and keep it. If female, it must learn Leech Life and keep it. When Arctia's HP gets to critical, it must use whatever move is on the top right moveslot (you're allowed to edit the moveslots).

Last edited:
Here you go, Dexington. Please tell me if this is too easy or hard.

Take StompIt the Stantler

· StompIt must know Stomp at all times

· StompIt hates the ice, despite his heritage. Whenever you battle an ice-type Pokemon, StompIt must switch in and land a Stomp on it.

· Whenever StompIt becomes confused or HP dips under 25%, it becomes panicked and can only use Stomp. You may not switch out or use items.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Dexington, you can take Kid Flash the Yanma.

Solo Pryce's Dewgong without Double Team or Agility to evolve.

Have Fun.

Dexington, you can take Kid Flash the Yanma.

Solo Pryce's Dewgong without Double Team or Agility to evolve.

Have Fun.
The guy above you also gave a condition of soloing Pryce, can you switch up that one?

Okay, I only need one more Scramblemon in my party...
BetaBuck, take RareHunter the Plusle.

RareHunter is a rare encounter on the route you find it on, and is therefore obsessed with tracking down rare mons. Rare starts with a move BP limit of 50, but this goes up 10 for each mon you catch that has a 10% or lower encounter rate. This does nor include hordes and the like. RareHunter must solo all of these mons. In addition, RareHunter has a joy of showing off his rare catches, and you must take five (or less) of these out of the box to solo Olympia together with Rare. These mons cannot be trainer before the fight, and if you do not have a single rare catch by Olympia, Rare gets depressed and quits.

After the Ultimate Weapon is activated, RareHunter hears about these "Legends" and wants one for himself. Solo Xerneas with Rare, and do not Master Ball it. Rare must then solo Zygarde post-game to prove the same point. Finally, once you have caught Zygarde and beaten the E4, RareHunter must lead the hunt for Moltres across the region and catch it to finish his collection.

To recap:
-Plusle named RareHunter.
-50 BP limit.
-Catch mons with 10% encounter rate or less to increase limit by 10. Use only Rare to catch.
-Solo Olympia with RareHunter and his catches.
-If no rare catches by then, Rare permanently leaves.
-Solo Xerneas and Zygarde w/o Master Ball.
-You must hunt for Moltres. RareHunter must be party leader, and must catch Moltres in Sea Spirit's Den.

Wow, this is a really thought out Scramblemon. Thanks, Phione

My Final Party for my X Scramble Challenge

· Solos all Pokemon that are weak to fire
· Solos Calem/Serena’s starter
· When evolves into Frogadier, must take on restrictions of random party member, bar solos
· Cannot evolve into Greninja until Team Flare Hideout in Lysander Café
· When it evolves into Greninja, name it Sane

· Can’t evolve
· Must solo the evo lines of:
o Pikachu
o Jigglypuff
o Kanto starters
o Lucario
o Greninja
o Mewtwo

· Every other turn, use a status move
· When using a status move, flip a coin. If heads, use Parting Shot. If tails, I choose.
· To evolve, solo all gym trainers from a certain gym.

· To evolve into Charmeleon, Solo 6 trained Rock-type Pokemon only using Fire-attacks
· To evolve into Charizard, Solo 6 trainer owned Pokemon eligible for Sky battles while holding and activating a Salac Bery
· Must hold a Salac Berry ASAP
· As a Charizard, use only Flying type attacks.
· Must learn Fly and three other Flying-type attacks ASAP
· Defeat Malva within 6 turns while activating Salac Berry to remove all restrictions and be able to use Charizardite X

-Plusle named RareHunter.
-50 BP limit.
-Catch mons with 10% encounter rate or less to increase limit by 10. Use only Rare to catch.
-Solo Olympia with RareHunter and his catches.
-If no rare catches by then, Rare permanently leaves.
-Solo Xerneas and Zygarde w/o Master Ball.
-You must hunt for Moltres. RareHunter must be party leader, and must catch Moltres in Sea Spirit's Den.

Thanks to everyone for the amazing Scramblemons, and I'll make sure to have fun with all of them!

Hey! I'm looking for a moderately difficult Challange for Heartgold, no trades. On the lookout for cool nicknames for my Pokemon. :)

EDIT:
Not sure if this is still active, but I'm interested in doing a HG scramble challenge. I used to do these all the time and they were fun. No trading, would prefer to have full evolutions. Also, I'll need to have at least one full time Pokemon by the first
gym.

Current Party:

Pending

Hey Dexington! Catch a Venonat and name it "Arctia", it must know Poison Powder until Arctia has made 49 Pokemon faint due to poison damage. If male, it must learn Gust and keep it. If female, it must learn Leech Life and keep it. When Arctia's HP gets to critical, it must use whatever move is on the top right moveslot (you're allowed to edit the moveslots).

Last edited:
Dexington take Wisest the Hoothoot.

Wisest thinks he is wiser than all other Flying types. He must solo all Flying-types. This includes soloing the entire Violet City Gym. After soloing Falkner, Wisest can evolve.

SMUdent Here's a mon for you...

Competitor the Nidoran. Male or female? That doesn't matter, as its gender only needs to match at least one of your team members'. Specimens with Poison Point can't be used, as this challenge is all about a Rivalry. You see, when Competitor gets caught, it immediately makes itself a rival of one of the Pokemon on your team that matches its gender. This carries with it a few rules:

1. Competitor and its rival should be the same level as often as possible.

2. If Competitor's rival stays in battle for three turns without finishing the battle, Competitor forces itself in and takes it from there. As for soloes, Competitor gives its rival 2.5 times the number of Pokemon on the opponent's team (in addition to the default three, which would give its rival 11 turns total to defeat any of Gym Leaders 4 through 8 before Competitor would come bursting in.)
2.5. If the above happens and Competitor succeeds, Competitor's rival must be deposited for 2 in-game hours (any rule changes that happen as a result of the solo happen regardless, though). If Competitor fails, though, it must stay at least 3 levels above its rival for the remainder of the run so it can remain sure that it can be better than its rival (this stacks, by the way). This scenario overrides rule 1, for reference.

3. Competitor cannot be in a higher evolutionary stage than its rival.
3.5. Also, Competitor may not evolve fully until rule 6 has been fulfilled.

4. The number of TMs that Competitor uses can never be higher than its rival's. Additionally, the only TMs Competitor will accept are those its rival can also learn from.

5. If possible without violating rule 4, Competitor must know a move that hits its rival super effectively.

6. Competitor must solo any Gym Leaders that share its type specialization with its rival's. Therefore, if its rival is dual-typed and there are Gyms for both of its types, Competitor must solo the leaders of those two Gyms. Its rival has the option of interrupting the solo after 3 turns multiplied by the number of Pokemon said Gym Leader has, with repercussions the same as in rule 2.5, but with the roles reversed.

Unrelated to the rivalry with its teammate, Competitor forms a rivalry with one of the Pokemon belonging to your rival. Specifically, his Magnemite, which Competitor must solo in every encounter.

Good luck! By the way, if you somehow end up having at least 4 Pokemon with the same gender when you catch Competitor, I'd suggest using this little website.

SMUdent take Two-Faced the Girafarig.

Girafarigs have two faces, but which one is in control?

• Two-Faced must learn at least one Psychic-type move and at least one Dark-type move ASAP, and must keep at least one move of each of those types in its moveslots.
  • Two-Faced may not use any moves that are not Psychic-type or Dark-type.
  • Once Two-Faced knows at least one move of both types, flip a coin whenever he enters battle. Heads means only Psychic-type moves can be used; tails means only Dark-type moves can be used.
  • Solo Will and Karen using their own types against them (Psychic for Will; Dark for Karen). You do not have to flip a coin for these fights; treat them as if the coin landed on heads for the Will fight and tails for the Karen fight. If this condition is too hard, it can be removed.

Hey! I'm looking for a moderately difficult Challange for Heartgold, no trades. On the lookout for cool nicknames for my Pokemon. :)

EDIT:

Ok, you can take Narcoleptic the Sentret. Narcoleptic is narcoleptic, which means that he can fall asleep at any time of day. He must learn Rest ASAP, and every 5 Pokemon, either don't use him or send him out and have him use Rest(i.e say you run into a pidgey, then a rattata, then pidgey, hoothoot, and bellsprout, he can't battle or has to rest.).
Ignore that restriction for Clair's two Dragonair, solo them.
No evolution restrictions.
Have Fun!

You can have Sweet Spot the Shellder. Sweet Spot must have the ability Skill Link. Sweet Spot likes showing off his skills, so you can only evolve him once he wins a badge in each of the 5 Pokeathlon events, since you'll need the points for a water stone anyway. As a Cloyster, he must know both Icicle Spear and Spike Cannon, and if it is super effective, may only use Icicle Spear.

Edit:

I'm not a big fan of grinding and soloing Lance with a Noctowl that can only use flying and psychic moves sounds awful. Can I get rid of soloing Lance, even though its also implied by having to solo all flying types?

Ok Dexington, here is your scramblemon!

Gentleman is of the highest echelon of scociety, and that comes with certain requirements. Gentleman must only have status and special moves ASAP. He must always be of a higher level then the rest of your team. He must also never faint. Finally, he must never use the same move twice in a battle.

If you ever fail to keep up any of these rules, you must immediately change its name to Thug. He can now only know physical moves. Also, your party now hates him and thus, he can now never battle unless he is the last remaining pokemon on the team.

Have fun!

Muahahaha!

Also, BetaBuck, if you want Trollolol to be harder, you can remove the "Important Battles are exempt" rule. I would reccomend you do, as otherwise it's too easy.

I'm not a big fan of grinding and soloing Lance with a Noctowl that can only use flying and psychic moves sounds awful. Can I get rid of soloing Lance, even though its also implied by having to solo all flying types?
I understand that the Lance solo is redundant. Maybe getting rid of the move restriction for Lance would help?

I understand that the Lance solo is redundant. Maybe getting rid of the move restriction for Lance would help?
Yeah I'll try that.

Just need one more to start my HG challenge guys

Not sure if this is still active, but I'm interested in doing a HG scramble challenge. I used to do these all the time and they were fun. No trading, would prefer to have full evolutions. Also, I'll need to have at least one full time Pokemon by the first gym.

Current Party:

Have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)