Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Alright, since you said you wanted me to give you another one, for an after-Roark mon, take Knave the Croagunk.

Knave is a bitter and misanthropic pokemon with an unfortunate case of kleptomania. Because of this, they refuse to help others or be helped by others. You cannot use items on Knave, and you can't switch Knave in or out unless one of your mons/Knave has fainted. While kleptomaniacs commonly steal physical objects, Knave instead has decided to plagiarize your other mons. When you obtain Knave, and every gym after that, generate a random number between 1 and 5. Until after the next gym, Knave takes all possible restrictions of the mon in your scramblelist in that spot (ignoring Knave). Also, you must give Knave Snatch ASAP and never forget it. You can evolve Knave whenever, HOWEVER, you can alternatively have them solo Iron Island first.
  • IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO THE SOLO, then Knave's harsh worldview slowly softens, and they resolve to become a better mon. Change Knave's name to Knight, and replace all previous restrictions with the following:
    • Knight aspires to not be overly cruel to their fellow mon. Knight may never use super-effective attacks.
    • Repenting for anyways stealing the gimmicks of your other mons, Knight may not learn any move that any of your mons currently know.
    • To make up for how little Knight had previously done to help her teammates, she has become somewhat overzealous in her desires to protect them. During any non-solo where Knight is not in the lead, generate a number between 1 and 6. On a 6, you must switch in Knight and solo that mon.
    • To distance themselves from their previous, villainous self, Knight refuses to stoop to cheap tricks. Knight cannot use Poison or Dark type moves.
    • Finally, as penance for being so willing to make others suffer, Knight refuses to ever be in the lead, and may only fight by being switched in.
  • IF YOU DO NOT DO THE SOLO, then Knave becomes fully sure of their hatred of others, and their bad habits only get worse. Knave now plagiarizes two different mons every gym, and they refuse held items.
I may have gone a tad bit overboard with restrictions for this, but I hope it's a mon you'll enjoy.

Alright, since you said you wanted me to give you another one, for an after-Roark mon, take Knave the Croagunk.

Knave is a bitter and misanthropic pokemon with an unfortunate case of kleptomania. Because of this, they refuse to help others or be helped by others. You cannot use items on Knave, and you can't switch Knave in or out unless one of your mons/Knave has fainted. While kleptomaniacs commonly steal physical objects, Knave instead has decided to plagiarize your other mons. When you obtain Knave, and every gym after that, generate a random number between 1 and 5. Until after the next gym, Knave takes all possible restrictions of the mon in your scramblelist in that spot (ignoring Knave). Also, you must give Knave Snatch ASAP and never forget it. You can evolve Knave whenever, HOWEVER, you can alternatively have them solo Iron Island first.
  • IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO THE SOLO, then Knave's harsh worldview slowly softens, and they resolve to become a better mon. Change Knave's name to Knight, and replace all previous restrictions with the following:
    • Knight aspires to not be overly cruel to their fellow mon. Knight may never use super-effective attacks.
    • Repenting for anyways stealing the gimmicks of your other mons, Knight may not learn any move that any of your mons currently know.
    • To make up for how little Knight had previously done to help her teammates, she has become somewhat overzealous in her desires to protect them. During any non-solo where Knight is not in the lead, generate a number between 1 and 6. On a 6, you must switch in Knight and solo that mon.
    • To distance themselves from their previous, villainous self, Knight refuses to stoop to cheap tricks. Knight cannot use Poison or Dark type moves.
    • Finally, as penance for being so willing to make others suffer, Knight refuses to ever be in the lead, and may only fight by being switched in.
  • IF YOU DO NOT DO THE SOLO, then Knave becomes fully sure of their hatred of others, and their bad habits only get worse. Knave now plagiarizes two different mons every gym, and they refuse held items.
I may have gone a tad bit overboard with restrictions for this, but I hope it's a mon you'll enjoy.
Thank you! But I have a questsion, how does the never switch Knave in or out restriction work in acordance to Wish's Humility Virtue? Still Knave will be great, parodying the other members of my team while she plagiarizes their gimmicks and having character development in iron island.

Thank you! But I have a questsion, how does the never switch Knave in or out restriction work in acordance to Wish's Humility Virtue? Still Knave will be great, parodying the other members of my team while she plagiarizes their gimmicks and having character development in iron island.
You can switch Knave out for Humility, but you can't switch them in without a faint.

Okay so I've typed another chapter of my scramble.
Wish stretched. "Yawn. Good morning everyone!"
"Good morning Wish."
"Morning Wish and Buguitar." Shiny said. "Hey we should get some breakfast."
"Ooo breakfast! What do we have?"
"Let's see in this vending machine there are apples, and chocolate bars." Shiny said, "I know that I'm having." Shiny inserted a single pokedollar into the machine and out came 2 chocolate bars. "So what do you guys want?"
"Shiny?! Chocolate bars aren't that good for you. Besides breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you don't have a good breakfast you won't have enough energy to go journeying latter Shiny?."
"Um... so what should we have then..."
"Apples are a good choice! Shiny? could I have an apple?"
"I'll take an apple too..."
"Okay, coming right up guys." Shiny inserted two poke dollars into the vending machine and out came two apples. Shiny gave the apples to Wish and Buguitar. After everyone ate, "Hey, so let's go back to route 202. Maybe this time we could get to the other side."
"That's a great idea shiny!"

The trio headed out to route 202. Suddenly a Bidoof attacked! "Okay Buguitar your up."
"Um... okay!" Buguitar gathered her anger and waited for the Bidoof to strike. Tackle... Tackle... Strike! Bidoof was in the yellow zone. Buguitar growled at the tackling Bidoof. She then gathered up her anger... tackle... tackle... Strike! The Bidoof fainted. Buguitar felt accomplished to have defeated the Bidoof on her own. She could feel herself leveling up and getting stronger.
"You leveled up Buguitar! We should probally heal seeing you lost over half your health." Shiny suggested.
"Agreed..." Buguitar panted. However on their way there they were ambushed by another Bidoof!
"Don't worry Buguitar I got this!" Wish switched in. Wish pounded, metronomed a light screen, pounded, singed then pounded. The Bidoof was defeated. Everyone headed to the pokemon center, healed, then went back to route 202.

"Okay Wish I think you should led this time." Said shiny.
"Okkie dokkie!" The trio walked along route 202. A wild shinx appeared. Wish metronomed a faint attack, wished, pounded, metronomed a guard swap, and finally pounded.
Shiny read a pointless trainer tips sign. It talked about something Shiny had been doing her whole journey, bait and switching and training pokemon for levels. Shiny saw another trainer ahead.
"Hi there! How are you doing today?'
Natalie:"I spy, with my little eye... A trainer! A battle please!"
"Sure we could battle you."
"Oh by-the-way-team-skull-rules-I-throw-pokeball-cause-Wish's-kindness-Virtue." Shiny said quickly. A pokeball bounced off the Bidoof. Bidoof tackled Wish, it was a critical hit. "Man what is it with trainer battles and crits? Anyway Wish, use wish."
"Okay! Got that Shiny!" Wish began chanting something. Bidoof tackled Wish. Wish pounded the Bidoof. Bidoof tackled Wish. Wish's wish came true and healed him. The Bidoof picked up on Wish's kind aura and fell in love. Wish sang to the Bidoof. "Take a mel..." however he was interrupted by a tackle.
"Hey... Um... Could you not tackle Wish while he's singing?"
Bidoof:"Nope!"
"It's okay Buguitar, I've got this." Wish pounded the Bidoof. Wish then began to chant something. Bidoof tackled Wish. Wish pounded Bidoof. Bidoof fell over and fainted. Wish's wish came true and healed him. "Hey Buguitar we should switch after defeating every pokemon. Humility is a Virtue after all. It is only fair if everyone shares the spotlight."
"Um... Okay errm thanks." Buguitar stepped forward. Buguitar began to gather her anger. Tackle... Tackle... Strike! In a burst of anger Buguitar let out on the Bidoof. The Bidoof went into the red zone. Buguitar growled at the Bidoof. She started gathering her anger. Tackle... Tackle... Strike! The Bidoof fell over and fainted. Buguitar could feel the power running through her. She grew to level 8.
Natalie:"Oh boo, I can't win. My pokemon are all tuckered out. I need to go to a pokemon center."
"Good job you two. We won our second trainer battle. We should get to the next city in no time!" Said Shiny.
"Yeah! A city sounds exciting!"
"Um... yes. Very exciting."

"Okay so let's go." Said Shiny. With Wish at the front the trio went through another patch of tall grass. A Kricketot ambushed them.
Kricketot:"Oh so chalkboard got a trainer. How nice."
"Wait, who?"
Kricketot:"You know that yellow runt."
"Go... away..."
Kricketot:"What's da matter? Glameow stole your tongue chalkboard?"
"Hey stop picking on Buguitar!"
Kricketot:"Little chalkboard? I don't think so."
Shiny shoved the Kricketot. "Hey listen stop picking on Buguitar. Buguitar has been training with me and is now 5 levels higher than you. If it weren't for the fact the the only damaging move the two of you know is bide I would have sent her out here to tear you to pieces already."
Kricketot:"So da trainer going to fight me now hey? I can take you on big guy."
Wish pounded the Kricketot full force. "You need to be kinder to others! Buguitar is trying to improve. I can really tell that. She doesn't need pokemon like you to constantly bring her down!"
Kricketot:"You don't know chalkboard's life as well as I do." She used bide.
"Maybe I haven't known Buguitar as long as you have, but I know no pokemon wants to be insulted like that." Buguitar looked in awe of what Wish was doing.
"Wish I know you want to go all out and fight this Kricketot but you should probably use sing now." said Shiny.
"Okay." "Take a melody, kind as can be..." However Kricketot ignored Wish's voice. Kricketot let the damage she was storing out. Wish took 14 out of 24 damage. Wish began chanting something. Wish used pound. Kricketot started storing energy. Wish sang again, "Give it some words and a nice harmony..."
Kricketot:"Wha..." She fell asleep. Wish pounded the Kricketot into fainting.
Wish was breathing heavily. He felt power from defeating that Kricketot and grew to level 8. After a while Wish asked. "Buguitar are you okay? What was that all about."
"Don't... want... too..."
"It's okay Buguitar. Once we leave route 202 you won't have to see that mean Kricketot again." Shiny said. Buguitar walked towards her pokeball. She went inside. "Okay want to gather your self. I understand. Come Wish let's go."
"Is Buguitar okay?"
"I'm not sure. I guess that Kricketot bullied Buguitar or something." Shiny answered
"Bully? That is horrible. I wish I could help Buguitar with what she has experienced."
"You probably will sometime during this journey, I just don't know when. Let's try some walking."
"Alright then. I just hope Buguitar is okay." The duo talked into more of route 202. There was another trainer.

Logan:"Let's have a pokemon battle! Huph! But I'm going to win."
Shiny threw a pokeball to waste a turn and promote team skull. The Shinx tackled Wish and landed a critical hit. "Man, why is it every time I do a trainer battle the other trainer gets a crit!" Wish pounded Shinx. Wish then used Wish. The Shinx leered Wish and his defense fell. Wish used pound. Shinx with a sliver of health left used leer. Wish's wish came true and healed him to full health. Shinx leered Wish. Wish wiggled his stub and sent two kicks at the Shinx. In fact a double kick.
Logan:"You're like wow!"

"Okay that's another trainer out of the way. Hey Wish, I think the next town is up a head. Just this one last patch of grass and we should be there." said Shiny.
"Yay! Let's go!"
The duo took one step into the grass and a normal Bidoof appeared. Wish pounded the Bidoof while taking a tackle. Wish metronomed fake out while taking another tackle. Bidoof fell in love with Wish. Wish pounded the Bidoof and she fainted. They walked forward. Shiny read a sign, 'To Jubilife city.' "We are almost there." said Shiny.
"Yay! I wonder that is in there?"
There was a split road. Upwards was the city, but to the left there was a small patch of grass with a pokeball laying at the end. "Item..." Shiny started walking towards it.
"Wait Shiny? you need chastity! Try to abstain from your desires. Besides we could run into a wild pokemon." Shiny wasn't listening.
Shiny walked forward and picked up a potion. "But Wish I just found a potion! This will be useful for the 1st gym. But what if I need it later?" Shiny said, "Anyway's to Jubilife city!" Shiny turned around to a normal Bidoof.
"I told you we could have ran into a wild pokemon. But don't worry, I'll take care of this!" Wish pounded the Bidoof and was tackled back. "Take a melody..." the Bidoof fell asleep. Wish pounded the Bidoof. Wish then wiggled his stub and metronomed a discharge. The Bidoof fainted. Wish could feel power surge through him as he grew to level 9.

With that Bidoof out of the way the duo walked out of the patch of grass, and into Jubilife city.
Lucas: "Hey Shiny! How many pokemon have you caught?"
"Hi Lucas!"
Shiny:"4 shiny Bidoof, a shiny Starly and Shinx, and a shiny Kricketot. In fact I think you should meet her." Shiny let Buguitar out of the pokeball.
"Wha... Oh!" Buguitar quickly rubbed her eyes.
Lucas:"Only 7? Well I think you should catch some more."
Shiny:"Well I would if there were more than Shinxs, Starlys, Bidoofs and Kricketots on the only places I've been."
Lucas:"It might be more of a challenge to raising a lot of pokemon... but it's worth it. The more pokemon you have, the happier you'll be."
"Yeah! Having a lot of friends do make you happier."
Shiny:"Well it's only really a challenge if you raise more than 6, or self impose a challenge like raising a bunch of pokemon that are nitpicky about stuff and must follow certain rules at all times, oh wait..."
Lucas:"In jubilife city, there's the trainer's school. Check it out Shiny."
Shiny:"I don't really think I will. I already know the basics of pokemon. And the advances of pokemon."
"But it's always good to learn something new."
Shiny:"But heading to the trainer's school sounds so boring."
"Maybe we could... maybe... hide all the pencils? No that's a dumb prank."
Shiny:"Prank the school? That sounds like a great idea!"
"Shiny we shouldn't prank others!"
Shiny:"But hiding all the pencils will be harmless. Especially if they are still in the school."
Lucas:"You should really check it out. Barry went to the trainer's school earlier."
Shiny:"Oh yeah the parcel! I almost forgot about it. Great now I want to peak inside of it."
"Shiny don't! Besides we are almost there."
Lucas:"Anyways, see you around! Work hard on your pokedex!"
Shiny:"Okay, bye."
"Goodbye Lucas!"

And with that the trio were left to explore the town of their own. "So we should probably hit the pokemon center first. Hey look a convenient sign!" Said Shiny who checked the sign. "Okay so it should be to the first right." The trio walked to the pokemon center.
"That feels better." Buguitar was fully healed.
"So Shiny what should we do first? Check out the trainer school?"
"Nah, I was thinking wandering around aimlessly and hoping something happens." Shiny answered. With that the trio began to walk around aimlessly in Jubilife city. Shiny started talking to everyone she came across, however all they said were basic tips she already knew. "Man why is there nothing interesting in this town."
"There is the trainer's school. Lucas did tell us that he saw Barry there, so maybe we should check to see if he is there."
"Fine..." said Shiny. She then perked up. "It's prank time."

The trio walked in the trainer's school. Shiny relized something, there were no desks. Great where were all the pencils to hide?
'Hi everyone!" Various students looked at the trainer who just walked in and her two pokemon.
"Whoa what is that pink star?"
"That Kricketot looks weird."
"Aw, the pink one is so cue."
"Is that a shiny?"
"Why yes, yes Buguitar is." answered Shiny. Buguitar felt nervous at all of the people looking at her.
"Hi there! What are you doing?"
"I wrote an essay in my notebook on what makes a true pokemon trainer." Said the kid.
"Ooo can I see?"
"Sure." The kid handed Wish his notebook.
"Thanks." Wish squinted at the text unsure of what it said.
Shiny stepped onto a square blue mat with a yellow rectangle in it.
Christine:"I just became friends with my pokemon. I'm not sure if we can do this properly, but may we battle."
Shiny:"Sure! Bring it on. Your up Buguitar."
"Um okay." Buguitar walked in front of Shiny.
Christine:"I need to try the things I learned before I forget them!"
Shiny threw a pokeball to waste a turn.
"Grrororlwworlw!" The foe Abra used hidden power. In one turn Buguitar went from 24 health to 15 health, and now she was at 7, she wasn't going to survive long enough to use bide.
"Wish could you battle this Abra?" Shiny asked.
"Sure thing! Here's you book back." Wish gave the kid back his notebook and switched in with Buguitar. Wish took a hidden power. He pounded at Abra while taking another hidden power. Abra used hidden power while Wish chanted something. Abra hidden powered Wish. Wish pounded the Arba back that caused them to faint. Wish was panting from the damage he had taken.
Christine:"I like to study a lot. I thought I could win. Do you think we would have done better if I used potions."
Shiny:"I guess but it seems like a waste when the pokemon center is nearby." Shiny picked up Wish and Buguitar. "And I'm getting the two of you healed."
"Yay..."
"That, pant, pant, sounds nice."
Shiny took Buguitar and Wish to be healed. The trio then headed back to where they just were.
Harrison:"Doing it is the best way to learn! Can we battle with you?
Shiny:"Sure I don't see wynuat."
Harrison:"That pun was rather lame. Anyway go! My pokemon, Go!"
Shiny:"Buguitar your up again!"
"Great... a repeat of what happened last time..." Shiny wasted a turn. Abra used, you guessed it, hidden power. Buguitar growled while taking a hidden power.
Shiny:"Okay Wish, your up."
"Okay!" Wish took a hidden power. He used pound. He wiggled his stub and metronomed a Sucker punch, but it failed. Wish pounded again and defeated the Abra with hardly any health remaining.
Harrison:"Oh snap, that's how it is then. Whew! You're really good!" Wish was about to faint and Buguitar was on what a Kricketot would consider a knee. "We've been studying every day, but we were no match at all! You'd be able to use this Technical machine properly. Here you go!" Shiny was handed TM10. Harrison went on about TM stuff everyone knows.
"Thanks, and if you excuse me, I need to run to the pokemon center!" Shiny quickly got Buguitar and Wish healed then came back.

"Isn't that Barry over there? Hi Barry!"
Barry:"Hey Shiny! Did you come here to study, too?"
Shiny:"Nah, I was just looking for something interesting to do. Everyone kept mentioning this place so I came here."
Barry:"I went ahead and memorized everything that was up on the chalkboard."
Buguitar flinched. She tried hiding in the bookcase behind Shiny.
Barry:"After all, it's the trainer's job to avoid having their precious pokemon hurt in battle."
Shiny:"It is also the trainer's job to care for their pokemon can did you have to say that word."
Barry:"What word?"
Shiny:"That one."
Wish walked over to Buguitar. "Don't worry Buguitar, it will be okay. Barry didn't mean it" Buguitar peaked out from the bookcase.
Barry:"Oh wow that Kricketot looks like what they were talking about with the red Gyarados on TV? How did you find a pokemon like that?"
Shiny:"Wish and bending time to my will a little bit."
Barry:"So, Shiny what brings you?"
"Shiny give him the parcel."
Shiny:"Oh yeah, that was right. Barry your mom told me to give this to you.'
Barry:"Huh? You've got something for me? What's what is this? Score! It's a town map! Huh!? Why are there two in here?"
Shiny:"Maybe because your mom thought you would drop one?"
Barry:"I like it alot, but I don't think I'll lose it or need two. Here, Shiny, you take one!'
"Thanks Barry."
Shiny"Um... okay. I could just use the internet."
Barry"Hmm... Well according to the town map, I guess Oreburgh city is where I should be going next."
Shiny:"Well obviously. It's where the first gym is."
Barry:"Yep. It'd be perfect for raising the pokemon I just caught. Well I'm on the road to becoming the greatest trainer of all time!"
Shiny:"Well I guess I'll be trying to win all of the gyms, and promote them in the progress. Did you know Alola replaced gyms with trials? The trial leaders make you do crazy stuff such as watch dancing or make you make them some lunch. To top it off they cheat and do a 2 on 1 battle with you, and they get free turns to use X items."
Barry:"Yes, I know you support team skull Shiny. Anyway, see you around!"

Shiny turned to Buguitar. "It's okay, you can come out now. Barry is gone."
"Real really..."Buguitar slowly emerged from the book case.
"Yep. He's not here to call you names any more." Shiny said.
"Buguitar are you okay? Whenever someone says, that word, you keep becoming not okay."
"I'm not it okay. I, I don't want to talk about it..." Buguitar turned away.
"Buguitar how will the problem ever get better if you don't tell anyone about it."
Buguitar sunk. Pressure started getting to her. She began glowing red.
"Whoa Buguitar you don't have to use bide right now." Said Shiny.
"Raahhhhh!" Buguitar yelled and flailed her stubs. She looked around, and was embarrassed.
"Okay Buguitar maybe now isn't the best time to talk. But I will help you move past all that bullying that horrible Kricketot must have done to you." Buguitar blushed. The room stayed awkwardly silent for a while.

Shiny's stomach growled. "Hey maybe we could get some lunch."
"Sure."
"I am getting a little hungry. Where will we eat.
"Let's look around." The trio strolled around town. They came to the pokemon center and had some vending machine food.
"Don't worry Buguitar, I will help you."
Wish the Cleffa - level 9
Pound
Sing
Wish
Metronome
28, 11, 12, 12, 16, 9
Virtues: Kindness, Humility, Temperance
Too easy and too hard options
Wish is still my MVP. He has constant access to a healing and damaging move which is good. He has pretty much been carrying my team.

Buguitar the Kricketot - level 8
Growl
Bide
24, 9, 13, 9, 11, 9
Buguitar is still suffering from having bide as her only damaging move. She has relied on Wish a lot as she can barley survive a battle, much less two. She is 9 exp away from level 9, and 10 is where she first gets constant access to a damaging move. I hope this improves her performance.

After accountlessly lurking on this thread for the better part of 3 months, I think it's time for me to request a scramble challenge from ya'll!

Game: Heart Gold (For the follow pokemans)
Trading: No
Difficulty: Medium
Other:
- I have access to my living dex on Pearl, so I can use any 'Mon you throw at me right from the get go. I'll just make an egg or something of them, and add them to my team when you dictate they join my party. This means they'll join the group at level 1, if that means anything.
- I want a Manaphy on my team. (A friend traded me the egg the other day. I'm pretty psyched.)
- I like me some backstory on my Mon's, so if you feel like putting one together, be my guest!
- I'll pass on any bug types. I hate those things.
------------------------------
Thank you all very much!

Last edited:
Just_Joshing231 for a more simple challenge, take Pythia the Natu.

Pythia, gifted with the power of foresight, has seen your future victories against petty criminals and young adolescents, and has decided to join your team to ensure that they come to pass.

If you get no starter pokemon, take Pythia immediately. If you do get a starter, then you recieve Pythia after Falkner. Furthermore, as a necessary prerequisite, you must breed Pythia with Future Sight.

Pythia is very skittish and nervous, not having any faith in themselves and needing their predictions to believe they can suceed. Pythia may not use any move other than Future Sight unless Future Sight is up. They must immediately use Future Sight if it is not up. They also happen to be fairly fearful and cowardly, fleeing at the first sign of trouble. Excluding solos, whenever Pythia's HP drops below 50%, they must switch out.

Furthermore, every once in a while, Pythia recieved prophetic visions of bad omens. Whenever you enter a town, roll 1d4. On a 4, Pythia recieves an omen, and you may not stop at any shops, but instead must continue on with the main story until the next town.

However, part of why Pythia joined your party is to overcome their nervousness and reliance upon prophecy for confidence, and to be a mon of importance. To evolve into Xatu, Pythia must solo one Gym Leader (not Chuck) and one Rocket Admin. Upon doing so, the switch requirement drops only to red health. Alternatively, if Pythia solos two Gym Leaders and Rocket Admins, then they only have to use Future Sight the first turn they are out. Upon evolving, Pythia continues to try to keep themselves going through dangerous situations, so as to improve. Upon evolving, chose one type Pythia is weak to. Outside of other solos, Pythia must solo all pokemon of that type. Finally, no matter what, to achieve their ultimate goal of ensuring your victory, Pythia must solo Will, Karen, or Lance.

Too hard? Drop the E4 solo.
Too easy? An omen also bans you from using the town's Pokémon Center.

Enjoy!

Just_Joshing231 for a more simple challenge, take Pythia the Natu.

Pythia, gifted with the power of foresight, has seen your future victories against petty criminals and young adolescents, and has decided to join your team to ensure that they come to pass.

If you get no starter pokemon, take Pythia immediately. If you do get a starter, then you recieve Pythia after Falkner. Furthermore, as a necessary prerequisite, you must breed Pythia with Future Sight.

Pythia is very skittish and nervous, not having any faith in themselves and needing their predictions to believe they can suceed. Pythia may not use any move other than Future Sight unless Future Sight is up. They must immediately use Future Sight if it is not up. They also happen to be fairly fearful and cowardly, fleeing at the first sign of trouble. Excluding solos, whenever Pythia's HP drops below 50%, they must switch out.

Furthermore, every once in a while, Pythia recieved prophetic visions of bad omens. Whenever you enter a town, roll 1d4. On a 4, Pythia recieves an omen, and you may not stop at any shops, but instead must continue on with the main story until the next town.

However, part of why Pythia joined your party is to overcome their nervousness and reliance upon prophecy for confidence, and to be a mon of importance. To evolve into Xatu, Pythia must solo one Gym Leader (not Chuck) and one Rocket Admin. Upon doing so, the switch requirement drops only to red health. Alternatively, if Pythia solos two Gym Leaders and Rocket Admins, then they only have to use Future Sight the first turn they are out. Upon evolving, Pythia continues to try to keep themselves going through dangerous situations, so as to improve. Upon evolving, chose one type Pythia is weak to. Outside of other solos, Pythia must solo all pokemon of that type. Finally, no matter what, to achieve their ultimate goal of ensuring your victory, Pythia must solo Will, Karen, or Lance.

Too hard? Drop the E4 solo.
Too easy? An omen also bans you from using the town's Pokémon Center.

Enjoy!
I accept Pythia, so thank you very much! Methinks they'll be my starter for this run.

@Just_Joshing231 Take Green(wing) the Delibird
Green has heard all about plant life. It has always been interested in them. However Green has never seen any plant life in the tundras where Delibird live. Because of this they think that plants are dying out they must do something to stop it! Green must let their green thumb, err wing shine! Send a Delibird egg to your game as soon as you can. Because Green is trying to protect plant life Green may never attack a grass type. Green must bring others to their cause. Use Attract on any pokemon Green faces of the opposite gender(Attract TM obtained after beating Whitey). Green must harness the power of plant life. Green must always hold a berry that they can use. However Green freaks out when they realize that their berry is gone. At any point where Green is not holding a berry she can not attack. Green wants to give to all plant life so Green can not forget present. Green has spotted a few plant hazards in the elite 4. Green must solo Koga's Muk for being a living pile of plant poison, Karen's Houndoom because their fire type attacks could set plants on fire and Lance's Charizard as their tail is a living fire hazard. If Pythia solos Karen or Lance, due to their anger of not being able to stop the plant hazards them self, Green must solo the entirety of the other's team.

If you decide to do the post game Green has heard of an even better way of giving to all plant life. In Celadon city Green has heard of a legendary move called recycle. Green wants to promote recycling so replace present with recycle as soon as you can. Recycle is the only move you can use if Green does not have a berry.

Hope you enjoy!

Green has heard all about plant life. It has always been interested in them. However Green has never seen any plant life in the tundras where Delibird live. Because of this they think that plants are dying out they must do something to stop it! Green must let their green thumb, err wing shine! Send a Delibird egg to your game as soon as you can. Because Green is trying to protect plant life Green may never attack a grass type. Green must bring others to their cause. Use Attract on any pokemon Green faces of the opposite gender(Attract TM obtained after beating Whitey). Green must harness the power of plant life. Green must always hold a berry that they can use. However Green freaks out when they realize that their berry is gone. At any point where Green is not holding a berry she can not attack. Green wants to give to all plant life so Green can not forget present. Green has spotted a few plant hazards in the elite 4. Green must solo Koga's Muk for being a living pile of plant poison, Karen's Houndoom because their fire type attacks could set plants on fire and Lance's Charizard as their tail is a living fire hazard. If Pythia solos Karen or Lance, due to their anger of not being able to stop the plant hazards them self, Green must solo the entirety of the other's team.

If you decide to do the post game Green has heard of an even better way of giving to all plant life. In Celadon city Green has heard of a legendary move called recycle. Green wants to promote recycling so replace present with recycle as soon as you can. Recycle is the only move you can use if Green does not have a berry.

Hope you enjoy!
Cool! Thanks a bunch. I'll add Green to my party after the Whitney gym! Just one more Mon, and I'll begin. The other three, I'll add to the team at later points in the run.

Hope you enjoy!
Cool! Thanks a bunch. I'll add Green to my party after the Whitney gym! Just one more Mon, and I'll begin. The other three, I'll add to the team at later points in the run.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Just_Joshing231: You're aware that eggs laid by Manaphy hatch into Phione, which do not evolve into Manaphy, right? Just putting that out there before you face the inevitable disappointment from being stuck with one.

If you're still interested in using a Phione, I'll see if I can't work out a cute challenge for you. ;)

My current Ultra Moon playthrough is getting a bit boring, so I think I'll restart it as a Scramble.

Version: Ultra Moon
Difficulty: Easy
Trading: Yes
Other: I would like a starter as one of the Scramblemons. Legendaries are OK to use as Scramblemons, as long as they can be caught in Ultra Moon before the Elite Four. Be creative!

Scramblemons:
Tri the Popplio (ACottontail)
Unloved the Zubat (SwampySwampert)
Fury the Mankey (Hitmonleet) (Alecto restriction)
Choice the Zorua (Level 51)

Last edited:
PSDuckie Take Tri the Popplio
Tri has a love for the number three. He was the third liked pokemon in the starter trio when SM came out, his name is even 3 letters long. You must switch Tri out after 3 turns of him being out, not before or after. Tri also believes in the power of consumable items. Tri may evolve into Brionne after using up held items 3 times. He may evolve into Primaria after using up held items 6 times. Tri even learns moves that have to do with the level three. Tri must learn every third move he can via level up or any moves he can learn via level up if he has a 3 in his level. Finally Tri loves the number 3 so much it even affects his levels. Starting once you have 3 of your scramblemons Tri must either be the third highest or third lowest leveled pokemon in your party. He may not attack otherwise, unless his current level has a 3 in it. Finally to show his ultimate love for the number three Tri must solo Nanu the third trial on the third island that is also the third grand trial. His switching restriction does not apply to the solo.

Is it to hard? Drop the level restriction.
Is it to easy? On the third turn Tri is out you must use the third move in his move set.
Is it still to easy? Tri may only know three moves at any given time. Pretend his 4th move slot doesn't exist.

PSDuckie I've made this challenge before, but it's still applicable here: Take Unloved the Zubat.

Unloved has seen the memes. He knows how hated his species is for being so annoyingly common, so he vowed never to make friends with a Trainer.

Rules:

- Frustration must be in Unloved's moveset permanently. You may never teach Unloved Return.

- Once you reach Konikoni City, you may only use the Bitter Herbs to heal Unloved outside of a Pokemon Center. The free heals you'll get periodically from NPCs are fine, though.

- Any method to intentionally increase Unloved's Friendship is forbidden. This includes massages, berries, Festival Plaza food stalls, vitamins (including Rare Candy), wings, X Items, or the Isle Avue hot springs.

- To evolve into Golbat, OHKO a Pokemon within four levels of it using Frustration. Obviously, you are never allowed to evolve it into a Crobat.

Too easy? You must OHKO something within two levels using Frustration to evolve.

Way too easy? Solo Acerola's trial as well.

Too hard? OHKO something within seven levels with Frustration to evolve.

PSDuckie how about Fury the Mankey? Yeah, lame joke is lame.

Fury is an exceedingly vengeful mankey, always after someone for some reason or another. Sadly, Revenge is egg move only for Mankey, so they simply have to take recompensation in other forms. The most obvious way, of course, is that Fury must switch in and solo any mon that faints one of yours, outside of other solos. Also, Fury, as guessable by the name, is very angry. Fury must always have at least two physical attack moves. Furthermore, Fury is just plain angry at others and the world, and exhibits negative outlets of this, well, fury. When you catch Fury, choose at least one of the following extra restrictions:

• Alecto: Fury is simply completely furious all of the time. Fury can only use physical attacking moves, and must solo the first Plumeria and Guzma battles to evolve.
  • Megaera: Fury develops intense envy of the rest of the party and their unique challenges. Fury takes on two random restrictions from the rest of the party (through dice rolling or some other method of your choosing), as well as a random non-solo evolution restriction.
  • Tisiphone: Fury takes the "revenge for teammates" thing way too far. Extend the vengeance solo to the entire enemy team. Before evolving, Fury must solo a Totem pokemon or Grand Trial in this way.
Too easy? Solo the E4 battle against either Acerola or Kahili.

Too hard? You aren't forced to take a bonus challenge.

Thought you might want a somewhat simple pick-and-choose challenge, but I can make it more difficult and complex if necessary.

PSDuckie how about Fury the Mankey? Yeah, lame joke is lame.

Fury is an exceedingly vengeful mankey, always after someone for some reason or another. Sadly, Revenge is egg move only for Mankey, so they simply have to take recompensation in other forms. The most obvious way, of course, is that Fury must switch in and solo any mon that faints one of yours, outside of other solos. Also, Fury, as guessable by the name, is very angry. Fury must always have at least two physical attack moves. Furthermore, Fury is just plain angry at others and the world, and exhibits negative outlets of this, well, fury. When you catch Fury, choose at least one of the following extra restrictions:

• Alecto: Fury is simply completely furious all of the time. Fury can only use physical attacking moves, and must solo the first Plumeria and Guzma battles to evolve.
  • Megaera: Fury develops intense envy of the rest of the party and their unique challenges. Fury takes on two random restrictions from the rest of the party (through dice rolling or some other method of your choosing), as well as a random non-solo evolution restriction.
  • Tisiphone: Fury takes the "revenge for teammates" thing way too far. Extend the vengeance solo to the entire enemy team. Before evolving, Fury must solo a Totem pokemon or Grand Trial in this way.
Too easy? Solo the E4 battle against either Acerola or Kahili.

Too hard? You aren't forced to take a bonus challenge.

Thought you might want a somewhat simple pick-and-choose challenge, but I can make it more difficult and complex if necessary.
I should be able to get a Mankey with Revenge, if that will fit the spirit of the challenge. Should I do that?

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
PSDuckie, take Choice the Zorua. Choice thinks it has a lot of choice... but, of course, since it's a Zorua, that's just the Illusion of Choice. /pun

Before opening either of the following hide boxes, choose exactly one of them for your restriction. No cheating!
Choice likes to have a wide supply of moves at its disposal! Each time it can learn a move by level-up, it must learn that move, and the move that is replaced must be the oldest move in its moveset. TMs work similarly; they replace the oldest move and are similarly replaced once they become the oldest, though actually learning them is optional. You may only use each TM once!

Choice likes to exercise its options, too! In battle, you may never use the same move twice in a row; using any item from the bag counts as a move (e.g. using a Hyper Potion followed by a Cheri Berry is illegal). Choice must solo any trial, as long as the Totem Pokemon is Togedemaru.
Choice likes to exercise its options in battle! In battle, you may never use the same move twice in a row; using any item from the bag counts as a move (e.g. using a Full Heal followed by a Great Ball is illegal).

Additionally, Choice likes to have a wide supply of moves at its disposal! Each time it can learn a move by level-up, it must learn that move, and the move that is replaced must be the oldest move in its moveset. TMs work similarly; they replace the oldest move and are similarly replaced once they become the oldest, though actually learning them is optional. You may only use each TM once!

Choice must solo any trial, as long as the Totem Pokemon is Togedemaru.

Good luck, and let me know if you need more choice :)

Last edited:
Both accepted. Fury will have Revenge and use the Alecto restriction. Choice will be using choice B.

EDIT: Oh wait, they're just the same thing, differently worded! I see what you did there!

Last edited:
So I wrote chapter 4 of my scramble.
"Ah that was a nice lunch, so what should we do in this town now?" Shiny asked.
Just then a man walked up to the trio.
Man:"Oh, oh, oh? You call yourself a pokemon trainer? And yet you have no poketch?"
Shiny:"Yes. Why does a trainer need a super fancy watch to train pokemon."
Man:"That is, pokemon... wait how did you already know this, err I mean of course every one knows of this."
Shiny:"I learned it from some online forums. The thread was created 4 months ago but it still only has one page."
Man:"Oh my, you are a rare case indeed!"
"Um... I... don't remember anyone ever wearing any watches."
Shiny:"Besides isn't the poketch just a Sinnoh thing?"
Man:"You see, I invented, and now manufacture, poketches."
Shiny:"Oh this is an advertising thing, makes sense."
Man:"Not only that, I'm now conducting the poketch promotional campaign! All you have to do is find three clowns in Jubilife city."
Shiny:"Oh no. Not the clowns. Do you know how bad things get in fictional stories about them?"
"Shiny? you shouldn't judge someone based on a fictional story you read, what was the story anyway?"
Shiny:"Attack of the super very most scary most clowns. It was about some clowns, with Hypnos."
"Are you sure that wasn't just a horror story?"
Shiny:"But these days every one honors books so they must be true. I read that in a book once,"
Man:"If you can find them... I will gift you with a poketch."
"A gift for winning a game of hide and seek? That sounds fun! Come on Shiny? let's do this!"
Shiny:"Alright. I do like free stuff."
Man:"Each of the clowns will ask you something about pokemon, get it right and they will give you a coupon, get 3 and tell me to get the poketch. Good luck! Have fun!"

The trio began searching. "So where do you think a clown..." just after 3 steps they spotted a clown. "Um... so that is a clown... Hey Wish why don't you talk to them?"
"Okay!" Wish walked over to the clown. "Hello!"
Clown:"Hi! I'm a poketch campaign clown! Let's roll out my question! Does a pokemon grow by defeating others and gaining exp. points?"
Shiny from a distance asked, "Does he mean experience points or execution points?"
Wish noticed Shiny staying a distance away. "Come on Shiny?! Just come up to the clown." Wish held Shiny's hand and tried walking over to the clown. Shiny hesitantly followed.
Shiny:"Yes?"
Clown:"Ding-Ding! You're AbsolUtely correct! Pokemon grow stronger by defeating other pokemon in battle. Some pokemon grow into an entirely different form in a process known as evolution. Here you go! Your poketch coupon!"
Buguitar thought of how much evolution could change her. She could become something like a fish, or something completely tone deaf. She started shaking in her spot.
"Buguitar are you okay?"
"Don't worry, I'm fine."

And with that the trio wandered around Jubilife city some more. Shiny thought she spotted some tall grass to the right of Jubilife city. Shiny could swear she saw something. "Hey I think I see something over there." Shiny walked forward.
A man came up to her and said"By, the way, have you participated in the poketch campaign? Not yet, right? You really must try!"
"I've heard about it and gotten one coupon." Shiny said. "But I want to see what's on the route over there a little bit first."
The man took Shiny and forced her back into Jubilife city.
"Hey that isn't very nice. You can't just do that to others."
Shiny was furious. She started aggressively dancing at the man. "Did you just mess with me. You have evoked the wrath of team skull! I am going to tell all of team skull about this on their forums and you will rule the day you forced a trainer to get a poketch the next time you set foot in Alola!" The man did not respond. "Come Wish and Buguitar, I bet he's just a part of the poketch marketing campaign. Let's just leave Jubilife city then."
"Yeah!"
"Okay. I don't want either of you to get hurt from this capaign."

The trio walked onto route 204. They came across a Budew. "Okay Wish you're up."
"Okay!" The Budew used growth. Wish pounded on Budew. Budew grew again and Wish metronomed a metal claw, but it missed. Budew continued to grow before Wish knocked them out with pound.
Sarah:"Oh, a weak-looking trainer... Do you want to have a go?"
Shiny:"We are not weak. Any way let's go!"
Buguitar was up. Shiny threw a pokeball to waste a turn, but the Bidoof missed their tackle. Buguitar began with a growl. The Bidoof growled back. Buguitar gathered her emotions, I don't sound like a chalkboard, I don't sound like a chalkboard... Tackle... Tackle... Strike! Bidoof lost half of her health. Buguitar and Bidoof growled at each other. Buguitar gathered her emotions... Tackle... Tackle.. Strike! But it hardly did anything. Buguitar growled while taking two tackles. Buguitar gathered her rage... Growl... Tackle... Strike! It still hardly did anything as she took a tackle. Buguitar growled while taking a tackle again. She gathered herself... Growl... Growl... she flailed around but she didn't do anything to the Bidoof. Buguitar was at 8 health left now.
"Buguitar don't worry I've got your back." Wish blocked an incoming tackle. Wish finished the Bidoof off with a pound. Bugitar felt the strength from the defeated Bidoof, and went up a level. Wish also felt this energy and became level10. Wish felt like he could learn sweet kiss. However Wish wasn't really that into romance so he didn't learn the move.
Sarah:"Aww... I should have said no. I didn't know you were tough... I'm going to train harder too!"
And with that battle Buguitar was tired so the trio headed back to the pokemon center before going further. A few steps in...

Tyler:"My dad gave me some pokemon! They're gonna win for me!" Tyler sent out a Magikarp.
Shiny laughed a little bit. She wasted a turn while Buguitar got hit with the oh so dangerous splash.
"Grorlwrlwlw!" Buguitar survived another dangerous splash.
"Okay sense there is no chance of bide defeating this Magikarp Wish you're up!" Said Shiny.
"Okkie dokkie!" Wish switched into the most dangerous move in the world. Wish pounded Magikarp. Wish then metronomed a swagger. The Magikarp became much more threatening with a boosted attack stat. Magikarp hurt himself in confusion then Wish finished him with pound. "It's your turn!"
"Okay." Buguitar walked onto the battle field. A bird, birds eat bugs. Buguitar had a panic attack. Growl... Growl... Buguitar was frozen in fear when Starly used tackle. "Grorrolw!" Buguitar was quick attacked. Buguitar gathered her frustration of not being able to attack the Starly... Tackle... Quick attack... Quick attack... Strike! The Starly was in the red zone. "Grrrolworwl!" and Buguitar was growled back. Buguitar gathered her anger... Tackle... Tackle... Strike! With only 3 health left Buguitar defeated the Starly.
Tyler:"But they were the pokemon I got from my dad..."
"Good job Buguitar. Anyway we should probably rush you to the pokemon center." Said Shiny.

One center trip latter...
Samantha: "May I please trouble you for a battle?"
Shiny wasted a turn. The Budew began with growth. Wish pounded the Budew while she used growth again. Budew growthed while Wish metronomed an amnesia. Budew water spored while Wish pounded. Wish sang while Budew grew. "Take, some, a, erm..." But Wish couldn't remember the words to the song. Budew used absorb while Wish finished Budew off with a pound.
Samantha:"Oh... Your so strong..."

The trio walked further into the route. There was a cave called Ravaged path. "Let's go in there!" Said Shiny.
"But um... will we get lost?"
"Don't worry Buguitar I will keep track of where we are going."
The trio walked in. Shiny saw an item and picked it up. "Hey look, an Antidote." Everyone went to leave the cave when a normal Zubat appeared. Wish pouned the Zubat while getting leach lifed. Wish metronomed a secret power. Wish grew to level 11!
"There are rocks in the way!"
"We could walk past them." Said Shiny. With some struggle Shiny failed to walk over the rocks. "Oh come on these are like, waist high."
Buguitar charged at the rocks. Buguitar took 2 damage.
"Buguitar are you okay? I don't think it's a good idea to try to break the rocks."
"It's a wonderful idea though." Said Shiny. She karate chopped a rock. The rock remained unbroken and Shiny's hand became red. "Bad idea, bad idea! Man the internet makes this look so easy."
"I think we should leave the cave. I don't want either of you to get more hurt trying to break those rocks."
Shiny held her hand. "Agreed." The trio exited the cave. On their way they saw a normal Shinx. Not seeing the point the trio fled. The trio visited the pokemon center. "So with that creep blocking the east and those rocks blocking the north what should we try to do now?"
"We could try to finish that game of hide and seek for a free poketch. "

"Alright... I don't want to deal with clowns but I do like free stuff." The trio wandered around Jubilife city. They found another clown. "Okay Wish you just answer the question for the clown."
Wish took Shiny's hand and tugged gently. "Shiny you should concur your fear of clowns. They're just people trying to cheer others up. There's nothing to be afraid of."
Clown:"Just like Pokemon types, the moves of Pokemon also have types?"
Shiny:"Yes."
Clown:”Ding-Ding! You're AbsolUtely correct! If the Pokemon's type matches it's move's type, that move is made much more powerful!" The clown handed Shiny a coupon.

Shiny walked up to another clown.
Clown:"Can a pokemon hold an item?"
Shiny:"Yes."
Clown:”Ding-Ding! You're AbsolUtely correct! A pokemon may hold a single item. Some items become effective as soon as they are held by a pokemon. Berries are eaten by pokemon as necessary during battle." The clown handed Shiny a coupon.
"Wow Shiny congratulations! You got all three coupons so we can get a poketch now. You also appear to have overcame your fear of clowns."
Shiny:"I did. I just realized that if the clowns ever do something with Hypnos or something I have you to pound them up and Buguitar to bide them up."
"Shiny that isn't what I was trying to..."
Shiny:"It all makes perfect sense!"

The trio walked over to the poketch man from before.
Man:"Let me count your coupons! I'll use the poketch here..."
Shiny:"Are you serious? How hard is it to count to three?"
Man:"I am trying to demonstrate the counting feature of the poketch."
"No offense, but... using the poketch to count to three, looks... pretty weak."
Man:"One, Two, Three! Bravo! I say, bravo! In return for these coupons I present you this pokemon watch, or poketch for short!"
Shiny got the poketch. She looked down at her watch, "Whoa." It had some numbers that appeared to be a time, but she still had trouble with hours past 12.
Man:"You can add apps to your poketch to make it even more versatile! Touch the poketch screen and please do try it out!" He walked away.
"Ooo, we got a poketch! What can it do?"
Shiny:"Let's see here." There was a clock, a calculator, a step counter and a party display. "Well I know which one of these I'm using 90% of the time." Shiny set it to the party screen. "So what do we do now? I guess we should charge head first into what ever battle opportunity we get."
The trio walked around town. They headed east. There was that man from before. They managed to walk past him without any hassle this time. Barry ran up to Shiny.

Barry:"Hey! Shiny! Tell me you got a little tougher!"
"Hi Barry."
Shiny:"Yes, Wish and Buguitar have gained a few levels. What about you?"
Barry:"Me? Do you even need to ask? Of course I got tougher! Come on! Let's battle it out!"
Buguitar was up first. Shiny wasted a turn. Starly used growl then quick attack. Buguitar gathered her emotions... Growl... Growl... Arg! Nothing! Buguitar growled in frustration. Just then Starly quick attacked Buguitar twice. Buguitar gathered her emotions... Growl... Growl nothing... Buguitar was getting very annoyed at Starly. She prepared a growl preparing for a quick attack. Surprisingly the Starly growled back. Starly quick attacked. Buguitar gathered her emotions... quick attack, a critical hit! Another quick attack made Buguitar fall.
"Buguitar!" Wish stepped in to avenge his fallen team mate. The Starly stood still at full health. Starly growled Wish, Wish pounded the Starly. Starly quick attacked. Wish wiggled his stub and tried to use fissure, just for Starly to dodge it. Starly landed a critical quick attack while Wish pounded.
Shiny:"Okay Wish, you should use wish to heal yourself from that critical hit."
"I don't know... I mean you let Buguitar faint." Wish wiggled his stub and used faint attack while Starly quick attacked Wish.
Shiny:"Maybe now you could use wish wish?"
Starly growled while Wish started singing "Take a melody," and Starly fell asleep.
Shiny:"Please Wish, use wish."
"Hold on I want to let Starly rest for a bit first." Wish then started to finally chant something. Wish fainted the Starly with a pound. Wish's wish came true and fully healed him. Wish wiggled a stub and used attract, only to find out the opposing Turwing was straight. The Turtwig tackled Wish twice then withdrawed. Wish pounded Turtwig while taking a tackle. Wish started chanting something. Wish pounded Turtwig while he withdrawed. Wish's wish came true and healed him. Wish wiggled a stub and used embargo. Turtwig tackled Wish. Wish in his frustration wiggled a stub and used fire punch. Wish looked in shock to what he had done. He had... He had... broken his own virtue. Wish looked at his own stub that caused it. Wish lowered his head in shame, he had failed at temperance. During Wish's sulking the Turtwing managed to get in a withdraw and tackle.
Shiny:"Come on Wish, the battle isn't over yet, you can do it."
"But, but I failed at temperance."
Shiny:"But Wish your the only one who can win this battle now. Buguitar tried hard to face off against that Starly that you defeated. Are you going to stop now and let that all be for nothing?"
"Wait no one switched in after I defeated. That's temperance and humility broken."
Shiny:"But Wish I don't think that counts as humility broken since there was literately no one you could switch into. Come on Wish, Buguitar really wanted to win the fight. Do you want to let her down?"
"No."
Shiny:"So Wish get back in there and defeat this Turtwig, for Buguitar!"
"For Buguitar!" Wish got back up. Wish pounded Turtwig while the Turtwig withdrawed. Wish started chanting something while Turtwig tackled Wish. Wish took a tackle. Wish's wish came true and restored him to 28/32 health. Wish wiggled his stub and metronomed a wrap, that missed... Turtwig tackled Wish. Wish started chanting something while taking a tackle. Wish wiggled his stub and used comet punch while taking a tackle. Wish pounded Turtwig while taking a tackle. Wish started chanting something. Turtwig used tackle, but it missed. Wish wiggled his stub and used brine, and despite not being very effective did more that pound could do. Turtwig used tackle. Wish's wish healed Wish. "Simple as can be" sang Wish but Turtwig wasn't paying attention. Wish took a tackle. Wish metronomed a conversation, but it failed. Turtwig tackled Wish twice. Wish started chanting something while being tackled. Wish pounded Turtwig while being tackled. Wish's wish came true and healed him. Wish metronomed a cross chop while taking a tackle. Wish pounded Turtwig while taking a tackle. Wish started chanting something while taking a tackle twice. Wish's wish came true. Wish pounded Turtwig while being tackled. Wish started chanting something while being, just assume after very action Wish is tackled. Wish used pound. Wish pounded again. Wish was shocked that once again he failed his virtue.
Shiny:"Come on Wish, you can't get yourself down again, this is a very close battle and if you sulk you could lose this for Buguitar.
Wish started singing something "How, I failed temperance twice...". Both pokemon were in the red zone. Shiny used a potion on Wish. Wish pounded. Wish sang "This is a terrible day..." Wish pounded again. Shiny used another potion. Wish was tackled twice because he wasted all of the healing items and sulked about it. Wish did some intelligible humming. Wish after being tackled sang "Oh how everything, seems to be failing. But yet, we must not give up." Turtwig finally fell asleep. Wish used pound. Wish hummed something. It was just enough time for Turtwig to wake up and use withdraw, but Turtwig's defense couldn't go any higher. Turtwig used withdraw again and appeared to be out of pp for tackle. The Turtwig had been pp stalled. Wish used pound. Wish sang something "Give it some words and a sweet melody." and Turtwig fell asleep. Wish continued to hum. Wish used pound. Turtwig woke up and withdrawed with what appeared to be one health left. Wish continue to hum but Turtwig ignored it. Wish pounded Turtwig and finally, Turtwig went down. "Finally." Wish breathed heavily.
Barry:"What's going on here. I lost?"
Shiny:"Yes you did. Though I also lost 2 potions, Buguitar lost her health and Wish lost his innocence. First Buguitar and now Wish. Are you planing to push all of the pokemon I catch over their edge?"
Barry:"No. Well that's it! We were so close. That's the last time I'll ever lose!"
Shiny:"I better grind then. Why am I getting revenge fantasies of one shotting all of your pokemon in our next battle."
"Shiny? knocking out others isn't nice..." Wish turned to Barry, "But neither is insulting others, fainting others or MAKING THEM BREAK THEIR VIRTUES! Okay Shiny? let me at him, let me at him."
Shiny:"Whoa not yet Wish, we'll settle this on the battle field, that is how team skull avoids punishment for things slightly outside the rules anyway. At least then it looks like a battling mishap."
Barry:"Shiny you know I can hear you right? You better not be planing my demise or planing to use me in one of your dumb team skull things."
Shiny:"Team Skull is not dumb!"
Barry:"But weren't they just a gang that did... I don't even know what they do."
Shiny:"Ha, you don't even know the awesomeness of team skull."
Barry:"Anyway Shiny I'm going to be the world's toughest trainer, and you know it!"
Shiny:"Replace tough with causes the most emotional issues and I think you have a shot."
Barry:"Sigh, The first thing to do is take on the Oreburgh city pokemon gym. I'm gonna toughen up for that, totally!" Barry ran off.
Wish's stats: Health:9/32 Pound:17/35 Sing:4/15 Wish:0/10 Metronome:0/10

Shiny ran to the pokemon center. "Buguitar, Wish, are you okay."
"What, what happened?"
"I became a horrible pokemon who can't even stick to their own virtues."
"Wish?"
"Don't look at me, I don't deserve to be looked at. I'm a terrible pokemon." Wish started crying.
"Wish..." Buguitar came next to Wish. She didn't know how to make things better.
Shiny:"Wish it wasn't your fault, RNG just hates our guts."
"Great and I doomed our team to horrible RNG because I can't follow my virtues."
"Wish... Please don't... Please don't be like this."
"But I broke my own virtue. How can I forgive myself for this?"
"Wish, please don't give up. You are, an amazing pokemon. So what if you made, a, single mistake?"
"Single mistake? I did it twice. Arg I'm such a terrible pokemon. And great I'm dampening the mood by angsting about this. I'm sorry."
"Don't be sorry Wish. You didn't really do anything to be sorry about.
Wish hung his head down.
"Who did this to Wish?"
Shiny:"Barry, and RNG. In the heat of battle, well..."
"Am I allowed to use bide on Barry?"
Shiny:"No Buguitar that would get us in trouble. Though it would be a shame if you were to miss one of his pokemon and the attack kept going."
"I like that plan."
"Please don't do acts of violence because I failed at temperance."
"Fine... Then... Though I wouldn't mind, well, doing it."
Shiny:"Anyway I guess we should head out.

New Rule! Wish due to breaking his virtue feels terrible. He will refuse to battle as the highest leveled pokemon if disobedience could kick in. Wish also wants to forget metronome asap as that is the accursed move that caused him to break his temperance.

The trio headed to Jubilife Condominiums. They saw a girl with a Patchirezo and Pikachu. "Oh, your pokemon is quite adorable."
Buguitar ducked down and blushed.
Girl:"Here, try making them hold this quick claw."
Shiny:"Here Buguitar try holding this quick claw."
Buguitar took the quick claw. "Thanks..."

The trio headed to route 204. A wild Budew appeared. "Okay Buguitar let's go!"
Buguitar was sent out to battle. Buguitar gathered her emotions... Absorb... Absorb... Strike! Buguitar was poisoned by poison point. Budew grew. "Grrrolwrowlw!" the Budew continued to grow.
"Um... maybe we should run." Said Shiny. The trio fled.
"Ow..." Buguitar was suffering from the poison.
"Buguitar are you okay?"
"No..."
"Shiny use your antidote!"
Shiny:"But what if I need it latter?"
"Buguitar is poisoned! What better time would be for an antidote?"
Shiny:"A dungeon or the middle of a route. We could need it latter if one of you get poisoned there. But what if I need it even latter..."
"Shiny?!"
Shiny:"Okay we'll run to the pokemon center since that is close."
"I think... I... might of... stopped... being, well... poisoned." Buguitar was stumbling at one health left. Buguitar was healed.

The trio walked to route 203. In the tall grass they encountered a wild Starly.
Buguitar gathered her emotions... Tackle... Growl... strike! The Starly was almost at half health and growled. "Groolwlwowl!" The Starly used quick attack. Buguitar gathered her emotions... Tackle... Growl... strike! The Starly had 1/4 health left and growled. "Grooolwlww!" Both pokemon growled then Starly quick attacked. Buguitar gathered her emotions... Growl... strike! But it was a miss. The Starly tried to tackle but it was also a miss. "Groooolwlww!" Buguitar was quick attacked, and of course it was a critical hit... Being faced with fainting and Wish being unwilling to battle Buguitar fled. Except the Starly chased Buguitar and growled at Buguitar, who's attack couldn't go lower. Buguitar was cornered by Starly and growled at. Buguitar's heart was racing. She finally managed to escape with only 2 health left. Buguitar was healed then this was tried again.
Another Starly appeared. Starly quick attacked. Buguitar started gathering her emotions... Tackle... strike! Starly growled with just above 1/2 health. "Groolwowlw!" Buguitar was tackled. Buguitar gathered her emotions... Tackle... Quick attack... strike! The Starly fainted. Buguitar felt proud that she fainted the Starly all by herself. She could feel tremendous power flowing through her. Buguitar starting glowing white. Next thing she knew she was a towering giant with her hands replaced by swords. "Ahhh!"
"Buguitar it looks like you evolved." Said Shiny.
"Congratulations Buguitar! Wow, your so tall now!"
"Um..." Buguitar was terrified. She wasn't really sure what to do with her body. It just changed so suddenly. Buguitar stumbled backwards.
"Buguitar are you okay?"
"No! Just what... what is this!"
Shiny inspected Buguitar. "Well you evolved. It means that you changed shape and grew stronger."
"How do I unevolve?"
"You can't." Shiny answered. "Your a Kricketune now."
"No, no, no, nonononononono no. This... this is just to much."
"Buguitar, I'll help you get used to your evolution. Now first we should help you get up." Shiny and Wish helped Buguitar up. Shiny held onto Buguitar's scythe.
"We should probably head into the pokemon center for the night." Said Shiny. The sun was setting and it was getting rather dark out.
"Alright. A good night's sleep will help us in the morning."
The trio walked to the pokemon center. Shiny helped the newly evolved Buguitar walk, but Buguitar started getting the hang of walking by the time they made it to the pokemon center. The trio rested on couches and cushions, and went to sleep.

Wish the Cleffa - level 11
Pound
Sing
Wish
Metronome
28, 12, 13, 15, 18, 12
Okay the levels for traded pokemon obedience will be a setback. Seriously I felt like they didn't play test the levels. Roark has all of his pokemon over level 10. Do they really except someone to beat his gym with level 10 or under pokemon? The worst part is the cap doesn't rise until Gardenia. Why do I get a feeling like this was either not play tested or they are trying to discourage the use of using any traded pokemon? Good thing I picked the too hard option, I could have lost Wish to the RNG if I didn't. I am still going to try for temperance, even if the RNG says otherwise.
Buguitar the Kricketune - level 10
Growl
Bide
Fury Cutter
36, 25, 17, 16, 15, 18
Buguitar was terrible as a Kricketot. Her only damaging attack was bide which was pretty much left up to the hands of RNG if it did anything. Heck she even didn't do any damage to Barry's Starly due to the poor RNG. I haven't battled with her as a Kricketune yet but I have a feeling she will be my MVP with her higher stats, obedience and non RNG based damaging move.

Anyway I still need 2 post Roark pokemon for this Scramble.

Okay so I finally wrote the 5th chapter of my Pearl shiny scramble. Original post.
Buguitar was wandering route 202. It was a rather normal day, but her hands were replaced by blades. She tried picking up a berry to eat, but her blades cut it into a million pieces. She tried drinking some water from a puddle, but her blades cut it in half. She tried playing catch with some other Kricketots, but she cut the ball in half.
"Way to go Chalkboard." "Chalkboard messes up again." "Hahaha, Chalkboard failed. Let's all laugh at her."
An army of Kricketots where all laughing at her. All eyes were on her. "Everybody stop!" she cried. She slashed at the Kricketots. Everyone she knew was gone. Buguitar began growing taller, and then she woke up.

Buguitar's heart was pounding, but it was all just a dream. She was with Wish who constantly encouraged her to do better, and Shiny who had brought Wish to her and took her away everyone she used to know, a majority of them who bullied her. Everything was alright. And then she noticed her hands where replaced by blades. "AHHHH!"
Shiny woke up. "Buguitar what the matter..." She said sleepily.
Wish jolted awake. "Buguitar are you okay?"
Buguitar realized she screamed inside a pokemon center, and that everyone was looking at her. "I'm... I'm fine." Buguitar ducked down, her cheeks red.
Shiny stretched. "Yawn, so today I was thinking we would go towards route 203."
"That sounds good, let's go!"

The trio walked to route 203. Buguitar was at the front of the party.
Michel:"I'm full of energy because I get power from my pokemon!"
Buguitar was up against a level 5 Bidoof. Shiny wasted a turn while the Bidoof growled. Buguitar prepared her scythe to try out her new move fury cutter. Bidoof hardly took any damage. Bidoof tackled back. Buguitar growled while the Bidoof tackled back. Buguitar rushed in with Fury cutter while taking a tackle. The Bidoof looked like a 4HKO. Buguitar growled while taking a growl. Buguitar fury cutted Bidoof and the Bidoof fainted. Buguitar won her first battle after evolving with only taking 5 damage. To her it felt amazing.
As per Wish's humility virtue Wish was up next. Wish switched into a Zubat. "Shiny I don't think I should battle... What if I break my temperance again? I don't want to risk it."
Shiny Sighed. Wish was beginning to act like Buguitar, and one overly timid pokemon was enough. Shiny knew not to argue with Wish's virtues and switched in Buguitar.
Buguitar took a super sonic. Buguitar was confused. Didn't Wish want to help everyone. Then why would he not want to help out in battle? Buguitar went in for a fury cutter. It did almost nothing. Zubat leech lifed in return. "GGORLORLEW!" Zubat leech lifed again. Buguitar tried to fury cutter again. Zubat used leech life and did one damage. "Grolrowlrw!" Zubat super soniced Buguitar again, and for some reason the 50% accuracy move hit again. Buguitar went in for a fury cutter but got distracted by looking at Wish and tripped on a rock. The Zubat leech lifed Buguitar. In rage Buguitar attempted to fury cutter again, it hitting this time. The Zubat leech lifed. Buguitar began to gather her emotions but fell backwards. Buguitar knew she was done for with only 8 health left. Buguitar desperately tried to gather her emotions again... leech life... leech life... strike! Zubat lost nearly half of its health. Buguitar Fury cutted with all her might to be leech lifed in return. Shiny checked her bag to see her only healing item was an antidote. Buguitar desperately growled. Zubat used leech life. With the last of her strength Buguitar charged at Zubat using Fury cutter but missed. The Zubat used supersonic, but missed. Buguitar gave a weak growl. Finally the last of her health was drained away by the Zubat's leech life.
Wish was in shock. Due to his own selfishness of wanting to keep his own virtues he let Buguitar faint when she needed him the most. Maybe the way he was looking at things was wrong. Maybe he shouldn't stop battling all together to follow his virtues, but instead help if his team really need it. Wish was ready to face the Zubat and avenge Buguitar.

New rule! Well more of an alteration. If Wish is the highest leveled pokemon and his disobedience could kick in he may only battle if the rest of his team is either in the red zone or have fainted.

Wish pounded the Zubat. In one hit the Zubat went from a little above half health to one health left. Wish took a leech life and a super sonic. Wish was hurt by leech life and confusion of whether he was even following his own virtues at all. Wish wiggled his stub and used super sonic, that hit. Zubat flew into the ground leaving him at one health. Wish pounded away Zubat's last health but felt terrible. He leveled up, and let Buguitar faint.
Michel:"Oh! My poor Bidoof and Zubat!"

Shiny ran to the pokemon center. Both Shiny and Wish turned to Buguitar and asked "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine." Buguitar couldn't believe she lost to a Zubat after evolving. She swore if she saw another one...
Shiny went and checked the pokemart. Shiny bought 2 potions. She also bought ten pokeballs because they are awesome. Shiny now broke with only 108 pokedollars left went back to route 203. Shiny found and picked up a pokeball. She ran into a wild Starly.
Buguitar was out. She began with Fury cutter while taking a growl. "Grolwrlowl!" while taking another growl. Buguitar then alternated between fury cutter and bide until the Starly fainted, scoring a critical hit with the first fury cutter. Buguitar finished the battle with 30 health left.
Dallas:"We're always together. I'll show you how we've bonded."
Buguitar was out against another Kricketot. Shiny wasted a turn. Buguitar took a growl. Buguitar used fury cutter while the Kricketot growled. "Grolrolw!" While the Kricketot used bide. Buguitar followed suit. Buguitar wanted to avoid damage but as soon as her bide stopped the Kricketot's started again. "Grolrolw!" Shiny wasted a turn so Buguitar wouldn't be hurt. Buguitar used fury cutter. The opposing Kricketot somehow was faster than Buguitar and used bide before she could fury cutter. Buguitar used bide in an attempt to bide the damage from bide. Buguitar finished off the Kricketot with 22 health left. Could feel power flowing through her and leveled up.
Dallas:"It's got me down."

The trio continued along route 203.
Kaitlin:"I found a trainer while looking for some pokemon!"
Shiny wasted a turn. Buguitar took a tackle. Buguitar used fury cutter while the Bidoof used tackle, it's only move. "Grolrolrw!" Buguitar used fury cutter and the Bidoof went down and a Budew took it's place. Wish came out for a moment only to let Buguitar back in. Buguitar faced a growth. Buguitar used fury cutter while taking an absorb. Buguitar then gathered her emotions... Absorb... Growth... Strike! Budew used absorb just exiting the yellow zone. Buguitar used fury cutter again. The Budew fainted. Due to Wish's humility Wish switched in only to be switched out again. Buguitar took a growl from the foe's Starly. Buguitar fury cuttered hardly doing any damage. Starly growled again. Buguitar gathered her emotions... growl... tackle that missed... strike? But only then did the tackle hit. Buguitar fury cuttered again while taking a growl. Buguitar gathered her emotions... tackle... growl... strike! The Starly went into the yellow then used tackle. Buguitar used fury cutter and the Starly fainted.
Kaitlin:"Hun? Your finished so soon?"

Shiny rushed to the pokemon center. They then came back. "Hey Buguitar, I was thinking that we should grind you a little so your the same level as Wish."
"Um... okay." They battled a Starly, Starly, Starly and Starly. Shiny could have sworn one of them was holding an ID card for the Pidgeonation. Buguitar grew to level 12!
The trio headed down route 203.
Sebastian:"Gimme a battle so I can see if I'm ready for the Pokemon Gym challenge!"
Shiny:"Well if you don't have anything over level 9 than I say you defiantly aren't."
Buguitar was out against a level 7 Machop. Shiny wasted a turn. Machop used Leer. Buguitar used fury cutter while taking a low kick. "Grolrwolrwl!" Machop used low kick that was a critical hit! Buguitar gathered her emotions... low kick... low kick... strike! Machop was at half health and used leer. Buguitar used fury cutter that was a critical hit! It felt amazing to Buguitar as her sycthe smashed against the Machop as it fell to the ground.
Sebastion:"I guess it means I'm not ready for the Pokemon Gym challenge yet..."
Shiny quickly healed Buguitar then came back.
Madeline:"I got a nifty-keen Gym Badge from the Gym Leader in Oreburgh City!"
Shiny:"Is there any reason why you keep on capitalizing the words that have to do with a gym?"
Shiny wasted a turn. The foe Starly used growl. Buguitar gathered her emotions... quick attack... tackle... strike! Buguitar one shoted the Starly, and it felt awesome to her.
"Let's go!" Wish switched in for humility. Wish pounded the Bidoof while taking two tackles. "Here Buguitar, you should get some experience too." Wish switched out.
Buguitar took a growl. "Grolrolrw!" Buguitar took a tackle. Buguitar used fury cutter while taking a growl. Buguitar gathered her emotions... growl... tackle... strike! Bidoof growled. Buguitar used fury cutter. The Bidoof fainted.
Madeline:"Oh, I lost. Lalala!"

Shiny wondered how someone could have beat Rowark with two level 5 pokemon, one of them being weak to rock and neither having a move that wasn't no very effective. They ran into an Abra but ran away. Shiny found 175 poke err a repel. Buguitar defeated a Shinx and saw a sign. "Hey look Oreburgh city. It's just beyond this Zubat infested cave."
Buguitar shuddered at the memory of the last of her energy being sucked away with two sharp fangs. "Um... maybe we could... heal first?"
"Okay" said Shiny. They went to the pokemon center then headed back towards route 204.
Buguitar knew she had to act fast. "I um... saw something really shiny in that direction. Yeah, it was super valuable."
"Someone could have dropped it. Come on Shiny we have to check it out."
"But Zubat cave..." Shiny was forced to follow her two pokemon who were heading west. Buguitar had an large grin on her face. Shiny was catching her breath. "Can you believe it." She said to a random fisherman. "My pokemon..."
"Love fishing?" The fisherman finished. "Do you also love fishing?"
"I guess it's pretty cool" Shiny answered.
"Then take this. The all mighty old rod. Scientifically engineered to catch Magikarps 100% of the time. May the Magikarps be with you."

Shiny showed Wish and Buguitar the fishing rod. "Well I know what we are going to do now." The trio walked to route 218.
"Ooo a stick! What are we going to do with it?"
"This," Shiny answered. She sat down on a small island and cast her rod. Normal Magikarp... Shiny tried to cast it back into the water but Wish and Shiny couldn't escape. The Magikarp splashed fearsomly. Buguitar walked over and threw the Magikarp back into the water. Shiny continued to fish looking for something that wasn't a normal Magikarp. Two Magikarp latter a shiny appeared.
Wish readied himself. Wish started to chant something. And you all know the terrifying move that Magikarp used. "Give it some words and a sweet harmony." the Magikarp fell asleep. Shiny threw a pokeball. And it worked! Shiny named the Magikarp Fishbun, after a really weak enemy in Ittle dew 2.
Shinys encountered:12
Shinys caught:8
Wish checked along the bridges. "Huh I don't see anything here."
"Wait... I'm well... not really used to my scythes yet and I meant to point northwest. To you know route 203." She was umm... encouraging expansion of the team. Buguitar couldn't think of anything beyond this to stall going to zubat cave.
"Then we must go there. Someone could have lost something really important."
Shiny was then dragged by her pokemon to route 203. They walked around with Wish at the lead. After searching through the tall grass for a while and what felt like over 20 wild pokemon they encountered a shiny Starly. Wish pounded it to the yellow zone. Shiny just wanting something out of this threw a pokeball. Shiny promptly named the Starly 3000 Years as that was how it felt to Shiny how long it took to run into a shiny with Wish in the lead.
Shinys encountered:13
Shinys caught:9
Shiny sort of wanted a Shiny Budew but after how long it took to find 3000 Years Shiny was out of it. "Okay we have searched for a long time and have found nothing. Let's just go to Zubat cave already."
"But we found an old rod, Fishbun and 3000 Years along the way. But we never did find that item that someone could have lost..."
Shiny thought for a moment. "Your right, we did get an old rod." They went to the pokemon center then route 204, facing Zubat cave. Buguitar twiddled her scythes nervously. They stepped into Oreburgh gate. "Oh and did I forget to mention that Geodudes are actually more common than Zubats in this cave, or at least according to this wiki page I pulled up. Look you can also evolve Eevee into Steeleon here by running around the outline of the cave 3 times tossing 3 pokeballs each step while Eevee knows bite and encounters a wild pokemon on the last step that causes Eevee to level up. It's a wiki so it must be true. Too bad I don't have any Eevees though." Shiny took a few steps in.
"Shiny? that Steeleon thing sounds like a lie, how does tossing pokeballs affect evolution?" Shiny shrugged. Buguitar's eye twitched. There wasn't leech lifeing Zubats every step, there were geodudes too?

A Hiker approached and said, "Oh, lookie there! You've got a Poketech! Hm... You're still a pretty new Trainer, aren''t you."
"Yeah I guess." Shiny answered, "I only have 9 shinys and 17+ hours of journey time."
"But it's all good! You're a new fellow friend of pokemon! So, let me make a gift of this hidden machine to you!" The hiker handed her HM06, rock smash.
"Thanks!" Shiny replied.
"That's a hidden machine..." he droned on about HMs and Rock Smash, nothing she didn't learn at trainer school before she went on this journey. Though if you asked her riding Tarous to call at any moment to smash rocks sounded much more practical than wasting your pokemon's move slots. Shiny began thinking dreamily of what she have heard of the Alola region, and team skull. "...outside of battle." She nodded and pretended she was listening to what the Hiker just said.

The trio headed deeper right into the cave. Suddenly,
Curtis:"We Trainers will accept challenges anywhere! It's what we do."
Buguitar was up. Shiny wasted a turn. Buguitar took a tackle. Buguitar ran to the Shinx and Fury cutted the Shinx's tackle. "Grolrowlw!" Shinx leered Buguitar. Buguitar used Fury Cutter again while taking a leer. "Grolorlolrw!" Buguitar took a tackle. Buguitar charged at the Shinx with fury cutter and the Shinx fell. Buguitar could feel herself getting stronger, and gaining a level.
Curtis:"Hmm... Insafishently raised?" He said. Shiny wondered if he was talking about his own pokemon.

They headed deeper into the cave. Wish encountered a normal Geodude, but fled.
Diana:"To celebrate my getting through this cave, I'm going to battle you."
Shiny:"But the exit is right there." Shiny pointed ahead.
Diana:"Do you know how many Zubats are swarming this place? Go Budew!"
Shiny wasted a turn. Budew protected herself from fire by covering the battle field in water. Buguitar used fury cutter on the Budew causing the Budew to go to the yellow. The Budew used absorb and healed a single health to go back into the green zone. "Grolrowlrw!" The Budew grew in response. Buguitar went in for another Furry Cutter. The Budew fainted.
Wish was up next. Wish switched into Psyduck landing a critical scratch. Wish took two tail whips and two scratches. Wish began to chant something. The Psyduck landed another critical scratch. Wish pounded the Psyduck. Wish was tail whiped in return. Wish's Wish came true and was healed back to 24 health. Wish wiggled a stub and used psych up. The Psyduck responded with a tail whip. "Raise your voices all day now love grows strong now." Wish sang. Psyduck fell asleep. Wish pounded Psyduck. Psyduck immediately woke up and used tail whip. Wish wiggled a stub and used last resort and Psyduck's last HP fell away.
Diana:"Well', I guess losing is something to commemorate too..."

The exit was up ahead. The trio exited Oreburgh gate. It led way to the blinding light outside. Shiny read a sign "Oreburgh City, City of Engery." Shiny was confused. Didn't school teach her Sunnyshore had solar panel streets?
"Wow this town looks so nice!" Wish cheered.
A young boy walked up to them. "Howdy, Trainer!"
"Hello! How are you?"
The boy continued, "If you don't have a single Gym Badge, other trainers will look down on you like you're a total noob, right?"
"What kind of door knob?" Shiny asked. "Yeah gyms are the best kind of challenge way better than those awful trials in Alola."
"So I'll show you where the town's Pokemon Gym is." The boy finished.
"Thank you. That's kind of you."
The trio followed the boy. He saw the gym entrance and mumbled "Huh? There's someone there. Is that guy there your friend? He looks twitchy and impatient."
"I guess he is?" Shiny answered. "Though he has been doing a lot of deteriorating my pokemon's sanity this journey." Shiny turned to her pokemon, "I guess we could talk to him, but I was thinking we could look around Oreburgh gate some more."
"Yay exploration!"
"As long as there aren't any Zubats..."

The trio healed then headed back into Oreburgh gate. They took the upper path this time. But there were rocks. "Well that didn't go very far..." Shiny started walking around the cave with Wish in the lead. They encountered a normal Geodude, Geodude, and then a shiny. Wish wiggled a stub and used embargo. The shiny Geodude tackled Wish, then fell in love. Wish pounded the Geodude. Geodude was looking at how cute Wish is. Wish started chanting something. The Geodude was still staring. Wish started singing "Sing a song about, love oh love." however the Geodude was to busy mud sporing to notice. Shiny threw a pokeball, and it worked! Shiny named it Nugget as it looked like a gold nugget.
Shinys encountered:14
Shinys caught:10
Wish cheered at making a new friend. They ran around some more a normal Geodude, Zubat, and then another Shiny Geodude came up. Wish wiggled a stub and used ice fang, freezing the Geodude in the process. Wish backed away so Buguitar could get in. Buguitar switched into the Geodude thawing out and defense curling. "Grolrolwlrw!" the geodude continued to curl. Buguitar gathered her emotions... tackle... mudsport... strike! The Geodude defense curled in the red zone. Buguitar ran forward and fury cutted the Geodude. The Geodude tackled in response. Buguitar gathered her emotions...Mud sport... Tackle... strike! The shiny Geodude fell giving Wish and Buguitar some experience. The trio then walked out of the cave.
Shinys encountered:15
Shinys caught:10

The trio went to the pokemon center. "Ah so soon we are facing Rowark. I've heard he has rock type Pokemon. Buguitar are you ready for this!" Shiny asked Buguitar.
"No..." Fainting from a rock type move, none of her moves being normally effective. Buguitar rubbed her scythes in anticipation of what was likely to happen.
"Dont worry Buguitar I've got your back." Wish looked at Buguitar with a look of determination. Buguitar smiled.
"Alright after lunch it is." Shiny said, "We'll head over to the Gym and challenge Rowark. Though we will probably have to face Barry who is at the entrance of the gym." Wish sighed. Buguitar let out a small growl. The began to eat lunch.
Wish the Cleffa - level 12
Pound
Sing
Wish
Metronome
34, 13, 14, 16, 19, 12
Despite how little I've used Wish this chapter he is still my MVP. Pound does damage, wish heals, sing sometimes give me free turns and metronome is either helpful or useless, and cute charm sometimes gives Wish free turns. Wish's main flaw however is that he hit the level for disobedience. This causes Wish to waste turns or use a different move than the one I selected. I'm kind of afraid of giving him exp as he levels up so fast and the self imposed rule I added. Disobedience is just ruining everything, when I want to heal Buguitar mid-battle with wish Wish takes 7 turns to use it sometimes, for plot reasons I added a self imposed rule that makes me afraid to use him in battle or else he will over level Buguitar, arg I really wish they would play test the disobedience levels instead of saying they where good. Still overall Wish is more useful than Buguitar.
Buguitar the Kricketune - level 13
Growl
Bide
Fury Cutter
44, 30, 20, 20, 18, 22
I thought evolution would change everything. Buguitar would start 2HKOing everything, but I was wrong. Fury cutter has only 10 base power, which hardly does anything. I have found moments where bide did more damage than fury cutter which I found sad. Though Buguitar does have more bulk now so at least she an handle single battles by herself, unlike Wish who could keep going due to wish. Though near the end of the chapter Buguitar did start fulfilling what I wanted more being able to 2HKO or 3HKO most pokemon who didn't resist her, but Starlys are everywhere and up soon Zubats Geodudes and other rock types will be everywhere. At least next level she will learn leach life, that can maybe make her better? Still I've spent the majority of the chapter trying to raise her level to at least that of Wish's.
Still overall I'm just waiting for a mon that is obedient and has a good damaging attack that isn't RNG dependent and takes 3 turns to use. Hot Air please come soon. (Though it will probably be another 5 chapters or something like that.)

I also got another Scramblemon. Someone on Pokefarm Q told me to use a Misdreavus that can't use any stab moves. I modified that challenge a little bit to make it more interesting. Anyway here it is.
Dirachi has always been quite the trickster. She has also always looked up to Jirachi. So Dirachi always wanted to a Jirachi that granted corrupted wishes. Dirachi must know Stab, and by that she means the Stab of a Dirachi, so Dirachi must always know a Dark and a Psychic type move. Dirachi refuses to accept her ghost type typing and can never use a ghost type move. Dirachi may evolve after learning pain split, a psychic and a dark type move as she is satisfied with knowing her "Stab" moves.

Dirachi is the corrupter of wishes. Because of this whenever she gets a status condition you can not heal the status for anyone in the team except with pokemon centers. Dirachi at level 28 learns pain split, a healing move. When Dirachi learns Pain Split you can never use healing items on her again. Dirachi must learn pain split and if her foe appears to have more health than she has (determined by % of health left) she must use pain split. This only applies once per pokemon faced.

Because she joined on a corrupted wish where someone will punch you in the face and yell "Pikachu all the way!" she must solo all Pikachu. Hot Air greatly annoys Dirachi by calling her a ghost type when she is clearly a Dark/Psychic type. Due to this Dirachi must solo all Dirfloon and Dirfblim not soloed by someone else to get a kind of revenge.

Sometime after the 4th gym Dirachi will start to grow close to her trainer and team. If Dirachi is in the red and knows and has ran out of PP for pain split she will finally grant her trainer's wish of wanting to heal her. Dirachi will now accept 20HP healing potions and revives, only in the middle of battles.

MoonlightRose Take baby the Pikachu.
Baby is a rather young Pikachu. Baby doesn't want to grow up and may never evolve. Baby is young gets tired rather easily. They must learn and use rest whenever they are in the red zone or have been out in battle for 5 turns in a row. Baby grew up with your Rival's Eevee. That Eevee is to Baby how your rival is to you. Baby must solo your rival's Eevee throughout the game.

Scribblium Take Kirby the Igglybuff
Kirby loves to eat. Make sure they always hold a berry. The only way Kirby can ever lose a berry is if they eat it. If another pokemon makes Kirby lose their berry Kirby must solo that Pokemon for revenge. Kirby will refuse to use any healing items that are not food based.

Kirby must learn copycat(Igglybuff lvl 11)in order to start copying abilities. When Kirby learns Mimic(Jigglypuff level 38) replace copycat with it. Every time Kirby loses or uses his berry they must use copycat/mimic immediately afterwards as they become hungry, and they have to eat something right?

In order to evolve into Jigglypuff Kirby must use 5 beries in battle
. In order to evolve into Wigglytuff Kirby must have used 5 different kinds of berries and mimic and used 5 moves of different types.

As Dark matter, and Dark matter like bosses tend to be the final boss in a lot of Kirby games Kirby must solo Nanu. Kirby must also solo all dark types in the elite 4 as those must be Dark matter like final bosses.

Hope you both enjoy!

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Howdy everyone! I figured I'd revive this thread with a Scramble of my own - a Black Tower Scramble!

Basically, the gist is this - I quickly breed four to six level 50 Pokemon, and take on the Black Tower with them! There are a few inherent restricitons to this:
  • The Pokemon used cannot gain EXP in any other way than battles in the Black Tower
  • I cannot swap out their items, unless it is a replaceable consumable item
That's harder than it sounds, though - I want restrictions! Recommended ones include soloing all trainers of a particular class, certain Boss Trainers, or simply movepool restrictions. Frankly, I prefer the latter, but who doesn't like a good Doctor solo or two? I do have a one distinct preference, though:
  • No baby mons. This includes Pichu, Magby, Togepi, Elekid, Togepi, Wynaut, Togepi, etc. They're simply a pain, and just don't keep up. Burn me once, as they say.
Other than that, have at me! I'll wait a week, or until the party's full, then I'll begin my journey; expect pictures!

Current Team:

Hydreigon with no STAB, no other restrictions

Musharna with Choice Specs, cannot switch once out

Mixer is an Eevee that is always changing things up. Mixer's moves must all be different types. Mixer likes to try new things so every area change Mixer's item, Mixer can't use the same item for the next 3 areas. Mixer likes to vary which part of their moveset they use. Each battle Mixer can not use one of it's moves. The move they can't use starts with the move in their top left move slot and shifts over by one in a clockwise fashion every battle Mixer participates in.

Cannot evolve, cannot have any attacking moves above 85 BP or below 50 BP, neutral nature

Must always have the following moveset: Toxic/Shell Smash/Power Split/Protect and Contrary, holding Focus Band, must solo all young characters (Lasses, Schoolboys, etc) if able

A researcher at heart, Tesla plans to experiment with different sets. After every level of Black Tower, replace any moves used by Tesla with other learnable moves. If you cannot replace one, then you simply can’t use it. The same limit applies to Items as well. Although some would rather to stay purely theoretical, Tesla desires to do much field work, as well. So as to make you change things each time, Tesla must solo the first otherwise nonsoloed trainer on each level.

Updates:
Floor 0 - Overview
Floor 1 - Tutorial

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)