Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Hello, I'm looking for suggestions for a hg/as scramble. the only limitations are pokemon that get less than 4 moves
Does this mean Pokémon who can only possibly learn less than 4 moves (e.g. Unown, Magikarp) or any Pokémon but that one of the elements of our challenge must involve them being able to use less than 4 moves?

Thought I'd give this a shot because it seems really fun. I'd love a challenge for White 2 since I've never played that one before. Make it fairly challenging, I want it to be a great experience. 6 mons, no trades. That's about it.

Thought I'd give this a shot because it seems really fun. I'd love a challenge for White 2 since I've never played that one before. Make it fairly challenging, I want it to be a great experience. 6 mons, no trades. That's about it.
Take an Unfeazant named Polly. (Evolves from pidove)

Landkon2
Also I haven't really been here in this thread for a few years so I might do one. Pokémon Emerald, six Pokémon, no real caveats except just don't be stupid and I am not trading. Also make it clear what the restrictions are. I might think about doing an LP of this or something?
Take a Solrock named Moony, who refuses to use or learn any fire moves. Because they think they are the moon instead of the sun.

I'd like a Pokémon Sun scramble team. I'd like 6 mons with the moveset chosen as well. No trades.
Get a Galvantula {Bug Bite, Gastro Acid, Giga Drain, and Electro Web} from the bank. If you can't, get a Leavanny {Razor Leaf, Fell Stinger, Swords Dance in honor of Sword and Shield, and X-Scissor}

Now, down to business.
Pokémon Ruby Scromble. These aren't rules, but suggestions
1- I'd prefer to have at least one un-evolvable 'Mon, but no more than 3
2- I might like to have a Ralts in there, but don't let my personal preference stop you from screwing me over!
3- Just to make it interesting, no Dragon or Fighting types, or overlapping types. For example, Geodude and Kabuto will not be admissible in the same team.
4- Finally, choose two regular and two TM or HM moves for each Pokémon

I'm excited to see what you come up with! I have no guidelines other than what's above, so fire away.

Last edited:
Hi guys, im looking for a good challenge for my pokemon white playthrough. Id like it to be challenging but no lvl cap. I dont need to use a starter and i can trade with pokemon black.I would like to have a full team of six, but they dont need to be fully evolved if that makes it harder. My favorite is trubbish (would be fun to use him). Also I will choose the moves myself. Thanks in advance :).

Hi guys, im looking for a good challenge for my pokemon white playthrough. Id like it to be challenging but no lvl cap. I dont need to use a starter and i can trade with pokemon black.I would like to have a full team of six, but they dont need to be fully evolved if that makes it harder. My favorite is trubbish (would be fun to use him). Also I will choose the moves myself. Thanks in advance :).
You get Feathers the Pidove. Feathers is a gentlebird -- or sexist, whichever you want -- and will not ever attack a female pokemon. It can use moves that do not actually damage or disadvantage the female pokemon, but otherwise he must switch out. When it evolves into Tranquill, Feathers takes on a more serene view of battle, and its first move in any battle must be one that increases his stats. When it evolves into an Unfezant, because of its now unpleasant disposition, Feathers will attack female pokemon and does not feel the need to prepare by using a stat buffing move at the beginning of battle, but if it takes damage in any turn, it cannot leave the battle until it has damaged the offending pokemon back.

Last edited:
Hello id like a scramble for fire red with trading allowed (this is gen 3) and no moveset or evolution limitations. (im new so im just trying but yeah)

Hello, I'm looking for suggestions for a hg/ss scramble. the only limitations is to not have pokemon that get less than 4 moves
I'd give you an Mareep named Lightbulb. Rules are you can evolve after the 4th gym and then evolve it again after the 1st elite four member

Hey everyone this is my first scramble but I am super excited. I am doing a scramble of Black 2, No Trading Allowed, following the basic rules, Hard. Additional Rules do not want to use a starter please vary the types of the 6 and lastly go wacky on the pokemon traits I am looking forward to a weird wild group!

Hey everyone. This is gonna be my first scramble challenge. I'm looking for suggestions for an Omega Ruby run.
Rules : No Trading, No evolution limitations, no starter, and please vary the types.
Difficulty : Hard

Hey everyone. This is gonna be my first scramble challenge. I'm looking for suggestions for a Black 2 run.
Rules : No trading, No very difficult to get Pokemon
Difficulty : Medium

Hey everyone this is my first scramble but I am super excited. I am doing a scramble of Black 2, No Trading Allowed, following the basic rules, Hard. Additional Rules do not want to use a starter please vary the types of the 6 and lastly go wacky on the pokemon traits I am looking forward to a weird wild group!
(Note: the "Forfeit" options are for if the challenge is too hard, or a situation makes it impossible to follow them. They'll make it eaiser... for a price.)

For Rival battle reasons, you will pick Snivy as your starter because you wish to show you are Serperior to him. So Serperior in fact, that you will never use this Pokemon that only wants to use Leer again as soon as you get a new Pokemon.
Forfeit:If you need to use a damaging attack to catch another Pokemon, it must be a Purrloin. It must learn Assist before you can catch any other Pokemon, and then only use that.

You must follow the advice of the official B/W 2 guide and solo Cheren with Riolu, but this Riolu is rebellious and doesn't want to use any Fighting-type moves (mostly applies to Counter and Force Palm at lv 15). It may evolve only when it realises how awesome the move Reversal is, as it learns it, KOs 5 Team Plasma Pokemon with it (Colress and ex-Team Plasma members do not count), and never forgets it.
Forfeit: If Riolu or Lucario ever uses a Fighting move other than Reversal (including by Copycat etc), it must learn Frustration. You are not allowed to deliberately drop its friendship. If it does it again, it must be released. Get another Riolu and raise it following the same rules.

After Cheren you should be able to get Dunsprace in rustling grass. It must keep the move Spite at all times, and also Pursuit because its Ability is Run Away (if it isn't get another one).
Forfeit: You're using Dunsprace. Good luck.

You should also get Venipede. Venipede is obsessed with Protect once it learns it at Level 15, and must use it at least every other turn. However, it may not learn Toxic due to its desire to fight honorably. It may evolve once it has soloed at least 3 Whirlipede belonging to Trainers (with any time interval between them), and again once it has learnt Double Team (TM at the PWT).
Forfeit: If Venipede cannot use Protect when it must for any reason (PP, Disable), it must learn Struggle Bug ASAP. If it cannot use Protect when it needs to again, it must only use Struggle Bug for the rest of the battle.

Once you get to Casteila, Eviolite is obviously banned. You should be able to head to Route 4 and get Darumaka. This Darumaka is very self-critical and must go in the Ball Of Shame for the rest of the battle every time it misses an attack. If it is your last Pokemon left after this, it must use Work Up (which it must always know) until you lose. It can evolve by finding a way around Hustle, and hence only knowing Special and Status moves. Once it has evolved, it cannot learn physical moves again.
Forfeit: Once it has evolved, you can teach it Giga Impact by also teaching it Hyper Beam, or U-turn by first teaching it Torment. Once learnt, these moves cannot be forgotten. You may not have both due to the new requirement of Belly Drum, which replaces Work Up.

As soon as you get an Everstone (probably Driftveil) return to Casteila and give it to an Adaptability Eevee (Run Away makes it much harder). It must hold Everstone at all times until it is about to evolve, and only use Normal type moves. Once it has evolved it may also use moves that share a type with its chosen evolution. It unlocks evolutions by:
Flareon- Eevee must solo the Volcarona in the deepest part of Relic Castle. Catch it, but do not use it.
Vaporeon: Eevee must solo the Jellicent that appears on Mondays in Undella Bay. Edit: Catch it, Eevee cannot damage it.
Jolteon: Eevee must solo any Colress fight (PWT is the most likely).
Espeon: Eevee must be the only Pokemon in your party as you explore the Strange House. It may evolve once you have the Lunar Wing.
Umbreon: Eevee must solo any Zinzolin fight.
Leafeon+Glaceon: Both post-game only, unlocked immediately.
Forfeit: Eevee must be released and recaught if it evolves incorrectly.

The final member of your team will be Ferroseed. Ferroseed never runs from danger, so it must know Ingrain and use it every time it comes out. It can evolve once it has faced its greatest fear by living a Fire move from a Trainer's Pokemon. Ferrothorn must remember the move Rock Climb with a Heart Scale and never forget it.
Forfeit: If Ferroseed cannot use Ingrain, it must learn ASAP and never forget Self-Destruct at Level 38. If it cannot use Ingrain again, it must use Self-Destruct instead.

The run is over once you have successfully taught Black Kyurem a physical STAB besides Freeze Shock. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Hey everyone. I'm looking for suggestions for my first scramble challenge. Here are the rules:
1- The game is Leaf Green
2- No trades allowed
3- Don't use starters
4- Varied types
5- Make it fairly difficult

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
okay nerds it’s time to necro bump this thread, because I have an itch for a Scramble Challange that needs scratched

also DHR said I could bump the thread

Game: Pokémon Shield
Availability: Can trade via HOME access, no eggs; DLC enabled
Difficulty: hard enough to be a challenge but not so hard I relegate a Pokémon to HM slavery (this was the original fate of Flapper the Zubat)
Notes: I’d like to start with Grookey and I’d like at least one Pokémon that won’t get shitstomped by Leon’s Dragapult. I don’t mind forcing things to solo an individual gym, but anything longer than like 5 fights means other Pokémon don’t get much of a spotlight. (Forcing one Pokémon to sit out as part of the challenge is fine). ALSO NO RAID EXCLUSIVES, I can fight mons in raids but they can’t be the way I catch the mons

if I get a full team I’ll probably end up streaming this

slot 1: Joe the Grookey (Merritt)
slot 2: insert vanilla Sylveon or Kingdra here (shaian)
slot 3: reserved for Yoshiblaze

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
okay nerds it’s time to necro bump this thread, because I have an itch for a Scramble Challange that needs scratched

Difficulty: hard enough to be a challenge but not so hard I relegate a Pokémon to HM slavery (this was the original fate of Flapper the Zubat)
Notes: I’d like to start with Grookey and I’d like at least one Pokémon that won’t get shitstomped by Leon’s Dragapult. I don’t mind forcing things to solo an individual gym, but anything longer than like 5 fights means other Pokémon don’t get much of a spotlight. (Forcing one Pokémon to sit out as part of the challenge is fine)

you get Joe the grookey

As soon as possible you must go to the Crown Tundra with Joe as your only Pokemon and have it fight Peony, where it should get its face stomped in. This trauma will manifest in Joe in a deep, violent rage against Steel-types and only Steel-types. From this point onward Joe cannot fight against any Pokemon that are not Steel-type, but if the opponent has a Steel-type on the field Joe must immediately switch in to beat down its foe. If Joe faints, you have to immediately revive it and get it back out there, you cannot use any items on teammates until Joe has satisfied its murderous urges. If you lack sufficient revives to let Joe defeat the enemy Steel-type you have to revert to your last save.

Joe's hatred of Steel-types means that it will not suffer any Steel-types on its team. This restriction will be lifted once Joe works past part of its trauma by soloing Rose, and it will permit Steel-types to join the team. Joe will finally resolve its anger issues after it confronts Zamazenta in postgame, and you can fight Steel-types with whatever you please after that point.

Additional restrictions related to Joe - while Joe is on the field you can't use items on it. No boxing Joe to get around having to fight steels with it. You're allowed to catch or run from wild Steel-types as long as Joe's on the field when it happens. If for whatever reason you run into a scenario where you're softlocked by Joe's unwillingness to fight non-steels, it will graciously drive your foes from the battlefield. Joe can't hold or have items used on it that a reasonable person would say contains any metal from the point you wipe to Peony until after you beat Rose. I'm a reasonable person and I say TMs and TRs contain metal.

there you can start with grookey now :)

Notes: I’d like to start with Grookey and I’d like at least one Pokémon that won’t get shitstomped by Leon’s Dragapult. I don’t mind forcing things to solo an individual gym, but anything longer than like 5 fights means other Pokémon don’t get much of a spotlight. (Forcing one Pokémon to sit out as part of the challenge is fine). ALSO NO RAID EXCLUSIVES, I can fight mons in raids but they can’t be the way I catch the mons

slot 1: Joe the Grookey (Merritt)
slot 2: insert vanilla Sylveon or Kingdra here (shaian)
Take Kicks the Buneary

Kicks doesn't really like the reputation that those of its evolved species has, especially now that Mega Lopunny is gone, Kicks instead wants to show off its capability in battle rather than looks. One of the ways she seeks to accomplish this is to draw attention away from her looks towards you, so as soon as you arrive at a city with a clothing store you must spend at least 10,000 PokeYen on clothes every time, before being able to do anything else than involves money. With that worry out of the way, Kicks looks to improve her battling capability to the level of the Mega Lopunnies of yesteryear, so Kicks must defeat every Fighting-type you come across.The ultimate challenge for her will be against Allister, where she feels that she must prove herself to be equal to the power of a Scrappy Mega Lopunny, so Kicks must solo Allister, both the Gym and League battles. Kicks, true to her name, wants to be, y'know, good at kicking things, so in order for Kicks to evolve, she must have a moveset of at least 3 kicking moves. I believe the fastest way to do this is learning Double Kick at Level 20, getting the Mega Kick TM in Hammerlocke, getting the Low Sweep TM in Bridge Field. You can also either grind Armorite Ore to get Triple Axel or grind watts to get Low Kick (Buneary only learns 5 kicking moves). Lastly, Kicks can only use physical moves. She deems it useless to practice anything else to achieve her goals.

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Take Kicks the Buneary

Kicks doesn't really like the reputation that those of its evolved species has, especially now that Mega Lopunny is gone, Kicks instead wants to show off its capability in battle rather than looks. One of the ways she seeks to accomplish this is to draw attention away from her looks towards you, so as soon as you arrive at a city with a clothing store you must spend at least 10,000 PokeYen on clothes every time, before being able to do anything else than involves money. With that worry out of the way, Kicks looks to improve her battling capability to the level of the Mega Lopunnies of yesteryear, so Kicks must defeat every Fighting-type you come across. The ultimate challenge for her will be against Bea, a fighter, which she aspires to be. Kicks does not have to solo the Gym trainers (the only time she doesn't have to defeat Fighting-types), but Kicks must solo Bea, both the Gym and League battles. Kicks, true to her name, wants to be, y'know, good at kicking things, so in order for Kicks to evolve, she must have a moveset of at least 3 kicking moves. I believe the fastest way to do this is learning Double Kick at Level 20, getting the Mega Kick TM in Hammerlocke, getting the Low Sweep TM in Bridge Field. You can also either grind Armorite Ore to get Triple Axel or grind watts to get Low Kick (Buneary only learns 5 kicking moves). Lastly, Kicks can only use physical moves. She deems it useless to practice anything else to achieve her goals.
Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 11.45.26 PM.png

:blobsad:

I have a question: I'm planning on making it so that my starter is a hacked mon. It should be legitimately obtainable in-game (no mons at levels they shouldn't be, no illegal moves, etc.). My entire post will be about giving me weird mons and giving the first person to answer the possibility of giving me an otherwise unobtainable mon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)