The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical Liverpool fan obsessed with history, with Kuyt, Benayoun, Arbeloa, Voronin, Pennant and Hyypia in your squad, you're not winning another title anytime soon. Man Utd however, in poll position for the league. Fuck Arsenal's pretend youngsters when you've got Rooney, Anderson, Nani, Tevez and Ronaldo all under 24. In next 5-10 years at most we'll have overtaken your league titles
Pretend youngsters? that's why they're ahead of you in the league eh mate

Kuyt, Voro, Pennant and Hyypia (although not because he is shit player in general; just getting too old and slow) i'll give you but benny and arbeloa bad players hahaha you're taking the piss. Oh and if our owners don't fuck things up, once the deadwood is out next season and replaced with more quality you'll be scared of us. Although I guess you soft manc shite are already shaking in fear of torres ;l

They're ahead of us because of retarded injuries/suspensions at times in the season...

You shouldn't look at your owners rather than the idiot that took those players to your club in the first place. And Torres making me shake in fear? Haha. Let me know when Rio Ferdinand takes him out of his backpocket, he had what one shot in the whole match? Same goes for Gerrard to, fitted nice and snug in a 19 year old's backpocket.

They're ahead of us because of retarded injuries/suspensions at times in the season...
We're ahead of you because we deserve to be ahead of you.

Injuries is a shit excuse. We've had Rosicky and Van Persie out for pretty much the whole season on and off. Eduardo has had minor injuries all through the season and now the big one. Hleb is another who is injury prone.

No Toure(/Eboue, who doesn't really matter as he sucks and is just a dangerous player) due to African Cup of Nations and we didn't decide to go and lose/draw games and just say;

'Oh we have injuries and shit, and that is why we lost'

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Rosisky and Van Persie compared to Rooney, Neville and Scholes?!

Having Wes Brown playing at Left Back has to be the most agonising pain I've endured watching Football. It's like watching a fan entering the game.

Rosisky and Van Persie compared to Rooney, Neville and Scholes?!

Having Wes Brown playing at Left Back has to be the most agonising pain I've endured watching Football. It's like watching a fan entering the game.
Rosicky and V.P are still two of our first teamers, and pretty vital ones at that.

Wes Brown is just lol, how he has been picked for any England squad under any England manager is beyond me, and now he wants something like 80k a week when he isn't even worth what he gets at the moment.

we have to put up with Kewell, don't complain... And Kuyt can be very frustrating at times, although his current form is improving.

You shouldn't look at your owners rather than the idiot that took those players to your club in the first place.
if you are denying that the rift has had any effect in the dressing rooms then well

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
we have to put up with Kewell, don't complain... And Kuyt can be very frustrating at times, although his current form is improving.
Let's calm the debate. Kewell isn't half as bad as Wes Brown. It's also hard to compare two people when they play different positions. Kuyt is our Saha, only Kuyt's not injured as much.

Brown isn't as bad as everyone likes to make out, he's been solid at RB, lest you forget Neville's been out for a year. If he was shite he wouldn't be selected by Capello and Fergie would have bought a new RB.

And if you remember the start of the season we had Tevez as out only fit striker, who hadn't even trained for 2 months and Ronaldo was suspended. Add to that missing Hargreaves, Neville, Park, Silvestre, Foster, Fletcher, Rooney and Saha missing since then for significant periods of time and you have a nightmare. Bar Van Persie and Rosicky Arsenal have been lucky fucks with injury.

Anyhow, we'll win the league I'm certain of that. The pressure is starting to tell especially William Gallas the dickhead. When you somehow equalised in the last minute against us he was talking bullshit about dying together and now he's just a sulking bastard. I'm more than confident of doing the business at OT and overturning the deficit if we haven't already by then.

Taylor

i am alien
With him going around calling Manchester United and Fergie arrogant, you can tell.

We still need Berbatov or Benzema this summer.

(RotPredictions:

Man Utd vs Lyon (To strong at home for Lyon)
Arsenal vs AC Milan (If Arsenal don't concede at the San Siro they'll do it)
Liverpool vs Inter (Liverpool lack the quality)
Chelsea vs Olympiakos (Routine wins)
First two predictions correct eh? Good win for Utd but fucking hell we look more likely to concede when we are playing more defensively. Great win for Arsenal, I just changed over to ITV4 the exact moment Fabregas' shot hit the net.

Taylor

i am alien
I stayed on ITV3 to watch the final minutes of their game at the San Siro. I laughed, without concern for the champions or their fans.

Anyway, great win for the Reds. I wasn't too confident at the start of the game, we did not start off too well. You're right, we do look more likely to concede when defending. It doesn't bother me, though, as we're an attacking side.

Final 8 here we come.

(Talk about the season of Manchester United Vs. Arsenal).

What a game by Arsenal. Even a terrible referree and, at times, abysmal finishing didnt deny us the win we richly deserved.

When the ref booked Hleb for diving I instantly thought it was going to be one of those nights where everything goes against us.

Excellent performance though, I think we were worthy winners over the two legs.

Hopefully we can get a team like Fenerbache or Olympiacos (if they beat Chelsea lol) in the next round. If Man U get Barca and Barca win we have a chance at winning the whole thing.

edit: I would love it if we beat Barca somewhere down the line. It would prove a point, not only to Henry, but to the media and football fans everywhere.

I would mind facing Barca at some stage. Would love a sneaky Thierry Henry backheel into his own goal to open the scoring!

When the ref booked Hleb for diving I instantly thought it was going to be one of those nights where everything goes against us.

Excellent performance though, I think we were worthy winners over the two legs.

Hopefully we can get a team like Fenerbache or Olympiacos (if they beat Chelsea lol) in the next round. If Man U get Barca and Barca win we have a chance at winning the whole thing.

edit: I would love it if we beat Barca somewhere down the line. It would prove a point, not only to Henry, but to the media and football fans everywhere.
What would it prove to Henry? The main reason he left was to get away from his wife and I'm pretty sure the media has been pissing themselves over Arsenal's "young guns" (Despite the likes of Hleb, Rosicky, Almunia, Toure and Gallas being over 25) and have been talking up your football.

I have a good feeling Utd will win it, I think last season we got fucked over by Vidic being half injured and Neville, Ferdinand and Evra not playing against Milan but I think we have good strength in depth, and Heinze is not playing CB for us anymore thank God. We really missed Saha but Tevez has done the same job this season and in midfield we have strength in depth. Not to mention Ronaldo and Rooney (once he stops trying to score fucking lobs).

Taylor

i am alien
Yeah, that shot where he was at an angle from the GK and tried to lob him (when he's a foot away from him...), I was like..."what the fuck!?"

Anyway, I still think Barcalona will win it. Even if they're going to have to cope the next round without their Argentinion, Maradona like, Lionel Messi. If Manchester United get them...and we play a 4-5-1 formation... I'll slap myself in disbelief laughing at Fergie's decision. THAT FORMATION DOESN'T FUCKING WORK...

Taylor

i am alien
I hear he's linked with Barcalona, or they might just be rumors. That would mean that Frank's leaving Barca to coach Chelsea, which is also another rumor. It's like a year ago, they both coached the opposite teams, (providing that they do make new deals with the clubs).

Anyway, Manchester United vs Portsmouth should be good today.

Taylor

i am alien
Fuck that...

We dominate possesion, dominate in statistics, and we attacked nearly every 2 minutes, but we still lose?

Man Utd 0 - Portsmouth 1

What a load of shit...The dream of the treble this year is over, now we're out of the FA Cup.

I'm looking forward to Inter vs. Liverpool, i think Inter is going to come back at home and kick Liverpool out, i would love that :D.

Taylor

i am alien
I'm looking forward to Inter vs. Liverpool
You and me, pal. However, can it really be that great when Inter need 2 goals? And if they do concede 1 goal, they need 4. That's a tough ask for even Inter at home, especially when it's Liverpool.

With that said, I don't want Liverpool going through, so, I'll be an Inter Milan fan for 90 minutes.

C'mon Barnsley!

Chelsea, and Utd. out, Possibly only 1 Premiership team left in the in the Semi-Final.

I must say, haven't seen a better FA cup in years

Taylor

i am alien
Barnsley for Champions League!?

With all sarcasm aside, Portsmouth are favourites now.

Well done, Barnsley!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)