The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
has he got his hand on his chest because he's just about to have a heart attack?

anyway 0-0 Cardiff Arsenal, I dunno who I wan to win - I don't much like Cardiff but seeing them get thrashed by Swansea next round would be ideal

"Ridiculous" is not enough to describe what happened today. Alonso should've been sent off in the challenge against Kalou where he got booked.

Fucking refs...

Quaresma to Chelsea is a huge positive move IMO. If only we had signed Robinho, stupid Man City.

Lampars Red Card has been reversed and he is not suspended for any league games. Fucking refs, seriously.

Wow, this board has around 1.3k posts, never imagined it would get this large >_>

I heard Chelsea was interested in dos santos? how true is this?

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, Manchester United look pretty unstoppable at the moment. Hopefully we can beat Blackburn and keep another clean sheet this weekend, and have Manchester City do us a favour against Liverpool.

Rooney scoring on his return was brilliant, the team selection against Blackburn could be an odd one though.

I can see Sir Alex potentially resting Ferdinand to give Evans a game in the middle with Vidic playing (as he misses the away leg against Inter anyway). Or perhaps both Ferdinand and Evans will play a part to keep fitness high on both parts.

I reckon Rafael will get the nod as Neville and Ferdinand are both lacking, while O'Shea got a knock against Fulham. However, if neither Neville, Brown or O'Shea are ready for Inter, that could pose a problem on our right side (though I'm sure Park will play against Inter, possible on the right to sure up the defence).

Nani will play against Blackburn over Park IMO, to rest Park for Inter. The central midfield is another tough one, I really don't know what Sir Alex will have in mind.

Carrick, Fletcher, Scholes, Giggs. Maybe he'll go for Fletcher and Giggs against Blackburn, then revert to Carrick and Scholes against Inter. Ronaldo always plays. Berbatov and Rooney should start IMO, but ideally I'd like to see us have the game won and take both of them off to rest for Inter before the hour mark. With Tévez coming on, and maybe Welbeck or Fletcher with Ronaldo going up top.

Van der Sar to keep another clean sheet, I think we'll win 2-0...

Havak

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah xD I want us to go to Swansea really, it'll be fun. I was really impressed with their performance in the first game against Fulham, I just hope Sir Alex doesn't rely too heavily on the younger talent if we have to go there, or the dream of winning all six trophies on offer would be gone.. :(

Man Utd vs Inter in 1.5 hours. Unfortunately our defence is fucked (seriously how does one manage to have 5 players that play CB unavailable at the same time), hopefully O'Shea is fit for a Fabio, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Evra backline.

I think we'll play 4-2-3-1
----- VDS
Fabio--O'Shea--Ferdinand--Evra
-----Carrick---Fletcher
---Ronaldo--Giggs--Rooney
--------Berbatov

In fact, swap Berbatov for Smith and ignoring the defence, that's the team we battered Roma with. I think that Giggs will be very important in keeping their midfield on the backfoot like he did against Chelsea since they have big, powerful CMs.

Havak

I can't see Park not starting against Inter, hence the recent rests in Premier League games. Big game player, like Fletcher. I see a more 442 formation still, even though Sir Alex is often more cautious in Champions League away legs.

-------------- Van der Sar ------------
O'Shea --- Ferdinand --- Evans --- Evra
Roanldo - Fletcher ------- Giggs -- Park
-------------------- Rooney ----------
-------------- Berbatov --------------

Subs: Kuszczak; Fábio, Eckersley; Carrick, Scholes, Nani; Tévez.

I have a sneaking suspiscion that both O'Shea and Evans will be fit, and I believe they should both start if so. Park, Fletcher, Giggs and Rooney are all hard workers with lots of energy, so that will help ups greatly for the majority of the match (though Carrick is just as likely to start as Fletcher). Berbatov will hold the ball up, which is why he should start over Tévez, hopefully he can keep working his magic to score big goals or make big goals.

First of i dident know this thread was here lol.

Man United vs Inter = Inter win 2-1 and im a United fan =(
Having said that you can't underestimate United's attack, with players like Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbatov who can win the match given half a chance!
Inter have some quality players of their own.
Both sides league form says it all, both teams look like running away with their league trophy's. However this is the Champions League and is 2 Leg Elimination.
Jose will be more familiar with Fergie's tactics as he has experinced the premiership. Whil Fergie is a verry experinced manager he has never managed a club in Serie A and might be slightly unfamilar with their defensive style of play, shutting out Man United's star players.
come 90 minutes i think Inter will win 2-1 because of United's defensive crises. The game at Old Trafford will be completely different come 15 days time.
lets hope its a great game!

COME ON UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Havak

Okay, so it's:

Van der Sar
O'Shea, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra
Park, Fletcher, Carrick, Ronaldo
Berbatov, Giggs

Not too bad, perhaps heavily relient on Berbatov or Ronaldo working a bit of magic though...

Man Utd really should be taking something back to Old Trafford - 0-0 isn't an especially bad result at the San Siro but given the first half performances of both teams I think they should've got something.

Havak

Yeah, I can't believe we didn't put a chance away. Maybe Rooney should've come on sooner, but Giggs' performance was quite excellent again.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I can't believe we didn't put a chance away. Maybe Rooney should've come on sooner, but Giggs' performance was quite excellent again.
I thought he was off-form last night. Gave possession away at times, and did not look convincing when one-on-one the situation presented itself. He should have put that chance away. And the defender was suspect to the cause of the situation -- not Giggs' great turn. That's why Mourinho substituted that defender at half-time.

Evans, Ronaldo, Carrick and Rooney were stand-outs for me. Evra, Rio and Park following closely behind. Berbatov was isolated upfront, and therefore could not productively engineer any goal-scoring opportunity.

Rooney should have been introduced earlier.

On another note: Liverpool and Chelsea -- lose!

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty pleased with 1-0 at Real. It will be a real boost, hopefully we can make it into the next round from that.

Yossi Benayoun is the best israeli ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)