Latios: 14
Mega Mawile: 13
Tyranitar: 11
Deoxys-S: 10
Bisharp: 7
Mega Scizor: 7
Manaphy: 6
Everyone Else: 8

Landorus wins the 10th and final spot! Landorus was a real force to be reckoned with throughout all of XY. Its excellent coverage combined with Sheer Force boosted moves with recoil-free Life Orb boosts made it one of the premier offensive threats of the generation. Even so, it fell under the radar somewhat as other top threats like Aegislash and Greninja stole the spotlight. Once they were banned, however, people started realizing just how dangerous Landorus was. With plenty of ways to blow past its normal checks, Landorus was nearly impossible to safely take on for slower teams, and its ability to sweep with Rock Polish made it scary for offensive teams as well. Because of this, it was eventually banned a few months into ORAS.

And with that, this project has come to a close! Sadly, I really don't have anything else planned for it at this point, but I think we could still leave it open for discussion. What do you think about how the list turned out? Are there any Pokemon you think should be higher or lower? If you were to rank your own Top 10 Titans list, what would it be? What would your list be like if it were just based on the metagame as it stands now rather than the generation as a whole? You don't have to stick to these exact questions, but they're at least a little something to get discussion going. Oh, and if anyone has any suggestions as to where this project can go from here, let me know!

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
Fantastic project. Really a great cap off to an amazing metagame, and thanks to Agent Gibbs for leading it.

If this list had a #11, I think it would easily go to Latios. Latios has consistently been a popular, splashable, and threatening Pokemon throughout all of the generation. Its ability to drop such strong Dracos allows it to push past many common threats and be a force to be reckoned with in the tier. Because of this, Fairy-types like Clefable, Mega Diancie, and Klefki are seen a lot more often. Plus, its good defensive typing allows it to check Mega Charizard Y and fast Electric-types like Raikou and Mega Manectric. Above all, I think the most significant impact that Latios has had on the metagame is the popularity of Pursuit. If it wasn't for Latios and his twin sister, Pokemon like Weavile, Mega Metagross, Scizor, and especially Tyranitar would lean towards other moves besides Pursuit. Pursuit trapping has made OU a more risky metagame that requires more aggressive plays and careful planning.

I'd just say that I'm really surprised Keldeo makes the list. Sure, Keldeo is a good Pokemon but normally you slap it on your team because you want a wallbreaker that can check Scizor, Bisharp and Weavile. In my opinion, Manaphy influenced the meta much more because at its peak, it just obliterates fat teams while Keldeo can get walled by the usual stuff and didn't exactly change the meta much. Of course, Keldeo is better in the metagame now but its impact wasn't across the tier.

Another thing I would like to touch on is that almost half the list has banned Pokemon in it. I'd think if we had something like a non-banned Pokemon list or started by being able to vote more than 1, we would get a completely different list.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd just say that I'm really surprised Keldeo makes the list. Sure, Keldeo is a good Pokemon but normally you slap it on your team because you want a wallbreaker that can check Scizor, Bisharp and Weavile. In my opinion, Manaphy influenced the meta much more because at its peak, it just obliterates fat teams while Keldeo can get walled by the usual stuff and didn't exactly change the meta much. Of course, Keldeo is better in the metagame now but its impact wasn't across the tier.
I think you just kinda answered your own concern about Keldeo. Like, even before you consider how disgusting KeldTar is, you look at the effect that Keldeo has had on teambuilding and it has definitely been incredibly major in that regard. The fact is that Bisharp and Weavile are both very difficult Pokémon to check, and it's ability to ease the matchup without being particularly difficult to fit onto a build is a huge boon for people trying to build--especially when you get one of the most dangerous attackers in the game at the same time. It is highly influencing to the teambuilder phase, both in terms of the way it's affected the teams its on (easing various incredibly tough matchups) and in terms of the way it affects opposing builds (its very easy to accidentally make a build where Keldeo comes in and invariably gets a kill, and as such it was a major contributor to the usage of Keld checks like Latios skyrocketing in usage).

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
6th gen was such a huge shift compared to 5th gen. the introduction of megas effectively added an additional set of 48 new pokemon making the metagame a lot more volatile as there were so much more threats to deal with. observing the list, the primary titans were offensive titans, being ones that influenced the metagame based on their offensive options they provided to the team as well warping the environment around them to unhealthy standards. this created a volatile metagame for the entirety of gen 6 and as a result created a borked up list like this.

perhaps we should have a top 10 titans list of mons that were available for the entirety of ORAS and XY as well. just to see how much different it is compared to this list from a "which pokemon does what role" kinda way.

I'm surprised that Mega-Scizor and Hoopa-Unbound aren't here. I kinda understand Hoopa because it wasn't present for so long, But Mega-Scizor has been a dominant force since Aegislash and Mega-Mawile ban. I think it could be perfectly swapped by Keldeo.

Thoughts on the final list:

Top 3 is pretty much perfect imo, personally not too sure about Goth being so high but MSab deserved top 5 either way. imo Lando-I should have been above Clef but apart from that the list is fine pm. Clef definitely belonged above Keld (Keld at #10 and Clef at #9), which it was, though. I feel Hoopa-U, Mega Maw or Deoxys-S could have made it somewhere there, but oh well.

Last edited:
Some thoughts:
Like several other people have mentioned, I don't really agree with gothitelle being so high up, when mega sableye influenced stall so much more than goth. But other than that I think that this list covers all of the major threats that were in gen 6, with smogbird, greninja, and lando-t. All I would really do with this list would be to push goth to the 8-10 spot, but this definitely was as accurate as the gen 5 list. Hopefully in 2-3 years there can be a list for gen 7.

I honestly think having banned mons kinda makes this list...incomplete?

Like yes, Greninja and Aegislash completely changed the meta but I feel that since they were banned, they're not "fair" to put on this list (or at least another list should be made). Meanwhile, Mega-Scizor, one of the most influential OU megas, isn't even on the list.

Top 3 is perfect, Goth should've been lower, Mega Sableye deserved to be in top 5 and Landorus-T should get #5-6. However, after that was where I have problems with the list. Talonflame should've been 10 if at all, and Keldeo shouldn't even be in top 10 imo. Landorus-I should be a couple spots higher (8 or 9) and Clefable is whatever, I really don't care about it. I was really diappointed that neither Deoxys forme got into the top 10 or Mega Mawile. Deoxys formes made HO really dominant and powerful and gave you a big advantage, and Mega Mawile had very little reason not to be used because of its power and typing.

My top 10 would be
Charizard X
Aegislash
Greninja
Mega Sableye
Landorus-T
Deoxys-S
Gothitelle
Clefable
Landorus-I
Mega Mawile

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Lando-T is the way too high imo (should be, like, 9 or 10) and Greninja should be in, like, sixth position. Lando-I should've been replaced by one of the Deos too; everything else looks right though.

Also if you think Goth is too high all I have to say is this:

That and it immensely aided it's user from a threat-management standpoint due to singlehandedly either beating or crippling virtually everything that gives stall difficulty.

Call me a vocal minority but I think Mega Sableye was overrated. Not so much so that it doesn't deserve a spot in the top 10. I acknowledge how it helped Stall in this meta which has so many growing threats but when it peaked was ORAS first being released, but that was really shiny new car smell. Then it peaked again with GothSable Stall but to be honest it was riding on the coat tails (and sort of still is coming in right being goth on the rankings) of Shadow Tag.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
Goth and lando-i should be replaced by latios and ttar, but otherwise list is legit. I mean msab is the face of stall, not goth. People can use dugtrio to replace goth, but there is no replacement to msab. And lando-i was used on maybe 7% of teams? It wasn't even broken. Latios and ttar have been staples throughout oras and in xy too. So much utility or raw power in one mon.

While I do think some mons namely clef should be higher overall I agree with this list. These mons bent the game to there wills in such a way they got banned (aegis), forever changed(zard x) or just sat at the top so long like clef they became the face of the meta .

Im just glad Latios is not on here. I think many are really overating it. Did little till after the aegisslash ban and even then couldn't truely shine till greninga died. I agree it's a good Mon and it's pbut compared to the impact on 6th those on the list and even stuff like mega maw/diancie/metagross had latios is but a flicker of dust.

Can't wait for next gen

Goth and lando-i should be replaced by latios and ttar, but otherwise list is legit. I mean msab is the face of stall, not goth. People can use dugtrio to replace goth, but there is no replacement to msab. And lando-i was used on maybe 7% of teams? It wasn't even broken. Latios and ttar have been staples throughout oras and in xy too. So much utility or raw power in one mon.
No offense but did you play during the time when Lando-I was allowed? It can do anything, from steamrolling Offense with Rock Polish, demolish Stall teams with Calm Mind or just run an AoA set (with U-Turn being thrown in for good measure). It was so good that people started to run SpD Gliscor, Zapdos and bulky Dragonite as counter-measures to it. In fact, the only reason Lati@s was used was because of Lando-I and even then it dies to Knock Off. It was such a terror to face that I'm sure most people were glad it got banned. I'm not even going to entertain the usage = viability argument.

Your Goth comparison is completely flawed. Dugtrio's Arena Trap and Zone's Magnet Pull can only trap a small pool of Pokemon. Goth's Shadow Tag has no such limitations and with a good movepool, it can be customised to remove your opponent's most threatening Pokemon at little to no cost. This is the reason why ABR Stall flourished as Goth can simple remove or cripple Pokemon that can break through the team while the rest of the team stall the opponent out. Offense also enjoys using Goth because it can just slap it on a team to get rid of a check / counter to their sweeper and power through the opponent effortlessly. Don't give me the prediction argument as prediction goes both ways and one wrong prediction equals GG for the Goth opponent. Goth's influence was so great that even Stallbreakers / Wallbreakers like Manaphy and Togekiss needs to run Shed Shell to avoid being trapped. It was the time when Stall was at the top of the ladder when Goth was allowed.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
No offense but did you play during the time when Lando-I was allowed? It can do anything, from steamrolling Offense with Rock Polish, demolish Stall teams with Calm Mind or just run an AoA set (with U-Turn being thrown in for good measure). It was so good that people started to run SpD Gliscor, Zapdos and bulky Dragonite as counter-measures to it. In fact, the only reason Lati@s was used was because of Lando-I and even then it dies to Knock Off. It was such a terror to face that I'm sure most people were glad it got banned. I'm not even going to entertain the usage = viability argument.

Your Goth comparison is completely flawed. Dugtrio's Arena Trap and Zone's Magnet Pull can only trap a small pool of Pokemon. Goth's Shadow Tag has no such limitations and with a good movepool, it can be customised to remove your opponent's most threatening Pokemon at little to no cost. This is the reason why ABR Stall flourished as Goth can simple remove or cripple Pokemon that can break through the team while the rest of the team stall the opponent out. Offense also enjoys using Goth because it can just slap it on a team to get rid of a check / counter to their sweeper and power through the opponent effortlessly. Don't give me the prediction argument as prediction goes both ways and one wrong prediction equals GG for the Goth opponent. Goth's influence was so great that even Stallbreakers / Wallbreakers like Manaphy and Togekiss needs to run Shed Shell to avoid being trapped. It was the time when Stall was at the top of the ladder when Goth was allowed.
The only lando-i set i was ever scared of was the ten move one. You know, cm/rock polish/earth power/hp ice/rock slide/psychic/sludge wave/knock off/focus blast/u-turn. You could scout it out most of the time. All the ORAS megas outsped it and could bop it with ice coverage (well diancie cant kill landorus but the point is 101 isn't that fast). If you say usage = viability is not an argument, well first of all stop being such an elitist. If the average ladder player doesn't care about landorus, then why ban it? But also then I can make the argument getting banned doesn't mean something is good. Hell, back then people wanted altaria and metagross to get banned. They were wrong about those, and they were (in my opinion) wrong about landorus too.

Also when you say
Goth's Shadow Tag has no such limitations and with a good movepool, it can be customised to remove your opponent's most threatening Pokemon at little to no cost.
What good movepool? the only move people were really scared of was trick. Its coverage was terrible, basically limited to tbolt, shadow ball, stab, and hp ice. Customize it to beat anything my ass.
Dugtrio's Arena Trap can only trap a small pool of Pokemon.
I really pray for your sanity. Every mon except flying, ghosts, and levitators is a "small pool"? Lol. Also, ABR Stall had a weavile version, right? doesn't that mean goth was replaceable? Yet almost all good stall teams have sableye. I'm not saying goth wasn't dumb, im saying it is not the face of stall - sableye is.
It was the time when Stall was at the top of the ladder when Goth was allowed.
Hello do you even play ladder? Stall is at the top right now, using dugtrio. They don't need fucking goth! So I still think you're wrong. But hey, I guess your ten move landorus and 10 move gothitelle can remove literally anything and thus sweep every team, so i must be the one who's wrong.

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The only lando-i set i was ever scared of was the ten move one. You know, cm/rock polish/earth power/hp ice/rock slide/psychic/sludge wave/knock off/focus blast/u-turn. You could scout it out most of the time.
by that logic greninja shouldn't have been banned too. hell even aegislash shouldn't even be banned by that logic. jesus christ. lando-i was a mon that had an ability that gave it a choice specs boost and the freedom to use boosting moves / switched up moves. most of the time earth power and sludge wave were enough to scare the entire meta. couple that with the fact that you had something that could easily be fit onto the most standard OU core in the history of OU aka lando keldeo trapper, it made it all the more powerful and potent. lando-i was something that can be slapped on any archetype. stall used it as their stall breaker because it had enough bulk to come in on hits, balanced used it as their offense breaker since one rock polish cleans up games, and offense used it as their stall breaker because CM easily shat on stall without issues.
All the ORAS megas outsped it and could bop it with ice coverage (well diancie cant kill landorus but the point is 101 isn't that fast).
are you kidding me? then why was mega mawile banned? you do know that 100 was that standard up till end of XY? even in ORAS when 110 became the standard, rock polish easily solved that issue esp if you paired it with something that help you gain momentum from lando-i. the way you're speaking rly feels like you have zero knowledge about lando-i when it comes to a competitive setting. lando-i is something comparable to hoopa-u. it's much more offensive and stronger than hoopa-u and can easily achieve what you wanted out of it. what's worse is that the average counters to lando-i can't switch in on it's coverage. unless you have like millenium's eye and you can see through your opponent's team then otherwise you better hope you can scout out it's moves without losing a few mons or chipping off a lot of health from your other team mates.
If you say usage = viability is not an argument, well first of all stop being such an elitist. If the average ladder player doesn't care about landorus, then why ban it? But also then I can make the argument getting banned doesn't mean something is good. Hell, back then people wanted altaria and metagross to get banned. They were wrong about those, and they were (in my opinion) wrong about landorus too.
it's not just the average ladder players that we should concern ourselves when it comes to bans. people who solely play this game for the tournament scene instead of just laddering have hugely voice opinions on lando-i esp since it's a mon that largely dictated games in tours where the checks / counters are passive to the point where you can't easily fit them on offense and the offensive checks of lando-i are easily removed by the common lando keldeo trapper core. the problem with the latter two is that they are things that fluctuate to the meta rather than forcing the meta to fluctuate around them. your opinions about lando is your opinion, i can't fault you for that, but the fact of the matter is, lando-i wasn't just something you can say "oh lemme hp ice it and my game is done". it's best partners gave lando-i so much momentum and the ability to selectively choose your checks is something that most metagame shapers possess. if lando-i only had access to sand force then perhaps it'd be just an average threat. but the powerful SFLO boosted moves allows you to wreck much more havoc than need be because majority of our spdef checks are incredibly passive in nature. that's a sad fact we face in this current metagame.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sorry this is about to be a wall. They call me the Donald.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the current list tbh. I think a lot of people were more focused on the effect Pokemon had on a team building standpoint then the actual metagame, which is why stuff like Hoopa-U was being nommed when it shouldn't even be in the top 15 IMO. Not only was Hoopa-U hyped up for a small amount of time before it was banned, outside of having no switch-ins and kind of invalidating standard stall, it's nothing compared to what something like Landorus had on the metagame, which not only 6-0ed stall but also had its way with practically anything slower than it lacking an Ice-type move, and unlike Hoopa its Speed was good for a wallbreaker. Depending on what set it ran Landorus could realistically destroy stall, balance, and offense on team preview. Landorus was not only team restrictive, but it also swayed match ups heavily in the users favor because of how hard it was so safely scout for its moveset. Anyways, here's my personal opinion on what I think should be the top 10 of 6th gen:

1. Aegislash
2. Greninja
3. Clefable
4. Mega Scizor
5. Mega Zard-X
6. Mega Sableye
7. Deoxys-S
8. Landorus
9. Gothitelle
10. Landorus-T

I know I voted for Zard-X to be #1, but that was only because Aegi had no way of winning and I would rather see this in 1 than something like Lando-T. But yeah, nothing compares to Aegislash's impact on the meta, and while it wasn't around during ORAS its dominance was bigger than anything we've ever seen in a long time. The sheer amount of 50/50s it created, the insane amount of Pokemon it invalidated or made unviable, and how practically every match was centered around trying to kill Aegislash. It was extremely splashable, versatile, and unpredictable, and depending on what set it ran it theoretically had no reliable counters and it had very few reliable checks due to King's Shield. Zard-X may have been good the entire gen, but lets be real, Aegislash was the best Pokemon in gen 6, and anyone who played XY should have put this at #1 too IMO.

Greninja was much like Aegislash in how it was very hard to deal with offensively and defensively. Its Speed tier was incredible and with its insane coverage and Protean you would have to rely on really fast shit like Mega Manectric, Mega Zam, or a Scarfer. Defensively there was pretty much nothing outside of fat waters like Milotic or something, especially once it got Gunk Shot and Low Kick which just pushed it over the edge. Offense had a really hard time checking it, and fat teams were just dismantled by its coverage. Definitely the best offensive Pokemon of gen 6 by far. It set the bar for Speed tiers, and that's bad considering it was faster than Zam lol.

Clefable wasn't as good in XY as it was in ORAS because of Aegi and Mega Mawile, but it was still really solid and once those two left it was basically god tier for the rest of XY and into ORAS. I'm honestly not sure why it was put AFTER Lando-T, like wtf. Yeah Lando-T is really splashable but Clef's impact on the tier overall has been huge. It's easily the most consistent Pokemon this gen outside of Aegi, because it just does so much for teams and its ability to just BS it way through half the tier with its Calm Mind set is incredible. So many matches have been decided on Clef sweeps, and pretty much anything that is hard walled by Clef is automatically looked down upon because letting it set up is so dangerous. Clefable can do practically anything you want it to, and with its massive movepool it can be tailored to fit pretty much any current meta trend, such as running Flame on its CM set when offensive Steels were everywhere, or T-wave when half of its checks become set up fodder once they're paralyzed. Clef is a lot like Aegislash in how it is able to swing so many games in the player's favor, but it's balanced unlike Aegi so there's that.

Four and five were really hard for me, because both of these megas have easily been the most consistent this whole gen. I ultimately decided on Mega Scizor at 4 because Zard-X towards the middle of ORAS took a pretty big hit, whereas Mega Scizor has always remained dominant this whole gen. Mega Scizor to me defines gen 6 bulky offense. It has the perfect balance of bulk and offensive presence, and with its great typing it's a perfect fit for so many teams because it just patches up a lot of weaknesses. It was very popular in XY because it could check Aegislash and set up on it, but as the meta game evolved it became more offensive to deal with shit like Heatran or Rotom-W when they started popping up more. Mega Scizor has always been a huge problem for many teams, and it's common knowledge that if you don't pack multiple answers to it, you're almost always going to lose. It's definitely been the most consistent mega this entire gen. I've already talked about Zard-X.

Mega Sableye is honestly not that great of a Pokemon, but it's impact on the tier has been very significant. Outside of specific Pokemon, most of OU's common rockers will almost always fail to get up hazards versus Mega Sab teams, and any that do are usually handled by something like Duggy. Its centralized the hazard metagame to a point where it can win games just by team preview, especially when some teams depend a lot on hazards to sweep. It's such a bullshit Pokemon that just has to sit there and spam Recover or Knock Off to keep all forms of hazards off the field, and with its typing/bulk it's not that easy to kill. No Pokemon this gen has been able to centralize the entry hazard meta as much as Sab, except for maybe....

Deoxys-S wasn't around as long as most of the things on this list, but when it was around Deo-S created an entirely different metagame. Our current metagame is slower paced and focuses more on bulky hard hitters, but Deo-S meta was extremely offensive and fast paced. Deo's ability to get hazards on the field is insane, because it's amazing how much SR and 1 layer of Spikes can do for something like RP Lando or CB Genesect. Suddenly the Pokemon that were meant to check stuff like Mega Mawile or Lando were now 2HKOed, and anything that could cause you to lose momentum could single handedly lose you the game. Stall and even balance teams were almost unviable at this point in the meta, and shit like CB Talonflame, RP Lando, Mega Pinsir, Mega Mawile, Greninja, Genesect, and Bisharp reigned supreme. Speaking of which, the coveted DeoSharp made removing hazards even more difficult, thus making Deo-S that much better. I'm honestly in shock that it's not even on this list at all. It was around for quite a bit during XY, so it's not like we didn't get to see it in action.

Landorus lol, I already explained it above. Fuck this thing though.

I put Goth below Mega Sableye simply because most of its major hype came from the core it formed with Mega Sableye, and how it was used to trap everything that gave Mega Sab and its teammates issues. Without Mega Sab, Goth was still influential, but Sab really put it in the spotlight. Still, its ability to trap major stall breakers such as Manaphy and Mega Heracross was insane, as well as shit like CM Clef or Heatran. Even outside of stall it was still able to trap anything that gave your team issues, and while it wasn't very splashable, it still did its job every time. I don't think it was more influential than Mega Sableye, but during its stint in OU, it was very influential in that period of time.

Honestly #10 was a toss up between a lot of things for me, mainly Manaphy, Torn-T, and Chomp. Ultimately I decided on Lando-T because much like Clef it's always been very good for most of the gen, and its impact is huge on a team building standpoint because of how splashable it is and how it practically holds the tier together. I think team building would feel a lot different and more restrictive without Lando-T, and that is enough to give it a spot on my list.

Sorry for the wall. Hope some people learned from it though!

Last edited:
This was very interesting to see and remember the Pokémon that were highlighted during this generation.
Now, what do you guys think about a similar thread, but searching look at the 10 teams titans of the metagame, highlighting teams that stood out and became common in ladder and tournaments.
(As an example CleanerThanRotom-W stall, which led to a simultaneous suspect (Gothi/Sab) and that would certainly be one of the memorable teams of this generation.)

PS: If the post was inappropriate for the topic, I'm sorry and feel free to remove it.

This was very interesting to see and remember the Pokémon that were highlighted during this generation.
Now, what do you guys think about a similar thread, but searching look at the 10 teams titans of the metagame, highlighting teams that stood out and became common in ladder and tournaments.
(As an example CleanerThanRotom-W stall, which led to a simultaneous suspect (Gothi/Sab) and that would certainly be one of the memorable teams of this generation.)

PS: If the post was inappropriate for the topic, I'm sorry and feel free to remove it.
I've been asked about this already and my stance is that the RMT archive covers this well enough, to the point where a thread would not achieve anything notable.

Im a bit surprised about the top ten. Sure, all of them are big threats but for example Zard-X had just it phase. Seems to be #1 because it was pretty recently. I remember Altaria in the same position.^^ Other pokemon also had its OP-Phase of course but if i view over the two years the absoluteley meta defining Pokemon is ...Landorus-T!

I dont have to count its possibillities, everyone used it and it is in the top usage since gen 6 every time. But also from freeling it is in 4 of 5 teams. For good reason. I hated it a long time because no matter how you counter it, it can do something in every situation. No better OU Definition than this creature.

2. to 4. are the banned mons which were an enigma to me. They got used a lot but I never had trouble with them (Means not more than other threats) and they just magically disappeard. The most intensive connection i have with them is when the ladder got resetted and all your high ladder score is done. Multiple times. Still makes me angry now >=C Ah... AND the usage of Uglybird dropped drastically.

5. Sableye. Classic. You hate it if you face it, you love it if you play it. Reasonable top ten but to high for my taste.

I think i made my opinion clear to #6. Reasonable #7. Clefable the most viable OU pokemon. Definiteley Top 10, i could even understand if its #1. #9 top ten now but . #10 Is one of the suspects i recognized. Because it used Earthpower instead of EQ like the normal lando. But i wouldnt say it influenced the Meta that much.

My top OU influencig pokemon would be more like
(
)

These are at least the mons that would completeley change the Meta if they gonna be banned or lasting influenced it when they got released (looking at lopunny).
Just realized heatran and rotom arent even in the list while heatran is the one who tossed lando from #1 multiple times and rotom is the definition of an annoyer. Especially at the beginning of gen6 i remember rotom as suber annoying.

Last but not least i want to fully trigger the loved smogon community: Zard is overrated and only that dangerous because you dont know which mega it has!!!

Last edited:

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Last but not least i want to fully trigger the loved smogon community: Zard is overrated and only that dangerous because you dont know which mega it has!!!
Except the fact that any competent player should be able to spot a Zard-Y build from a mile away and if you see a Zard on any other kind of build, 99% of the time it's probably Zard-X. I don't feel the need to go into detail about why Zard-X is so dangerous because anyone who actually team builds and plays the meta should know that it can be very difficult to handle even with Pokemon such as defensive Lando-T and Azumarill at our disposal.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I just saw this was a thing and there's no reason Gothitelle should be on this list anywhere, but especially considering Ttar isn't here. Tar has been one of the most consistent Pokemon ever, but has always been a big threat in Gen VI. Whether its the support set on sand teams (which have been a major threat since, like, 2014) to Scarf (which was a major threat always but especially when electrics and birds were everywhere), to banded (which now helps deal with the ever-popular stall teams), to DD Mega Tar (which was a huge threat in mid XY and even continued until the beginning of ORAS), Ttar has always been a staple of the metagame.

Gothitelle wasn't even that good, it just was used on one type of stall team and then got banned. Not nearly as influential as Ttar has been this Gen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)