The Well #47 - Birkal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of.

He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Wednesday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer."

The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down, "Why not on Wednesday?"

A voice from in the well shouts back, "Because on Wednesday..."

Hello everyone; I'm Birkal! I'm honored to have a well, so let's get things rolling. I'll try to be brief in this opening post so that I can give you guys plenty of topics to explore with your questions. Let's boogaloo.

My name is Paul and I'm from central Wisconsin, born and raised. If you look at the palm of your right hand, I live around where your second and third fingers start, haha. I grew up in a loving home with my older sister, mom, and dad. I'm currently 20 years old and I attend a small, private college in northeastern Iowa. In terms of academics, I'm a double major in both music and biology with a minor in education. This degree will allow me to teach K-12 in both subjects, so it's a nifty deal. My primary instrument is piano (I'm preparing for my junior recital in the spring), but I study choral education for music.

In terms of hobbies, I have a pretty wide variety of things I like to do. I practice piano a lot; that usually comes first on any given day. Other than that, I play plenty of video games when I get the chance. I also love a good book, but haven't had the chance to read as of late. I've participated in a bunch of stuff, including musicals, plays, tennis team, CURLING TEAM, jazz band, marching band, orchestra, Spanish club, madrigal choirs, food council, and a bunch of other good stuff. I also like to swim (I live on a lake) and run, so that helps keep me active in college when I'm bogged down with homework! I'm a sociable guy, so I like to make lots of friends and spend quality time with them.

My views on the world, politics, and religion are pretty unique, so feel free to ask lots of questions about those. I'm technically a Christian, but I guess the denomination I'd describe myself as falling into is Evangelical Free. I have a pretty practical view on "religion", so I don't necessarily see eye to eye with other Christians. Also, I am generally conservative by nature, I tend to get along with liberals better (my college is extremely liberal and I fit in just fine). Yeah, feel free to dig into this stuff with some questions; I'd love to philosophize with you guys.

On Smogon, I do a bunch of different things. I've actually lurked CAP for years; I saw Arghonaut when it was completed. I started posting seriously around December of 2011 in DST (and OU C&C somewhat). That expanded into co-leading Dream World with Tobes (which I quit when Blaziken was banned screw you guys >:|). CAP2 got started in there somewhere, so I jumped on board and contributed furiously in CAP. In Smogon, I really like to contribute towards community projects, specifically by helping others formulate and refine their ideas. The cat got out of the bag that I can apparently draw too (the story behind that is interesting), so I also help out with art for The Smog. You can pretty much see me scattered all over Smogon; if you don't see me posting there, then assume I am lurking, haha. Feel free to ask me more about what I do; the list is more expansive than this!​

There, that should be a good introduction. I will try my absolute best to give completely honest answers, so don't ask questions you really don't want answers to, haha. I'll try my best to keep on top of questions, but I hope you understand that my schedules a bit busy! I can't wait to see what kinds of questions you guys have. Let's get this party started =)

Birkal :)

Username origin stories are fascinating to me. So I'll ask:

Where does your username come from? why did you choose it?

Do you like cats?
What is your opinion on Australia/ will you ever visit it?
Purugly is cute y/y
Will you ever admit that I trounced you in the art fight?
What is your stance on the existence of God?
Opinion on gay marriage?
Obama or Romney?
Favourite book you have read?
What do you love about Rotom?
Favourite tier?
Prettiest badge?
Nicest user?
What do you use for your art?
Are you self taught? If so, how did you teach yourself?
Greatest accomplishment on Smogon?
A part of the site you want to get more involved in?
Badge you're proudest of?
Biggest regret?
Family's religious views?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
why are all of your posts so long, if that OP was brief then my name is susie, and it's not

what's with the obsession over rotom, like that's the weirdest mon to me for someone to have an unhealthy fetish over, and i've seen folg's latias fetish and ritter's purugly fetish

favorite instrument to play besides the piano?

bourbon chicken sometime ? y/y

favorite and least favorite part of living in wisconsin

what made you decide to go to the college you're at now, the music program there?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
What do you think of /birkal? Do you regret requesting it?

GS EDIT: he'd better regret requesting it

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since you are in both music and biology I'd like to know how your studies and practices in the one field have helped to inform the other, or just how your studies in music have informed your greater sense of learning/life living.

For my general well question now: What was the last play you saw, what did you think of it?

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
Birkal do you love me
Birkal do you regret the funny picture of you I have in my possession
Birkal what's your hot sister's name

we live in the same state now that's pretty cool (oh wait I knew this already!)

Do you enjoy living in Iowa?
What's your opinion on the election rush that's going on in the area right now (in my neck of the woods anyway)?
If you were a color what color would you be?
Do you feel like you have a lot to live up to as the first Community Contributor?
Describe your favorite food.

My question is simple.

How the FUCK are you so nice to everyone?

But seriously you're one of the best users on Smogon.
How do you do it without becoming bitter towards the users of this vile website?

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As a leader, is it better to be loved or feared?

Sacrificing a few without their consent to save many. This is a.) honorable b.) morally acceptable c.) morally reprehensible

Legend states that in their duel, Hamilton did not even fire at Burr, who had challenged him to the duel. Is this honorable or stupid?

Is the key to leadership admitting you may have been wrong or thinking that you can succeed if you stick to your beliefs until the end?

Are people more inherently evil or inherently good?

Favorite composer who focused on the piano?

Is anyone not impressed by the number of fanboys this user has?

RODAN

Banned deucer.
why are you so fickle towards me?

mfk; superman goku hitmonlee

if you had the chance to travel back in time and say one thing to your parents before you were born, what would it be?

LightBlueMist

(´・ω・`)
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Are you prepared for the amount of questions you are going to get?

What are your favorite music genres? And what bands/artists do you enjoy?

Favorite video game genres?

Top 5 TV shows?

Top 5 movies?

Would you consider yourself OCD in any way?

Why are you so adorable?

What is your quest?
What is your favorite form of Rotom?
What is your favorite animal?
What is your favorite primate?
Which is better, Baboons or Mandrills?
How many fingers am I holding up?
What got you involved in the Create a Pokemon Project?
What was your favorite CAP you worked on and why?
Is Trick Room great? y/y
Which day is your's in the well?
Has anyone ever disliked you at all? Ever?

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I feel terrible that I only really know you for posting the earthworm pecs picture in response to my rpsi entry

So, are there any other online communities that you are involved with? Why are you involved in them?

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
How amazing am I?
How would you describe our relationship?
Am I the cutest user in grammar?
What would you do without my glorious singing?
Did you know you're pretty awesome?

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
CAP Questions incoming!

Favourite CAP?
Least Favourite CAP?
Most Successful CAP (in your opinion)?
Least Successful CAP (In your opinion)?

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
birkal how powerful is our love

I still have bojangleslullaby.wav on my computer and it came up on shuffle thoughts???

favorite band / song?

if you had to erase one rotom form from existance which would it be

what's the CRAZIEST thing you've done?

what age group of children do you want to teach?

Birdkal or Birkal?

BIRKAL <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)