The World Cup of Pokémon X - Round 1 (Read Post #800)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Machamp wouldn't have faced Raikou head-on had it not gotten the ch on Skarm. I'm no lavoscalc but even a doubled crit rate isn't very high, that still has a 51% chance to kill and Cross Chop isn't exactly known for its accuracy. Also Moonlight's team was every bit as predictable/known/whatever as Case's so let's try to remain fair and objective and shit

Lavos

Banned deucer.
i am lavoscalc

chance of +1 machamp cc killing full hp skarm is 10.2%, fire blast burn is 8.5%, ice beam freeze with 4 used is approximately 34%. combined is 0.26%

chance of raikou hitting all 3 thunders + paralyzing with 1 + getting 1 fp is about 6.5%. flinching zapdos once with rock slide is 27%. combined is 1.75%

so yes, italy got a little bit luckier, or actually around 7 times luckier than central. such is pokemon

i am lavoscalc

chance of +1 machamp cc killing full hp skarm is 10.2%, fire blast burn is 8.5%, ice beam freeze with 4 used is approximately 34%. combined is 0.26%

chance of raikou hitting all 3 thunders + paralyzing with 1 + getting 1 fp is about 6.5%. flinching zapdos once with rock slide is 27%. combined is 1.75%

so yes, italy got a little bit luckier, or actually around 7 times luckier than central. such is pokemon
*Facepalm*: what really matters is not "chances of things happening", but "impact on the game".
Whatever... nice EQ vs Zapdos, Marowak died, Cubone cried!

You should look how the hax influenced the game, more than how many lucky effects you got :)
Without cchop crit moonlight was anyway in better condition for the win, starmie died, marowak was sleeping and he could easly switchback whenever the oppo could try to heal bell, without that ch moonlight would have been anyway in a better condition than cased.

Cased with that para + fps on Machamp kinda destroyed moonlight's winning condition haxing his sweeper, so i think we can say that was probably much more important than the previous crit.

Btw after that moon did a freeze after 4 ice beam while the oppo was trying to stall him,( wow goddamn hax) that was much important BUT not needed without raikou overhax :/, then there was a paraflinch and a fire blast burn, but the first had some cool % so i wouldn't call it hax, and the second was quite useless ^O^

instead of saying omgomg italian luck, look (!!) with more attention at the damn replay rofl, they both made some mistakes but srsly i think the only good move cased did is switching marowak on zapdos, but ehi! he did eq and took an hp ice in the face, so actually you are really telling me you think you'd have DESERVED that win? :°D
bb i go eat spaghetti GRTZ MOONLAIT

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I wouldn't bring up being unbeaten after playing only 1 or 2 games. After playing the 10th game and a team still remains unbeaten, that's something to brag about. The chance of Brazil and U.S. East both making it to the finals again this year is about 1/100. I wouldn't be surprised if both teams were eliminated before Round Three.

Last edited:

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
Made two mistakes in game 3, a double switch I should have made Golem vs Chansey to Lapras vs Eggy instead of staying in, and a 12 HP non-statused Snorlax I sent one turn too early vs a paralysed Chansey (I couldn't Rest anymore with the 511 glitch, too bad for the +2/+1 Snorlax...). I probably should have let Starmie in vs Jynx early game too.

The hax was verrrrrryyyy ugly game 3 and quite a bit game 2. Great two first games, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)