The World Cup of Pokemon VII - Round 1 [UPDATE: SEE POST #1024 & #1039]

Status
Not open for further replies.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
My concern about this is that he did not disconnect from IRC at the same time but 5 minutes later, right after I noticed it and told it on Ever Grande City (The server we were playing on.)
Obviously he did reconnect neither on Smogon.com nor on Ever Grande City... Though he apparently reconnected on IRC, according to some of my teammates (Only on #macondo, not on #wcop).
sigh you seem to be too damn slow to understand what has already been explained to you.

you dont instantly disconnect from IRC when you suffer a DC. why the fuck do you think the /ghost command exists? to troll people? when you suffer a DC your name appears online but you are without connection.

[17:12] * @am (i@m.not.lost.just.wandering) Quit (Ping timeout)

I already explained you what that means, but you seem too stuck up to understand. lets twist shit some more to make it seem like am cheated!!!

he reconnected on his phone, not on his computer, as his internet was down. he came back on to let us know the situation and then left again.

In a few minutes I will be leading to bed and we might be unable to have our battle done.
the weekend doesnt include monday, you still have all of monday to play.

Also it was 2 minutes tops, not 5, get your shit right before making such statements

[17:11] <reyscarface> so whats gonna happen now
[17:11] * Mizuno (~Mizuno@2B5EAB83.D40367F6.80B2E20B.IP) has joined #la
[17:11] * ChanServ sets mode: +ao Mizuno Mizuno
[17:12] * @am (i@m.not.lost.just.wandering) Quit (Ping timeout)

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Reyscarface, your dedication to your team is great but can you please avoid using terms suchs as "too damn slow", "fuck" or "shit" ? That annoys me because I would like an honest debate over this subject. If I wanted your pointless salty opinion I would have knocked at your door. I didn't.
Guess who is, and I quote you, "too damn slow", now ? The main point of my post is not about am having "cheated" (The word is big) or not. I will let you figure this out since you're such a smart boy.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Avoiding everything I said, a good technique.

I dont care if its not the main point of your post. You called out am on cheating, im calling you out on making false statements to make your argument look stronger and purposely ignoring everything weve told you.

I cant speak for am on the first half of your post, but I can say the second half of it is full of shit.

And you dont have to "knock at my door". Youre posting against my team in a forum. You should expect me to defend my teammate and my team. If you didnt want to make this public for anyone maybe you should have PMd instead of posting. Think twice before doing shit.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
THIS IS SUCH A GOOD COMPETITIVE GAME LOL!
It is what it is. It's happened to everyone, we can show you the log of panamaxis vs Giga Punch if you like (which is probably 100 x worse as well). I'd be probably more salty then you are currently if it happened to our team, but at the end of the day this "competitive game" is full of luck lol. Locopoke lost the biggest tournament on Smogon off a Stone Miss after all.

kenny s still hasn't responded to my vm that I sent several days ago. If he's not going to respond and play, please sub him out because I don't want an activity win, I want to play.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
Here is my situation, gentlemen.

June 13th : The round #1 is posted by user Bloo.
On June 14th, I left a message on 6A9 Ace Matador's VM wall. He still hasn't answered it two whole weeks later.
During this time, did he contact me by any mean ? Absolutely not. He just sat on his Internet Glory Throne waiting for me to creep to him. His official excuse is that we, and I quote him "share an IRC channel" in the name of #macondo. Terrific. My main concern about this fact is that he never approached me on this previously mentioned channel.
I tried several times to battle him by staying online at all hours and leaving him VM, unsuccessfully. Obviously, the approaching deadline did not seem to bug him, not even a little bit.
Yesterday I learnt that I would be off internet for the whole week-end, so I came to 6A9 Ace Matador's lair (#macondo) to ask him to play during the evening or the night. He denied my challenge because there was football going on. He explicitly told me to come back today so we can play. I gently accepted his proposal.
Today, I came back to #macondo so we can play, but there was another football match going on, so I waited for him by calling his name on different IRC channels such as #wcop, #macondo or even #pokemon to be sure that he'd notice it. Around 10.45 pm when the football was over, I asked him to play, explaining how I'd be off internet for the whole week-end. I was kinda upset because he didn't bother answering my messages until then and because the deadline was very close now because of my situation. (Note : All of this could have been avoided if he answered me... Internet Glory Throne, here you go.) That's when he began to become the worst John ever. (and I'm even putting a capital on this) Apparently he HAD to watch Nadal's defeat despite the situation. At this point of the evening, he knew that I would be offline until the deadline. I loudly insisted and even contacted Bloo so he can help us to get unstuck. Bloo obviously helped us, and 6A9 Ace Matador finally surrended by accepting to play before the deadline.
(Fun fact : Just so you can gauge how malevolent this guy is, he asked if he would be granted an activity win over me so he can be seed #1 in his group, seeing that I'm currently 0-2 aswell as franky and davidness is 2-1. To me, that sounds like someone avoiding a risky battle. Whatever.) He also told me that he would go to bed under 20 minutes.
Finally, as I was saying it, he accepted to play in a hurry, because his mom might turn his internet off in a minute. I had to afk for FOUR MINUTES which seemed awful to him despite his FOURTEEN DAYS uninterrupted johning session. We began to play and then after some turns during the battle he suddenly disconnected. Well it happens. My concern about this is that he did not disconnect from IRC at the same time but 5 minutes later, right after I noticed it and told it on Ever Grande City (The server we were playing on.)
Obviously he did reconnect neither on Smogon.com nor on Ever Grande City... Though he apparently reconnected on IRC, according to some of my teammates (Only on #macondo, not on #wcop).
By the time I reconnected on IRC (which I left for the battle to avoid any lag issue), he left it. He didn't contact me after his disconnection by any mean, and this bothers me a lot.

In a few minutes I will be leading to bed and we might be unable to have our battle done. I just want people to know whose fault it is.
I would also thank reyscarface for his insults which led me to insult him back. I truly apologize to the Ever Grande City server staff for having been rude on their server but I clearly had a great matchup vs am when he "disconnected". I'm skeptical about the genuineness of this disconnection and I would like to know what I should do now that I'm unable to play until deadline.

Have a nice day.
No need to answer a VM when we see eachother most days. I approached both franky, week 1, and davidness the following week. I planned to challenge you on the third week, and as you may or may not know, I play almost exclusively on the weekends when important games are concerned.

Despite having rejected your initial proposal (notably, I explained I had to go in around 20 minutes), I decided to throw together a team from scratch in a few minutes, and challenged you on IRC, via a PM window -- you disconnected moments after. I had to then PM bluewind / blue to go find you on french time, and you then decided to come on IRC, and tell me you "had to poop" despite knowing the time constraints surrounding the battle. Upon your return, and the initiation of the battle, my internet disconnected a few turns in. Despite your absurd team matchup comments, which are of course baseless, the positions were even at 5-5, with me having the initiative, leaving me absolutely no reason to disconnect, and I find this accusation stupid and unecessary.

reyscarface has already explained to you (as, I'm sure could any IRC user worth their salt) that it was a "legit" D/C, and my recconection was done on my iPhone, to inform my team of what had transpired -- I did not contact you because you were not on #macondo, or any other channel I shared (due to what I suspect was a netsplit) it would have been pointless for me to stay online soley to explain to you what other teammates or your own logic could deduce.

I am willing to accept a full rematch with the exact same moves, although you are busy for the last 4 days before the deadline, I suppose a substitution would not be too much to ask when such a big deal is being made over this game by you, but the TD's can decide.

tl;dr: agamemmnon was watching the throne, and he let me into my zone :jump:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)