Tournament of Second Chances (Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tournament Approved by Earthworm

You feelin' lucky, punk? Well, unfortunately for you, you're going to need a lot more than luck to win this tournament. The Tournament of Second Chances is designed to promote skill above all else as the deciding factor on who wins. If you think the only thing preventing you from winning a major tournament is your bad luck, then now's your chance to prove it.

WARNING: This tournament is a big commitment. Be sure to read all the rules carefully before signing up. I reserve the right to reject anybody who I believe did not read the rules completely before signing up.

Standard Rules (as defined in this thread):

• Singles
  • 6v6
  • 4th Generation
  • No Ubers
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Self-KO Clause
  • Battle Timeout
Non-Standard Rules:

• Each player must submit up to 5 teams before the tournament starts
    • You can only use one of these 5 teams in every match for this entire tournament.
    • You cannot change any part of any of these teams at any time throughout the tournament.
    • If you do not have 5 teams to submit, you are allowed to enter with less, but just note that you will not be allowed to submit more teams later on in the tournament. In other words, you will be restricting yourself to however many teams you initially submit.
  • Best of 3 Matches
    • Only the loser may switch teams for the next match.
  • Double Elimination
  • In order for your signup post to be counted, it must contain all three of these words in it: "count", "me", and "in". You may post these words in any order you want, or in the middle of a sentence even, so long as I see those three words somewhere in your post. I'm only doing this to ensure that everybody who signs up has actually read these rules.
  • All logs must be saved and turned in to verify that both players used an exact team from their team bank. If you cannot provide a log, you will be asked to do a rematch. This obviously makes it the winner's responsibility if they want their win to be counted! DON'T FORGET TO DO THIS!!!
This tournament will be either 64- or 128-man depending on how many people sign up, and user: jumpluff will be co-hosting this with me. Player lists will be determined based on 62.5% First Come, First Serve, and 37.5% randomized (in other words, the standard method). Rounds will last one week apiece with the possible exception of Round 1 lasting two weeks due to the sheer volume of people (if this hits 128). I will be very strict on round deadlines, because needing to build a team is not an issue for this tournament. I encourage everybody to post when they are active and ready to play so that I can gauge activity at the end of the round. Otherwise, unfinished match advancements will be decided on coin tosses.

That being said, may you all have neutral luck, and may the best player win!

-----

People who signed up correctly and are eligible to play:

1. SilentEcho
2. Lady Bug
3. hanke
4. Lakers
5. Megan_Fox
6. locopoke
7. 6A9 Ace Matador
8. JabbaTheGriffin
9. purplefingers
10. Mercy
11. goofball
12. Eo Ut Mortus
13. Iconic
14. B-Lulz
15. Sapientia
16. smashlloyd20
17. Lizardman
18. StevenSnype
19. reyscarface
20. Kevin Garrett
21. San_Pellegrino
22. Optimusje
23. IronBullet93
24. Random Pizzaman
25. zdrup15
26. Requiem[9]
27. AlphaJolt
28. uclafan101
29. Shace
30. Curtains
31. Agammemnon
32. Scimjara
33. Hawk Eye
34. Deep Thought
35. Smith
36. DarkLucario
37. SOMALIA
38. Yondie
39. Towelie
40. ENZ0
---Guaranteed in for 64-man---
41. apologies
42. Delko
43. The Wolf
44. Bartman101
45. HBK
46. WhiteQueen
47. Justinawe
48. _Flygon_
49. drcossack
50. kd24
51. -TheLucarioEffect-
52. G80
53. Golden Sun
54. Taylor
55. Krack
56. Seven Deadly Sins
57. Eternal
58. Gil4
59. snorlax
60. manu-7p2b
61. Ian15
62. symphonyx64
63. eaglesrock
64. KnightoftheWind
65. wilson46
66. Bluewind
67. Doctor Octagonapus
68. Echo.
69. noobiess
70. Earthworm
71. Conflict
72. BabyPanda
73. ILoveLiza
74. Accipender
75. Vaz
76. 199 Lives
77. Shirahime
78. BlocksRcool
79. Ala
80. Aura Guardian
---Guaranteed in for 128-man---
81. polelover44
82. PttP
83. Athenodoros
84. shartruce2
85. undisputed
86. danmantincan
87. NailsOU
88. Fluffy Bird
89. .CarloO~
90. Quagsires
91. coolking49
92. tophway
93. HolyChipmunk
94. badalcristiano
95. Slyguy46
96. Marcurcio
97. dukefan5
98. Heist
99. Faladran
100. Adam Lambert
101. legendary_07
102. tito
103. Rudy
104. Daunting
105. manav95
106. aziki
107. Master of the Six Kings
108. Mizuno
109. Blood Tears
110. High Turtle
111. reachzero
112. Zephir
113. Joel
114. lucas69xx
115. Maaf
116. marcelodk
117. Alexa888
118. Cristall
119. Veteran In Love
120. LonelyNess
121. Artemisian
122. Private
123. Disposable Puppets
124. YoshiX
125. Erazor
126. kuja20
127. Ice-eyes
128. Folgorio
129. Navy
130. little loven
131. Windsong
132. toshimelonhead
133. KidX
134. Quantum Mechanics

locopoke

Banned deucer.
count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in count me in

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am currently writing a fan fiction of Count Chocula that I think will be as popular if not less popular than Stephanie Meyer's deservedly popular and amazing series "Sparkle" is what I think it is called. In what will be the most groundbreaking piece of literature I have ever written, I will explore the psyche of a vampire that doesn't feed on blood but rather on chocolate and how he deals with being ostracized by the vampire community. I will also explore his love affair with an oompa loompa.

Me.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I am currently writing a fan fiction of Count Chocula that I think will be as popular if not less popular than Stephanie Meyer's deservedly popular and amazing series "Sparkle" is what I think it is called. In what will be the most groundbreaking piece of literature I have ever written, I will explore the psyche of a vampire that doesn't feed on blood but rather on chocolate and how he deals with being ostracized by the vampire community. I will also explore his love affair with an oompa loompa.

Me.
what

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)