Metagame Trademarked

I’ve mostly been pretty adamant about Sub being banned (along with Transform due to that being basically Imposter) and Shell Smash needing to be looked at. Also, I’m not sure if trademarks can be coded to be suppressed by NGas.

This might be good for team support, but it feels a bit suboptimal because the 50% boost of rain is replacing the 50% boost of Strong Jaw.
Ah yeah I forgot Strong Jaw is 1.5 rather than 1.3 -- Rain Dance would only be worthwhile for team support then. But it's not much of a loss, since Dracovish almost always wants to click Fishious Rend anyway. (And Dracovish isn't that good with status spam everywhere.) Speaking of mons that want their regular abilities in this meta, Magic Bounce Hatterene is decent given the prevalence of status and hazard spam:

Hatterene (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Mystical Fire
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room

This set would like to be able to run Dazzling Gleam for Hydreigon, but I'm not sure where to put it. Dropping Psychic means it can't deal with Toxapex, but maybe it isn't strong enough to be able to muscle past Toxapex anyway.

As for Substitute, here's a set that I absolutely hate having to run:
Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: reflect
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Psychic / Shadow Ball / Energy Ball / Ice Beam / Hyper Voice

Ah yeah I forgot Strong Jaw is 1.5 rather than 1.3 -- Rain Dance would only be worthwhile for team support then. But it's not much of a loss, since Dracovish almost always wants to click Fishious Rend anyway. (And Dracovish isn't that good with status spam everywhere.) Speaking of mons that want their regular abilities in this meta, Magic Bounce Hatterene is decent given the prevalence of status and hazard spam:

Hatterene (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Quiet Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Mystical Fire
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room

This set would like to be able to run Dazzling Gleam for Hydreigon, but I'm not sure where to put it. Dropping Psychic means it can't deal with Toxapex, but maybe it isn't strong enough to be able to muscle past Toxapex anyway.

As for Substitute, here's a set that I absolutely hate having to run:
Primarina @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
Why though, what's so good about the set? You gotta give us a reason to consider it, you can't just post it and expect us to understand.

Why though, what's so good about the set? You gotta give us a reason to consider it, you can't just post it and expect us to understand.
Which set? Hatterene is a good TR abuser/secondary setter that can boost with CM, but it's limited in this meta by its lack of good TM options; running MBounce means it doesn't have to worry about (and can even benefit from) the opponent's status/hazard TMs. TWave in particular is annoying for TR -- you can't afford to lose turns to paralysis. And Hatterene beats Toxapex and Ferrothorn.

Primarina has Sparkling Aria, a 90BP Water move that bypasses Substitute. This lets it deal with Sub Excadrill. Its defenses aren't great, but it can run a Reflect TM, and it doesn't have many TM options anyway.

Well finally found actual time to sitdown and right up.

First off I would like to announce the addition of a new council member in Chazm . He has been a great help for me in terms of making the vr for trademark (that is in the works yes and I hope to have posted by Saturday hopefully) and also notifying me of some major threats and also mons that are more constraining on the meta.

Now regarding that he had notified to one mon that needs to be banned in the form of Dugtrio, a mon another user had also brought to my attention who I admittedly did not believe at that point due to lack of support by anyone else regarding dugtrio. However between the replays they showed along with what chazm showed me and also a bit of what I may have watched myself, its clear that dugtrio's ability arena trap should go. Admittedly I was hoping ou would eventually go with the logical decision of removing it but it seems that may not be the case. So therefore, arena trap is now banned in trademarked. Tagging The Immortal to implement this change.

Regarding substitute moving forward I think I wanna take a better look at the mons behind the substitute and not necessarily substitute itself. As though some people complain about it some cases running the actual counter for the mon still works in terms of dealing with it . Though I also admit there are a few offenders that are more dangerous in this regard. Dragapult is one mon I am keeping my eye on especially not even just for sub sets but as a mon in the tier overall which (spoilers) is one of the mons currently ranked as S tier in WIP vr. Conkeldurr is another one especially with the return of knock off to its movepool for the ghost that previously forced it out.

As trademarked closes in its last week as lcotm I expres thanks for those playing and I implore you to give clear input to help me when it comes to ban, etc as I am not as readily able to ladder or watch matches for the meta as I used to be which is I was so thankful for chazms help lol.

Well finally found actual time to sitdown and right up.

First off I would like to announce the addition of a new council member in Chazm . He has been a great help for me in terms of making the vr for trademark (that is in the works yes and I hope to have posted by Saturday hopefully) and also notifying me of some major threats and also mons that are more constraining on the meta.

Now regarding that he had notified to one mon that needs to be banned in the form of Dugtrio, a mon another user had also brought to my attention who I admittedly did not believe at that point due to lack of support by anyone else regarding dugtrio. However between the replays they showed along with what chazm showed me and also a bit of what I may have watched myself, its clear that dugtrio's ability arena trap should go. Admittedly I was hoping ou would eventually go with the logical decision of removing it but it seems that may not be the case. So therefore, arena trap is now banned in trademarked. Tagging The Immortal to implement this change.

Regarding substitute moving forward I think I wanna take a better look at the mons behind the substitute and not necessarily substitute itself. As though some people complain about it some cases running the actual counter for the mon still works in terms of dealing with it . Though I also admit there are a few offenders that are more dangerous in this regard. Dragapult is one mon I am keeping my eye on especially not even just for sub sets but as a mon in the tier overall which (spoilers) is one of the mons currently ranked as S tier in WIP vr. Conkeldurr is another one especially with the return of knock off to its movepool for the ghost that previously forced it out.

As trademarked closes in its last week as lcotm I expres thanks for those playing and I implore you to give clear input to help me when it comes to ban, etc as I am not as readily able to ladder or watch matches for the meta as I used to be which is I was so thankful for chazms help lol.
Two things:

1. Thank you
2. Finally

I personally don't think suspecting the mons that abuse Sub is the right call when sub is what makes them broken in the first place, but it's not really my call. Not sure if sub is legitimately broken, or if I just have a massive bias towards it because it's not really fun to play against for me. :blobthinking:

On another note, does anyone know you deal with trick room? I get that running a couple of fast mons (which I like to do) is bound to get you killed by trick room teams, but how the hell do you beat a trick room team without running mons slower than what the enemy team is using? I feel like trick room in combination with sub allows anything to just come in and start walloping your team, potentially multiple times in a single match if they can keep their setter alive. (And it could be multiple setters because Pokemon like Hatterene can just include it in their move-pool instead of using it as a trademark.)

I don't know, I'm probably just stupid because both of my teams are full of Pokemon weak to Hatterene.

Edit: Also, I don't think suspecting / banning one of the few viable infiltrator mons in the meta is a good idea when Substitute is such a powerful tool.

IMO the biggest Sub abuser is Excadrill -- it hits hard and resists almost all moves that bypass Sub. Conk has to choose between clicking Focus Punch and Drain Punch, and 105/95/65 isn't great bulk, especially for a mon whose only non-Leftovers recovery is an HP-draining move. (Cf. Strength Sap on Drifblim.)

TR is pretty good in this meta, but Toxapex walls a lot of TR abusers. Not Hatterene, but Hat is obnoxious everywhere. One option is SD Aegi:

+2 252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Hatterene: 318-374 (100 - 117.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Blade: 140-166 (53.6 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(It's shielded in the second calc -- if it gets caught in sword mode, Mystical Fire OHKOs.)

Well, last month was fun!

This is one of the best Gen 8 Trademarked teams I made back when this was Leader's Choice of the Month. I'm hoping this will be considered for sample teams:

Importable: https://pokepast.es/5fc07ded73ee25ad

:togekiss:
Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: encore
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

I'd built hazard stacking Trademarked teams in both Gen 8 and Gen 7, and this time, I figured that a swell way to force switches into hazards would be Encore locking opponents into bad moves. Togekiss has nice bulk, decent offences, and swell resists and immunities for an Encore user, so I picked it. This is a post-Pokemon Home set, so it has Roost, and it gets to wear Boots so I don't need to Rapid Spin as often. Otherwise, this is a fairly conventional Nasty Plot Togekiss set, and I kinda need the boosting move for better chances at wallbreaking with this team.

:snorlax:
Snorlax @ Red Card
Ability: recycle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam

I'd found Recycle Red Card to be viable (if sometimes short-lived) in Gen 7 Trademarked, so I figured I'd give it another go-around in Gen 8 Trademarked hazard stacking teams. Snorlax was one of the bulkiest pre-Home users of Recycle, and it still has a decent typing for the purpose (Normal means only one weakness - and Togekiss easily covers that weakness). It has a Rest-Talk set to last as long as possible. Snorlax has good enough HP to make investing in defences more worthwhile, and Impish patches up its weaker Defence. Body Slam disrupts with its paralysis chance, and Darkest Lariat at least busts through all-too-common Defence boosts and hits Ghosts.

:dragapult:
Dragapult @ Choice Band
Ability: disable
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Dragon Darts
- Sucker Punch
- Phantom Force

Dragapult is conventional, but it works. Disable often cuts off one of the opponent's best options and thus forces switches (although it makes optimal times to switch in Dragapult less intuitive). Dragapult gets the only priority on the team, swell pivoting, and a way to hit through extra-common Substitutes, and it has a Choice Band in an attempt to hit walls harder (Dragapult still hits rather weakly from my experience, though). Phantom Force is the worst move on this set because it lets opponents recover or switch too much, and maybe I should have gone with another move instead.

:ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: spikes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Toxic

I found Ferrothorn to be perhaps the best Spikes setter in Gen 8 Trademarked, probably because it gets so many opportunities to switch in and auto-set Spikes, so I had to play with it again. I figured giving it Stealth Rock was putting all my hazard-setting eggs in one basket, though, so I put SR on a different mon. Leech Seed is the best recovery move it gets, Knock Off removes opposing Heavy-Duty Boots and other fun stuff and is generally good coverage, Power Whip is a consistently powerful move that breaks open Seismitoad, and Toxic gives walls a hard time. People generally don't expect Ferrothorn to carry Toxic to boot. This is otherwise a fairly conventional SpDef Ferrothorn.

:grapploct:
Grapploct @ Leftovers
Ability: topsyturvy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Octolock
- Taunt
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

Topsy-turvy does its job at neutering sweepers better than Haze or even Power Swap do, and Grapploct (unlike Malamar) has no unpleasant weakness to U-turn, so I picked Grapploct. Drain Punch provides semi-reliable recovery, Ice Punch hits Ghosts such as Dragapult and has good coverage with Fighting overall, and Octolock provides a unique trapping move. I normally use Circle Throw for even more switches, and Circle Throw is better against offence teams, but I use Taunt here instead to improve my odds against walls because I have enough ways to give offence a hard time with Encore, Disable, Recycle Red Card, and Topsy-turvy. I'm realizing too late here that I have too many SpDef walls, and it's not that this Grapploct has a good match-up against Toxapex anyway (which would be a reason to go heavy-SpDef). Ah well.

:coalossal:
Coalossal @ Leftovers
Ability: substitute
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Heat Crash
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock

So now I needed a SR setter, a Rapid Spinner (because I win too many games by piling on hazards, so I'd rather not wipe out my own with Defog), a sturdier Fire resist than Dragapult (curse Ferrothorn for requiring this), and preferably no more weaknesses to Electric. Coalossal, as awkward as that felt, fit the bill. I normally use Stealth Rock as a trademark in Trademarked hazard stacking teams to not bust a turn setting up SR, but I figured I needed a Substitute trademark user, and Sub trademark users are among the best at reliably setting up SR. Sub patching up Coalossal's 4x weakness to Water was awesome to boot (I'm thankful I didn't run into many Primarinas). Sub trademark Coalossal performed surprisingly well, maybe because its fat Subs actually survive some hits. Leftovers allows Coalossal to make more Subs. I'm pretty sure I took the rest of the set from Smogon. Neutering some opponents with Will-O-Wisp is rather swell, though. I tend to lead with Coalossal because it doesn't tend to get switch-in opportunities that let it set up SR.

Replays:

I actually have two more sample teams in mind from my run in Gen 8 Trademarked LCotM, but let's see how well this one does first!

finally found the time (corona gave me the time I should say) to post the vr for trademarked that in my business was thankfully assisted greatly by our om room moderator and council member Chazm who I am very greatful for his assistance and opinions on many of the mons on the vr that looking at myself I came to agree with.

If anyone feels any mon should be ranked lower or higher simply inform appropriately.

I would also like to add here a team I utilized on ladder which I sadly cant thoroughly explain

Corviknight (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: lightscreen
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Iron Head

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: nastyplot
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

Sylveon @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Runerigus @ Leftovers
Ability: stealthrock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Earthquake
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: swordsdance
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Sacred Sword

Basicallly corviknight and sylveon provide the team with support with screens and wish/heal bell. The terrakion is a fast hard hitter and rotom wash a np pivot mon. Dragapult with infiltrator for more annoyign submons and runegrigus for the likes of hard hitting physical electric types. terrakin could be possibly replaced with a subsitutte setup mon to abuse screen support, but fix as you must, this is just a team I have found good success with on ladder..

that is all, wpa out

Really been letting this place collect dust since oof. (Been a bit mentally out of it cause of current events and joining the growing animal crossing cult).

Well in short just gonna talk about the dlc coming up which will add some nice old mons and a potentially threatning or maybe just fun to use new ones in Urshifu and galarian slowbro.

We also have some old mons returning, with the known ones so far bring : The Zoroark line, lycanroc line, talonflame line, azumarill line, golduck line, magnezone line (one that will probably apply more pressure on corviknight with magpull, Kingdra line, The dreaded Chansey line (which will hopefully be more manageable without wish but will probably effective nonetheless with a new addition of the move teleport giving it a good slow pivot option), and lastly the Volcarona line (also dedenne but who cares lol).

We also as of currently leaks have a few datamined moves that 1 or 2 of may be status related such as the one named "burning jealousy". Though I wouldnt be to sure of credibility or surety of it being status atm.

Mostly looking forward to volcarona's return atm as well as hopefully some other mons to be revealed and amybe even some interesting usage out of the new mons once they drop if they are hopefully not toooo broken.

Isle of Armor time!

First things first: Corrosive Gas is one heck of a trademark, being Knock Off the status move. Mons that get this include Gengar and Mew, though this just might make worse mons more viable.

Once Zarude is released, Jungle Healing looks like a pretty good trademark on it, being Life Dew & Refresh+ stapled together.

Some new mon drops:

:chansey:
Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Aromatherapy / Substitute
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled / Wish
- Stealth Rock / Protect
- Toxic / Teleport

oh God Chansey's back
Thanks to the Gen 8 Trademarked bans, Chansey can't pass Wishes with its trademark alone, although it's pretty good at passing them the old-fashioned way. Note that Wish and Teleport are incompatible.

:volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Substitute / Tailwind / Will-O-Wisp / Defog / Calm Mind / Quiver Dance
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance / Roost
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

Everyone knows that Volcarona's ability is one it would rather trade away for something significantly better. Volcarona holds its own in Natdex OU and will probably hold its own in Trademarked.

:magearna:
Magearna @ Shuca Berry / Metronome
Ability: Encore / Heal Bell / Substitute / Magnet Rise / Shift Gear
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear / Draining Kiss / Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pain Split / Heal Bell / Encore
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon / Steel Beam
- Focus Blast
- Iron Head / Draining Kiss

Magearna is a versatile mon who can beef up both your offence and defence. Soul-Heart may be missed, though.

:skarmory:
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Spikes / Defog
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock / Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

Skarmory plays the hazard game better than Corviknight does, and it's pretty good at laying down Spikes.

:urshifu:
Urshifu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Bulk Up / Taunt / Substitute
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Poison Jab / Iron Head / Sucker Punch

Urshifu-Single-Strike gets Wicked Blow, which always crits, thus ignoring all opposing defensive boosts and screens/Aurora Veil.

:azumarill:
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Belly Drum / Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Liquidation / Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off / Superpower

Azumarill is a member of the only evolutionary line to get Belly Drum + Aqua Jet. It'll probably use the same sets as in Gens 6-7, minus the Z-Crystals. It might even keep using Huge Power!

:alakazam:
Alakazam @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Ability: Substitute / Encore / Disable / Taunt / Nasty Plot / Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

Alakazam is a fast and powerful sweeper with many switch-forcing trademarks. Alternately, a Nasty Plot trademark means pure raw power.

In addition, Magnezone and its Magnet Pull are sure to make a splash in Trademarked, although losing Hidden Power is a big blow to it.

Oh yeah, ROM has Gen 8 Trademarked now, and I gave Abyssal Bot a team there! Happy testing your Trademarked teams in ROM!

Last edited:
One thing I found that works quite well as a gimmick is mind reader or lock on. They both have the same effect, they guarantee that the next picked move will hit. I found this particulary useful on two mons:

:magearna:
Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mind Reader
Modest Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon / Fleur Cannon

This set gives Magearna an incredibly hard hitting electric nuke that paralyzes the opponent. If zap cannnon is not desired in the situation you can get off a focus blast without worrying about it missing. This only ensures a hit on the first turn that it is used on, so when Magearna stays in for a longer time zap cannon becomes dead weight (unless you feel like running blunder policy). There are probably much better sets for Magearna, but I found this to be a lot of fun.

:magnezone:
Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Lock On
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

So this set is probably worse than magnet pull, but I enjoy clicking zap cannon. This is just like the magearna set, but with stab on cannon to give it more power. I like it a lot, but it's probably better to let magnezone have its magnet pull.

So seeing as tm was chosen for om snake draft (for now and hopefully to stay) I might as well try and do a proper post on some noteable additions from the dlc (status and pokemon wise) and also some pokemon that were added that are potentially bannable as brought to my attention by Chazm .

Status

Of the returning mons as well as status added their is basically next to none save for the likes of shoreup but im sure palossand would prefer stealth rock or a boosting ability over that.
However we do have the noteable addition of the new move "Corossive gas".
Corrosive gas doesnt have the largest of distribution (thank goodness cause it would probably be really polarizing otherwise) as seen here
corro gas.jpg

However it most noteably adds another niche option to mew but also creates a solid ability to use for galar weezing where corrosive gas as an ability would allow it to nullify opposing items just from constantly swapping in and out. It gives extra utility to weezing and another option on top of ngas (whose interaction with trademarks needs to be confirmed as I cant recall how it applied) and levitate. Tentacruel can also functionally run it and you could potentially do an interesting set with gengar running it as well. Would be nice in cutting down on eviolite chanseys bulk and also the various choice locked setters.

Pokemon
Now naturally I cant go through the whole list but I can at least go through some noteable ones that stuck out to me
Returning:
:Alakazam:

Similar to aaa this thing can run psychic surge as an option to render it ammune to prio while still rocking a base 120 speed stat and also its new toy in expanding force which becomes a 156 bp move after terrain and its own boost becoming pretty darn strong off a 135 base stat and even harder if its fortunate enough to be able to get off a nasty plot (a new toy it got this dlc).

+2 252 SpA Alakazam Expanding Force (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 331-391 (47 - 55.6%) -- 77.3% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Alakazam Expanding Force (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Magearna in Psychic Terrain: 231-273 (63.4 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery .

Speaking of np , its also another option it could simply run as a trademark to use an abuse. Its a shame its lost out on its niche with trace with its mega but it still has access to role play to abuse in its place, definitely a mon to look out for.

:Chansey:

its chansey. I dont think I need to say much else lol. Its lost out on wish as a trademark due to bans but it is still fairly tanky and is an overall good support mon to use with aromatherapy or providing wish support without it being free just from switching in. It also got a new move via lgpe in teleport allowing it to act as a slow pivot as well when it needs to. The real blessing is that it doesnt legally get access to both teleport and wish like clefable does lol.

:Marowak-Alola:

Another old return not necessarily gaining new moves but getting a more disgusting ghost move in poltergeist that not only gives it a high dmg ghost stab to abuse but also reveals the opponents item (if they can even live a swords dance 110 bp thick club boosted move from alowak). Not too meta defining as its still slow but definitely not a mon you can comfortably swap into on a trick room team or in general lol.

:Skarmory:

The rival to corviknight (though both in ou and natdex ou corvi has overshadowed it in usage), it brings similar utlity as a bulky steel flying type but having the advantage of stronger physical bulk and the ability to both phase opponents and also set hazards. It also has the very nice addition of body press to its own movepool to abuse.

:Scizor:

lost its mega but its still a decently solid hard hitter. If ur a mad man could try for a n av set with u turn, koff with the tr roost. Not much else to say on my favourite red ant.

:Tangrowth: :Amoonguss:

two noteable chonk regenerator mons

:Lycanroc-Dusk:

Honestly just one of my personal favourite pokemon to use, not sure how solid it is this gen but it got some noteable additions to its movepool in play rough, psychic fangs and especially close combat, making it for a much sold hitter on its solid base 110 speed stat. IT also has access to sucker punch to help pick off some other noteable mons along with stab accelrock

:Volcarona:

A sub , quiver dance abuser, it comes back to hit just as hard as it used to if it can get set up (though possibly less without z moves) and mostly only has to worry about chansey and ttar now since heatran isnt back to ruin its day just yet. It heavily enjoys the additions of a nice pair of boots to help it get past the hazards that would often be its very bane.

:Palossand:

just another personal favourite that I am unsure if its even useable in the current meta. It still has its access to the use of iron defense or amnesia to bolster its defenses or just using stealth rock. IT did also gain a new move to abuse in the form of scorching sands to help further pressure physical walls that it may tank.

:Magearna:

Honestly one of the strongest threats to be returning . It lost out one of its biggest moves in heart swap from last gen but still carries auto shift gear, calm mind and sub and alot of key resistances and great coverage. Could potentially be brought up for ban discussion if necessary that it comes down to it.

Benefits from new dlc:
:Blastoise:

Honestly this might be a bit niche. But with life dew access blastoise gets a slightly weaker version of regenerator. it also benefits nicely from the addtion of flip turn to its movepool, allowing it act as a bulk av pivot that also has access to rapid spin and scald. Could be effective or could be possibly too niche but it looks interesting to at least take a crack at.

:Weavile:

triple axel can be particularly threatening if it gets all three hits off which it can more assuredly with the use of Hone Claws as a tr or could simply role with rng and go for the high dmg swords dance with it.

:Raichu-Alola:

This mon gained a new move in the form of rising voltage , and that plus having eterrain as a tr (or even having another mon set it up for it ), it can hit decently hard in terrain with its electric stab and is another hard hitter with access to np (though also about as frail as the aforementioned zam)

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Raichu-Alola Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Electric Terrain: 433-511 (61.5 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(speaking of this could also just run raw nasty plot with eterrain support to get dmg like this)

Ban watchlist

Urshifu is the newest mon added by the dlc and honestly though it didnt have the stats most hoped it would have or the full 600 bst as other similar legendaries, honestly many are probably glad that it doesnt as the thing is already borderline busted in other tiers where it is allowed. This most notably is the case for single strike urshifu that hits like a truck and then some off its 130 base attack and 120 bp stab that has very little resists, crits (ignoring any boosts to opponents or drops on itself) and can sometimes still score 2hkos if not 3hkoes on some of its resists. And thing is in this tier with access to Bulk up as a tr, band sets can make that 2hko less a role and turn a 3hko into a 2hko:

+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Magearna on a critical hit: 214-252 (58.7 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Clefable on a critical hit: 312-367 (79.1 - 93.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight on a critical hit: 337-397 (84.2 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing-Galar on a critical hit: 154-182 (46.1 - 54.4%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

The last one is the only thing that even remotely tanks it and it can still die on a roll + stealth rocks, and the mon weezing galar lacks reliable recovery as is.

It could possibly be less of an issue when counting sub sets and faster mons and or will o wisp, but honestly will probably discuss with chazm and do some pondering on myself as looking at these calcs atm make me wanna yeet it as is lol.

:Dragapult:

A very good mon in the tier and is likely still one of the best if not the best post dlc. IT didnt gain anything but also didnt lose anything either as its one of the fastest mons in the tier and can sport various sets , whether sub, special oriented, infiltrator, wisp/ twave, dragon dance all physical or mixed. It could be seen on alot of trademarked teams post dlc being both very good in the meta and ironically anti meta as well. It is very meta defining and great mon but whether this actually can mean broken I genuinely do still need to ponder and hopefully will be able to see as time goes by.

:Magearna:

Honestly not too clear on it outside of what was discussed. Chazm did bring it to my attention though , but I personally on the immediate cant see why it might be broken now when it even lost a move. Might be more noticeable in application than from merely looking at its movepool. Will see hopefully if om snake kicks off.

Overall though I hope this tier can be found enjoyable if it does get a proper spot in om snake (I also promise not to make bias tier decisions in favor of my team banwise if I actually get allowed to manage KEK). Hope this meta becomes enjoyable and would love to see some input on some of what I have said here or maybe even other things :). God bless and those who read have a great day :D

Palossand @ Leftovers
Ability: sandstorm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Shore Up
- Scorching Sands
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball
a good tank with 66% recovery with shore up

Alakazam @ Choice Scarf
Ability: psychicterrain
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Trick
- Expanding Force
this looks scary

Last edited:
With Om snake getting ready to start, its best to get a ban I have had in my mind for a while but wasnt too sure on immediately. After some discussion with Chazm as well, we saw it best to ban a mon who is without question one of the most dominating mons in the tier. That mon being dragapult. Though dlc has brought some new mons, it has not particularly brought anything that could even remotely check or deal with the many sets dragapult runs in trademarked, that which at closest would be chansey which falls without issue to dragon dance tm sets.

Dragapult is fairly versatile and is a mon that should always be considered and worried about when trying to build a team for trademarked. It is both one of the best substitute mons in having access to setup and also hex sets and also one of the best substitute counter with having dragon dance boosted dragon darts as well as its ability infiltrator. Ontop of dragon dance mixed/physical sets, it has access to wisp, twave and hex allowing it to run either of the status as tm for hex sets or running sub so it can run the status in its own movepool. It also has access to disable to run as tr to allow it to force choice locked mons or mons that lack coverage for dpult or a means to attack dpult otherwise to swap out allowing it to either setup or bring in another team threat safely. Though it lacks physical ghost stab it has coverage in just about every other area save for lacking a consistent steel move for fairies other than steel wing and solid physical coverage. Its special attack is still a solid base 100 though so its not much of an issue for it. It is also the second fastest viable mon in the tier ontop of all of this, and the other faster mon in zeraora (despite having knockoff) can still fall to its dragon dance sets or get crippled by wisp sets.

This mon overall dominated the tier when it had omotm last year and was seen on almost every capable team. Solid checks and counters to all of its sets are not available considering the many things it could potentially so in the end, it has been decided that it will be better off being BANNED FROM TRADEMARKED. Tagging The Immortal for this change.

Last edited:
To note, with the ban of magearna and cinderace from ou , they are now banned from Trademarked by extension (which saves me the thought of thinking about the former).

Edit : see following post for some changes to this after some consideration

Last edited:
After some careful consideration (and being egged on by others) I bring to you today 2 major changes that are coming to Trademarked.

• We will be using a independent banlist and not following strictly OU regarding banlist to allow for proper bans and not for needless removal of mons that weren’t exactly deemed as threats in the tier. As such the ban for cinderace is removed as it wasn’t particularly much of an issue for the tier an probably still wont be down the line with libero. Magearna, however, is going to be staying banned as there was already discussion prior between me and Chazm regarding banning it from the tier. In either case for both these mons, if the ban or unban if either of these mons is brought into question down the line it can be considered with sufficient support.

• Would also like to announce the ban of Substitute that has admittedly shaped the tier around it and many have admitted to it not being the most fun to fight against or have to deal with. So much so that in the recent snake tour a few people gentlemaned to not use it just to avoid the nature of it. Me and Chazm were both admittedly fairly neutral on the topic of it , but with all of the negative feedback regarding and admittedly being able to understand empathize with many of the reasons its disliked being brought up on my own part, it has now been banned. Now if anything has seen to become much more of an issue due to the moves absence then necessary bans will be done accordingly or potentially unbanning of substitute if such is seen fit.

On a much lesser note , urshifu is still on the table for consideration but hasn’t been fully seen in my views yet to be completely an issue(though I am leaning towards it slightly). Will see if that may change over the course of this week and the next.

Tagging The Immortal for the bans and changes.

edit: would also like to add that sadly due to a change in coding , Transform will no longer retrigger trademarks like normal abilities sadly. Will put this in the questions part of the op so it stays known

Last edited:
Due to some realization brought to me and Chazm from berry from this weeks snake match, we are now Banning the move Psycho Shift. Now the move in itself me and chazm both agreed wasnt particularly broken. The issue with it stems from its ability to bypass the ability the ban that bans all forms of sleep inducing status moves as trademarks. Though the setup for it actually pass sleep requires slightly more setup it still can be done from simple rests and allow the user to rest to full hp, swap out , and then put something crucial of the opponents to sleep with relative ease especially with the removal of substitute. As its a move that passes sleep via trademarked , it is now going to be banned because of this.

tagging Kris to implement this.

Would Like announce the addition of Clefable (more known as mengy) to the trademarked council. He was very helpful with giving opinions on suspects last gen (most notably the now banned substitute), and was reccomended by many others to help out. I also very much respect his overall opinions on the meta and he in himself has also contributed to several banlist spots lol.

So overall just glad to have him at least help with some meta opinions when able.

I have also heard some plees regarding encore and disable, and will try to come with a consensus on whether bannig or keeping them by the end of this week.

(Kinda cringe how last few posts in here are all from me and are banned posts , kek)

and now to add another brief one.

Disable and Encore are now banned as trademarks. This was decided due to the nature of both moves that can tend to force some unfavourable and commanding situations as seen in a few of the trademarked matches in snake. The former essentially shafts any pokemon running a choice item or causes some mon with coverage or the like to be locked without it for a new sweeper to pop in. The latter can cause a free lock on most passive pokemon or a mon using a status move allowing for a free and safe switch in for most cases or forcing a swap for another opening. Both can be activated with mere free switchin and pretty much ensure that the mon even using said trademark basically goes untouched (save for in disables case if the opponent swaps to a different move pre emptively. The two moves were consider unsavoury as well by some of the players in the recent tour as well as by Chazm and Clefable. There power regardless is very clear and even when used to together can be quite polarizing. So to that end they are now banned as trademarks.

On another sidenote it was brought to my notice how Trick and Switcheroo essentially evades the single trademark clause as they are identical when used as trademarks outside of typing (which doesnt matter when used as a trademark) and the users. So now they will be properly fixed to not be usable on the same team as if they were the same move.

Edit : revising my statement on that. I primarily saw it fit to limit those due to the obnoxiousness of teams being able to run two of them. Other similar cases (which I admittedly didnt think of at all when i said that, though those cases also are rarely run together anyway) like barrier/iron defense, recover and its 3 direct clones, arent nearly as obnoxious used in conjunction as 2 versions of trick running around on teams and swapping items out from opponents just from swapping in. 1 is strong but safe for use, but 2 becomes an issue.
Tagging Kris to implement these changes.

Would also like to extend an overall thanks for those who played trademarked over the course of om snake as it brought many things to view that I sadly could not see myself due to the lack of a ladder and my own low amounts of creativity. I liked that this om came second in the polls for last month and would be happy to see this meta be enjoyed with the recent changes.

Last edited:
On another sidenote it was brought to my notice how Trick and Switcheroo essentially evades the single trademark clause as they are identical when used as trademarks outside of typing (which doesnt matter when used as a trademark) and the users. So now they will be properly fixed to not be usable on the same team as if they were the same move.
There are many moves that have identical effects. Agility/Rock Polish, Recover/Softboiled, and Leer/Tail Whip are some examples. These complex restrictions are unnecessary. If Trick and Switcheroo are an issue as Trademarks then ban them.

Hey all! Just some possible theory-crafting that I've been mulling over. This is a very niche idea and is probably not very good (I haven't tested it yet) but it's fun nonetheless.

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: trickroom
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

The most crucial mon on the team. It gets in, sets up Trick Room, and gets out with U-Turn. Psychic allows Xatu to whittle down potential stat increases. Roost gives Xatu more survivability and it along with Thunder Wave allows it to stall slightly.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: swordsdance
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Poltergeist
- Earthquake
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz

This thing hits like a truck and has pretty good defenses thanks to its immunities, but can still be too slow to get going. TR Xatu changes that. Now after only one single turn of setup, this thing can both hit stupidly hard and move faster than the opponent. Moves like Poltergeist and Flare Blitz will OHKO most foes, while earthquake provides more coverage. Shadow Bone is an extra STAB move that also weakens the enemy, but this can be slotted out for any other move.

Blastoise @ Life Orb
Ability: curse
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere

Trick Room plus Life Orb plus Curse turns this turtle into a wrecking ball. Do I really need to explain just how gross this thing is?

Again, I haven't tested this yet, so I am unsure just how good this team is. However, on paper, it has a lot of potential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)