Metagame Typemons

Approved by The Immortal

[Source]
Typemons
Typemons is a metagame where your entire team can use all the moves of a single chosen type. The idea behind this is to allow for teambuilding where there's distinct archetypes that all have unique playstyles while still having variation.
Rules:

Mechanic: All Pokemon on your team get access to all moves of a chosen type. The type is chosen for the entire team, not individual Pokemon.

Clauses:
- Standard OU clauses
- Each move can only be added to a team once.
- Spore cannot be used by pokemon with the ability Arena Trap.

Bans:
- OU banlist
- Serperior
- Sticky Web, Tail Glow, Quiver Dance, Shift Gear, and Geomancy cannot be added as new moves
- Normal cannot be chosen as a type

Council: Halliday, Racool, sedertz, jrdn

Strategy:

Best types

Bug: Offensively, Bug Type gives some of its pokemon access to better stabs, such as Scizor finally being able to use leech life. More importantly, though, it gives teams access to Tail Glow, one of the best set up moves in the game. Support is where Bug really shines, though. It also grants defensive pokemon survivability through heal order.

Ground: Ground type is one of the best attacking types in the game, and allowing multiple pokemon on a team to abuse ground type coverage is phenomenal. The attacking moves are almost all great, as well. Earthquake, Precipice Blades, Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves and Earth Power are all awesome move. Ground can also abuse strong Pokemon such as Excadrill using Thousand Arrows to blow past would be counters. Defensively, Ground is great as well, granting access to reliable recovering in Shore Up, and great support in Spikes.
Grass: Grass gets some nice coverage moves in Seed Flare, Power Whip, Horn Leech, and Wood Hammer, but where it really shines is defense. Ground gives access to great moves such as Leech Seed, Synthesis, Aromatherapy, Spore, Z-Forest's Curse, Sleep Powder, Spiky Shield, and Strength Sap. This wide variety of moves allows grass to buff many defensive pokemon.

[RESERVED POSTS]

Last edited:
so fell stinger might be a thing on scizor and any water move over base 100 bp move on araquaid could to strong also ALL HAIL THE SUN solgaleo

edit: excuse my immaturity

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
<List which staff members approved your metagame. Always include this information somewhere in your thread, so that posters know that you've gone through the approval process -- it can be small, as long as its visible>
Imo remove this part.

Ground got a huge buff and should be a good type with Thousand Arrows and Shore Up in addition to Spikes. Spikes stacking bulky offense anyone? Having used Sub/Dd/Shore Up/T Arrows Zygarde in Sketchmons I can promise it's a potent set (not just on ground, as something like Strength Sap or Roost would also work)

Edit: Also terrain teams are going to be crazy af in this meta.

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Steel could be pretty nice with access to king's shield and shift gear plus a neat attack in sunsteel strike. Should be ran with STAB abusers obviously (shift gear Kartana with a good stab? Uh oh)

Imo remove this part.

Ground got a huge buff and should be a good type with Thousand Arrows and Shore Up in addition to Spikes. Spikes stacking bulky offense anyone? Having used Sub/Dd/Shore Up/T Arrows Zygarde in Sketchmons I can promise it's a potent set (not just on ground, as something like Strength Sap or Roost would also work)
Yeah, I saw that after posted. I guess I didn't remove it quickly enough lol.

Ground is definitely a good type to use yeah. Excadrill is another huge threat on it, as it can OHKO almost everything at +2 with a mix of arrows and z-iron head (for Tangrowth).

Just a few things as someone'd posted this onto the OM room. just initial thoughts pls dont hurt me

Fire- Sacred Fire is incredibly nice coverage for any mon, not only just mons like Ho-Oh and Entei, and allows certain mons like Koko, Gyarados, and Mawile-Mega nuke stuff like Scizor off the face of the earth. Blue Flare helps a ridiculous number of Psychic, Fairy, and Ice-typed attackers break through steel walls without relying on the weak Hidden Power Fire. Will-O-Wisp is nice for any defensive mon that doesn't already get it, letting them more easily wall physical mons. Searing Shot allows certain offensive mons to run essentially a stronger, better version of Lava Plume (at the cost of PP). You also pass around the amazing Magma Storm for trapping would be checks. And V-Create.

Ice- While much more limited in application, it allows anything that runs Hidden Power Ice to gain Ice Beam, which frees up Hidden Power as another move slot and will generally damage things like Tangrowth and Ferrothorn (should you have to) far nicer. Ice Hammer works well for bulky mons that don't mind the speed loss. Ice Shard gives priority that's not normal type. Ice Burn and Freeze Shock, with Icium Z, are 200 base power nukes that let certain physical or special mons break through previous checks and/or counters. Auroroa Veil can now be run on Abomasnow-Mega, making it a bit more viable. Oh, and Kyurem-Black gets physical Ice-STAB FINALLLLLLLLLLY

Fighting- Close Combat, Cross Chop, Hammer Arm, and Sacred Sword are all great options for physical attackers who don’t mind their drawbacks (Dropped defenses, poor accuracy, dropped Speed, or less power). Force Palm is an option for Technician mons as well as physically offensive walls who want paralysis chances. Secret Sword and Focus Blast are the best Special options, which have their own positives, being ignoring stat buffs and being a stronger attack. And you have Bulk Up for certain other mons.

Ghost- Moongeist Beam is the only thing that special attackers need to break through stuff like Clefable, Quagsire, and other Unaware mons, as well as being an option for Fighting types like Keldeo and Infernape for perfect neutral type coverage with Fighting STAB. Shadow Force is the strongest physical Ghost option, but Spectral Thief is a better option for easier spamming and because it’s one of the best options to beat setup mons. Spirit Shackle is a trapping option to trap opponents then nuke with Z-moves or whatnot. Then you have the massive collection of (mostly) supporting moves like Curse, Destiny Bond, Confuse Ray, and Night Shade.

Steel- Click Sunsteel Strike with scarfed Excadrill or Banded Kartana, then Shift Gear with a huge list of mons that appreciate it and you’ve won. Anchor shot is a nice trapping tool for Excadrill as well plus Steelium Z to kill Tangrowth. Bullet Punch gives priority to things like Kartana that desperately want or need it. King’s Shield is a better protect, in essence, that lets Chansey, Clefable, and Toxapex, among other things, be even larger cunts. But, seriously, can we not have Shift Gear if we’re not having Quiver Dance?

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
What about Flying-type? Here are what it can do;

Physical Flying: Brave Bird or Dragon Ascent for powerful STAB, and Acrobatics if you opt for a Burden user (which I do not recommend but might help), and Beak Blast for bulky sweepers against contact-abusive non-Fire-type sweepers.

Special Flying: Aeroblast or Oblivion Wing (mostly the latter one) will do it for Special Attacking Flying-type STAB (or Special Attack Flying-type coverage), but Air Slash will also work if you wanted to be an annoying troll.

Status Flying: Defog will clear entry hazard on your team without much hassle, Roost will recover you HP, and while situational, Tail Wind will give your team an appreciable support.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Electric looks kinda nice too.
I mean...
Electrify on Sceptile-Mega/Thundurus-Therian...
Bolt Strike on Tapu Koko...
Zap Cannon on Pidgeot-Mega...
Volt Tackle on Staraptor...
And why not Volt Switch on Tangrowth.

Dunfan

To be honest, i think Shift Gear and Electrify should be banned too, but that would remove Electric and Steel types their niches.
Also nobody talked about Psychic and Dark types :

What Psychic type could give :
  • Hypnosis - Could be good on No Guard mons.
  • Trick - If the opponent doesn't know the type of move your team gets, then it could be nice.
  • Skill Swap - Slaking anyone ?
  • Imprison -
    Step 1 - Use Mew
    Step 2 - Make it use Block
    Step 3 - Make it use Imprison
    Step 4 - If Mew is still alive after that, make it use Transform.
    Step 5 - Enjoy.
  • Heal Block - Z-Heal Block raises your SpA by two stages. Seems legit.
  • Heart Swap - That Pokemon just used Z-Forest's Curse ? Cute.
  • Hyperspace Hole - Bypasses Protect... yeah, that's all.
  • Psystrike - Wow. Such move. Much Power.
  • Psycho Boost - If there's a Malamar somewhere here, tell him that i found a job for him.
It also gives Trick Room, Stored Power and likes.

What Dark type could give :
  • Pursuit - The kind of move you can use to... huh... trap mons.
  • Beat Up - Sounds meh ? Give it to a Serene Grace mon. And give that mon a King's Rock or a Razor Fang. Still sounds meh ?
  • Taunt - Always good.
  • Memento - In case you want to setup or something.
  • Knock Off - Always good².
  • Sucker Punch - I just can't say no to a priority move.
  • Switcheroo - For the same reasons as Trick.
  • Nasty Plot - Setup anyone ?
  • Topsy Turvy - "Setup anyone ?" Nope.
  • Dark Voi... Oh wait no. RIP in peace. 2006 - 2016
  • Foul Play - Diggersby says Hi ! Forget that it already learns it.
  • Parting Shot - ALWAYS GOOD™.
It also gives Throat Chop, Power Trip and stuff. EDIT : Z-Snatch is also something.

Last edited:
I feel that contrary Pokémon get a huge buff (broken?) in this metagame seeing as we can get stupid stuff like V-create Malamar/Serperior sounds really nasty.
He's got a bit of a point here; Fire already has a bunch of useful options for the remainder of a team, being Sacred Fire, Will-O, and Blue Flare, and makes Serp nigh unkillable after one or two hits. Psycho Boost, Draco Meteor, and Overheat are options for Serp to keep its boosting spree going while leaving better options for the rest of her team, while they make her a bit less of a wall.

I suppose it'll essentially be about the same as Contrary in Sketchmons.

I got bored and made a spreadsheet with all the moves from each type, separated by category.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/141yDobSRMJZcatj4Cqt_VQB0wtM9URIAGU8YFp6Wsv0/edit?usp=sharing

I have a key there, but I'll post it here too

Bold = Notable
Italics = Niche
Slashed = Banned / Unavailable

Feel free to tell me if I missed anything!
Why is Power Trip niche? Power Trip is an incredibly strong option for physical setup sweepers and unlike Stored Power, there are no immunities.

Dunfan

Finished an Electric VoltTurn SPAM team and got to test it on the awesome Ludicrousity .

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Nuzzle
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off

The main pivot of the team. Can cripple the opponent while still enjoying Assault Vest.

Darmanitan @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Volt Tackle
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Darmanitan is an awesome wallbreaker, and really enjoys Volt Tackle.

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 40 HP / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Electrify
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Energy Ball

I think i don't need to explain here...
Just abuse Electrify.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

The Stealth Rock setter. Now it can use an Air Balloon instead of a Grassium Z / Groundium Z while trapping opposing stallers.
Note : Still weak to Thousand Arrows.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Hidden Power Ice

I don't know why i would use an Electric team without that thing. It's just awesome.
Despite the Adamant nature, Hidden Power Ice is important for Koko to get rid of Lando-T which completely checks it without HP Ice.

Wishiwashi-School @ Assault Vest
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SpA / 40 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Parabolic Charge
- Ice Beam
- Scald

While Wishiwashi isn't a common pivot, i find it pretty interesting.
It really enjoys the coverage + healing effect of Parabolic Charge.

And here's the replay.

Why is Power Trip niche? Power Trip is an incredibly strong option for physical setup sweepers and unlike Stored Power, there are no immunities.
Talking about Power Trip, a Z-Trick-Or-Treat Krookodile (kinda similar to the Z-Trick-Or-Treat Hoopa-Unbound in STABmons) could be used.

Krookodile @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Trick-or-Treat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Power Trip

Last edited:

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Electrify
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Energy Ball

I think i don't need to explain here...
Just abuse Electrify.
"NO!!! GOD PLS NO!!!" -cit.
Pls ban electrify

Dunfan

I got bored and made a spreadsheet with all the moves from each type, separated by category.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/141yDobSRMJZcatj4Cqt_VQB0wtM9URIAGU8YFp6Wsv0/edit?usp=sharing

I have a key there, but I'll post it here too

Bold = Notable
Italics = Niche
Slashed = Banned / Unavailable

Feel free to tell me if I missed anything!
Congratulations for this amazing work but it's said nowhere that unreleased moves are banned. (even if that would make sense)
Also Hyperspace Fury and Dark Void should be slashed since they're basically useless on everything not named Hoopa-Unbound (which already learns Hyperspace Fury) or Darkrai (which is banned and already learns Dark Void).
Also nothing important but Dragon Rage is written Draogn Rage, sorry to bother you with that.
Also Teleport, Trick, Trick Room and Wonder room are not listed.

Again, congratulations.

Does this just include moves that are actually accessible in game, or can Light of Ruin be run?

Also Dragon is fairly nice, with Core Enforcer, Spacial Rend and Clanging Scales for special attackers, Dragon Hammer being a direct improvement on Dragon Claw, and Dragon Dance for everyone (Which is outclassed by Shift Gear but still useful)
Psychic actually gives Synchronoise which can be useful for things which only need a psychic move to hit other mons with their type. Probably would never be run tho :P
Poison is cool. Z-Purify, Coil, Baneful Bunker, Toxic Spikes and any good poison attacks. woo
Rock can give everything Diamond Storm and Accelerock. Diamond Storm is actually really powerful, sheesh, watch out. Also gives SR, Head Smash and Rock Polish for fun.
Fighting gives Storm Throw to Technician mons and that's cool, as well as just generally good stuff like HJK and Secret Sword.
Water gets Water Shuriken and Steam Eruption. Eww. Also, can't wait for Serene Grace Octazooka memes.
Dark gets Night Daze for serene grace shenaniganery. other than that dark's already been well covered by others.

Congratulations for this amazing work but it's said nowhere that unreleased moves are banned. (even if that would make sense)
Also Hyperspace Fury and Dark Void should be slashed since they're basically useless on everything not named Hoopa-Unbound (which already learns Hyperspace Fury) or Darkrai (which is banned and already learns Dark Void).
Also nothing important but Dragon Rage is written Draogn Rage, sorry to bother you with that.

Again, congratulations.
Dark Void's good for No Guard mons like Mega Pidgeot, but sure.

lost heros

Meme Master

Again, congratulations.
I'm pretty sure unreleased moves are de-facto banned just as they are in Sketchmons and just how unreleased mega stones are banned in MnM.

canno

formerly The Reptile

Again, congratulations.
While it doesn't say that they aren't allowed, it also doesn't say that they are. The default for cases like this is to go with not allowed since they aren't released. As for Hyperspace Fury and Dark Void, I'll give them a different notation since technically they aren't banned or unavailable, just useless. (These moves will be in Light Gray). Fixed up all the other problems, thanks for pointing them out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)