UU UnderUsed Majors I - Round 1 [Group Stage] (Complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MEGA SWAMPERT POOL

z0mOG vs sup4s4ge - Dead game.
z0mOG vs Lolk - Dead game.
z0mOG vs MeowMiXXX - Dead game.
sup4s4ge vs Lolk - Dead game.
sup4s4ge vs Kiyo
sup4s4ge vs Mr Highways
sup4s4ge vs MeowMiXXX - Dead game.
Sup4s4ge vs Confide
Kiyo
vs MeowMiXXX
Mr Highways vs MeowMiXXX
Mr Highways vs Confide

No contact between z0mOG or any of his remaining opponents
Sup4s4ge disappeared, only the opponent who attempted to contact him will be given the act. win
Confide won vs Mr Highways but it was never recorded in the OP
Kiyo posted on everyone’s wall, MeowMiXXX didn’t respond
MeowMiXXX didn’t respond to Mr Highways’s VM

MEGA BEEDRILL POOL

Hairy Toenail vs Drud
Arifeen vs Drud
Bsu vs metagross.
Bsu vs Drud
GreenGogoattt vs metagross.
GreenGogoattt vs Drud
GreenGogoattt vs tirander - Dead game.
Metagross. vs Tirander - Dead game.
metagross. vs Pepeduce - Dead game.
metagross. vs PD - Dead game.
Drud vs Pepeduce
Drud vs Tirander - Dead game.
Drud vs PD - Dead game.

Drud and metagross. disappeared, only those who tried to contact them will get an activity win.
metagross. vs Tirander never happened with no attempt to reschdeul after a missed time

GYARADOS POOL

Mysterious M vs Bhris Brown - Dead game.
Bhris Brown vs Alice Kazumi - Dead game.
Bhris Brown
vs Jolly John
Bhris Brown vs PokemonmasterTj - Dead game.
Bhris Brown vs Kudasai - Dead game.
Alice Kazumi vs Jolly John - Dead game.
Alice Kazumi vs PokemonmasterTj - Dead game.
Alice Kazumi vs Kudasai - Dead game.
Matame vs PokemonmasterTj - Dead game.

Jolly John didn’t respond to Bhris Brown’s VM
Remaining games: little to no real attempt to schedule

MAMOSWINE POOL

prooo vs czim
prooo vs HJAD - Dead game.
prooo vs Haruno - Dead game.
prooo vs Level 56
prooo vs kingrickNL - Dead game.
HJAD vs Haruno - Dead game.
HJAD vs Level 56 - Dead game.
HJAD vs kingrickNL - Dead game.
Eutychios
vs kingrickNL
Haruno vs Level 56 - Dead game.
Haruno vs kingrickNL - Dead game.
Lord Esche
vs kingrickNL
LEvel 56 vs kingrickNL
kingrickNL vs Shiba

kingrickNL and proo disappeared, people who attempted to contact get the activity win
No attempt to schedule between HJAD and his remaining opponents
No attempt to schedule between Haruno and his remaining opponents

CONKELDURR POOL

Pearl vs Winry
LeoLancaster vs Electricity’L
LeoLancaster vs Decision Makers
LeoLancaster vs Winry
Electricity’L vs warzoid
Electricity’L vs Decision Makers - Dead game.
Electricity’L vs CoolStoryBrobat
Electrcity’L vs Winry - Dead game.
Wanka
vs Electricity'L*
Wanka vs Winry
Warzoid vs Decision Makers
Warzoid vs Winry
CoolStoryBrobat vs Winry

Winry and Electricity’L both dropped out, their remaining opponents are given wins
DM never responded to warzoid’s VM or Leo’s VM
*Edit @ below: yeah sorry, missed that one.

More to come.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Home stretch now...

MEGA-SCEPTILE POOL

REMAINING GAMES:
Sam VS Mikaav - Dead game.
Sam VS MiyoKa - Dead Game.
Sam VS Snowy. - Dead Game.
Threw VS MiyoKa - Dead Game.
Mikaav VS MiyoKa - Dead Game.
MiyoKa VS Snowy.

No public contact between Sam and MiyoKa/Mikaav.
Sam and Snowy. both attempted to contact each other, but there was a major timezone difference. As neither player appears at fault, the game will be considered dead.
Threw and MiyoKa had minimal contact, with both saying what times worked for them but neither actually scheduling a time to play.
Mikaav and MiyoKa had a scheduled time, but based on VM contact alone, we are unable to determine who missed the scheduled time.
Snowy. was proactive with attempting to get specific times to play with MiyoKa and provided ample opportunities for MiyoKa to play.

COBALION POOL

REMAINING GAMES:
CrzyCookie VS megaqwer - Dead Game.
CrzyCookie VS fran17
Accelgor VS fran17
Amaroq VS fran17
amber lamps VS Peli - Dead game.
Kreme
VS fran17
fran17 VS megaqwer
Peli VS megaqwer - Dead Game.

CrzyCookie and megaqwer attempted to schedule but never managed to actually get this game played. However, based on VM activity, there is no way to determine whether one player or the other is at fault. (As an aside, the VM convo between these two is absolutely adorable and I highly recommend anyone looking to brighten their day take a gander at it. They're both such rays of sunshine!)
fran17 did not respond to CrzyCookie, Accelgor, Amaroq, megaqwer or Kreme's attempts at scheduling.
There isn't enough contact between Peli and megaqwer to determine who is at fault for the game not being concluded, so this is being given a dead game.

Peli vs amber lamps was a difficult decision. There was definitely activity on both player's parts, and amber lamps initiated the activity. There was also some initial confusion regarding timezones. Following that initial contact, there was almost no follow-up until the final day of the competition. In the end, after discussing this with the other hosts and consulting a TD for advice, we decided that the fairest outcome in this situation is to call this a dead game.

CRESSELIA POOL

REMAINING GAMES:
Vinc2612 VS Ajna - Dead game.
Mishimono VS sanjay. - Dead Game.
Mishimono VS slurmz - Dead Game.
sanjay. VS HQuaze - Dead Game.
sanjay. VS Ajna
Cancer On FLEEK VS Ajna
slurmz VS SPEBSQSA
HQuaze
VS Ajna
Ajna VS SPEBSQSA

Ajna failed to properly respond to SPEBSQSA, sanjay., HQuaze or Cancer on FLEEK, and they will receive activity wins. However, there was no public contact between Vinc2612 and Ajna, so that will be considered a dead game.
slurmz gave SPEBSQSA the win after they struggled to find a good time to play.
Games were scheduled between Mishimono and sanjay./slurmz, but the game never happened. However, based on publicly available information, we are unable to determine who is at fault, and so will call these as dead games. The same is true for sanjay. versus HQuaze.

TENTACRUEL POOL

REMAINING GAMES:
FLCL VS Yoshizilla315 - Dead game.
CBU
VS Asukara
snagaa VS Yoshizilla315 - Dead game.
snagaa VS The50mph
Yoshizilla315 VS Asukara - Dead game.
Yoshizilla315 VS The50mph
Yoshizilla315 VS Contact - Dead game.
Yoshizilla315 VS Lixx - Dead game.
Asukara VS Amukamara - Dead game.

There was no public contact between Yoshizilla315 and snagaa, FLCL, Contact, Lixx or Asukara.
Asukara missed scheduled time versus CBU and failed to provide another reasonable time.
snagaa never responded to The50mph's attempt to schedule.
There was minimal contact between Yoshizilla and The50mph, but Yoshizilla315 would not provide T5m with the information necessary to schedule their game.
There was some contact between Asukara and Amukamara in the last week of the tour, but due to major timezone differences, this game was never played. As we were unable to find any user particularly at fault, a Dead Game is the most fair conclusion.

Phew, that took way too long. Updating the OP next. A million thanks to dodmen and Pearl for helping pull all this information. Results of stage 1 will be posted today!

Considering most of my pool is calling activity on kingrickNL, what happens if they get the free wins? Because i contacted him early on and managed to track him down, battle him and sadly lose (blame the hydreigon crit). Do i get a free win also or only they do? You guys said you wouldn't disadvantage active players, and in this case, I hope you do the same. Hogg dodmen

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Alright everyone, thanks for your patience. The standings after stage one are as follows. Remember, the top two seeds from each pool advance to stage two. In the case of a tie where a tiebreak is required, the tied players are italicized. Tiebreakers are to be Bo3 except in the case of the Mega-Aerodactyl pool, due to the number of games required.

HYDREIGON POOL
1. Eternal Spirit (7-2)
2. obii (7-2)

3. Empo (6-3)
4. ManOfMany (5-3)
5. Lord Booty Milk (4-5)
6. Dundies (4-5)
7. GunGunJ (3-6)
7. teal6 (3-5)
7. Baxstenias (3-6)
10. Shadestep (2-7)

CELEBI POOL
1. Rodriblutar (8-1)
2. King UU (7-2)

3. shaneghoul (6-3)
4. Century Express (5-4)
5. Elise (4-5)
6. Meru (3-4)
6. Axel TM (3-5)
6. Isza (3-6)
9. Sacri' (2-7)
10. Sharp Ladder UU (2-6)

MEGA-AERODACTYL POOL
1. Stallion (6-3)
1. Chill Shadow (6-3)
1. fatty (6-2)
1. TSR (6-3)

5. lighthouses (5-2)
6. ProfessorMasterChief (5-4)
7. Donphantastic (4-5)
8. Zarif (3-5)
9. Sam I Yam (1-6)
10. r0ady (0-7)

Stallion, Chill Shadow, fatty and TSR are to play a Bo1 Round Robin until a first and second seed are established. (Ordinarily this would be a Bo3, but Bo3 round robin with four players would be a brutal number of games.)

SUICUNE POOL
1. TTFTW (8-1)
2. Eyan (7-2)

3. atomicllamas (6-3)
4. Omfuga (6-3)
5. Mazz (4-5)
6. miltankmilk (4-5)
7. rozes (3-5)
8. Analytic (2-5)
9. Paraplegic (1-6)
10. coR. (0-6)

ENTEI POOL
1. Pak (9-0)
2. naruto(sage) (6-3)
2. Freestylerking (6-1)

4. Euphonos (5-4)
5. GrilledClawitzer (4-5)
6. xMarth (3-2)
7. TestingSomeTeams (3-6)
8. Marcop9923 (2-5)
9. Jhonx~ (0-6)
9. djbonkers (0-6)

naruto(sage) and Freestylerking are to play a Bo3 tiebreaker to establish who claims the second seed.

KROOKODILE POOL
1. Cyndequil. (8-1)
2. dodmen (7-1)

3. King Troller (6-3)
3. Freeroamer (6-3)
3. Roseybear (6-3)
6. YABO (2-5)
6. Real FV13 (2-5)
6. Natalie (2-7)
6. Spoof (2-4)
10. CorruptedOmega (0-9)

SYLVEON POOL
1. TonyFlygon (8-1)
2. Hamhamhamham (6-3)
2. Knuckstrike (6-3)

4. Hogg (5-4)
5. Megazard (5-4)
6. Godfather 4 (4-5)
7. TraceofLife (4-5)
8. BIAF (3-6)
9. 6TI (3-6)
10. KnightsofHallow (1-8)

Hamhamhamham and Knuckstrike are to play a Bo3 tiebreaker to establish who claims the second seed.

MEGA-SWAMPERT POOL
1. Lcans (9-0)
2. Christo. (6-3)

3. zben (5-4)
4. Kiyo (5-4)
5. Confide (4-5)
6. z0mOG (3-3)
6. Mr Highways (3-6)
6. Lolk (3-3)
9. MeowMiXXX (1-5)
10. sup4s4ge (0-6)

MEGA-BEEDRILL POOL
1. Hairy Toenail (9-0)
2. bsu (7-2)

3. Arifeen (6-3)
4. Pepeduce (4-4)
5. Finding True Love (4-5)
6. PD (3-4)
7. GreenGogoattt (3-5)
8. metagross. (1-5)
8. Drud (1-6)
8. Tirander (1-5)

GYARADOS POOL
1. Teddeh (8-1)
2. ZoroDark (6-3)
2. Rattled (6-3)

4. Kudasai (5-2)
5. Mysterious M (3-5)
6. Jolly John (3-5)
7. Bhris Brown (2-3)
7. PokemonmasterTj (2-4)
9. Matame (1-7)
10. Alice Kazumi (1-4)

ZoroDark and Rattled are to play a Bo3 tiebreaker to establish who claims the second seed.

MAMOSWINE POOL
1. Shiba (8-1)
2. czim (6-3)
2. Eutychios (6-3)

4. Lord Esche (5-4)
5. Manipulative (5-4)
6. Level 56 (4-3)
7. HJAD (2-3)
8. kingrickNL (1-5)
9. prooo (0-6)
9. Haruno (0-5)

czim and Eutychios are to play a Bo3 tiebreaker to establish who claims the second seed.

MEGA-SCEPTILE POOL
1. PokeTCG gamer1288 (7-2)
2. Snowy. (6-2)

3. Bushtush (5-4)
3. YMAS (5-4)
3. sand1234 (5-4)
6. Sam (4-2)
7. Threw (4-4)
8. Gotham Paladin (3-6)
9. Mikaav (1-6)
9. MiyoKa (1-5)

CONKELDURR POOL
1. Pearl (8-1)
2. Wanka (7-2)

3. warzoid (6-3)
3. FrozenMan (6-3)
3. LeoLancaster (6-3)
6. CoolStoryBrobat (4-5)
7. Capt. KnightWalker (3-6)
8. Decision Makers (2-5)
9. Electricity'L (0-7)
9. Winry (0-7)

COBALION POOL
1. Accelgor (8-1)
2. Ice Tea (6-3)
2. Amaroq (6-3)

2. amber lamps (6-2)
5. Peli (4-3)
6. JoarAddamNessosin (3-6)
7. Kreme (3-6)
8. CrzyCookie (2-6)
8. megaqwer (2-5)
10. fran17 (2-7)

Ice Tea, Amaroq and amber lamps are to play a Bo3 round robin to establish who claims the second seed.

CRESSELIA POOL
1. DrReuniclus (9-0)
2. Vinc2612 (7-1)

3. Cancer on FLEEK (6-3)
4. Feliburn (6-3)
5. SPEBSQSA (4-5)
6. slurmz (4-4)
7. sanjay. (2-5)
7. HQuaze (2-6)
9. Ajna (1-7)
10. Mishimono (0-7)

TENTACRUEL POOL
1. CBU (7-2)
2. The50mph (6-3)

2. p2 (6-3)
4. FLCL (4-4)
4. Amukamara (4-4)
4. Contact (4-4)
7. Lixx (3-5)
8. snagaa (3-5)
9. Asukara (2-5)
10. Yoshizilla315 (0-4)

The50mph and p2 are to play a Bo3 tiebreaker to establish who claims the second seed.

Considering most of my pool is calling activity on kingrickNL, what happens if they get the free wins? Because i contacted him early on and managed to track him down, battle him and sadly lose (blame the hydreigon crit). Do i get a free win also or only they do? You guys said you wouldn't disadvantage active players, and in this case, I hope you do the same. Hogg dodmen
After talking this over with the other hosts, unfortunately we have decided that we cannot turn around this game to a win for you. In order to make things fair, we had to determine whether to apply this metric to all cases where extreme activity issues occurred toward the end. We found no easy place to draw the line without canceling out the entire set for a large swath of participants, and doing so would overly skew the pools. I appreciate your activity and the fact that you played your games, and we don't want to punish you for that, but we also want to preserve the integrity of the pools. The activity solutions we came up with are what we agreed on as the best compromise. I apologize that it hits you unfairly, but in the end this was the best answer we could come up with.

Last edited:
After talking this over with the other hosts, unfortunately we have decided that we cannot turn around this game to a win for you. In order to make things fair, we had to determine whether to apply this metric to all cases where extreme activity issues occurred toward the end. We found no easy place to draw the line without canceling out the entire set for a large swath of participants, and doing so would overly skew the pools. I appreciate your activity and the fact that you played your games, and we don't want to punish you for that, but we also want to preserve the integrity of the pools. The activity solutions we came up with are what we agreed on as the best compromise. I apologize that it hits you unfairly, but in the end this was the best answer we could come up with.
I honestly dont mind playing the bo3, just think that it's unfair considering the pool results. Keep in mind that this kind of decision doesnt help the people who're being active at all, it just encourages players to not play their games early on to get free wins in the end. But whatever... point made.

(◕‿◕✿) Doesn't matter as I'll still be first 1st in my poll, but I'm not 9-0, I lost to Paraplegic and ended up 8-1. I don't know if he posted about it the other day ,so sorry for the inconvenience (◕‿◕✿)
(◕‿◕✿)6/50(◕‿◕✿)

MOD EDIT: (◕‿◕✿) fixed! :) (◕‿◕✿)

Huge shoutout to Hogg and crew for all the effort put in.
you'll prob answer this soon anyways, but it'd be nice to get an estimate for the timeline of the next round, as idk about everyone else but ill have a lot of midterms coming up these next two to three weeks so it'd be nice to be able to plan accordingly!
:^)

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)