Project Underused Teambuilding Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you requested a balance, but Obstagoon fits best on teams that tend to be a little more offensive, so I took a Sticky Web-based approach.

~ ~
click me for the importable!

Basic idea is that Obstagoon + Sticky Web = Lots and lots of KOs. Araquanid was chosen over RIbombee just bc it's a bit more consistent at keeping webs up atm and also having something that can kinda switch into and threaten Weezing is nice. Lycanroc-D was up next as something that can lure and beat up Skarmory and stuff for Obstagoon, and it appreciates Obstagoon being able to blow past Palossand with Bulk Up. Nasty Plot Rotom-Mow gives the team a Ground immunity that can also break through fat Grounds that this team hates like Rhyperior and Mudsdale :horse: but also is just a nice pivot into bulky waters and stuff. Mimikyu is a standard webs option that gives us a very reliable late-game cleaner and also a spinblocker bc Tentacruel and Starmie are sorta annoying. Cobalion is p much just there for rocks + steel type, you can make it a Jirachi and have better results but considering the suspect test is on, I didn't wanna do that bc I wanted this team to be valid for you regardless of Jirachi's fate.

Hope you enjoy it Flareblitzkreig! :3
OMG THANKS A TON! I ALWAYS WANTED TO USE DUSK ROC AS WELL! YOUVE FULFILLED 2 OF MY WISHES IN ONE STROKE! THANKS SO MUCH!
Srsly tho, I rly appreciate it.

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
hey yall im givin a request!

:bw/bronzong:
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

I get tired of constantly having to be scared out into my Jirachi by something like a CM hatterene/Specs Kyurem, only to instantly lose half to mystical fire/earth power, paralyzed by Nuzzle, or worse, frozen by Kyurem. Now the Bell doesnt solve the rare freezing problem, but it does wall those two particular threats quite hard, and doesnt care particluarly much about Nuzzle paralysis, unlike Rachi, which requires its speed in order to get crucial Iron Head flinches off of. But I need to be covered on all sides against Kyurem. SubRoost sets can basically stall out this bronzong with little effort, and there's also the problem of it having no recovery, so on that note....

:ss/sylveon:
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
I've decided to pair it with Sylveon! The two pair wonderfully together, since Sylveon can chew up those Knock Offs that Bronzong despises, and also provides the recovery that Bronzong just adores! And also, it handles SubRoost Kyurem quite well, so the two pull double duty in that regard! I'd like a more balanced structure for this type of core, thanks!

Back again with a DPP request this time! While DPP is one of the few tiers I can confidently build teams that wont fall apart at a slight breeze, there are still several pokemon I struggle to build with, this one included. While I think he may be the only DPP builder, I do request that TSR construct this build featuring Choice Specs Altaria. I think it would be cool to pair it with Duggy + CM clef but your choice over anything.

Altaria @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse / Sleep Talk
- Rest

Thanks in advance!

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
EDIT: Request reworked after tier shifts

Well so much for my core... haha

I suppose I will just change it up and see what happens.

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

I have had so much success with Lycanroc-Dusk lately, that I would be foolish not to include him. His ability to pressure stuff like Noivern, Incineroar, and especially hard checking scyther has proved invaluable to me.

I would also like to include a new addition to the tier in my request:

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Poltergeist
- Earthquake

Now, I am not wholly convinced that Lightning Rod is any better than Rock Head on this guy, but I think it can have some value, possibly breaking the rhythm of teams who will spam volt switch. In my experience, I do not see many Alolan Marowak builds running LR.

As before, builds & such can be changed if you think it would help in the team-making process. I'm aware that requests will be delayed a bit, so I am not expecting swiftness here.

Last edited:

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
:SM/Sharpedo:
Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Close Combat
- Protect/Flip Turn

Hey UU Teambuilding Lab™!

Would love a build with Sharpedo, I've seen it used a bit but never have used/attempted to build with it (not a great builder here in UU).
I'd assume it fits on HO as a cleaner, so that would probably be the best for it! If any of you feel that another set is better in general or for the specific build you're thinking of pls feel free to change it! eg. HDB over LO if removal is tough to fit. Hopefully the shark is viable enough for me to request it, and if so I'm looking forward to see what one of you comes up with! Ty :)

I won't have the thread locked but do not expect requests to be completed for a little while. The other builders and I will need some time to adjust to this tier shift. Fumes Toxtricity rising to OU has made your core outdated, so feel free to edit your post with something new or leave your request as just Obstagoon. Any past gen teams will be posted earlier if our builders get around to it. Thank you for your patience everyone.

Cheezy

wokeuplikethis*
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Could I request a team built around a Slowbro + Zarude core?

080.png
+
893.png

Slowbro helps find opportunities for Zarude to get in due to Teleport as well as checking Fire, Fighting, Poison, and Ice types for Zarude. One of the best switchins to Zarude right now is G-Weezing and Slowbro can help beat it with Future Sight. Zarude on the other hand checks Ghost (if running Darkest Lariat), Dark (if running Close Combat), and Electric types for Slowbro.

Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off / Psyshock
- Teleport

Zarude @ Choice Band
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Close Combat
- Darkest Lariat
- U-turn

One of the weaknesses that this core has are Bug types, specifically U-Turn since the user can pivot and keep getting very good damage off.

Last edited:
Fusion Flare here is your balance team around the core of Sylveon + Bronzong

<Click the Sprites for the Importable>
I wanted to hold off on this one till after Jirachi left the tier because it felt extremely difficult to warrant using it in that metagame. This core is really weak to Pokemon like Cobalion and some other really strong Fighting-types so Slowbro is added to help with this. It also helps out with stuff like Mamoswine and Lycanroc-D better than Bronzong can. Inineroar gives you a needed response to stuff like Chandelure, Polteageist, and Alolan Marowak. I went with an SD set here with Flame Charge. Virizion does a couple things, like ease the matchup against Pokemon like Rotom-W and Krookodile. It's a decently strong wallbreaker too. Finally, Noivern because I needed Speed control and removal. Something you can consider is using Colbur Berry or no item on Slowbro to help with Lycanroc-D and, if the latter, Alolan Marowak + Golurk more. Incineroar can run a slightly bulkier spread with less Attack to take on foes like Chandelure on a little better (EVs: 144 HP / 108 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe). Here is a replay of it in action.

Hi, Estarossa I would like you to build me a team with some garbage amazing sets featuring screens Kadabra and sub sd Pinsir feel free to change the moves if you want to please and thanks gl.

Kadabra @ Leftovers
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Psychic
- Nightmare

Pinsir @ Leftovers
Ability: None
Happiness: 0
IVs: 14 HP / 24 Atk
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Last edited:
Hello. I'm new to Smogon and Pokemon Showdown. I've played many Pokemon games, but I don't know much about the competitive metagame other than some of the basics. I've so far relied on recent well-documented SS OU teams on RMT threads. Now I'm trying to build a team of my own and want to start with SS UU tier. However, it seems tough for me to brainstorm and build a solid strategy around it. I'd like to use Ninetales and Virizion. Please help me build a SS UU team with them. This is what I've came up for them so far -

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Dark Pulse

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Solar Blade
- Synthesis
- Swords Dance

I've actually just picked UU Nasty Plot build for Ninetales and UU Sword Dance build for Virizion from Smogon's SS dex and edited them.
For Ninetales, I've replaced Toxic with Dark Pulse thinking some other pokemon on the team might be able to cover poison or other status instead.
For Virizion, I put Solar Blade instead of Leaf Blade due to the sun, and also put Synthesis instead of Stone Edge / Zen Headbutt for the sun advantage. Albeit I guess keeping the sun advantage would be tricky and might require support from other pokemons and that the extra type coverage probably might have been necessary. My intention was to turn Virizion into a bulky double STAB sweeper with help of the prolonged sun from Ninetales.
My intention was to use both Ninetales and Virizion as sweepers and hence I changed the natures. I don't know if the original +Spe natures were more viable for that goal.
Since I'm inexperienced, I'd like to allow completely tweaking the core. Any help or advice or team set would be highly appreciated.

Edit/Update:

I'm currently going with this team - https://pokepast.es/9e4025063e954dab
I've just imported Celebi, Cobalion, Umbreon and Sylveon from Smogon's SS builds that I thought fills some roles. This team would definitely need work to become viable, since so far it's just a make-shift team.

Last edited:
Fumes here is your team. I want to start by saying that these two don't have much synergy together. They are just two strong walbreakers that don't do much for each other so I took a simple approach in trying to make them work on Sticky Web. I'm going to provide a second version where I replace Alolan Marowak because I think that slot would be better off with something else.

<Click the Sprites for an Importable>
This is a rather simple build. Ribombee as the Sticky Web setter that helps with the Noivern matchup. Lilburr recommended Roost because Krookodile and Zarude can be rather annoying. I gave Lycanroc-D Iron Head because it helps with the Sylveon and Galarian Weezing matchup. Noivern improves the matchup against stuff like Keldeo and gives you a Ground immunity, which your core hates. Cobalion is the SR setter. Chople Berry helps with opposing Lycanroc-D. Finally, you needed removal because Alolan Marowak mandates that. Tsareena does just that and helps against bulky Water-types. Triple Axel is there to lure and remove Noivern and Knock Off because you need to cripple Ghost-types. This team doesn't appreciate Doublade that much, but with how little synergy and defensive utility your choices provide there isn't an easy way to fully remedy that.

I'm sharing this version where I replace Alolan Marowak because I really like it and I think the team works a lot smoother. I replaced Alolan Marowak with Incineroar, which keeps your Fire-type wallbreaker but eases the matchup against Doublade. It also gives you a secondary Zarude check. Mimkyu over Noivern keeps the Ghost-type that could deter Rapid Spin but its a much better abuser on webs. Disguise is really valuable in helping keep some problematic sweepers in check. Araquanid over Ribombee because I want to have a Pokemon that resists Ground, checks Keldeo, and helps break Galarian Weezing and Sylveon better. The Speed EVs make you faster than most offensive Galarian Weezing but you can run less for uninvested base 60s. Finally, with removal no longer being mandatory-you can afford to drop Tsareena. Sylveon is a great abuser of Sticky Web that helps pressure Fighting-types + gives another Noivern check. I went with a three Attacks set because you can pressure Galarian Weezing and Tentacruel better. Calm Mind also lets it pressure bulky Water-types for you. The item of choice is up to you, Pixie Plate lets it hit harder while Leftovers gives you passive recovery that you lack otherwise. A set with Substitute or RestoChesto can be considered if you prefer.

Lycanroc-D is currently being suspect tested so you may only get 2 weeks worth of usage out of these teams so sorry about that. If it is banned then you could potentially make it Rocks Terrakion over Lycanroc and play around with the Steel-type in the Cobalion slot.

TetsuwanAtom here is your team around Ninetales and Virizion.

I had to make changes to your sets because they just aren't optimal enough. It looks like you wanted some kind of Semi Sun core but it really hinders there capabilities. Personally, Ninetales is much better as a standalone NP user with Heavy-Duty Boots. I made it Scorching Sands because you can still pressure Chandy and Alowak but it gives you coverage to beat Tentacruel and Incineroar more reliably. SD Virizion is a lot worse than using a mixed set so I changed it to so. Virizion getting the Synthesis boost in Sun is good enough to warrant Solar Blade imo. Rhyperior gives you a Noivern and Mimikyu check and SR setter. Megahorn is for Zarude and Celebi. Doublade gives you a check to Lycanroc-D and Terrakion. It's a sweeper that appreciates your wallbreaking core. Noivern gives you Speed control alongside Doublade's priority and a check to Keldeo. I needed to put Defog on this because Roserade Spike stacking was annoying. Finally, AV Galarian Slowbro gives you a check to Sylveon and Noivern. It also helps out with some Fighting-types like Keldeo. The team doesn't have a Ghost resist so you have to play smart around most of them. Chandy, Doublade, and Alowak every mon has coverage to threaten. The main one is Polteageist where you need to keep Doublade alive to revenge kill it with Shadow Sneak.

I hope you both enjoy using the teams :blobthumbsup:

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
Fumes here is your team. I want to start by saying that these two don't have much synergy together. They are just two strong walbreakers that don't do much for each other so I took a simple approach in trying to make them work on Sticky Web. I'm going to provide a second version where I replace Alolan Marowak because I think that slot would be better off with something else.

This is a rather simple build. Ribombee as the Sticky Web setter that helps with the Noivern matchup. Lilburr recommended Roost because Krookodile and Zarude can be rather annoying. I gave Lycanroc-D Iron Head because it helps with the Sylveon and Galarian Weezing matchup. Noivern improves the matchup against stuff like Keldeo and gives you a Ground immunity, which your core hates. Cobalion is the SR setter. Chople Berry helps with opposing Lycanroc-D. Finally, you needed removal because Alolan Marowak mandates that. Tsareena does just that and helps against bulky Water-types. Triple Axel is there to lure and remove Noivern and Knock Off because you need to cripple Ghost-types. This team doesn't appreciate Doublade that much, but with how little synergy and defensive utility your choices provide there isn't an easy way to fully remedy that.

I'm sharing this version where I replace Alolan Marowak because I really like it and I think the team works a lot smoother. I replaced Alolan Marowak with Incineroar, which keeps your Fire-type wallbreaker but eases the matchup against Doublade. It also gives you a secondary Zarude check. Mimkyu over Noivern keeps the Ghost-type that could deter Rapid Spin but its a much better abuser on webs. Disguise is really valuable in helping keep some problematic sweepers in check. Araquanid over Ribombee because I want to have a Pokemon that resists Ground, checks Keldeo, and helps break Galarian Weezing and Sylveon better. The Speed EVs make you faster than most offensive Galarian Weezing but you can run less for uninvested base 60s. Finally, with removal no longer being mandatory-you can afford to drop Tsareena. Sylveon is a great abuser of Sticky Web that helps pressure Fighting-types + gives another Noivern check. I went with a three Attacks set because you can pressure Galarian Weezing and Tentacruel better. Calm Mind also lets it pressure bulky Water-types for you. The item of choice is up to you, Pixie Plate lets it hit harder while Leftovers gives you passive recovery that you lack otherwise. A set with Substitute or RestoChesto can be considered if you prefer.

Lycanroc-D is currently being suspect tested so you may only get 2 weeks worth of usage out of these teams so sorry about that. If it is banned then you could potentially make it Rocks Terrakion over Lycanroc and play around with the Steel-type in the Cobalion slot.

TetsuwanAtom here is your team around Ninetales and Virizion.

I had to make changes to your sets because they just aren't optimal enough. It looks like you wanted some kind of Semi Sun core but it really hinders there capabilities. Personally, Ninetales is much better as a standalone NP user with Heavy-Duty Boots. I made it Scorching Sands because you can still pressure Chandy and Alowak but it gives you coverage to beat Tentacruel and Incineroar more reliably. SD Virizion is a lot worse than using a mixed set so I changed it to so. Virizion getting the Synthesis boost in Sun is good enough to warrant Solar Blade imo. Rhyperior gives you a Noivern and Mimikyu check and SR setter. Megahorn is for Zarude and Celebi. Doublade gives you a check to Lycanroc-D and Terrakion. It's a sweeper that appreciates your wallbreaking core. Noivern gives you Speed control alongside Doublade's priority and a check to Keldeo. I needed to put Defog on this because Roserade Spike stacking was annoying. Finally, AV Galarian Slowbro gives you a check to Sylveon and Noivern. It also helps out with some Fighting-types like Keldeo. The team doesn't have a Ghost resist so you have to play smart around most of them. Chandy, Doublade, and Alowak every mon has coverage to threaten. The main one is Polteageist where you need to keep Doublade alive to revenge kill it with Shadow Sneak.

I hope you both enjoy using the teams :blobthumbsup:
Thanks for the teams! Fair point about Alowak, I see what you mean with the lack of synergy and all.

Hey guys I was wondering if somebody could build a team around double dance Porygon-Z and a physical breaker to deal with things that wall porygon-z on the special side. I was thinking Lycanroc—D, Cobalion, Zarude, or Terrakion on the physical side but anything that fits best is fine with me. Thank you!

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Agility

Notily

dirt rich
i'm a builder now bop

Cheezy here is your team around slowbro + zarude

I changed zarude to jungle healing + boots as it being able to consistently switch into wisp rotom formes made the building process much easier. i never feel very comfortable having slowbro as the sole keldeo pivot, so i added noivern next. it also functions as speed control alongside scarf krook, giving you an offensive check to the likes of cobalion and opposing zarude. copperajah gives you a check to noivern, roserade, and fairies like mimikyu and sylveon. tspikes + corrosive gas weezing provides you with a knock off sponge, zarude counter, and a means to remove the item from slowbro / king / chansey. lastly, scarf krook solidifies your matchup vs lycanroc-dusk and appreciates slowbro's future sight support to close out games. the team is quite weak to sharpedo but if you can get a tspike up you can pivot around it until it dies from lo recoil + poison chip.

hope you enjoy :psyglad:

I would like to request a fighting spam team with Sirfetch'd + Pangoro.

Sirfetch'd @ Leek
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- First Impression
- Brave Bird

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Iron Head

I would like to request a fighting spam team with Sirfetch'd + Pangoro.

Sirfetch'd @ Leek
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- First Impression
- Brave Bird

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Iron Head
Hey, I'm going to request that you change this core up a bit. Sirfetch'd is not on the VR, which is a requirement we ask you to meet as stated in the OP. If you wish to keep the Fighting spam idea intact you may, but please change Sirfetch'd to something else. :blobthumbsup:

Oh, I'm sorry. Forgot Sirfetch'd wasn't on the VR anymore. In that case, I would like to replace Fetch'd with CM Keldeo.
Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Iron Head

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
:SM/Sharpedo:
Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Close Combat
- Protect/Flip Turn

Hey UU Teambuilding Lab™!

Would love a build with Sharpedo, I've seen it used a bit but never have used/attempted to build with it (not a great builder here in UU).
I'd assume it fits on HO as a cleaner, so that would probably be the best for it! If any of you feel that another set is better in general or for the specific build you're thinking of pls feel free to change it! eg. HDB over LO if removal is tough to fit. Hopefully the shark is viable enough for me to request it, and if so I'm looking forward to see what one of you comes up with! Ty :)
Specs hello sir, here is your team
:froslass: :bisharp: :mimikyu: :cobalion: :noivern: :sharpedo:
Pretty straight forward team just utilizing shark as a late game cleaner with spikes support. Bisharp deters defog and pressures psychics/fairies with it's steel/dark typing, spamming knock is also beneficial for shark/mmq/noiv or whatever you think is gonna clean the end game, the item is up in the air I think occa is cool for guaranteed dmg on noiv bc ur not running ib on shark but black glasses or whatever else is still fine ofc. Mmq is mmq, spinblocker "speed control" blah blah immense utility on HO. Cobalion is the rocker of choice, answer to knock spammers like Bisharp, Mamoswine, Krookodile, etc. Noivern glues the team together nicely, blanket answering most threats bc of it's speed tier to at least some extent, keld/coba/etc. Shark is shark :)

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword
- Flip Turn

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs

I chose these 2 mons because scarf keld struggles with poison types and water/bugs like golisopod and araquanid or water/poison like tentacruel and lycanroc struggles vs frail fast mons that resist/do not take a lot from accelerock or sucker punch and scarf keld helps cover that in and you can generate momentum as well and not be fother to the likes tentacruels knock off or let it off with a free layer of toxic spikes.

ps if dog gets banned ill be angry

Last edited:
Nightingales

<Click the Sprites for the Importable>
I changed the Krookodile set but if you are really intent on CB Krookodile then I guess you could just make it SR Mega Aggron and use said set. I made Celebi Dazzling Gleam as I think removing Hydreigon is more valuable here but Earth Power does make breaking Empoleon a bit easier. Krookodile is the SR setter. Mega Aggron gives you a Latias and Mega Altaria check. Curse Aggron is a cool wincon and has the longevity to handle these threats. Rotom-H gives you another check to Scizor and Togekiss, as well as Mega Manectric. Scarf Togekiss for Speed control and a check to Hydreigon + other Fighting-types. Finally, Starmie because hazard removal Rotom-H is ass. Colbur Berry helps you put Hydreigon on a timer and lets you deal with Krookodile better.

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Back again with a DPP request this time! While DPP is one of the few tiers I can confidently build teams that wont fall apart at a slight breeze, there are still several pokemon I struggle to build with, this one included. While I think he may be the only DPP builder, I do request that TSR construct this build featuring Choice Specs Altaria. I think it would be cool to pair it with Duggy + CM clef but your choice over anything.

Altaria @ Choice Specs
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse / Sleep Talk
- Rest

Thanks in advance!
Both me and TSR really don't like Specs Altaria honestly, but he agreed this is better than anything he's been able to come up with for this request so I'll be doing this instead :O

For this team I really wanted something that could like help pressure Fat psychics and fat waters for Altaria, lead SubSD Drapion has a nice lead MU vs Uxie/Mesprit, and loves Altaria nuking Registeel/Steelix with Fire Blast for it later in match, also takes advantage of non EQ venusaur, in particular scarf, thats tried to revenge altaria. Sunny Day Moltres pressures Rhyperior and your bulky waters like Milotic/Blastoise for Altaria, and takes pressure off it dealing with the aforementioned Steel's so you can drop Draco's more freely, all of this really opens up Drapion or Scarf Venu later in the match in conjunction with Alt.

Roar Blastoise gives you important hazard control to support your rocks weak breaking core, and a way of like not just auto losing to Vintei. Also checks bunch of other stuff like Moltres, and helps Altaria with checking shit like Houndoom that can kinda get out of hand if you rely on alt alone esp with rocks up since it can take advantage of Moltres a decent bit. Rocks Occa Registeel rounds off that nice defensive core with Blastoise checking stuff like Swellow, Venu, Mismagius, Occa can let you try and lure some of those annoying aforementioned Fire-types and explode on / earthquake them too which is nice. Scarf Venu rounds team out with necessary speed control to offensively check all these problematic things and make sure you aren't relying on Registeel for stuff like Swellow / Mismagius cause of Dugtrio and lack of recovery on Regi, Sleep Powder also nice to get opportunities on your Drapion/Moltres. Also helps your Willo Missy matchup a bit which is honestly pretty annoying otherwise.

Hope you enjoy and sorry that I'm not TSR :c Replay against Donny for you to peruse - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4uu-1185105279-h7zdxnlaj601gjz8aip5j5cos5i7haupw.

Both me and TSR really don't like Specs Altaria honestly, but he agreed this is better than anything he's been able to come up with for this request so I'll be doing this instead :O

For this team I really wanted something that could like help pressure Fat psychics and fat waters for Altaria, lead SubSD Drapion has a nice lead MU vs Uxie/Mesprit, and loves Altaria nuking Registeel/Steelix with Fire Blast for it later in match, also takes advantage of non EQ venusaur, in particular scarf, thats tried to revenge altaria. Sunny Day Moltres pressures Rhyperior and your bulky waters like Milotic/Blastoise for Altaria, and takes pressure off it dealing with the aforementioned Steel's so you can drop Draco's more freely, all of this really opens up Drapion or Scarf Venu later in the match in conjunction with Alt.

Roar Blastoise gives you important hazard control to support your rocks weak breaking core, and a way of like not just auto losing to Vintei. Also checks bunch of other stuff like Moltres, and helps Altaria with checking shit like Houndoom that can kinda get out of hand if you rely on alt alone esp with rocks up since it can take advantage of Moltres a decent bit. Rocks Occa Registeel rounds off that nice defensive core with Blastoise checking stuff like Swellow, Venu, Mismagius, Occa can let you try and lure some of those annoying aforementioned Fire-types and explode on / earthquake them too which is nice. Scarf Venu rounds team out with necessary speed control to offensively check all these problematic things and make sure you aren't relying on Registeel for stuff like Swellow / Mismagius cause of Dugtrio and lack of recovery on Regi, Sleep Powder also nice to get opportunities on your Drapion/Moltres. Also helps your Willo Missy matchup a bit which is honestly pretty annoying otherwise.

Hope you enjoy and sorry that I'm not TSR :c Replay against Donny for you to peruse - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4uu-1185105279-h7zdxnlaj601gjz8aip5j5cos5i7haupw.
Thank you very much! I don't discriminate good DPP builders, fren. Also the only reason I chose specs alt is because I like dunking on Donphantasitc every time he expects ddance. Enjoy the rest of your day!

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
:ss/polteageist: :ss/cobalion: :ss/grimmsnarl: :ss/celebi: :ss/tentacruel: :ss/porygon-z:
suffer for fashion (Polteageist) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power
- Giga Drain

kongsvinger (Cobalion) @ Chople Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Megahorn

heimdalsgate (Grimmsnarl) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SpD / 124 Spe
Careful Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Spirit Break

mutants (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Pollen Puff

sink the seine (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Rapid Spin

gronlandic (Porygon-Z) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
Hey, ApeDosMatt I completed your Porygon-Z request in the form of a screens team. Hope you like it! Screens support does a good job of giving double dance Porygon-Z a chance to sweep. Lum Berry over Life Orb lets it not wear itself down into priority range. I then added the core of Polteageist and Pollen Puff Celebi. Polteageist is a natural on this type of offense and the Celebi I've wanted to try since I saw Estarossa post about it luring Zarude. Luring Zarude and hitting Incineroar with Earth Power made Celebi great support for Polteageist. Next, I thought Swords Dance Tentacruel would make a nice addition since it can unexpectedly break quite a few teams and has nice natural bulk. Rapid Spin can also give Polteageist a more solid chance at sweeping by keeping its Focus Sash intact. Cobalion made for a good glue between being a more reliable Zarude answer and general defensive utility as a steel-type. Stealth Rock can be run on Cobalion, but you often don't need the hazard damage with a fast-paced team like this.

woo 1000 posts ty uu pu and mono communities especially for being epic '-'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)