Serious US Election Thread (read post #2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hillary calling Trump to concede now

Classy move given doubt he would've done the same if he was in her position

I thought she might be in trouble when the exit polls indicated that Trump was winning people who saw them both unfavorably almost 2 to 1, but I never expected Michigan or Pennsylvania or Wisconsin to flip, much less all of them

She might end up winning the popular vote when everything in Cali comes in too

I think that it's a serious call for concern that this dickhead Trump got the presidency. I honestly worry for the Mexicans, the Muslims, and the rest of the world. But most of all, I worry for the many, many, dumb Americans that got him there.

Reactions: JES
As an Australian who's been watching this since the first polls closed this morning, I'm dumbstruck. I had a feeling he was going to win when he assumed the lead in Ohio, Texas, North Carolina and Florida fairly early into the vote counting, but none of this makes it any less shocking.

Goodness me.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I'm not surprised at all...
Hillary sure had a lot of issues with the E-mails and how she cheated against Bernie Sanders.
It was reported that Bernie had more votes than Hillary.
So in the end, both of them are bad guys, but one at least admits he's a bad guy from the very beginning.

Plus... in the Firebot thread, you Smogonites predicted how each state would vote, right?
I trust that Smogonites are the most clever bunch of people I've ever met (that's around my age).
That, was when I knew Trump's going to win.
================

To be honest, it's not the end of the world.

For a country with a running system like USA, it shouldn't matter that much, right?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Republicans already control both houses of Congress and with a pseudo-Republican plutocrat puppet in the White House instead of a defiant, well-liked Democrat, oh boy... It matters alright, Cresselia~~~~~. Who knows whether it's Trump we need to keep them in check or vice-versa but either way it's bad fucking news. The best some of us can hope for is typical Republicans-fucking-things-up and not, say, the collapse of the United States into a black hole that destroys the universe.

And RIP healthcare for the non-wealthy. RIP environmental protections. Possibly RIP women's rights, i.e. abortion.

I hate saying it but being a straight white male has never more of a benefit for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)