VGC 2012 rules up!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't know about everywhere, but at the Florida Battle Roads for the TCG it was announced that their will for a fact be a VGC Regional in Florida the same weekend as the TCG Regional at the same venue, with the TCG swiss matches being Saturday and the VGC matches being Sunday.
Do you know which weekend the Florida regional will be and the city it'll take place in?

I think it's safe to say Europe will get the same ruleset, Ruben.

Gotta say this is the best ruleset they have had in all these years. 649 allows for a great diversity of teams although I believe the November Regionals' winning teams will run rampant and be copied a lot by the spring Regionals players and at the European event.
Dark Void ban is a blessing although I don't understand why they haven't already banned that move in 09/10 because there were significantly fewer countermeasures than there are now. Now you'd have Wide Guard, Prankster Taunt / Safeguard among other things to stop Dark Void from ruining your day if you don't lead Lum / Chesto - but anyway, it's great to see that move banned because it makes a good amount of teams viable that would be in trouble against Dark Void.

Also, did anyone else notice that it doesn't say anything about team preview? In the document it only says "pick 4 out of 6 for a double battle" but it doesn't say if you get to see the oppponent's team. I suppose and hope it's team preview on because otherwise it's all about some meta-teams and how to counter them, team preview allows for more diversity in 649 IMO.

I think it's safe to say Europe will get the same ruleset, Ruben.

Gotta say this is the best ruleset they have had in all these years. 649 allows for a great diversity of teams although I believe the November Regionals' winning teams will run rampant and be copied a lot by the spring Regionals players and at the European event.
Dark Void ban is a blessing although I don't understand why they haven't already banned that move in 09/10 because there were significantly fewer countermeasures than there are now. Now you'd have Wide Guard, Prankster Taunt / Safeguard among other things to stop Dark Void from ruining your day if you don't lead Lum / Chesto - but anyway, it's great to see that move banned because it makes a good amount of teams viable that would be in trouble against Dark Void.

Also, did anyone else notice that it doesn't say anything about team preview? In the document it only says "pick 4 out of 6 for a double battle" but it doesn't say if you get to see the oppponent's team. I suppose and hope it's team preview on because otherwise it's all about some meta-teams and how to counter them, team preview allows for more diversity in 649 IMO.
The truth is that I also think it will be the same rules, but like Mike document formats Liesik announces 3 more because I was confused.
As for copying the regional issues in November, it is true, many people in Europe began to copy teams, but those winners in November, I'm sure most (not all) other teams copied while they are training people with I mean that Europeans are not the only teams that copy.

and if true, the rules are the best * _ *, as to be able to see the opponent's team before starting the fight, I think it's logical, but it is also true that they have not officially announced

-------------------------------
Yo la verdad es que también pienso que serán las mismas reglas, pero como en el documento de Mike Liesik anuncia 3 formatos más, pues me ha confundido.

Lo de copiar teams de los regionales de noviembre, es cierto, mucha gente de Europa empezara a copiar teams, però esos ganadores de noviembre, estoy seguro que la mayoría (no todos) copiaran teams de otras personas mientras esten entrenando, con esto quiero decir que los europeos no son los únicos que copian teams.

y si es cierto, las reglas son las mejores *_*, en cuanto a poder ver el team del rival antes de empezar el combate, yo creo que ya es algo lógico, aunque también es cierto que no lo han anunciado oficialmente

Hope no one wanted a break from weather ^_^

Without a doubt it'll be an awesome year.

@soul survivor: It's pretty safe to say that the battle competition IR feature will be used again, which includes Team Preview.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2109182&postcount=190

Worry not, Team Preview is still around.

Thank god for all pokes other than events and cover mascots.

This year I have a feeling it's trick rooms (Maybe), Rain, Sand,
maybe a bit of sun, and anti weather hail (Only), with the ever fun good stuffs.

Nintendo will never allow event pokes unless the off chance they realease them all in such a way only an imbicile can miss them (AKA release in game). The only reason why is because no one wants to see legends spammers win.

This year I finally may be able to go. 3 hours from my house to the Indianapolis one? OH HECK YES!

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Uhh....Does this mean that Meloetta, Genesect, and Keldeo are legal in VGCs?
From the rules:
"Players may use Pokémon from the National Pokédex, from No. 001–646, that are caught in the game, transferred from a previous Pokémon title, or received at an official event or distribution"

Since those three are after #646, they wouldn't be allowed for VGC even if a distribution event for them was suddenly announced tomorrow, allowing you get obtain them legally.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Basically what we were all expecting. Well played TCPi, giving people what they want and all that. You sly dogs.

We're all excited for variety but if we get real, there will still be some very popular and common teams *cough* Drizzletoed *cough*. Should be better than last years efforts though. Will mean that practicing on GBU can pay dividends, and more people online, th better.

Early call though, Durant for the win. Just putting it out there early.

Good rules.

Also, any word on time limits for battles? Kind of a trivial thing I guess, but there was one team I was testing out on GBU that often required more than 15 minutes to win, so for that reason I was thinking I probably wouldn't be able to use it for VGCs if they keep the time limit the same as last year's.

1 minute time limit per move is okay. The thing that sucks is that battles are set for a more lower time than GBU...I think the correct thing would be to make a 1 or 1:30 minute limit per move, and 30 min battles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)