VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to keep it level 1, you'll have to stick to vitamins and wings and maybe those EV packs from Join Avenue. It's possible, just quite time-consuming.

Has anyone took their system international and had any problems with the GBU or Global link or anything? I am going to be doing some extensive traveling and want to get prepared beforehand if there are going to be any conflicts...I mean, you can really only enjoy a few months in the rainforest if you can still play Pokemon.

I have a question how would you ev train a level one breeded pokemon?
I personally only train Pokémon via battles for completing the story. Since BW1 came out, I found its always faster to vitamin/wing your EV's. First off, counting is easier because you can note how many items you have in your bag. This also extends to calculating how many you are supposed to have afterwards.

Has anyone took their system international and had any problems with the GBU or Global link or anything? I am going to be doing some extensive traveling and want to get prepared beforehand if there are going to be any conflicts...I mean, you can really only enjoy a few months in the rainforest if you can still play Pokemon.
I worked business IT for various years. I will tell you the same thing I told them. Many hotels secure there access with a security page which can only be accessed with a web browser. Most handheld devices are incapable of handling this style of security and will not be able to connect. Although most Wi-Fi networks you will encounter operate from B/G signals, those are quickly becoming extinct for the newer N signal technology. (The DSi/DSi XL is necessary to handle G technologies and the 3DS for the N.) One loop-hole, if you have a newer Samsung Android phone or Android tablet, you will likely be able to turn it into a WiFi hot-spot for your Nintendo DS (this is next to impossible to do with an iPhone.)

Uggh... that question was already answered, and wing? No one has that much patience or time, to walk around, and have a 50% chance of getting a wing, that might not even be the one your looking for. You can use Pokecheck to check Ev's to, and it's more resourceful in case you loose count.

Just adding in there that using PP of moves is an easy and pretty good way to count EVs. Say my Hydreigon has 15 Dark Pulse, and the Pokerus. I fight wild Pokemon, but only Solosis on Route 9, b/c he's being trained in SpA (I EV train for one stat at a time). Note that all of the hits are OHKOs. When Hydreigon runs out of PP for that move, I jot down on my paper that he got 60 SpA EVs. Then I go to a Pokemon Center, heal, and rinse and repeat.
In case anything goes wrong, though, always have at least a sticky not and a pen/pencil on hand.

Uggh... that question was already answered, and wing? No one has that much patience or time, to walk around, and have a 50% chance of getting a wing, that might not even be the one your looking for. You can use Pokecheck to check Ev's to, and it's more resourceful in case you loose count.
Some of us have our bags max'd out with Wings and Vitamins. So, your theory about time is so out of wack.

I have a question how would you ev train a level one breeded pokemon?
If you'd like to get your Pokemon into the level range where you can actually fight the things you're getting EVs off of, I suggest this:

1) Give your Level 1 bred Pokemon a Lucky Egg.
2) Have a powerful Explosion user on hand.
3) Have your bred Pokemon at the front of your party.
4) Bike up and down a route with high leveled Audino until you see a shaking grass patch (I suggest Route 14 around the stairs area for BW and Route 1, 2, or 3 for B2W2).
5) Start battle, switch to your Explosion user, Explode, and have your Level 1 Pokemon take all the experience, most likely jumping from level 1 to level 30ish.

You gain only 2 HP EVs from this whole process. 2 EVs will be wasted EV training regardless, so that isn't much to take into the EVing process.

If you'd like to get your Pokemon into the level range where you can actually fight the things you're getting EVs off of, I suggest this:

1) Give your Level 1 bred Pokemon a Lucky Egg.
2) Have a powerful Explosion user on hand.
3) Have your bred Pokemon at the front of your party.
4) Bike up and down a route with high leveled Audino until you see a shaking grass patch (I suggest Route 14 around the stairs area for BW and Route 1, 2, or 3 for B2W2).
5) Start battle, switch to your Explosion user, Explode, and have your Level 1 Pokemon take all the experience, most likely jumping from level 1 to level 30ish.

You gain only 2 HP EVs from this whole process. 2 EVs will be wasted EV training regardless, so that isn't much to take into the EVing process.
I recommend adding in the EXP+ Pass Power.

Here is my strategy for quick leveling (BW1/2)
1.Hatch the Pokemon
2. Teach it Substitute/Toxic/Protect (Drop Protect if you have more egg moves, don't use if you have a lot of egg moves you want to keep)
3.Go to Giant Chasm(Bw1)/Route 1(Bw2) and find a Audino. set up a sub t1, toxic t2, use combos of protect/sub until it dies.
4. Get tons of EXP (lucky egg reccomended.)

so i have noticed a lot of teams use at least 1 dragon type in competitive teams, my question is were the trio of unova "legendary" dragons legal last year and how effective were they?

so i have noticed a lot of teams use at least 1 dragon type in competitive teams, my question is were the trio of unova "legendary" dragons legal last year and how effective were they?
Assuming you mean Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem, all three were banned from last and this year's rule set.

I have just two questions:
1- Which is a good IV's spreed for a HP Grass choice specs Rotom-H?
2- Do i get (or miss) any important KO's if i use the standard 252/252?

I have just two questions:
1- Which is a good IV's spreed for a HP Grass choice specs Rotom-H?
2- Do i get (or miss) any important KO's if i use the standard 252/252?
1- 2 Atk IVs / 30 Sp. Atk IVs
Just remember to make the Sp. Attack EVs 248 so you don't waste any EVs!

Hey guys, I´ve 3 questions:

1. What is are good EVs for adamant Tyranitar? I heared that 252 KP / 124 Atk / 36 Def / 96 SDef are good to survive a MM from Metagross and OHKO Scizor with Fire Punch. Do you have better Splits or is this split good?

2. I want to try Excadrill in combination with Ttar cause imo atm the most common weather is sandstorm as anti weather (LO-Exca in Endgame). Is this a good idea or not because it´s played not often imo.

3. What´s good in genereal and good to check Landorus T in GBU Doubles?

Even though it's weak to ground, I've found Bisharp to be an amazing Landorus-t check due to Defiant. It also doesn't like intimidate, so something like Gyarados could wall it an KO. The Tyranitar looks fine, and while Excadrill with ttar is popular, it is so because it's a strong combo. I think you'll be fine with it.

Ty. I think Cresselia will be good with Icy Wind against it too, won´t it? And what are other good teammates to this core? I consider to use modest Salamence too because of Intimidate and that it is not affected by EQ. Have you ideas for other mons which are good when I have the Ttar/Exca/Cresse-Core ( I think one man on the worlds had a similar team, but it was bw1 afaik, my team should be for bw2+therians, tutors etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)