Media Videogame thread

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i plan to get a ps4 soon and these are the games I really want to get and why:

Dishonored Series (Dishonored, Dishonored 2, Death of the Outsider):
- I have played all of them and most of the DLC before on several different systems, but by and far they are one of my favorite series. If you don't know, they are a sandbox type game similar to Prey or the Bioshock series or Half Life 2. You are placed into a level, which is typically a rather large area filled with buildings, NPCs, several mission areas, and includes underwater channels to get to your location, overhead rooftop locations, or neutral street sides. Your objective is typically to eliminate a certain NPC by any means necessary, and you have a myriad of gadgets and powers at your disposal, from a mine that displaces razorblades that chop up anyone who walks by, to supernatural powers like possession of rats / humans or the ability to teleport a short distance. The best thing about this series is the amount of freedom you have and the ability to play around in these levels. It is a stealth game first and foremost, so you can think of it kind of like supernatural hitman. There are so many ways to go about killing people, or not killing people, eliminating a target via an epic sword fight or setting him up to be publicly shamed and ostracized by doing side missions. It is a really cool epic series and I HIGHLY recommend it over anything else

Here is a video that showcases some of the cool stuff you can do in the game. This guy is a speed runner though, most levels typically take 1-2 hours if not longer unless you are just running through and the world is VERY cool. Steampunk dystopia with tons of random books and lore to pick up that tie a bunch of random shit together, it really makes the world feel real
and immersive.

Honorable Mention: Prey

Hollow Knight
- I have talked about this before but this game is a really really cool indie game. It is a metroidvania, on both the Switch and PS4, and if you dont know what a metroidvania is it's similar to zelda games. You get a large mapped area that you have to explore in order to find more powerups for your character which in turn unlock more of the map. Hollow Knight is an absolute steal, only 15$ and for that reason alone it's well worth the money. If anything I feel bad only paying 15$ because it is easily worth 60$. There is multiple DLC out for free with the game, and this game is one of those I played that I was 30 hours in and was STILL discovering new areas, new enemies, new bossfights, etc. It is highly unlikely unless you look at a guide that you will uncover everything there is to uncover in the game; hell I doubt you'd even uncover 60% of the game in a normal playthrough. Another must buy imo, I've pirated it twice, bought it once, and plan to get it on PS4 once again. It's a little difficult to get the hang of the combat but once you do it's so smooth and rewarding

Here is a video that showcases a boss fight, imo one of the best and coolest fights. The level of difficulty in this game is high, and I like games like that that challenge you, but oh man is it rewarding when you finally beat them. The coolest thing about this game is that although there are a lot of super hard fights, you only technically have to fight like 4 bosses to beat the game. So there are always other areas to explore if you get stuck, other upgrades you can get to make a fight easier, etc.

Honorable mention: Axiom Verge, Shadow Complex, Celeste

Bioshock collection (Bioshock 1, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite)
- If you have not played these before on PS3 or PC I highly recommend them as well. These are an immersive sim like Dishonored although there is less freedom involved on how and what to do in beating the game. The setting is one of the best I've seen in a game in a while, an underwater dystopia filled with insane humans. You start off with a wrench like in Half Life and quickly gain an assortment of powers, such as the ability to summon Bees that attack your enemy, fire to light things on fire, a shock power, etc. The cool thing about this is that there is just so much to explore and collect, along with the story of them being great. I did not like Infinite as much as the first two but Infinite is really cool with its twisted history of the foundings of America and its astute analysis of the political and social climate (particularly in regards to race). This is one of those I had planned to buy just to have the entire series and able to play, very very good.

Honorable Mention: Thief, System Shock

Dark Cloud 1 + 2
- These are legacy games, originally PS2 but I believe they are on the PS store. They are based on dungeon crawling games, with a randomly generated dungeon with random enemies, and the goal is just to get to the end of all the floors. Maybe this is nostalgia speaking but I loved these games as a kid and have revisited them over and over. The unique thing about these games is you have a power that lets you unlock real world items, called "Georama," that you must encounter in the dungeons and use to build up the real world (which has been completely obliterated by an evil genie). In a way, its kinda like a dungeon crawler meets Sim City, as you can customize your town how you want (limited in the first game, more customizable in the second game). The more stuff you unlock, including different NPCs, the more items you can buy as well as well lore and story progression. The only shitty thing about the first game is that it has a thirst system that you have to constantly make sure you are hydrating yourself with "Tasty Water" or else your health will drop. An RPG classic if you are into RPGs like that.

Here is a gameplay video if you wanted to view it, Dark Cloud 1 is more limiting but still very fun imo. Dark Cloud 2 has a TON of extra features. There are multiple minigames you can play on top of the basic dungeon crawling + overworld area, such as a fishing minigame, a fish RACE minigame in which you use the fish you have caught and race with them, a golf minigame that you play in the dungeon, medal collecting for collectathon ppl out there, and a photography mode that lets you invent new items. Very well worth 100+ hours.

Dark Souls Trilogy / Bloodborne
- I mentioned before that I like difficult but rewarding games, and so obviously this list has to have Dark Souls in it. Infamous I'm sure you've heard of them, so I won't touch onto the difficulty. I for one don't really find the difficulty to be that bad. The learning curve at first is a little rough but by the time you've beaten like your 2nd or 3rd boss you should be getting into the swing of things. The thing I love about these games is the indepth world building; I have literally never seen a game with such little story thrown to you that actually has a deep and immersive world behind each and every insignificant item drop. Every item in the game has a tiny, sometimes 1-2 sentence description of how it pieces together in the world, and people literally spend hours making lore videos to piece together the story of the Dark Souls universe. You play the game or that sense of accomplishment, but you continue past your first game or your first playthrough just so you can see more of the lore. I highly recommend Bloodborne at least, as it is possibly the most coherent of all the series games in terms of lore, and is one of the easiest to play due to its mechanics (there are things called blood vials that make it easy to heal, you get health back if you immediately retaliate with an enemy, allowing you to trade blows in a sense, and the fast paced combat makes fights pretty easy to handle). Additionally, Nekiro: Shadows Die Twice is going to come out in 2019 and looks to be amazing. Imagine dark souls but instead you are a ninja with the ability to grappling hook everywhere. Very excited for this one.

Honorable Mention: Salt and Sanctuary, Nioh

Darksiders Series
- I have only played the 2nd one, but on ps3 i encountered a game breaking bug about 95% of the way through the game so I never finished it. Very fun, it was like an amalgamation of Devil May Cry combat meets Legend of Zelda exploration with inspiration from a ton of different games like Portal or God of War. A mixture of combat and puzzles, I personally can't wait for Darksiders 3 to come out next year (I think in March?) You play as one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse and go on a journey discovering more about the supernatural side of the world, from encountering demons in one level to the undead in the next to fighting angels and then also visiting the human plane of existence. From what I understand there are tons of side quests and mini bosses / puzzles to go backtrack and revisit areas. Mindless fun to an extent, you really feel like an acclaimed warrior with some of the powerups, and a lot of the boss fights are super epic. There is one bossfight that is reminiscient of Shadows of the Colossus in the 2nd game that is super cool.

Honorable Mention: God of War games

Borderlands Collection
- Cool games, I thoroughly enjoyed them best with a friend. Basically these games are all about loot, it's just a self aware, hilarious and edgy game series with excellent dialogue and premise. They don't give two shits about a story for the most part, all your character wants is to explore the world and gain treasure and bigger and better weapons. They are fun solo but with other people are an absolute blast. Borderlands 2 VR is out I think, I keep seeing ads about it and that's probably pretty fun. If you want witty dialogue or just kinda mindless shooting and entertainment then these games will keep you going forever. There are tons of easter eggs or side missions and collectables to get and the missions themselves, however pointless, never seem to really get old. Fuck, when I was playing with my friend for the first time we would literally do every single mission we could and not once did I ever say "fuck it I jsut want to do story" as the missions themselves were often well worth the effort (not even in loot just in experience lol).

Honorable Mentions (games I have not played or cannot write a paragraph about)
- Persona 5
- Spyro Trilogy / Crash Bandicoot Trilogy
- The Witcher 3
- Okami ----->
highly recommend if you like zelda games, I've never played it but i've been anxiously waiting to get it when I get a ps4
- A Hat in Time: Collectathon, if you like Super Mario Odyssey or Super Mario Sunshine then this is a cute game for you to pick up
- Agony / Outlast: Survival Horror games, very good. Don't highly recommned them because I personally cannot play them for very long but they are good nonetheless

Games that are Eh for various reasons but may be worth your time:

- Assassins Creed series
Personally I don't really mind the series, but I have not played since AC4 came out. To my knowledge Odyssey and Origins are both good, but I'm not sure if that's just because they're flagship titles and get acclaimed reviews or if they are actually good. I thoroughly enjoyed AC2 --> AC4, being able to play as a pirate or as Ezio or as a native american is really cool. I live in Virginia, so AC3 was especially cool because there were a lot of places, events, and people that I have learned about or saw. AC4 is especially beautiful, probably more so on PS4 (I played on PS3) and it's just so fun to just be a pirate and do pirate things. The downside to these games is that they are often a little buggy visually (as I'm sure you've seen memes), the "real life" story is kinda garbage, and a lot of the missions or side quests are just checklists of things to do. Kill this ship, find this special codex item, kill this dude. If you're looking for an assassin game, Dishonored is so much better, but being able to parkour and explore the different environments is what I really like about this game series. Again, haven't played Odyssey or Origins, and from what I've seen not really sure if I want to as i don't really like the RPG elements they've put into the game but go for it if you want

- "Press triangle to win" games
These types of games are games that include the Batman Arkham series, some of the Assassin Creeds games, the Shadow of Mordor series, etc. Basically these games would be super cool, with a nice environment, pretty graphics, maybe a cool theme, but or me the whole thing is ruined by the combat, which often just revolves around pressing Triangle at the right times. Shadow of Mordor and Batman in particular do this and that can get frustrating once you realize that fact, as the counter is just blatantly overpowered. These are games that I thought didn't really have that great of a story or were so convoluted so as to detract from the story, and the combat just doesn't really make up for that fact. Probably around a B tier game series imo.

Last edited:

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
have you played at all? i have never played the franchise and know nothing about it. would I still understand the narrative?
I haven't no, as I don't have a PS4, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. From what I understand it takes place a long time after the third installment and that the story is mostly self-contained so it shouldn't be a problem to understand the narrative.

Reactions: v

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Seconding hollow knight, I have like 60 hours on the Switch and I still have shit left to do and I’m still hyped to do them

No mention of Horizon or The Last of Us?

I guess TLOU is a ps3 game but it's still a must play for the ps4 if you haven't played it. Horizon is a really fun game too (and ps4 exclusive!)

Reactions: tcr

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
No mention of Horizon or The Last of Us?

I guess TLOU is a ps3 game but it's still a must play for the ps4 if you haven't played it. Horizon is a really fun game too (and ps4 exclusive!)
what is the last of us?

what is the last of us?
yea i mean if i had to summarize "zombie apocalypse survival" is probably the most straightforward way of putting it. it's a game that tries to tell a "realistic" zombie story and succeeds. the game has awesome characters and tells a really compelling and engaging story with good game mechanics. i don't think you'd find many people who would say that they didn't like the plot; that's really the big draw to the game. personally, it's the only game that i have ever felt compelled to replay multiple times because the story/characters are just that good

game mechanics are good too with a mix between fighting zombies and human enemies. i wouldn't consider it anything revolutionary (and you'll find a lot more detractors/criticisms here) but in general it's fun and fits with the story. nothing is super complicated but everything is challenging enough to keep you involved in the plot of the game.

i'm not doing the game justice here i imagine but yea. for the price and time investment (not much compared to something like fallout 4 i would think) you really can't go wrong.

Reactions: v

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I got a ps4 to play spiderman the other day, and i was hopin to get some recommendations for Cool Games. heres what i already have:
-rdr2 from bundle
-spiderman
-shadow of the colossus
-skyrim
-fallout 4
-shadow of mordor

i also have a switch with dragonball fighter z and xenoverse and the southpark games. i think everything else i have for switch is an exclusive or skyrim, so thats pretty much my current gen. if theres a rly insanely cool 4k hdr game im missing lemme know.
Play NieR:Automata (it's available on PS4 and PC)

JRPG about androids fighting a war to allow humans to get back to Earth against machine life-forms that invaded Earth. Gameplay is incredibly fun and the story is reasonably short but loops around a few times and has 26 potential unique endings depending on what you do/which side quests you complete/which story cycle you're on etc. Gameplay/combat is extremely enjoyable and its storyline+OST+English voice acting are pretty great too; you'll get hours out of it and thanks to the story structure it never feels like the end is out of sight, which is my main issue with most JRPGs just due to their typically massive story arcs.

Last edited:
From has specifically said that Sekiro isn't going to be "Dark Souls but with ninja/samurai". I'd totally be up for more Dark Souls with slight variations but I'm also curious to see what they make when starting from a blank slate.

Bloodborne is probably my favorite PS4 exclusive, I personally like it less than Souls but it depends whether or not a faster pace to the combat, gothic Victorian setting instead of medieval fantasy, and simplified character customization and build options with transforming weapons instead of shields and magic appeal to you.

Persona 5 is somewhat bloated but otherwise an excellent JRPG

Nier Automata is a decent action game with a story that really comes together by the end

Hollow Knight I played on PC and not PS4 but it's the best metroidvania game and personal GOTY 2017

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is a somewhat repetitive but very solid action game with some great looking 2D art

Yakuza 0 is a weird mess of a game that has a lot of charm. The story takes forever to get going and the combat isn't particularly good but all the goofy side stories and minigames do a lot to keep the game interesting.

Nioh is Dark Souls with more complicated combat. Unfortunately it's a step down in most other ways, unless you prefer sorting through lots of random loot or jumping from location to location instead of having one big world.

Anyone here still play Street Fighter IV? I'd love to find more players for it, gotten real good with my Omega Vega, Balrog, and Bison. SFV has gotten better since the input delay was reduced but it's still kinda cruddy since they keep it so top heavy

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
From has specifically said that Sekiro isn't going to be "Dark Souls but with ninja/samurai". I'd totally be up for more Dark Souls with slight variations but I'm also curious to see what they make when starting from a blank slate.
From what i've seen in some articles like this one, it looks to be very similar to Dark Souls but without the RPG elements and customization....

Which is great! Possibly the weakest points of the series imo were the character customization (never been a fan of that, it just feels like a waste of time to me rather just get into the game) and the huge array of weapons / paths you can take. Now you might be sitting here like, wow did he really say that? But hear me out! I think a foucs on the singleplayer aspect of the game (Sekiro will have no multiplayer) as well as an emphasis on the combat will truly bring out the best in the Dark Souls series. Entirely focusing on the story instead of multiplayer or invasions or making certain all weapons are balanced is something I think will be very beneficial, especially as I am someone that doesn't really play online often (blood splatters I find kinda gimmicky, messages are intrusive, coop is a cheap way out of the experience, and combat is too heavily tilted to ganksquads fucking you ony our first playthru or lagswitchers and hackers, plus server lag). I'm very excited if thats the case, especially since they hinted that it would be a spiritual successor to some stealth based games, which are by and far my favorite style of game to play (if you didn't already tell from my post above).

Now if only they remade Thief well.....

Nioh is Dark Souls with more complicated combat. Unfortunately it's a step down in most other ways, unless you prefer sorting through lots of random loot or jumping from location to location instead of having one big world.
Would you say its worth picking up or trying at all? I don't want to spend up to 60$ on an inferior dark souls if i can just play dark souls, and if its worse than dark souls 2 I just wont pick it up at all. Never liked random loot drops like that and the thing I love most about the soulsborne games is the cohesive world that you can just walk everywhere (or most places in case of bloodborne).

I like the RPG stuff, going without it in Sekiro will be a pretty big departure. In addition it sounds like you're going to be using the sword as your primary weapon and then a bunch of different subweapons or tools to back it up or deal with specific enemies or situations, jumping will be a part of combat, you seem to have a lot more mobility options, etc. It sounds almost more like a Zelda game than Souls (in terms of combat), though it'll probably be more complex than Zelda games usually are.

Would you say its worth picking up or trying at all? I don't want to spend up to 60$ on an inferior dark souls if i can just play dark souls, and if its worse than dark souls 2 I just wont pick it up at all. Never liked random loot drops like that and the thing I love most about the soulsborne games is the cohesive world that you can just walk everywhere (or most places in case of bloodborne).
I would say I definitely like it less than any of the Soulsborne games, but I still enjoyed it. I think the combat is the biggest strength, the stance changing/ki pulse adds an additional layer that you have to keep in mind, it's still fast and very easy to die if you slip up. There are also skill trees for each weapon, a lot of the stuff in them is admittedly kind of useless but some are nice. The interconnected world is gone though, you just jump from location to location and can revisit old locations if you want. This does leave it able to tell more of a story since the player isn't just free to wander wherever like in Dark Souls but the story it tells isn't very good. The stuff that drops from chests and enemies is randomized so you end up spending a lot of time sorting through it and selling/recycling the junk drops, area and enemy variety could be a bit better, etc.

I'd say it's worth trying if you like Souls games a lot, PS4 version is fairly cheap on Amazon at the moment so it shouldn't be a huge investment.

Reactions: tcr
So during the last month or so I've been playing Forza Horizon 4.

What made me get the game was the surprisingly great optimization for the PC. You get pretty much top-notch visuals for comparatively laughable requirements. Apart from that, it's a pretty nice game... though I prefer the Motorsport games because I don't like open worlds with no direction.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I would be legitimately ashamed to admit that I had "accomplished" some of the tasks in red dead 2 like winning three hands of blackjack while hitting four times (a task completely devoid of gameplay that shows no one at Rockstar had ever played blackjack before) or collecting cigarette cards (which permanently deleted two of my trinkets), both tasks that took around two hours each, except that I could watch watch movies on my laptop while mashing the x button. I have probably spent about 10 hours in Red Dead 2 mashing the x button while watching movies. This is all really emblematic of the game as a whole. Collect a thousand fucking pelts (no, only the PRISTINE ones). Get mauled by a bear 18 times. It's like the single player game just exists to condition you for the pay to advance multiplayer where it takes 8 hours to get a single gold bar. Absolute garbage game.

I would be legitimately ashamed to admit that I had "accomplished" some of the tasks in red dead 2 like winning three hands of blackjack while hitting four times (a task completely devoid of gameplay that shows no one at Rockstar had ever played blackjack before) or collecting cigarette cards (which permanently deleted two of my trinkets), both tasks that took around two hours each, except that I could watch watch movies on my laptop while mashing the x button. I have probably spent about 10 hours in Red Dead 2 mashing the x button while watching movies. This is all really emblematic of the game as a whole. Collect a thousand fucking pelts (no, only the PRISTINE ones). Get mauled by a bear 18 times. It's like the single player game just exists to condition you for the pay to advance multiplayer where it takes 8 hours to get a single gold bar. Absolute garbage game.
Imagine just... not doing the things you don't enjoy doing.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Imagine just... not doing the things you don't enjoy doing.
"really emblematic of the game as a whole"

It's an open world game. If the open world is tedious, then all that's left is to rush through a so-so story that as a prequel is predictable

Again, everyone universally hates the online for the same reasons, so why does the single player get a pass?

"really emblematic of the game as a whole"

It's an open world game. If the open world is tedious, then all that's left is to rush through a so-so story that as a prequel is predictable

Again, everyone universally hates the online for the same reasons, so why does the single player get a pass?
There is plenty to do in the game without resorting to stuff you apparently hate doing.

And pretty sure people hate the online because it's a terrible cash grab that you can barely play without spending a bunch of additional money.

what is the last of us?
A game you shouldn't bother playing.

"get mauled by a bear 18 times" lmfao what?

Did you consider just sticking to the parts you enjoyed? The story, perhaps?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Did you consider just sticking to the parts you enjoyed? The story, perhaps?
The story is one of the most insulting, circular, and ultimately plot hole filled messes I've seen from a AAA game in a few years. Now that I've beaten it, the story is honestly worse than the gameplay over all. "What about the muneh" -> "I have a PLAN" -> Plan fails -> Our oblivious harem protagonist: "Is Dutch the bad guy??? Naaaaaah". Rinse and repeat. Just watch any video by people who say they like the game and listen to how much they bleat out the meme PLAN like it's Resident Evil 5 with PARTNER. The game is sanctimonious as fuck and goes out of its way to avoid being compelling (really drops the ball on the traitor subplot) in favor of black and white morality like it's the movie Avatar. Bad guys are bad (and sometimes racist). Good guys are good. The few fun missions I remember were mostly in the second epilogue, cause there are two epilogues as the game endeavors to end as much like the original RDR as possible. I would guess that a huge gap in the plot between games could be DLC, but with Red Dead Online existing, we all know that's unlikely.

Ever since the PS3 era Rockstar has thought they were Francis Ford Coppola making incredibly pretentious drivel (Nico would you like to go bowling?), but the plots of AAA games are usually worse than even hollywood remakes. In the process, they often forget that video games should be fun. Well, maybe a Papers Please or This War of Mine shouldn't be fun, but a GTA game sure as hell should be. And in 15 years RDR1 was the only really really great game they made, one of the best games ever, but oh well.

Honestly, we got past asking "are video games art?", but nobody ever asked if video games were good art. And how can they ever be in an industry so reliant on endless sequels? Any slightly pretentious AAA game people just eat up because nobody has any standards.

(incidentally since you brought it up, most of this applied to The Last of Us too)

Honestly, we got past asking "are video games art?", but nobody ever asked if video games were good art. And how can they ever be in an industry so reliant on endless sequels? Any slightly pretentious AAA game people just eat up because nobody has any standards.
I'm glad you're around to keep us all grounded in reality

The story is one of the most insulting, circular, and ultimately plot hole filled messes I've seen from a AAA game in a few years. Now that I've beaten it, the story is honestly worse than the gameplay over all. "What about the muneh" -> "I have a PLAN" -> Plan fails -> Our oblivious harem protagonist: "Is Dutch the bad guy??? Naaaaaah". Rinse and repeat. Just watch any video by people who say they like the game and listen to how much they bleat out the meme PLAN like it's Resident Evil 5 with PARTNER. The game is sanctimonious as fuck and goes out of its way to avoid being compelling (really drops the ball on the traitor subplot) in favor of black and white morality like it's the movie Avatar. Bad guys are bad (and sometimes racist). Good guys are good. The few fun missions I remember were mostly in the second epilogue, cause there are two epilogues as the game endeavors to end as much like the original RDR as possible. I would guess that a huge gap in the plot between games could be DLC, but with Red Dead Online existing, we all know that's unlikely.

Ever since the PS3 era Rockstar has thought they were Francis Ford Coppola making incredibly pretentious drivel (Nico would you like to go bowling?), but the plots of AAA games are usually worse than even hollywood remakes. In the process, they often forget that video games should be fun. Well, maybe a Papers Please or This War of Mine shouldn't be fun, but a GTA game sure as hell should be. And in 15 years RDR1 was the only really really great game they made, one of the best games ever, but oh well.

(incidentally since you brought it up, most of this applied to The Last of Us too)
I like your opinions.

(TLOU sucked)

Fun little picture. A couple of years old but still relevant imo.

I miss Midnight Club

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Well, to introduce a new topic, who's excited for the new Animal Crossing on the switch????
Estatic

Finally got my switch a few months back and have been playing games non-stop since. Here are my quick thoughts on games I played:

Super Mario Odyssey: Main campaign is a blast, end game is personally a slog due to moon oversaturation. Think its good, but Yooka Laylee still leaves a bigger impression for some reason.
Breath of The Wild: I have spent way too much time with this game. Gigantic world but so much to do. Combat is crisp and weapon durability keeps combat fresh. Haven't finished it yet because library of games is big and game itself is huge, but something I look forward to finishing.
Hyper Light Drifter: Fun game that is tough as nails and light on the story, not a hindrance in the slightest so far. Just beat boss 2 (crystal one) but haven't played in a while.
Hollow Knight: Refer to above but also add great platforming and metroidvania elements.
Miles and Kilo: Small game I got for a few bucks. As tough as nails due to being a precision pseudo-auto-runner. But level design is also kinda meh. Its fine and fun before you burn out and uninstall.
Lets Go Eevee: Partially hampered by my Nuzlocke play of Fire Red, but still fun nonetheless. Catching mons is an interesting mechanic to it instead of wild battles, not completely sure how I feel about it. Otherwise Kanto for the nth time and while I still need 3 more badges can't wait for Gen 8 this year.
Okami: Fuuuuuuck this is good. Brush is done in a great way, combat is great, it looks GORGEOUS, music is fantastic. Would finish it but Blockhead Grande triggers my Completionist glands.
Passpartout The Starving Artist: Super relaxing game. Kinda requires a mood to play, but you'll enjoy it once you find it.
Hyrule Warriors: Suprisingly Tactical in Nature, which is an honest suprise. Game itself is gigantic, so haven't even dented it yet. See you in 12 years when I do.
Cave Story: A very well put together game with solid run n gun platforming and a suprisingly well put together story for one as well. Tends to get really confusing at places but Pixel is a weird man. Going in semi-blind is the right choice, since going in blind is nearly impossible these days.
Smash Ultimate: Smash is Smash, is good. Nuff Said.
Kirby Star Allies: Fundamentals are solid and probably good for couch multiplayer, but it just gets long and repetitive after a while cause the game is kinda easy. Haven't done Heroes in Another Dimension and just unlocked Soul Melter but unsure if I want to continue for those for another 10+ hours to fully complete.

Edit forgot one:

Nine Parchements: Twin Stick Shooter apparently similar to Magica. Something my brother got so really don't care, but DO NOT play with one joy stick via single joycons. Serious warning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)