Vivillon Collection

Here in Canada we get the High Plains pattern. When I first saw that its wings weren't pink I thought I had found my first ever random shiny... no such luck unfortunately.

Weird, because where I live is neither high, nor the plains.

I got the Polar pattern. I'm from Sør-Trøndelag in Norway.

Edit:
I made a tread in a Norwegian Pokemon forum to get detailed information about the pattern in Norway.

What I know now about counties in Norway: Hordaland = Tundra, Sør-Trøndelag = Polar, Finnmark = Icy Snow

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I got the Polar pattern. I'm from Sør-Trøndelag in Norway.

Edit:
I made a tread in a Norwegian Pokemon forum to get detailed information about the pattern in Norway.

What I know now about counties in Norway: Hordaland = Tundra, Sør-Trøndelag = Polar, Finnmark = Icy Snow
Weird. I'm also in Sør-Trøndelag (though originally from Akershus), and I got the Continental pattern. Then again, I haven't touched any settings on my 3DS mentioning my location. I have, however, connected it to the Internet, but only when "up here".

Here in Canada we get the High Plains pattern. When I first saw that its wings weren't pink I thought I had found my first ever random shiny... no such luck unfortunately.

Weird, because where I live is neither high, nor the plains.

The high planes pattern is also for california if I remember correctly, and the colors represent the Rastafarian colors.

Put two and two together...very clever Gamefreak.

Well I live in Victoria, Australia and I got the Elegant Pattern.
EDIT: Actually I just remembered it was a Japanese Spewpa.

Weird. I'm also in Sør-Trøndelag (though originally from Akershus), and I got the Continental pattern. Then again, I haven't touched any settings on my 3DS mentioning my location. I have, however, connected it to the Internet, but only when "up here".
What region/country does it say when you go in on << system settings --> other settings --> profile --> region settings >> on your 3DS? Continental is the one for Akershus, Polar is for Sør-Trøndelag. If it only says Region: Norway, that may indicate that the Continental pattern is the "default" pattern for Norway.

News from Norway: 4 different formes exist
Icy Snow: Finnmark
Polar: Sør-Trøndelag
Tundra: Hordaland, Møre og Romsdal
Continental: Rogaland, Akershus, Oslo

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Managed to get two other formes today, the sun forme and the ocean forme. Sun was super lucky on GTS and ocean was through a friend of someone on PS, which is really cool. No clue how to easily get the other formes though (aka archepeligo, sandstorm and savannah). At this point I'm wondering if there would still be any undiscovered, though.

EDIT: France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and most of the countries around that area appear to have different patterns within themselves, so it would be nice to know what province/region a particular pattern is found, as it may differ from area to area.
My guess about Italy is that regions connected with the sea (like mine or Haunter's) have the marine pattern while "inner" regions have meadow pattern

I can confirm that Maryland (US) has Modern pattern. I can also confirm that Vivillon's pattern is determined by the game's region when it is caught (as a Scatterbug).

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
I just moved away to New York =[, but I still have friends that can help get one for me over there.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think the hardest one is savannah or sandstorm now actually. Ocean appears way more (which isn't really much) on GTS whereas I've only seen sandstorm once. Plus not many in those countries seem to have the game.

hey i live in india..well yea there is no nintendo here actually <.< i own a 3ds xl and will be getting pokemon X this weekend...i searched my country in 3ds regions in profiles...there was no option for india lol..and i searched hong kong too just in case and surprisingly hong kong was not there too..so in my opinion..the vivillion we get is not based on the region we have saved in 3ds i beleive...what do u guys think??..

I've collected quite a lot of them now, but I'm still missing 4 patterns.

Looking for Sandstorm, Archipelago, Ocean.

I can offer: MONSOON, Garden, High Plains, Continental, Meadow, River, Marine, TUNDRA, Polar [my pattern], Elegant, ICY SNOW. (+ starter pkmn, Torchic and 6th gen fossils)

Contact me if you want to trade, I may be willing to offer several Pokemon for the rare patterns.

EDIT: got Monsoon for trade :)

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I must say, this variation of pattern was a stroke of genius from GameFreak's part. It really encourages people to trade across the world, pulling more people to the global online services. Also, it is mimicking the real-world hobby of butterfly collecting (though, without the business with pins and boards and such). At the start of Gen. VI, when it was first revealed, Vivillon appeared to be one of the generation's very few formulaic Pokémon, in this case the bog-standard Butterfree clone. GameFreak had got rid of a lot of other cliches, but the staple early-game "larva-becoming-a-butterfly-via-a-short-pupal-stage" Pokémon seemed to remain in the game. However, it turned out there was a surprise up GameFreak's sleeve after all. Well done, I must say. I think we can expect other event Vivillon to be released with unique patterns in the future.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I must say, this variation of pattern was a stroke of genius from GameFreak's part. It really encourages people to trade across the world, pulling more people to the global online services. Also, it is mimicking the real-world hobby of butterfly collecting (though, without the business with pins and boards and such). At the start of Gen. VI, when it was first revealed, Vivillon appeared to be one of the generation's very few formulaic Pokémon, in this case the bog-standard Butterfree clone. GameFreak had got rid of a lot of other cliches, but the staple early-game "larva-becoming-a-butterfly-via-a-short-pupal-stage" Pokémon seemed to remain in the game. However, it turned out there was a surprise up GameFreak's sleeve after all. Well done, I must say. I think we can expect other event Vivillon to be released with unique patterns in the future.
Exactly what I thought too!! I really hope they follow up with festive patterns :D Vivillon is also part of the reason why I want to get a game and play so bad rn although I can't :(

Alberta Canada is confirmed(by me) to have the Polar pattern( its my vivillion)
The only time I've seen savannah on GTS was when it was for a mewtwo and since I'm not that late in the game I couldn't get it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)