Vivillon Collection

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yea they generally go for pretty good stuff. I have a spare sun forme and I'm completely undecided how to use it buut I know I can get something cool with it!

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Goddamn this thread got me addicted. That and I've been looking for a new Flying type to use since I realized you can't use Hawlucha in sky battles or whatever. High Plains, Modern, and Elegant are by far the most common, though I got a Meadow as well. A buddy from Australia will be trading me one from his region tomorrow but for the rest I'm going in circles on the GTS.

I have alot of savannah vivillon (scatterbugs actually, didnt evolve them lol) up for trades. PM me if you guys want to trade. =D

hey i live in india..well yea there is no nintendo here actually <.< i own a 3ds xl and will be getting pokemon X this weekend...i searched my country in 3ds regions in profiles...there was no option for india lol..and i searched hong kong too just in case and surprisingly hong kong was not there too..so in my opinion..the vivillion we get is not based on the region we have saved in 3ds i beleive...what do u guys think??..
It has been confirmed by the Pokemon Company (on the games' website) that Vivillon's pattern is determined by the 3DS's region settings.

Last edited:
Meadow looks the best IMO. Its the default one for a reason I guess. I want to start a nice collection but who knows how many different ones there are

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Meadow looks the best IMO. Its the default one for a reason I guess. I want to start a nice collection but who knows how many different ones there are
I'm partial to Ocean because of the amount of detail on it. For color schemes, I like Monsoon and the snow ones.

Not sure if anyone's said it, but when you breed, the babies are determined by the region they're born in, not the region of their parents. I traded my polar Vivillon to my friend in the UK and all her children were the UK's green forme.

So in other words, you can't just get one rare forme and then breed it to get more!

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Not sure if anyone's said it, but when you breed, the babies are determined by the region they're born in, not the region of their parents. I traded my polar Vivillon to my friend in the UK and all her children were the UK's green forme.

So in other words, you can't just get one rare forme and then breed it to get more!
Damn. Looks like getting a perfect Ocean or Monsoon forme once RNG abuse rolls around is going to be difficult. I actually am interested in trying them out for competitive use and I think High Plains is somewhat ugly.

I found the map is not quite correct for Sweden, where I live - Icy Snow doesn't seem to be that widespread - so I'm conducting some research on the Swedish Pokémon forum right now. :) So far, I can only add that Halland county gets Continental.

Wow, I can't wait to get a copy, Archiplielago is nice but tbh is the purple one I'm the most interested in, so lovely

I found the map is not quite correct for Sweden, where I live - Icy Snow doesn't seem to be that widespread - so I'm conducting some research on the Swedish Pokémon forum right now. :) So far, I can only add that Halland county gets Continental.
Thanks for the correction! What happened with Sweden (and also Brazil and the Czech Republic, for the matter) was that they were first reported with an single pattern spanning the entire country, so that's how they were filled in. But then reports documenting the contrary (Jungle form in the Amazonian regions of Brazil, Continental form in parts of the Czech Republic, and Tundra/Continental forms in Sweden) began popping up. Rather than removing the entire region from the map, i just added the regions confirmed to have a pattern different from the rest of the country as they were reported, keeping the "main" pattern if no single region is specified for the rest.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Btw guys I have only one forme left to collect: sandstorm. Not sure what happens when I get all of them tho, but idk. I kind of wonder if no event occurs in game then chances are there's more to be discovered. Afaik nobody else online has completed the search (well idk it's a guess and given how rare some are you NEED forum connections for it), so we'll see~

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh cool there's a thread for this. My local pattern is the River Pattern, being from New South Wales. So far through GTS and other friendly people, I've managed to obtain Elegant, Meadow, Garden, Archipelago, Ocean, Savanna, High Plains, Continental, Icy Snow, Polar and Modern. Still trying hard to get those last 6!

Btw guys I have only one forme left to collect: sandstorm. Not sure what happens when I get all of them tho, but idk. I kind of wonder if no event occurs in game then chances are there's more to be discovered. Afaik nobody else online has completed the search (well idk it's a guess and given how rare some are you NEED forum connections for it), so we'll see~
Aw, I got an extra Archipelago for you.. Oh well! I have seen one Sandstorm on the GTS, but it was for Yveltal/Xerneas.

Thanks for the correction! What happened with Sweden (and also Brazil and the Czech Republic, for the matter) was that they were first reported with an single pattern spanning the entire country, so that's how they were filled in. But then reports documenting the contrary (Jungle form in the Amazonian regions of Brazil, Continental form in parts of the Czech Republic, and Tundra/Continental forms in Sweden) began popping up. Rather than removing the entire region from the map, i just added the regions confirmed to have a pattern different from the rest of the country as they were reported, keeping the "main" pattern if no single region is specified for the rest.
Yeah, I suspected it was something like that. Västmanland county gets Continental too, and my guess is that most of the southern half has Continental, really, but I can't say for sure yet. (I'll likely get data from at least three other counties today, that'll make it clearer) It would make sense as it is more densely populated than the north, and thus more "continental".

I know about one person who has a complete collection, but he didn't report of anything happening ingame. Sandstorm is actually the only one I'm missing too. I think I may get one today with a bit of luck - I'm just waiting on an answer on a "bid" I gave for it. I can tell you who it is if it works out for me, the source apparently has several Sandstorms.

EDIT 2: Updated to reflect current data up to 10/14/13. Note that there is a good chance that there are still undiscovered forms out there; huge chunks of South America, Africa, Europe, and Asia (including the entire countries of China and Russia!) still have no data on them, so they may still hide a few unknown forms.

Also Greenland and Iceland
I've been updating this document with info from Norway, good to see it included.

I will most definitely be experimenting with different 3DS-regions when PokeBank&PokeTransfer come out, but not now since I have only Pokemon X. I'll report my findings if all hasn't been found out before that. Are there anyone with both X and Y that could restart one of their games and test with some of the unknown areas?

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
Oh cool :) someone I know might have sandstorm too, so we'll see what happens.

And as for resetting, I considered it but the 3DS is region locked so unless you have a game card and 3DS from there it won't work.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Should be getting my Jungle tonight, just 5 to go :D Is there any chance of there being undiscovered forms?

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ah skylight saw you on ps anyway, I think there might be a way to get vivillons by buying the game from other countries.

Oh cool :) someone I know might have sandstorm too, so we'll see what happens.

And as for resetting, I considered it but the 3DS is region locked so unless you have a game card and 3DS from there it won't work.
I did not know that. I checked the list over possible regions on my 3DS and I can choose all of Europe, (Australia and New Zealand), Russia and large parts of Africa, so I should be able to test some currently unknown regions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)