Weirdest Move Animations?

This is just a little one that has always bugged me.

Bulbapedia images have been acting weird lately, so if that isn't showing up for anyone, it's gen 3's animation for Silver Wind.

What's with the one sparkle that bounces off the ground?

DrPumpkinz I had to watch a video to understand what you were talking about and I have no idea what that one sparkle is doing. Maybe to have one particle's behavior be different from the others and give some flair to the animation in the process? I'm annoyed by it now too.

CoolMan6001 I was unsure in which thread to post as the other thread was about sprites and I didn't find one about mons animations but since Snorlax was performing a move, I decided to post it here.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
This is just a little one that has always bugged me.

Bulbapedia images have been acting weird lately, so if that isn't showing up for anyone, it's gen 3's animation for Silver Wind.

What's with the one sparkle that bounces off the ground?
Watching it carefully, it's not the only one that changes it's direction. The ones on the on the top and middle curve upward just before going off screen (and some have a wobbly effect to them). I think the idea is that they're all particles in the wind. The one of the bottom, for one reason or another, was decided to arc earlier then the ones above it.

CoolMan6001 I was unsure in which thread to post as the other thread was about sprites and I didn't find one about mons animations but since Snorlax was performing a move, I decided to post it here.
It's alright, it's tangentially related so still counts.

The japanese only Pokémon Stadium has weird animations for everybody (Starmie is sooo stretchy) but Snorlax using Fire Blast is one of the worst.

About Silver Wind I think the sparkles are there to represent the silver dust/ powder/ scales mentioned in the attack description.
Not everyone (Alakazam, Exegg, etc), and Snorlax's and the "weird" ones model was changed
Though Starmie's wasn't....despite being completely reanimated

Sleep Powder in Stadium is this bright blue color. Nothing weird here considering it usually appears bluish-green:

Now the Stadium 2 animation is:

Oh...

That's the color Stun Spore usually appears with so how does that look?:

Oh.

For reference, Stun Spore looked like this in Stadium:

Perhaps they accidentally assigned the Stun Spore and Sleep Powder anims to the wrong moves?

A bit out of topic but I remember a friend was watching me play White and when my Conkeldurr went for Superpower he thought the attack consisted of shooting a million arrows to the opponent (that was before Thousand arrows was a thing).

I personally prefered the gen 3 animation, it is literally a Hadouken!!!

Bull Of Heaven

99 Pounders / 4'3" Feet
is a Pre-Contributor
Just now, I used Rock Tomb in a double battle in Pearl. I targeted the opponent on my right, but the animation looked like it hit the opponent on my left. Are other moves like this in that game?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)