What is the most overused and threatening pokemon of all?

Which is the most overused and deadliest pokemon?

• Total voters
what can salamence actually do to blissey? unless it is a choice band version, it cannot 2hko blissey, and blissey can just softboiled the damage or ice beam it back (i use lots of EVs, so it has a chance to OHKO).

blissey walls dragon dancing and choice specs variants like crazy, while blissey cannot wall the swords dancing garchomp.
I guess since I don't use Blissey, I find it more pronounced.

Starmie is a huge threat and he/she/it is probably THE most overused pokemon of them all, Starmie has been OU for 4 Generations, that is simply remarkable. how can you vote anything else?

well. so has gyarados. and garchomp and tyranitar havent been around for 4 generations, which makes it kinda hard for them to be OU for 4 generations. also, starmie has nothing on blissey, and is butchered by any pursuiter.

well. so has gyarados. and garchomp and tyranitar havent been around for 4 generations, which makes it kinda hard for them to be OU for 4 generations. also, starmie has nothing on blissey, and is butchered by any pursuiter.
Say hi to RBY and GSC again, where Gyara was *trying* to own UU with its array of special attacks.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Starmie is a huge threat and he/she/it is probably THE most overused pokemon of them all, Starmie has been OU for 4 Generations, that is simply remarkable. how can you vote anything else?
Uhh, because any version of Starmie is easily walled by Blissey and other special walls? At least stuff like Azelf and Heatran carry the possibility of Exploding. 100 base Special Attack isn't that much. Also, other generations are irrelevant to this poll.

Tyranitar is the deadliest he has Excellent stats without speed that could DD
and he is hard to figure out what that is for a s ort T-Tar because his excellent movepool even hes 4x weakness to Fight he is still the greatest and it good to takes all sorts off attacks even Fightattacks.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Say hi to RBY and GSC again, where Gyara was *trying* to own UU with its array of special attacks.
qft

Also, try GSC Blissey, when there wasn't fancy schmancy BB, Focus Punch or CC, and everyone had to rely on punches, kicks, and Toxic in order to have a chance at killing it.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Tyranitar without a doubt because it has no reliable counters (Swampert, Metagross, and Rhyperior can all get worn down eventually), he has great durability thanks to sandstream and his HP, and his large movepool makes him hard to predict. On average seeing a Tyranitar forces me to decide which one of my pokemon must be sacrificed early.

I'm surprised more people haven't been answering Gyarados. That thing is simply monstrous. In addition why the hell isn't Gengar even an option on that poll? The unpredictability, the power, the speed, Gengar is a huge threat.

Starmie isn't really a huge threat but it has been OU for 4 generations, I can't think of anything that I know without a shadow of a doubt has been OU for all 4 gens. Maybe Gar, Snorlax would be but he was bumped down to BL this gen, T_T, Zam has been a pretty big threat for as long as I can remember but I doubt it's been OU the whole time.

Imo, deadliest is Infernape or Blissey. Infernape is so unpredictable and can 2hko anything with good prediction. Blissey walls defense, and tears through the opponent's offense.

Focus Sash Flailing Eevee scared me a bit on PBR yesterday. :)

Heh, but I seriously have the most trouble with Scarf Garchomp as a revenge killer. It counters my Scarf Flygon, Specs Starmie, and Dancing Dragonite.. if I don't manage a couple dances in before hand. Uxie, my physical wall is the best switch in, which can take an Outrage, Yawn Garchomp, and flee.

Imo, deadliest is Infernape or Blissey. Infernape is so unpredictable and can 2hko anything with good prediction. Blissey walls defense, and tears through the opponent's offense.
Yeah Infernape is unpredictable since he has 2.5 sets he can use, but I think he's so deadly because nothing can switch in on him.

Yeah Infernape is unpredictable since he has 2.5 sets he can use, but I think he's so deadly because nothing can switch in on him.
2.5 sets??? AHHHHH! Are you kidding me? Infernape has many, many, many more sets than just 2.5. No offense btw. Also, Kingdra is gonna take a crapload from Close Combat. I'm almost certain a 2hko, so yeah unless rain is in find yourself a better counter.

the problem with infernape that he is hard to switch in, and with very weak defences he can be revenge killed very easily. also, good preiction of his attacks can let you switch in a duggtrio, scarfchomp, crobat or whatever very easily.

cresselia, dusknoir wall like mad too.

the problem with infernape that he is hard to switch in, and with very weak defences he can be revenge killed very easily. also, good preiction of his attacks can let you switch in a duggtrio, scarfchomp, crobat or whatever very easily.

cresselia, dusknoir wall like mad too.
Yep, it does get walled by those two, but...

He is hard to switch in, but not if one of your Pokemon just fainted.

And there aren't that many things that outspeed this guy...Weavile outspeeds him, but doesn't carry any super-effective moves for him.

Well, if you saw the few posts before, Infernape can carry quite a few movesets =D

So, its pretty hard to accurately predict him.

Besides STAB swampert waterfall of course (I hear only skarmory can stand up to it), I'm going to have to go with tyranitar. That thing has a million different sets, each one kicking your ass in a different way. Combined with it's base stats and SS, the ttar is a force to be reckoned with.

Dragonite. Give it a yache berry, and let it DD away. Think about it, you get 1 DD on the switch, then survive the ice beam with yache, then sweep.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, Starmie isn't THAT good. It's a great "jack of all trades" Pokémon, but not particularly good at any one thing. Not to mention the decent number of things in OU since their creation (Tyranitar, Blissey, Heracross, Gengar, etc)

Yeah, honestly, Starmie shouldn't be on that list. Neither should Skarmory. Especially considering that Salamence, Garchomp, and Tyranitar are on it.

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd say Garchomp, considering how he can win with luck from Sand Steam. Also, he doesn't exactly have "definite" counters.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
As far as OU, Infernape probably gets my vote. Pretty unpredictable at what he can really do. Pretty decent stats, and STAB Close Combat on any set just... hurts. I'd vote Choice Scarf Garchomp but... IMO, it's kind of a gimmick. Cresselia, Hippowdon, Skarmory, etc. kind of just... laugh at him on Outrage.

For a mention of underused and still quite threatening would be Rhyperior. I was amazed the other day when my Rhyperior (EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd Adamant) stood up to a +3 DD Dragonite that used Outrage. I'm still lost on what set to use for Rhyperior, but when I figure it out one day, there will be pain for those little Dragonites... hehe...

Skarmory is very deadly with his base 80 attack, 40 base special attack, and 70 base speed.

What's so threatening about a 40 Base in anything? OR even 80 for that matter. You'd want over 95 in a stat for it to be useful. Otherwise..it's average.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)