What kind of cellphone do you use?

Use an iPhone 5S. Very much like it! Never had an Android before, and I don't really plan on buying one any time soon. iPhones are just... pretty. Is that weird? I think they're more visually pleasing to the eye to Androids and the pictures that the iPhone takes are typically of very high quality. Androids just don't appeal to me, really. Not planning on upgrading to the 6, however. I really love the 5S. It's sleeker, thinner, and I also think it's more visually pleasing. Had it for such a long time, I just don't feel like adjusting to a new thing anytime soon! I would definitely recommend it to people.

Edit: Also, it's gold! That's a pretty color. Black is also very pretty.

Use an iPhone 5S. Very much like it! Never had an Android before, and I don't really plan on buying one any time soon. iPhones are just... pretty. Is that weird? I think they're more visually pleasing to the eye to Androids and the pictures that the iPhone takes are typically of very high quality. Androids just don't appeal to me, really. Not planning on upgrading to the 6, however. I really love the 5S. It's sleeker, thinner, and I also think it's more visually pleasing. Had it for such a long time, I just don't feel like adjusting to a new thing anytime soon! I would definitely recommend it to people.

Edit: Also, it's gold! That's a pretty color. Black is also very pretty.
Don't you think white is pretty? I do. Also, did you ever own an iPhone 4?

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Just switched from iPhone 5s (had a 4 before that) to a galaxy s6, and I couldn't be happier. One day in and I'm already just as acquainted with the operating system. Thus far it has been significantly less buggy than ios, and maybe even more intuitive. Google is very quickly catching up to apple in the "it just works" department. The screen is absolutely gorgeous. Like, 10x better than the 5s. The camera is way better, battery life is better, and the speaker is way better. I will miss some ios apps (mostly games, which I hardly played anyway tbh), but the android equivalents of the ios apps I did have are so much better. Who would have thought that having an infinitely less restrictive operating system would give devlopers the ability to make apps with increased functionality? Autocorrect is brilliant. I never ever used autocorrect on ios because it caused too much of a headache. Google keyboard just works. Speaking of which, everything is replaceable: messaging, keyboards, browsers, music players. It may be missing some nice ios exclusive apps, but ios is missing far far more. I was expecting to be disappointed with android, but I have no complaints (I would like to swipe to go backwards and forwards on mobile chrome, but meh :c). The Google ecosystem is so much cheaper than the apple version too lol the fucking watch starts at $500. Apple is so boring too. What is the point of browsing around an apple store? Everything is the same. Half the fun is choosing things !

Apple stuff is lovely, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend an iPhone to someone. Everyone has different needs, and android has been been ballin' for mine.

Do you feel like you are missing something? Pretty curious.
Actually, no. I'm perfectly OK with what I have, since I would use it only for phoning, and never felt the need for other applications. Not that I'm ranting against new technologies, just saying that given my lifestyle my good ol' Nokia is perfect for me ^__^

I've used an android before I switch over to my iPhone 5S. The android was my first phone and it worked well, but it felt very clunky and slow. I'm currently happy with my current iPhone 5S. I wouldn't mind switching to an upgraded version, but I think the new ones are a bit too big.

I just got me the new LG G4 last month and I am currently loving it. You do nit have to deal with the bloatware of Samsung products, dont have to deal with Apple being a shit company, and it is an Android which is fantastic. :)

Also LG G4 has an amazing camera. What more could I want?

iPhone 6 plus. I like the bigger screen and display, but it slips out of my pocket too easily and once cracked after falling two feet from my pocket and onto the ground.

I'm using a LG G4 right now and it runs real nice. The only thing that bothers me about it is that the CPU seems to run hot.

Is it this piece of shit?

My friend once let me test his, and I found it terrible.
that's the lumia 520 which is a pretty cool device. perhaps its most useful feature is running it as a dedicated mp3 player since it supports micro sd. you can pick them up for like $20 on amazon a lot of the time and with airplane mode on you're looking at battery life that exceeds the ipod classic. it can also be used as an emergency backup phone etc.

that's the lumia 520 which is a pretty cool device. perhaps its most useful feature is running it as a dedicated mp3 player since it supports micro sd. you can pick them up for like $20 on amazon a lot of the time and with airplane mode on you're looking at battery life that exceeds the ipod classic. it can also be used as an emergency backup phone etc.
True, but it is pretty lacking as a main phone imo. Its all good to me cause I can still skype, text, call fine but it isn't too good in any other section.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Update on iPhone 5s -> Galaxy S6

Still in love with it. Not a single hitch. Less buggy than the iPhone. Better battery life. Prettier. Google. Better everything (though I miss being able to hold the home button to talk to siri, but that's about it). The 5s feels like a toy now (don't get me started on the 4.....). Despite the bigger size, the screen is a hundred times better: sharper, brighter, prettier. I also miss the lighting cables (can insert in either direction), but I can live without it. No typical-apple proprietary nonsense. Can replace touchwiz with Google skin in an instant (not that I didn't like touchwiz, but the Google skin is gorgeous. There really isn't any bloatware lol that is so overblown. The back button is brilliant, but I do miss being able to swipe forward. I love the capacitative buttons and much prefer them to the on-screen alternative. Runs DS emulator beautifully as well.

Very highly recommend.

I have an iPhone 6 which I greatly appreciate since I got it for $100 when I traded in my iPhone 3GS (after having it for 3.5 years). The store clerks at AT&T were so upset I still had the 3GS that they patted me on the back. Still one of the most tear-worthy moments in my life.

I'm basically forced to get a new one. Still sitting on an iPhone 4, and since I can't update to iOS 8 every single app is getting outdated. Simple apps like WhatsApp and Facebook sometimes won't even open. I am really used to iPhone though, and I love its interface. Thinking about getting an iPhone 5S/5C (still have to figure out the diff) or an iPhone 6.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Got the AT&T LG G4 this past month and it feels a lot nicer than my old, dying Galaxy S3 (which had charger port issues). Major plus for me was that it's the only flagship phone with a removable battery and a micro SD card slot.

Only critiques I have are that the headphone jack is on the bottom (personal preference is that it's on the top) and that there's no physical buttons (akin to the Galaxy series).

I'm basically forced to get a new one. Still sitting on an iPhone 4, and since I can't update to iOS 8 every single app is getting outdated. Simple apps like WhatsApp and Facebook sometimes won't even open. I am really used to iPhone though, and I love its interface. Thinking about getting an iPhone 5S/5C (still have to figure out the diff) or an iPhone 6.
Can you rollback to 6.1.6? Apple supported the iPhone 4 for way too long. iOS updates should have stopped there.

I'd recommend copping a 5S or 6 when the 6S drops.

I'll be buying a Nexus 5X (name TBD) or Moto X Style come mid-October. My HTC One M7 has served me well for the past two years.

I have a HTC One M7 and it's starting to show its age. Planning on upgrading to either iPhone 5s or 6 just for imessage. Any other app I prefer android. And yes I've had an iphone before, it was a iphone 4 that updating to ios7 killed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)