What's your favourite lead?

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I myself like a sealth Rock Azelf lead. It usually gets up rocks and explodes on whatever it is facing. It also can stop their SR lead with taunt.

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
In UU i absolutely love a lead tauros set I used. It was quite amusing really since roserade ALWAYS used sleep powder despite the probably thousands of lead roserades I've fought and got a free sub on. Intimidate on a lead is always awesome and especially if it's as fast and sexy as tauros

I use scarf smeargle a lot with trick / spore / stealth rock / u-turn since it's good at stopping momentum before it starts.

LO Starmie is a great anti-lead imo, seeing as it takes down almost all common leads with hardly any prediction.

I really like Infernape because it can set up break sashes, set up rocks, and has two nice high power STAB attacks.

I love leadPert. Bulky and synergizes well with my team. I can usually bring him in late game to just be an annoyance.

Outside of pert, Roserade is amazing. If I can put my opponent to sleep, it nearly guarantees a sweep with my Subpetaya empoleon due to a layer or two of toxic spikes.

I also give mention to gross, who usually takes out the opponent's lead and another poke due to explosion. I once ran a Custap berry gross (weird, I know) that took out the opponent's +2 Lucario due to explosion. Very useful when it works.

In UU my favorite lead is a Taunt Silk Scarf Ambipom. It is good at dealing damage both early and late in the game and is also quite effective in shutting down Steel/Rock-types attempting to put SR up as I U-Turn out.

My favorite OU lead, of course, is the SSS Smeargle that I created myself :)

Infernape is the best lead if you would rather have an enemy dead than get up SR. For me, my LeadApe takes out at least two Pokemon and doesn't get up SR, or takes out an enemy and gets SR when I switch.

My favourite UU lead would have to be Scarfed Moltres. U-Turn for a broken sash to something that can KO. And then again, it's useful for a late-game sweep :D

I've been a fan of Specs leads. Back in D/P I used to start matches with Specsmence, then I recently start leading with Latias instead, who Tricks her own Specs and 2KOS Scizors and Heatrans that come to stop her with Surf.

In UU I tried Moltres. Overheat is just nasty, U-Turn and Hidden Power Super Effective are both no-brainers. Air Slash to hit those Hariyamas.

My favorite lead is similar to the new Empoleon Lead but allows me to get rid of SR in the Process
Kabutops@shuca Berry
Adamant
-Aquatail
-Aqua Jet
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
And yes I use kabutops in OU
It beats many top lead and removes their spikes or can just set up SR and come back later to spin away entry hazards

Infernape @ Focus Sash
64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe

fake out
stealth rock
close combat
Overheat

I've been using this on my current team and works really well. always sets up stealth rock and fake out for priority if need to bring him later or toxic stall.
I'm thinking of replacing close combat with Grass Knot just for Swampert and Hippo as Swampert is defintely more common as that thing is a beast.

My favorite lead is similar to the new Empoleon Lead but allows me to get rid of SR in the Process
Kabutops@shuca Berry
Adamant
-Aquatail
-Aqua Jet
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
And yes I use kabutops in OU
It beats many top lead and removes their spikes or can just set up SR and come back later to spin away entry hazards
just one question:

why 2 water moves?,it gives you little type coverage,it also makes you powerless vs emopleon,maybe superpower over one of the water moves?

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I am liking Skarmory right now. Skarmory can easily get up to two layers of Spikes early game against the common Metagross and Swampert, who like to Stealth Rock and switch. Swampert's Hydro Pump has only a 29% chance to 2HKO Skarmory without Leftovers; however, it is better to just keep Roosting until Hydro Pump misses or runs out of PP. Earthquake fails to 2HKO during Roost as well, you gain around 10% HP each turn. Skarmory also does very well against the less common Hippowdon, Ninjask, Mamoswine, Ambipom, and Weavile. You will also want to go with Shed Shell instead of Leftovers, lest Magnezone completely destroys you turn number 2.

Currently using:
Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavour
- Stealth Rock

It's working pretty well though from match to match I keep debating whether to keep SR on the set or put Ice Fang/Stone Edge/Something else on it.

just one question:

why 2 water moves?,it gives you little type coverage,it also makes you powerless vs emopleon,maybe superpower over one of the water moves?
Because I can't beat things like azelf without aquatail. And Priority on a lead is a given. If i run into something I cant dent, ill just SR and switch later to use its spinning capabilties

Ambipom. Period.

Ambipom@Silk Scarf
252Atk/252Spe
Adamant, Technician
~ Fake Out
~ U-Turn
~ Double Hit
~ Coverage move. I switch between Fire Punch and Payback

This thing is a beast. It's Fake Out is pretty much the strongest in the game, and kind of ruins OU as long as Heatran and Metagross can be delt with.

Ambipom. Period.

Ambipom@Silk Scarf
252Atk/252Spe
Adamant, Technician
~ Fake Out
~ U-Turn
~ Double Hit
~ Coverage move. I switch between Fire Punch and Payback

This thing is a beast. It's Fake Out is pretty much the strongest in the game, and kind of ruins OU as long as Heatran and Metagross can be delt with.
the evs look weird to me seeing that you didnt put the remaining 4 to give some defense to ambipoms bulk hmmm...maybe 4 hp evs would do nice?

I like to lead with choice scarf TrickUxie....

Uxie@ choice scarf
Impish
252 HP/ 110 Defense/ 152 Speed
Stealth Rock
Thunderwave, yawn
Trick
Zen Headbutt, U-turn, Psychic

This EVs and moveset changes with your tier, with 152 Speed EVs you outspeed all 130 base speed, with 110 speed EVs you just outspeed swellow, the fastest UU other than electrode...Zen headbutt is mainly used for roserade, U-turn for scouting, psychic for another attack than zen headbutt...The way to use this is to keep it late-mid game, when sweepers start to set up or to ruin a team's wall... the choice between thunderwave and yawn depends on your team....Personally my team benefits greatly from thunderwave than yawn...And thunderwave ruins fast sweepers in the OU metagame...This lead mostly depends on how you play it and how it can benefit your team

Deoxys-A@Focus Sash

The moves are always different, but I usually use some of these: Stealth Rock, Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Superpower, Extremespeed and Shadow Ball

what do you guys think of this:

Gengar@Life Orb
252 SpAtk/252 Spe/4 Def
Hp Fire
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

Hp Fire for metagross, Focus Blast for heatran, Thunderbolt for aero and gyra leads. Shadow ball is stab, but im thinking of replacing something with energy ball for swampert. Any suggestions?

I use a Life Orb Gengar! Kinda weird but it seems to do well against most leads, bar the rare Blissey and Snorlax.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
-Thunderbolt (flyers and gyara)
-Energy Ball (swampert and hippowdon)
-Shadow Ball (strong stab)
-Focus Blast (dark and normal types)

fuck all you guys, I use venomoth

essentially venomoth is an inferior roserade. base 90 speed sleep powder + toxic spikes. roserade's defenses and special attack are higher, and STAB leaf storm is absolutely monstrous.

so why in the hell would you use venomoth? well, for his ability. no, not tinted lens, roserade still hits harder. I'm talking about venomoth's inferior ability, tinted lens. what the hell, why? well, tinted lens blocks secondary effects, the most notable ones being flinches. venomoth is essentially roserade minus the losing to jirachi part. he can bug buzz the pesky taunt azelfs, psychic the grounded poisons for decentish damage, put stuff to sleep, all the good stuff that roserade does, and he doesn't flinch.

so why the hell would anyone use roserade? well, the choice between the two guys is what type of team you are using. venomoth doesn't have to switch out against jirachi. thats IT. the extent of his advantages over roserade. he also can smack grounded poisons for decent damage without having to switch out. for teams that don't like switching, that's more than enough to justify his use. for teams that prefer to use the toxic spikes for more stallish use, roserade is far superior with its better defenses, natural cure, and better attack. if you have, say, a skarmory to come directly into jirachi, roserade is vastly superior. but if you're using your toxic spikes to neuter the waters that annoy your heavy hitting sweepers, venomoth is more suited to your team.

being the heavy offense player that I am, venomoth finds its way onto a lot of my teams <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)