Social Where is your nick from?

PA

Purgatory.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tbh i always liked this name didnt think there would actually be a ultra beast tho that wad a good surprise ;D plus people in my school like to call me poi poi hence why i went with poison and adhesive came from me doing a lot of sticky experiments in labs
giphy (2).gif

TTK

Won't Catch Me Lacking.
is a Community Contributor
My name comes from the galaxy Toy Time Galaxy in the video game Super Mario Galaxy. In my opinion, the hardest level comes from this galaxy and after not playing the game after 4-5 years at the time (July 2017), I completed it in 1 try and I got too happy about that, after struggling back in the days of 2011/2012 to actually do it so yeah, I called myself Toy Time King.

I was playing Pokemon Soul Silver and couldn't come up with a name, so I tapped a bunch of random letters on the keyboard in the touch screen. I've used it in ever Pokemon game, since.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My original name (littlelucario) was made when I was a lot younger because my favorite youtuber at the time was named superskarmory and I thought it was really cool so I made an alliterative name for myself based around my favorite Pokemon at the time, Lucario. Admittedly, I could've done a lot better than "little" for my chosen adjective but such is life.

I adopted the name "LL" on discord back in mid-late 2016 because all my friends called me LL on PS/Discord at that point in time and it rolls off the tongue a lot better than "littlelucario". I could've changed my name to something a lot less cringy at that point but I had been known by my username for so long that changing it would've just felt wrong. I changed my name to LL on smogon after being unbanned last year and I'm hoping to get it on PS sometime within the next year if I can. I hope my name's background was everything you hoped it was lol.

I made up my nickname Origin when I was still an elementary school child. I don't remember how I learned about it, but somewhere I heard about the Pillars of Creation, a famous photo of part of the Eagle Nebula taken by NASA (picture below). I always thought it looked so cool, so I decided on a nickname based on them. However, since I was so young I misremembered the name as "Pillars of Origin" and nicknamed myself Origin. Even after I figured out my mistake, I decided Origin was a cool name and kept it.

I wanted a short, simple 3 letter name, so I tried a couple and they were all taken. Jzu was still available and I figured it was good enough.

Killua kun

Pkmn/HxH
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I used to have another nick instead of this one.
My current alt was born in 2012, the date I watched hunter x hunter's episodes, and I liked a lot killua's character, therefore I tried to register that name, however it was already taken.
So I added "kun", in order to ladder on PO.
I decided to keep it cuz I got plenty of times top ten both bw2 ou and ubers.

My actual first name is gifford, but when I signed up on PS that name was taken. I thought I'd switch a few things but still try to preserve my name, and thus gyffyrd was born. I rather like it, although a lot of people think it's jibberish simply due to the bizarreness of the name. Fine with me though!

I, like a monkey, pressed a bunch of random keys. Mainly the ones, in the wasd area. dabson was what came out. I stuck with it ever since. For some reason, however, people think of my name as a meme.

One of my first names when I started going online was DragonStorm. This went on for a good long while until I got way into Forums for Roleplaying. On a bleach one I made I wanted to name my sword something cool. I went with Inazuma has my Swords name because it sounds cool. I don't really remember what it was for my bankai. All I know is that I mixed another word with Inazuma and that's what I came up with. The reason this story is significant is because I liked the idea enough to try some other things. I was way into lightning when I was a teenager but I didn't really care to keep using Inazuma so I went with Arashi which means storm. That was cool enough for me to start using ArashiDragon as my name in a few places but I still wanted to mix it with something else. Eventually Kuroi *Dark / Black* was what I had chosen because when you're a teenager, everything's cooler when its darker. I tried KuroiArashiDragon like one time before mixing the two together and making KurashiDragon.

Last edited:
I used to really like Disco as a kid, so I started calling myself Discodude on things like poptropica and stuff like that, so eventually when I started playing smash, I changed it to Disco Inferno/Almighty Disco and whichever I use just flucuates

this is my first name irl. so when I first arrived on Pokemon Showdown in 2014 I was quite happy that it wasn't taken already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)