Social Where is your nick from?

Lu

Said the Moon to the Thief
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Diluvia

I had an awful nick before on a game I used to play a long time ago and I was stuck with it until they implemented the "Name Change" option. It was then when the time for me to think of a decent nick came so I just tried to think of something simple and pretty, and since I like blue color palettes and rain I just went for something related to rain.
Diluvia comes from the spanish verb diluviar, which means "to rain heavily".

Ok, so I would split my name into the following parts: Imperial, Gamer, and 517, since they have different stories on how I chose that individual part of my nick.

Imperial - It all began with my YT channel (Pls sub btw), and I was looking for a new logo for my YT channel, since I was tired of using my favorite Pokémon Bisharp’s head as the logo. I then started searching online for cool gaming logos on placeit. Eventually, I found this cool looking logo (my Smogon account picture), and I decided to use it. Since you were able to edit a logo on that site, its default only had Imperial, so I decided to go for Imperial over any other prefix.

Gamer - At first, I decided to use Pokémon in Gamer’s place, but then I decided that I would do YT videos that aren’t Pokémon, so I decided to use Gamer to mean all games in general.

517 - I used a random number generator between 1 and 1000. I got 517.

ErPeris

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
My surname in real life is Parisi and we can say that ErPeris is closely related to it. In fact, my football coach, a sport that I have practiced for many years, used to call me Peris instead of Parisi for some strange reason still unknown to me today. "Er", on the other hand, is an expression frequently used in Rome, the city in which I live and that I love immensely, instead of the article "il", which in English is translated with "the".
I simply combined these two things and this was the result. :blobwizard:

Well i have 2 names i go by on showdown.

Cold Apple Soda - Green Apple Fanta is my favorite soda lol.

Baker/Baker Phonk - It's the name of one of my favorite underground rappers

bea

I COULD BEA BANNED!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
I meant to put Calem Xavier like the protagonist of XY but I misspelled it and put Calem Xaiver on forums and PS and didn't notice until many months later
Edit: My New Name Calem DPU Comes from (Calem) Xaiver and (D)ragonair for (PU)

Last edited:
As I've recently acquired the name Mubs on ps, I'm pretty much retired "Pokesartoolcay" so I might as well state its origin.

So, it's 2016. I'm like, 11 or smth, and I've been going through alt upon alt ever since I joined PS in 2014. I wanted to make a name I'd stick with. Friend of mine introduced me to Pig Latin, or "igpay atinlay" as I like to call it. I personally wanted to spice up a generic username, the name being "Pokemon are Cool"

So what I did is that I shortened Pokemon to "Pokes" (I didn't know that mons is more commonly used) are to "art" as for some reason I was fascinated with Shakespeare and that era, and cool to "oolcay" as pig latin was also something I was fascinated with, maybe due to TTG.

So yeah, Pokes (Pokemon) art (are) oolcay (cool). I used to have this separated and in full caps until ps rooms started enforcing Caps filter in like, late 2017? Yeah.

The name I've switched to, "Mubs" is my irl nickname: part of my name shortened with an s at the end. Someone randomly came up with this like, 7 years ago, iirc.

Weird story of mine done. Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

It started with my twitter handle being a reference to some homestuck nsfw art, made a new account and changed it a little (I'd say what they were but don't know if they're appropriate to be posted here). Someone asked what they should call me and Janie stuck. Later made an account that required first AND last name and Cox felt like a real enough name that it'd be funny, and now here we are

I named myself after a yugituber, or really I looked at his name and was like oh it has The (color) (noun) . So since I liked playing cards I decided to call myself The Silver Ace/ The Red Ace. After sometime I decided to use a Pokémon, so I named myself The Scizor Ace, a few more Pokémon names came after, but I really got into the “unban mega mawile in oras” “movement” if you can call it that. So that just stayed. Then other people started stealing my name formula on ps, also an influx of users with the word ace in their name. So I was called Mace.

Last edited:

Magic Mayhem Maiden

formerly CorruptionInTheGovernment
My username, CorruptionInTheGovernment, is uh something I thought was funny, and it's sti pretty funny I think. It's more of an afterthought.

Eenfeeneetee: My PS name is Infinity, but now 2/3 of the letters are E, like extended "I" sound. Unfortunately, most people don't get the joke, saying it isn't witty and memorable, and I don't really like any shortened versions of this name.

My first ever username was L2KRS5EXZX0, which was literally all letters and numbers I thought looked "cool".

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For some reason I could have sworn I posted in this thread...

Um anyways, as many of you can guess, part of my name comes from the term "Theorymoning" that's been thrown around these forums for over a decade! I chose this name partly because when I joined the ancient Pokemon sim, "Shoddy Battle" Back in 2009, I had "Theorymon'd up" a team based around Wobbuffet setting up a Belly Drum passing Smeargle to Rayquaza! It sorta worked, but I obviously had to move on to other team ideas since that team fails once the surprise value is up!

The other reason I chose this name is because I'm a huge science junkie, and theories are used to explain facts, so I was naturally attracted to having that in my name!

Fun fact: I almost joined with the name "Mewrio" Back in 2005, but I chickned out because I was strangely shy on the internet for a 13 year old! I almost signed up with that on shoddy too, but settled on Theorymon instead. Funnily enough, some people thought I was a troll for using such a name too, but I did choose it in earnest!

Last edited:
I recently started going by Bice on all social media platforms cause I wasn't as enamored with Kid Icarus anymore and I felt that being named after a young-looking female character would freak people out a bit. I chose Bice because it was a simple, catchy name, and it had meaning; it's a shade of blue.
Turns out Bice was taken on PS too, so I use Biced/Bice-D on showdown. The name color is actually pretty similar to its namesake!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)