Where is your nick from?

LucarioOfLegends

Real Life Schrodinger's Cat
is a CAP Contributor
Originally picked up the name back in middle school for my youtube channel. Was first majorly acquainted with the Pokemon Lucario back in Smash Bros Brawl. and wanted a cool name for the Youtube Channel around it since it was my favorite Pokemon at the time. Eventually decided on LucarioOfLegends and its history after that. I changed my channel to LucOfLegends recently to be slightly less associated with just Pokemon and my name on discord consistently gets shortened to "Luc" so it was a good fit.

Around 2012 or so, I played a game called Realm of the Mad God. This game had a random character/user name generator which jammed two nouns together into one name. In my case, it happened to select metal and mind, thus Metalmind. Since then, I've stuck with that as the basis of my usernames on various sites.

The 'Stats' portion is even older, coming from statsngeo as a part of my primary (though not any more) email address. The stats part was short for statistics, and the ngeo part short for National Geographic, two things I happened to like back then. I think it was around 2014-15 when I bolted the two together to form MetalmindStats.

Started as a joke between me and my highschool buds. Even though most of us were white, we joked about how I was whiter than Wonderbead, so I just started calling myself Breadboy online as a result of that.

In a book series I read, there's a type of snake called a patrik that can turn invisible by eating their tails, so I just tacked my favorite number on the end and voila!

In my opinion, this is one of the greatest songs of all time. It contains the lyric "I really don't care anymore / about all the Jim Jims in this town" which I thought would make for an excellent username.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ivy
Well, it's a bit of a story.

You see, through elementary and middle school, I'd tricked my friends into thinking I was smart. Sure, I got good grades, but I'm actually a grade A doofus. Anyways, one of my friends at the time was really into fanfiction. She wanted to be an author when she grew up, and liked writing stories for the shows she watched (we were 12, give us a break).

Anyways, at some point it popped into her head that if I have an account, I'm more likely to read and comment on her stories (which turned out to be wrong btw), so she went and used my email to make me an account. What was the name of the account? Einstien, as a joke to me being 'smart'

She shows it to me, and I think 'cool I guess?' and continue on with life. A couple weeks later we both realize it's spelled wrong, but the real einstein was taken so we kept it. That's where the 'Einstien' comes from.

But what about the 74???

Well, a year late, being 13 and Minecraft being big as it was (I think it was still in the beta if I remember correctly...), I got minecraft and chose to use einstien as my name, as it had stuck. Except, another idiot who can't spell had already taken it, so I needed a number. One of the best lines in the entire show of Spongebob is when he's telling patrick how many good noodle stars he has (74). The stupid way he says 74 has made it my favorite number so it stuck.

From then on for the next... 5 years? I've used einstien74 as my username.

Then I realized it makes me sound like a prick who thinks he's smart, so I made a new username. It was too late though, I'd already made a smogon account, so I'm using Einstien74 instead of my new preferred Quemarco (which is a username story for another day).

Of course, Nice thing about a name like Einstien74 is it shortens quite nicely to Ein

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Live Chat Contributor
Ivysaur, NOT Ivy League schools (as everyone on PS seems to assume); I am not that smart.

Well I originally made a smog account to play a random battles tour. So this name.

PS name is LanturnLight. Oo Lanturn is so happy and cute. When I was super tiny it led me through victory road to Ever Grande City.
In most other games I’m LoyalPhoenix, and it actually holds much of the same connotations of unwavering friendship, guiding, and trials as my trusty ally lant.

PhantomHurious

milk is a juice, spread the word
was in a super edgy phase a while ago and wanted the name "PhantomFurious" on an old pokemon site but misspelt it and i thought it sounded cool, eventually i got tired of the site and wanted to move on but i realized that if i changed my name, i most likely wont be able to see the friends i made there ever again. so even though i hate this name w a passion because of it's extreme edginess, i kept it.

My history teacher was responsible for mine. While I was in high school I had a look that resembled Chumlee from Pawn Stars. My teacher took the opportunity to use my last name of Crum and started calling me Crumlee.

My original nick was Dhonut (The D'oh that Homer from the Simpsons says while fusing it with Donut. But my 11 year-old brain thought the D'oh was spelt Dho.) until some of my friends thought it was quite feminine and people online started calling me a girl.
So, when I turned 13, I then changed it to FireDragon157 as it consisted of the three things I love in this world: Fire, Dragons, and the number 157.
I only recently changed my nickname to Sad Oddish as, during a free period at college, my friends were drawing funny animated drawings on a whiteboard in the room that we stay in. For me, they did a round head with a giant afro which made them think instantly to an Oddish as I love pokemon. The "Sad" comes from the face I apparently make when I don't play pokemon for at least 10 mins for the day.

I got it from a Touhou song, more specifically Imperishable Night's extra stage theme. It has other meaning outside of its presence in the name of a Touhou song, but the song was entirely why I chose this name.

I'm not exactly the most creative person in the world with usernames, my username when I first joined was literally just the name of a Fire Emblem game, no joke.
iS tHaT a ToUhOu ReFeRenCe??

Alright, It's time to get funky~

First with the JBG22, it is quite literally my more common username JadeBladeGamer22, Jade being my favorite Gemstone, Blade being this terrible nickname from childhood, and gamer so it's not hard to see what I do. (2/2 being my birthday)

However Spoox is more interesting, The first instance of me using JadeBladeGamer22 as a username is my (decently successful) deviantart. (Link)
There I made an OC/Fursona so I could have a "tangible" self online. I named them Spooks, a play on an old joke from a minecraft SMP (the original name of the joke being Spooklez).

I first started myself as Spoox when I made my premier in Competitive Super Smash Bros. The name has become a second birth-name to me now. The Spoox you see is also a subtle way of showing how much I love being the weird, scary one and how much I hate the norm and love scaring normality. (As well as I like horror). (BTW Strange Music is my fav music label).

Whew, that was a lot.

Power of Ares, which was an abandoned project of mine, and from that, Dawn of Ares just stuck with me over the years. Hadn't noticed the pun in my name till a lil while ago lol. I was bad.

Mine has to do with my love of music and the fact that I started as a Doubles player. M-Charizard Y was really great when I played there earlier this generation, hence the name. Now, I play OU, and the name stuck because reasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)