Who's loving the heat?

Topic is about the mid United States, but everyone is allowed to share stories.

And area of high pressure is currently over much of the heartland, causing abnormally high temperatures in places like Chicago and Minneapolis. The South, known for relatively high temperatures with high humidity, is also facing a brunt of the high pressure area (New Orleans today, for example, has a heat index of 108 degrees Fahrenheit, which I think is above 40 degrees Celsius).

So, anyone living in this area loving this heat? For me, it doesn't surprise me. My city is not currently under the high pressure area, but we've had heat indexes of 100+ for pretty much all of June, so I don't really care. Humidity sucks.

I moved from England (not exactly known for its high temperatures) to where I am now in November, and over the last couple of months instead of the "usual" 24ish degrees C I am used to I have had 30+ degrees, and this has included at night, which took a bit of getting used to, but I'm absolutely loving the hot days, I can laze about in the sun until 4pm when I start work, and then I have aircon if it gets too hot... I love hot weather, especially sunny hot weather, the sun just makes me feel happy (maybe because in England we don't see that much of it)

I absolutely loathe heat. It's actually a chilly 84 degrees Fahrenheit here today! Lovely.

http://www.wral.com/weather/

Fuck the South. At least I don't live somewhere like Texas or Florida, but it still hits 100 here much more often than I would like (ideally, never).

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Up here in New England, we are still waiting for our first heat wave of the summer. It's been raining for like....5 days straight :(

That's how NE is though, a great long spring then all of a sudden BAM its 100 degrees with 90% humidity.

I can't say I'm jealous of the hotter parts of the country, I personally dislike hot weather. It's a lot easier to deal with cold (put clothes on) than it is with hot (sitting in AC or a pool and never leave)

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Arizona has been bizarrely cool in June.

Of course, "bizarrely cool" for Arizona is still well over 90F, which is still pretty oppressive.

Actually it hasn't been all that humid down here in Vegas. Yesterday was the hottest day we've had though I think (I lifeguard so I'm usually stuck in the sun for hours).

The thing that sucks the most is working at the indoor pool because then it's extremely humid and still very hot.

I normally don't like the hot weather that much, but swimming is a decent date activity, and sure as hell feels nice right now.

I can't say I'm jealous of the hotter parts of the country, I personally dislike hot weather. It's a lot easier to deal with cold (put clothes on) than it is with hot (sitting in AC or a pool and never leave)
Same. I absolutely love cold weather. Though, for Floridians, "cold" weather starts in the 70's = /

But they're still people wearing jeans outside in the heat, lol.

It's been pretty hot lately in Southern Ontario, it's been ~25C since Sunday and today is supposed to hit a high of 30C! Finally time to go swim, and get a tan going. :toast:

Too bad by Friday it's supposed to start raining, but next week will be somewhat hot again but not as hot as the last few days.

i loooooooove the heat. my internal body temp is always around 96.8F and i just cannot handle cold that well. i have never been able to. it's supposed to hit 90F in washington in the next couple of weeks and I am hella excited.

Here in Bahrain (and in middle east in general), we have high temps (38-45 C) packed up by humidity, especially in Bahrain because it's an island. It's hot most of the year, and while the heat can be annoying, I still like being hot than being cold.

tooooo hot in georgia aaaaaargh

It's been like 90-100 degrees all since May ended, and even swimming every day isn't enough. It hasn't been as humid as normal so that's nice though.

I agree with the people who said it is much better to have cold weather.

Actually it hasn't been all that humid down here in Vegas. Yesterday was the hottest day we've had though I think (I lifeguard so I'm usually stuck in the sun for hours).

The thing that sucks the most is working at the indoor pool because then it's extremely humid and still very hot.
Yeah, it has gotten a bit better in NLV the last day or so. But with the overcast we had for the better part of the week the humidity got up there. But it still hasn't gotten that hot yet (for us, anyway). In fact the last few years have been fine compared to the 125-130 degrees it would get to four years ago.

Here in Bahrain (and in middle east in general), we have high temps (38-45 C) packed up by humidity, especially in Bahrain because it's an island. It's hot most of the year, and while the heat can be annoying, I still like being hot than being cold.
Same here, +37c/+100f seems as a very common temprature here in the last years...and that's on the mountanious region of Israel...in the shore, ad even 80% humbidity to the feeling, and...

Seconding what Gay Dolphin said- it's been nothing but rain and gray weather for the past few weeks in New England. I don't really care though, seeing as I hate excessive heat. It has kind of sucked though because lately it hasn't been really cold, but it's been humid as hell, which kind of sucks.

Ive been liking the weather over here in California. Rain and cold in mid June! It was cold this morning wen we got up. Early this month we had a massive thunder storm and a good amount of rain for a few minutes. I am enjoying the weather here.

Heat is not really bad if its not accompanied by humidity...I've been in 110F in Palm Desert Cali (dry) and it's a lot more comfortable than 85+F here (Michigan, always humid...) However, these past couple days are the hottest I've seen pretty much all yea and it hasn't even reached 90 yet, normally its been in the 70s this June

I wish i still lived in Boston, I loved the weather up there. Now it's 80-90+ degrees and always humid. :(

I'm loving this hot weather. I absolutely hate the cold so I'm glad my family moved down to Virginia from Massachusetts. Next stop: Florida...

It's a hundred and ten
Hundred and ten in the shade
Goin' way down
Mama won't you carry me

You get used to it living in Alabama.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)