Wi-Fi Blacklist: as of January 30th, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not impossible for the wifi to disconnect no it is not. It is more likely the user disconnected (rather than running) because they were losing.

2) If the same thing happened today, but the positions were reversed, would you come here confessing?

I would never disconnect, I run but I do not disconnect. Rules state that the player is not allowed to disconnect during the match.

3) Is it really that distinguishable? In both cases, WFC just HAPPENS to clonk out at the ideal time.

If you were in my position, what would you have assumed ? You would most likely assumed the worst in that the player DID disconnect because they were in a losing position, that is the biased claim everyone makes when another user disconnects on them. Lastly, why are you being so defensive for that user? Let that user come in here and defend themselves.

You wouldn't disconnect, but WFC could disconnect you. My question is this. IF you were losing, and IF WFC disconnected you at that time, would you come here and confess to a disconnect, because that is exactly what you are expecting someone else to do.

And I'm pressing the case because I'm here and because I can. I have no idea what happened, all I'm doing is saying "Is that really proof enough?" Basically, you're asking someone to prove the impossible.

This is not an IF situation . They DID disconnect that is what Im trying to say. I didnt expect this to be a long hard discussion with someone else that wasnt even involved. Let the moderators decide.

Enough with the bickering people.
Did he use any obvious hacks?
Or anything else mildly suspitious?
Has he done it before?
NO.
Then however imposible you think the odds were we must still give him the benafit of the dought and accept it as a wifi error.
If you dont like it simply dont battle eachother again, simple as.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Ok, here's the problem as I see it.

There are two people involved here, and 5 tits posting. Therefore 3 of you deserve infractions. However, I'm in a nice mood. So let me give you some advice:

1) Read the rules
2) Get out of the Blacklist if you are not directly involved, this is not your business so politely get lost
3) Disconnections happen; it isn't always necessary to report people after one incident

End of discussion. dragonboy52 will not be being Blacklisted at this stage.

Also, bharmalm, while you should also stay out of this, I agree with the points you raised. Honestly, common sense is not as common as advertised these days...

I would like someone who is adept at hack-checking to look into the Pokemon being given away in this giveaway. The OP claimed he had a near-flawless Wishmkr Jirachi, and then after it was pointed out the incredible difficulty of getting such a Jirachi hastened to say it was a mistake and was actually another Jirachi.

I would like someone who is adept at hack-checking to look into the Pokemon being given away in this giveaway. The OP claimed he had a near-flawless Wishmkr Jirachi, and then after it was pointed out the incredible difficulty of getting such a Jirachi hastened to say it was a mistake and was actually another Jirachi.
I'm going to have to agree with Gabe. Also take a look at all the pages, how does he take that long to realize it's a different Jirachi and the fact that he changes the IV spread of Jirachi.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Alright, I've read over the giveaway thread. It is possible that a genuine mistake was made, the worst thing any of you can do is to jump to the conclusion that this guy was trading a hack.

Good news, I get to punish OmegaForte for not reading the rules! It takes one person to report something, doesn't need your input and misinformed opinion. If this is a hack, its worth looking into by the mods. It doesn't need a guilty-until-proven-innocent mentality.

I'll be having a word with DarthChocoboz in private. Doesn't need the peanut gallery, so kindly butt out.

I would like to report armeen13 he disconnected when he was down to his last pokemon I was up 3 and he disconnected if you check his visitor page someone else also said he disconnected

I had fought a long hard battle against DazzaMUFC and after defeating his Dusknoir all he had left was his Crocune. After about 10 minutes I KOed the Crocune with my own as soon as its HP reached 0 I got the blue screen. All he said was his wifi randomly went out. There was another D/C accusation from bharmalm on his VM I should've looked into him before battling. I usually don't report people for D/Cing, (although I should), but all his stalls pissed me off so I am reporting him. Thank you for your time.

I had fought a long hard battle against DazzaMUFC and after defeating his Dusknoir all he had left was his Crocune. After about 10 minutes I KOed the Crocune with my own as soon as its HP reached 0 I got the blue screen. All he said was his wifi randomly went out. There was another D/C accusation from bharmalm on his VM I should've looked into him before battling. I usually don't report people for D/Cing, (although I should), but all his stalls pissed me off so I am reporting him. Thank you for your time.
i can confirm this as earlier today he played me and when i was sweeping and his shaymin had just fainted and he had 1 pokemon left i got the blue screen.
i left sevral VM's and he has been active and yet not replyed to any.
EDIT: just now he has apparently added "my wifi sometimes d/c's"
and as a aside he also double posted multiple times and had'nt put "i may use legal hacks in his signature" untill a while after i played him.

I would like to report checkthenight for disconnecting.

For one, he was using a focus band which mildly screwed me, but after I turned everything around and he had only taken our 1 of my Pokemon when I took out 4-6 of his (Forgot the exact number) he had disconnected once I took out his Dusknoir. And conveniently signed off of the forum when I PM'd him asking why. =/

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Reminder folks, if you simply report disconnect without allowing time to determine if it were intentional or not then you will get warned, no ifs ands nor buts. Who knows, he/she could've had an instant wifi interruption. How would you like it if you had a problem and someone else reported you for disconnecting? It's a complete waste of my time reading this when that happens.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
can someone get banned for taking too long to make a move in wifi battling?
i've encounter this situation and its beyond ridiculous.
We have no rules for such as it could be possible that a parent or spouse could be asking him/her for a quick favor that ends up taking longer than expected. Same thing applies when trading too. Common courtesy that that's what happened is always appreciated though. Then again, a pokemon match can also be compared to a chess match where sometimes opponents can take up to 4-6 hours before making their next wise move. It's all how long it takes for the brain to think things out, some are much much slower than others if you get the point here.

I would like to report Flingo3000
In game name: Jeremy
FC: 4469 0104 5781
I went to battle this flingo3000 guy and the battle disconnects which normally is fine but I went to ask him about it and noticed that this has happened twice before very recently to Merii and BlastFlosion within the last two days. I believe there is a very small chance of a bad server here.http://www.smogon.com/forums/member.php?u=70177

reporting bobbysanchez for breaking sleep clause

i had two pokes left flygon and scizor, he uses sleep powder on flygon, i switch he uses sleep powder again sorry if this is too little or if a repeat offense is needed

bobbysanchez said:
blamon123 said:
bobbysanchez said:
sleep clause no putting more than 1 poke to sleep see ya on the blacklist
You got pooped on by a tangrowth sir
the reason i reported so quickly that him asking that if my wi-fi was ok showed me that it wasn't a misclick.

sleep clause is one of the most basic though and even new guys can figure that out

I battled this D-Z guy and he D/C'ed because i predicted his blissey switch, because he thought i would switch with my heatran.He went to his abomasnow, while i went for my fire blast witch killed his abomasnow, and then he D/C'ed.
He really should get blacklisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)