Winner's Path Event: Pokewalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not out yet.. but its midnight.. im assuming we have to wait for the west coast?

Wait.. can we only get this Post-National Dex?

have 6,000 steps already. only a few more thousand to go.
Put a Dark, Electric or Fighting type in the Pokewalker when going there. You'll need less steps to "unlock" the rarer Pokemon/items.

Beldum's still a jerk to catch as far as I've seen. Since the Pokewalker handles catching differently there's no "catch rate of 3" problems anymore, but I had one bust out of a ball at one bar of health left, and another constantly evading so I couldn't damage it at all.

Good luck to people going for baby Boomlax, they're as rare as Surfchu is in Yellow Forest.

EDIT:

do you know what the exact count is? because i just got 7,500.
It's 25% less steps needed, and 10000 steps "unlocks" the rarest stuff in Winner's Path, so you should be good if you put in something with one of those types.

do you know what the exact count is? because i just got 7,500.

Nothing but Magikarps and Duskulls. Been a while. My Raichu is failing me.

edit: Finally Munchlax started to show up.. caught 2 out of 4 I saw. Both were !!!. So I'm assuming Beldum isn't going to be showing up this time..

Is it true certain Pokemon show up depending on which type you send in? Because I only saw Duskull, Magikarp, and Munchlax.

I'm super-psyched about the availability of Choice Scarf.

I don't Battle Frontier too much, and I'm stubbornly refusing to use the AR infinite items cheat.

Also hoping to RNG for a good Beldum.

I think what Pokemon you will find is decided each time you upload a Pokemon to the Pokewalker.
Yep, that's how it works. The available species are "re-rolled" whenever you send a new Pokemon in, but there's no link between what goes in and what shows up. Kinda like how the Feebas tiles worked in RSE.

Note, however, that if you like the selection of species there but want your Pokemon back, you can take it back and the species there won't change, but you won't have a Pokemon there. However, sometimes a group C (most common) Pokemon will show up in an empty Pokewalker, and since you haven't put anything in, it'll still be the species selection from before.

On a different note, things I've gotten so far:
  • 2 Choice Specs
  • like 6 Duskulls, none of which were good but hey, free Reaper Cloths!
  • around 3 White Herbs
  • a Power Herb
  • Baby Boomlax (Serious, Pickup) and the Leftovers it came with.
Also tons of Sitrus and Lum Berries.

Yep, that's how it works. The available species are "re-rolled" whenever you send a new Pokemon in, but there's no link between what goes in and what shows up. Kinda like how the Feebas tiles worked in RSE.
Actually, I've noticed that on several paths with many types of Pokemon it is almost always easier to catch a Pokemon of the same type as the one you have put in the 'walker.
Maybe, just maybe this isn't true and I am the victim of many, many incredible coincidences but do think that the "roll" is swayed by what type of Pokemon you put in.

Put a Dark, Electric or Fighting type in the Pokewalker when going there. You'll need less steps to "unlock" the rarer Pokemon/items.

Beldum's still a jerk to catch as far as I've seen. Since the Pokewalker handles catching differently there's no "catch rate of 3" problems anymore, but I had one bust out of a ball at one bar of health left, and another constantly evading so I couldn't damage it at all.

Good luck to people going for baby Boomlax, they're as rare as Surfchu is in Yellow Forest.

EDIT:

It's 25% less steps needed, and 10000 steps "unlocks" the rarest stuff in Winner's Path, so you should be good if you put in something with one of those types.
Surfchu are a little bit rarer if I remember correctly (3% as opposed to 5% for Munchlax). Also, you can catch Munchlaxes easier in !! patches, as it has a seperate appearance from the normal !! patch (unlike Surfchu and Regular Pikachus). I got lucky and was able to get a Surfchu from a !!, but chances are you might end up accidentally discarding it or skipping over it unless it was form a !!! patch.

I haven't had very much time this morning, but I was able to catch a few Bounce Magikarp this morning. I'll resend a Pokemon in later to grab a Bronzor, and maybe even go for a Horsea/Duskull tonight.

Note, however, that if you like the selection of species there but want your Pokemon back, you can take it back and the species there won't change, but you won't have a Pokemon there. However, sometimes a group C (most common) Pokemon will show up in an empty Pokewalker, and since you haven't put anything in, it'll still be the species selection from before.

On a different note, things I've gotten so far:
  • 2 Choice Specs
  • like 6 Duskulls, none of which were good but hey, free Reaper Cloths!
  • around 3 White Herbs
  • a Power Herb
  • Baby Boomlax (Serious, Pickup) and the Leftovers it came with.
Also tons of Sitrus and Lum Berries.

Ahh, very nice. Thanks a lot.

Just for the sake of sharing.. I grabbed a Magikarp and Duskull..

Oh yeah.. and a hell of a find in a Careful natured Munchlax with Thick Fat.

You were right though.. uploaded my Raichu again.. and now Beldum is showing up..

I'm really unhappy that I can't actually uses this event. When I reset my Card, I forgot to reset my Pokewalker... -_-. Well no Boomlax for me.

I'd actually trade some stuff for a timid boomlax with all ivs less than 15, just for kicks.
since everyone will rng for a 0 speed iv and negative speed nature munchlax, when magikarp and beldum show up this will produce lots of trick room pokés.
hopefull the price of a trick room metang will be lowered by alot.
a question, are these moves already in lc, or being added soon?
if not, I claim a thread about it :-)

Woo. I'm so thankful Beldum is easier seen and caught. So far.. I basically can't stop them from showing up.

Showing on !!! and !!. I just want to see a damn Horsea now.

I managed to catch everything except for Beldum and Munchlax. I don't think they'll be much trouble for me to catch, considering I have a fly and a surf Pikachu. I just need to build up the steps.

Good Luck everyone.

Well, just got me a SelfDestruct Munchlax. Brave. Thick Fat. And I didn't check the IVs yet, but it's proud of its power. That means a possible 31 Attack IV, right? So yeah, I kinda love this route now.

EDIT: I checked, its Attack IV is in fact 30. I had this in a separate post, but it was deleted, because it apparently wasn't important. Well, to me it was.

Proud of its power is max 30 Attack IV, but that's still good if that is the case. Good job!
Wow.. my Careful Munchlax is even better than i thought then. Since it has Proud of its power.

I'm a lucky d00d.

Just grabbed a Beldum too. hard to catch man..

It's max 30 Attack IV, but it could also be 25 or 20 or 15, etc. I mean, I wish you the best, haha, but you still have to check your IV Calculator to see what it is exactly. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)