Wonkymons -- Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Palkia and Wonder Guard should be banned. They force teams to carry certain moves/pokemon to deal with them, otherwise wonder guardians will just wall your team and Palkia will utterly destroy it, and there's really no reason not to use them yourself, so they end up dominating the metagame, and every team is forced to be able to counter them. A lot more options would open up without them, I think.

EV

Banned deucer.
Ok guys, what say the rest of you that play Wonkymons?

Should I ban Contrary Palkia? (that would still leave No Guard Palkia available)
Should I ban Wonder Guard? (if that happens, the old Wonder Guarders--including Elekid--get new, random abilities)
Edit: Also, Shadow Tag.

I'll update the first post in 5 days based on your input.

Ok this actually looks like a lot of fun. I guess I'm taking a different approach because I really want to try dry skin regirock. rock slide/twave/sr/drain punch. With only four weaknesses and steel being somewhat obsolete offensively as far as I know the only things it really has to worry about are shaymin and heracross. Regardless it's recovering a lot of health so it can tank pretty good under rain, with mewtwo setting up drizzle.

Ok this actually looks like a lot of fun. I guess I'm taking a different approach because I really want to try dry skin regirock. rock slide/twave/sr/drain punch. With only four weaknesses and steel being somewhat obsolete offensively as far as I know the only things it really has to worry about are shaymin and heracross. Regardless it's recovering a lot of health so it can tank pretty good under rain, with mewtwo setting up drizzle.
Want to do a battle? Still testing a new team I made, and wonkymons matches are hard to find.

EV

Banned deucer.
Eek. Yeah that's gotta go! I'm going to update new abilities tonight since I'll be busy all day tomorrow.

Subject to change: Contrary Palkia, Wonder Guard (unless someone can argue against it), possibly some Shadow Tag mons.

EV

Banned deucer.
Ok, sorry to double post, but here are the changes:

Banned
Contrary Palkia
Shadow Tag Terrakion
Shadow Tag Kyurem-B
Wonder Guard

New abilities:
Dodrio - Magma Armor
Omanyte - Blaze
Elekid - Toxic Boost
Camerupt - Aftermath
Castform - Normalize
Gabite - Flame Body
Volcarona - Guts

So nothing good really came out of those new abilities, but the main takeaway is the departure of Contrary Palkia. No Guard will probably replace it somewhat, and I suspect weather to become more useful (with 100% accurate Hydro Pump in the rain), so maybe Dragonite, Mewtwo, Keldeo, and Magnezone (?) will rise in usage.

As such, Drought Hydreigon might show up more, as it can dispatch of the main Drizzlers. Ho-oh will appreciate sun and can take out Steel-types with Magnet Pull. Magic Guard Chandelure and Illusion Arcanine... anyone?

Changes go into affect after the mod is changed and Joim's server reset, so they might not be available just yet.

Static Chansey @Eviolite
Static
Seismic Toss
Softboiled
Protect
Toxic
Sorry you had to get parahaxed, Mr. Physical Attacker. I am the amazing Chansey!
And this is fun, could you update for Gen 6?

Regigigas @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Return

Jussayin

Reactions: EV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)