World's Best Cheeseburger

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know there have been polls all over, and we've heard what the experts think, but what's YOUR opinion?

My goal is to travel and try cheeseburgers anywhere possible, with an emphasis on trying both region-specific chains (white castle, jack-in-the-box, etc) and worldwide chains (wendy's, burger king, etc).

Personally, the best cheeseburger I've eaten was Checkers. Perhaps it was the location, but the burger patty was enormous, cooked just right, and had a nice blend of spices to compliment it.

Runners up are Five Guys and Wendy's. Both of them I eat at regularly, and they are my go-to places if I don't feel like being adventurous.

What are everyone else's experiences/favorites?

Yeah, I like Five Guys a lot (ate there today actually). I haven't tried too many different places, but it seems quite a bit higher quality than your average fast food place.

Five Guys is definitely my favorite, and I personally don't like Wendy's. I watched a video is social studies today about Air Force 1, and according to Obama they've got some nice burgers xD
TGIF/Friday's got really good burgers too, at least the one close to me. Tuesday's sliders are good too. I love this thread. Cheeseburger's are my third favorite food (after pizza and spaghetti- I'm Italian), and the best side with burgers are obv fries.

Traveling and sampling burgers is something I've always wanted to do myself WaterBomb (the TV show Man vs Food doesn't help!), gonna have to give it more consideration after seeing this. I like going out of my way to try as many different burgers as I can. Pretty sure I've hit up every place where I live. This post hardly covers the "World's Best" but you asked for our personal experience so yeah :P

Unfortunately, all of my local burger joints fall short of familiar chains, though I have high hopes for one place where I opted for fish over a burger (I can't remember the name of it for the life of me, will get back on that). Never been to an In-and-Out, but if it's as good as people say the pictures certainly don't do them any justice. In the fast food department, nothing really kept me coming back like Carl's Jr/Hardee's Grilled Cheese Bacon Burger.

It's discontinued to my knowledge, I can only hope they bring it back :( Their Guacamole Bacon burger is good too, but rather generic. As far as restraunt quality / gormet burgers go, I was extremely impressed with Red Robin's Bleu Ribbon Burger.

Fantastic combination of tastes, there's a mixture of soft and crunchy texture that's perfect, and the bun compliments it extremely well. Can't say I've had a better burger personally. Honorable mention goes to Chili's Smokehouse Bacon Burger, only because the bacon they put on that thing is ridiculous (it's like a quarter of an inch thick!).

When the roads get better (and I have some time off), I'm going to make my way to Talkeetna and try Seward`s Folly, which was featured on the Alaskan episode of Man vs Food. You can video for it here here. It's going to be a blast.

Make that Eastern Canada, we don't have wimpy's here in Alberta, nor have I seen it on the west coast (though you'd know more than me, Ala, about BC)

In-and-Out Burger is without a doubt the best.
This. West coast!

In close second is The portobello-mushroom-cheeseburger, from Carls Jr. It's still really really good, but it's a little too pricey for the amount of actual burger you get. Something like 8$ for a fast food meal is pretty expensive. On the other hand, it's supposed to be "restaurant quality" so it's pretty cheap if you compare it to a restaurant burger. I love mushrooms btw. And they pair up really well with the swiss cheese product they put on this burger. I'm only saying swiss cheese "product" since it's not top of the line cheese; probably something that tastes nothing like real swiss cheese (i've never tried REAL swiss). Still has a wonderful taste though.

When taking into account accessibility, my burger of choice would be Five Guys; it's the best fast food I've got around me. But I've been to California, and had In-N-Out. If I were to choose between those, I would definitely take In-N-Out.

However, near me in Columbus, there is a place called Thurman's, which is really famous for its burger challenge and was on Man vs. Food. That's pretty close.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
oh yes, in-and-out is by FAR the best. i make a point to eat it about every other day whenever i'm in california. aside from in-and-out burger, i'm not sure that any burger i can think of immediately comes to mind in terms of "wow this shit's really good!". tbh i find almost all fast-food type burgers pretty foul (particularly mcdonalds), but if i had to pick a distant runner-up to in-and-out, it would probably be wendys.

FUCK now i want some in-and-out really badly :I

oh yes, in-and-out is by FAR the best. i make a point to eat it about every other day whenever i'm in california. aside from in-and-out burger, i'm not sure that any burger i can think of immediately comes to mind in terms of "wow this shit's really good!". tbh i find almost all fast-food type burgers pretty foul (particularly mcdonalds), but if i had to pick a distant runner-up to in-and-out, it would probably be wendys.

FUCK now i want some in-and-out really badly :I
Cravings. Rough. Make sure you don't start to think about their milkshakes. And especially not the fries. Animal-style fries...

All about getting a good mix of chuck and sirloin and making your own with like 80-20 meat to fat.

Well for me its just having my brother do it cause he loves cooking and I love eating his food.

If you're ever in Ottawa I'd recommend The Works, rather pricey but it's restaurant/gourmet quality burgers and they are damm good. Also a million-and-one different toppings and such. Definitely worth it IMO.

Blackhawk11

one on one
If you're ever in Wisconsin/Michigan/states in between, then you have to try Culver's. It's the only fast food burger joint that I eat at, (unfortunately the local selection is limited to BK, McDonald's, and a Wendy's). And the fries and custard are also great. To above: there was a Fuddrucker's by me that closed as well; definately a good choice if you can find one in business.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

The Burger Bar in Las Vegas, NV.

I swear to you they have the best burgers I have ever tasted. Cooked gourmet and worth every red cent and then some. Give me 26 bucks to spend on any meal and I will go back to the Burger Bar, no questions asked. Considering it's all natural, the sides are great, and you can build it with any toppings you want (I got Provolone/Swiss, Carmelized Onions, Lettuce, Tomato on a Wheat Bun with Sweet Potato Fries). It's a must stop if you want an epic Cheeseburger (or any burger, really).

In-N-Out Burger? I am from the east coast of the United States and vacationed out west two summers ago and ate my first, and hopefully last In-N-Out Burger the last night I was there. The burger was absolutely terrible; the rest of my family enjoyed it, but it seems that I just don't "get" In-N-Out Burger. And hopefully I never will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)