Role Playing World's Largest Dungeon - Day 1

"The door looks clear, but what an ungodly odor!" I step back from the door. "I am willing to bet a corpse is on the other side, along with whatever made it. Trinno, you just stay in the back with me. Seeing as our fur-brained friend here has so graciously volunteered to open the door, he will do so while the rest of us are trained on whatever nasty thing we see. "

Bleshet draws a crude map in half-dried orc/gnoll blood.

"I feel only halfway wounded now, thank you Dargon. Any questions regarding my plan? Whenever you are in position I will open the door."

Bleshet drops the orc he's dragging and positions himself next to the door, falchion drawn.

((Can I use an orc as a meatshield with 1 hand? How much AC would this give if allowed? If this is legal then I do this and instead wield a longsword in other hand.))

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The orc weighs 300 pounds, so you can lift it with two hands, be staggered, lose Dex to AC, and move 5 feet per round as a full round action. In this case, you can have +4 cover. I do not generally recommend this course of action.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Even before you opened the door you could smell that something was amiss. Now that it is open, the smell is overwhelming. The source is more than a score of bodies piled up in this room, their flesh rotting away.

((for those who have trouble viewing maps, you can zoom in your browser using ctrl + your mouse wheel))

Of course! No gnoll is swayed by stench.

Bleshet continues, holding his nose. "Mind the stench. Stay alert when I go in. Shoot anything that moves."

"..."

"Except me."

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Taking stock, Bleshet finds a total of 23 bodies here, 17 kobolds and six larger reptiles that he had never seen before. Their scaly hide is a dull gray. Their frames resemble that of cave lizards, with a long tail and crests on their head and back. The bodies are in varying states of decay, all of which have been stripped of anything they might have been carrying in life. Examination of their bodies show wounds, but Bleshet can't make out what type.

Kobold said:
Unknown Reptilian Humanoid said:
11:30 AM

"Safe. Check for hidden doors and we're done here."

"Let's do a similar procedure at the next door towards east. Same positions."

Bleshet takes his position.

"We can build barricades with those corpses and use them to cover our scent trail."

"...also they're probably still edible."

"Eugh... It seems my initial fears were correct. Let's take care not to join this lot." He takes some silent satisfaction that there are dead kobolds here. That'll teach them to kick him out...

"Anyway, I've no intention of lingering about corpses. I'll check the other door - - and not because you told me to. "

I go to the door to the east and examine for traps. 17 perception.

When everyone is in position, Bleshet opens the door.

((For minor movement like this, confirmation of movement shouldn't be needed. Do you all agree that when opening a new door we can standardize the positions so that we can open doors without everyone confirming? We'll standardize corridor marching order also later.))

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
((They have already agreed to make you movement leader, for now this applies to opening doors and going down corridors. FYI I just wanted YOU to initiate opening the door.))

As Bleshet pulls the door open, a gout of fire puffs out of the center of it. He covers his face and takes 1 fire damage. The fire spreads out. Trinno sidesteps taking 2 fire damage, as does Altezz taking 1 fire damage, and Stahl for 1 fire damage. Severian doesn't even bother, taking no damage anyway. Dargon stands just outside of reach. On the bright side, it's worth noting that Bleshet is no longer sickened ((and has 2 more HP by my calculation than his sheet indicates)).

Several piles of moldy sacks sit in each of the four corners of this room, their decaying contents fill the air with a sour smell. There is a door directly across from the one you just opened. It opens inward, revealing a bit of the room beyond but nothing of note.

"Hmm, from now on we ought to help Altezz look for traps on doors when we have taken our positions."

"That half-open door looks untrustworthy. Altezz or someone else who is good at sneaking around should take a peek through that doorway. After the safety has been secured, let us search the sacks."

"I predict there to be lizards in the room beyond."

Altezz lets out a sound that's something akin to a yipe as he quickly steps out of the way, avoiding most of the flame. "B-but, how could I..." He looks around at the group, and taking a second regains his composure. "Hmph. I merely wished to see how well this group reacts to danger. It seems that you've passed this test." Even though he is gruff, his voice shakes slightly.

Wordlessly, he slowly enters the room, looking about and trying to quietly and stealthily get to the door and get a quick look at's what's on the other side.

17 perception, 14 stealth.

"ANYTHING THERE, ALTEZZ?"

"Oops... In retrospect, perhaps it would be better if I didn't shout. From now on when you go to scout ahead, Altezz, we won't talk or approach until we either hear something alarming or you report back."

"Quiet!" the kobold hisses back. "Have you no notion of subtlety in that thick skull of yours?"

He walks back to the group, and relays what he saw. "It seems we have a passageway, and I haven't seen anything, but I'm not just going up alone, at least not without backup within short distance."

Repositioning whole group at the northern door of the small storage room.

Bleshet whispers: "ok try now, walk around the room until you learn of its dimensions, if you feel comfortable, check for any further doors as well for traps and listen through them, when you deem the room and the doors safe, we'll pillage the wares."

He glares again at Bleshet. "Again, why must you insist on giving orders like you're qualified to do so? I am more than capable of conducting investigations, and I don't need you to tell me how to do so."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)