"Worst Pokémon Ever"

There's plenty of pokemon who are worse because of their practicality, Dugdrio isn't that bad. It has 120 blazing speed, arena trap for anything not in the air making it useful for killing what's left of last turn's sweeper. Sure it's a weird design but atleast it has something to do other than sit in a collection box.
Yeah you are right, I was purely ranting about it's design. Competively he/she/they aren't that bad.

Motherfucking Dedenne. The other electric rodents had something original. Emolga was a flying squirrel, Pachirisu was a squirrel, not a mouse and was also blue instead of yellow, and Plusle and... oh wait, those two suck too.

Point is, Dedenne is unoriginal in design and can't do absolute shit in competitive. It will suck, even in NU it ain't got nothing.

Electrode has always seemed rather sloppy as an evolution too me. It's stats are okay for a lower tier pokemon but its design compared to voltorb was just too similar to me, basically it was boring. They did a better job of the disguised pokeball in generation five( sorry genwunners) with foonguss and amoonguss. That was Darwinism at its finest

how the fuck has nobody said CHINGLING yet

The preevolution literally nobody asked for which looks like an aborted mentally challenged Pac Man with a bell perpetually stuck in its mouth, added literally nothing to improve the already poor Chimecho (its sole contribution... was Last Resort. PHYSICAL CHIMECHO GOGOGO), pretty much dashes any hope of the poor Wind Chime getting an evolution, trolls you by having Levitate even when in 90% of its appearances it's clearly on the ground, and you have to go out of your way to find one of these pieces of shit most of the time, as even Game Freak wanted to forget this abomination existed by forcing you to breed with Pure Incense to find it. It fails miserably at the one thing baby Pokemon are supposed to do at being adorable, and considering how heart-meltingly cute Chimecho is, THAT takes some serious deliberate effort to fail so hard at being cute. Oh yeah and its shiny form is absolutely atrocious as well. Literally not a single redeeming value to its existence.

Oh and if we're going to talk about final evolutions, then the Incarnate Formes of the Kami Trio win hands fucking down when it comes to design. You want laziness? Try palette swapping a sprite, changing the tail marginally and counting it as 3 separate Pokemon! And these are 3 of our Legendaries ladies and gentlemen! If you thought that practice was exclusive to the NES era and to rabid Sonic fans, you are sadly sadly mistaken. Concerning utility... Dedenne, not only due to its general uselessness, but also how surprisingly hard it is to find as well. Took me 20 minutes to find one of these useless turds when I was first playing the game!

Last edited:
how the fuck has nobody said CHINGLING yet

The preevolution literally nobody asked for which looks like an aborted mentally challenged Pac Man with a bell perpetually stuck in its mouth, added literally nothing to improve the already poor Chimecho (its sole contribution... was Last Resort. PHYSICAL CHIMECHO GOGOGO), pretty much dashes any hope of the poor Wind Chime getting an evolution, trolls you by having Levitate even when in 90% of its appearances it's clearly on the ground, and you have to go out of your way to find one of these pieces of shit most of the time, as even Game Freak wanted to forget this abomination existed by forcing you to breed with Pure Incense to find it. It fails miserably at the one thing baby Pokemon are supposed to do at being adorable, and considering how heart-meltingly cute Chimecho is, THAT takes some serious deliberate effort to fail so hard at being cute. Oh yeah and its shiny form is absolutely atrocious as well. Literally not a single redeeming value to its existence.

Oh and if we're going to talk about final evolutions, then the Incarnate Formes of the Kami Trio win hands fucking down when it comes to design. You want laziness? Try palette swapping a sprite, changing the tail marginally and counting it as 3 separate Pokemon! And these are 3 of our Legendaries ladies and gentlemen! If you thought that practice was exclusive to the NES era and to rabid Sonic fans, you are sadly sadly mistaken. Concerning utility... Dedenne, not only due to its general uselessness, but also how surprisingly hard it is to find as well. Took me 20 minutes to find one of these useless turds when I was first playing the game!
Chingling also contributes to give a relevant egg move to Chimeco, Recover, Chimecho itself being unable to learn it by breeding... oh wait, as of gen VI Chimecho can learn Recover by breeding without Pure Incense? It really looks like Game Freak wants to forget Chingling lol.
At least it has 3 guaranteed perfect IVs in the wild in gen VI. That's how I it helped me to get my 6IV31 male from the amorphous egg group on my X game.
And for Dedenne, just use something with Static.

Last edited:
Reactions: JES
I would have to agree with Dedenne. It really has no viable use other than being a commercial fodder; it's cutesy design just begs, "stuff me with cotton and let's go!".

It was already pointed out how Generation VI went out of the norm in its early game elements getting more adventurous with their ["Pokemon's"] type combinations, movepools, abilities and such. Granted, the competitive community was graced by unexpected "early-route Pokemon" powerhouses in Talonflame and Diggersby. From this, I was hopeful that this gen's electric rodent will follow on with the trend. But no, the closest that they can do to mix things up for the ill-fated rodent was an additional Fairy typing; no redeeming qualities whatsoever that lifts it up from the previous rodents. Checked if it gets an amazing ability, perhaps a move like Belly Drum, or an exclusive boosting item; unfortunately, the answer to all of them was a resonating "no".

But who knows? Maybe next generation will bestow upon us the mighty Dedennite.

Probably for me it would be Aromatisse. I don't really know what it is but something about it just seems off. Maybe because it looks like a mix of Pinoceo,Nicki Minaj, and a gremlin.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Another strong contender: Lumineon.

I mean, at least Luvdisc is a great source of Heart Scales, is symbolically noteworthy due to its connection to everlasting love, and its stats suck so much that it's outstanding in itself. Lumineon, however, is just awfully generic. It has awful stats, a plain Water typing, an awful movepool, and looks so bland I've already forgotten what it looks like (even though I just read its Bulbapedia article to research for this post). Its lore is also especially un-noteworthy. It lives at the seafloor. It flashes. That's it. Also, in almost half the games it's featured in (5 out of 11), its Pokédex entry mentions Lanturn, a reminder that the concept of deep-sea-dwelling Pokémon has been done a lot better already. Lumineon is the embodiment of boring Pokémon, both lore-wise, looks-wise and competitively. I was actually sad to se "Mr. XY"'s prediction of a Lumineon evolution turn out to be false. This thing is desperate for better looks, stats and moves to get out of the swamp of mediocrity it currently reigns over.

Here's the pokemon I'll suggest: Shedinja

As of Generation 6, Shedinja still has all the same problems it had last generation, and the generation before that... and the generation before that. You get the point. While Wonder Guard is generally a good ability, Shedinja's typing does nothing to make use of it. Anything that hits it for super effective damage (Fire, Flying, Dark, Ghost, Rock) takes it down immediately, and it can't switch into any of the major entry hazards or weather effects. Its base 1 HP means its defenses are entirely useless (not to say that they're entirely desirable in the first place).

Sure, it's a ghost bug. Sure, it's the empty shell of a molted Nincada, but that's really all it is and all it ever will be. It's severely outclassed by Ninjask in usefulness as it is. A brown shell with a halo thing floating above its head doesn't really appeal to the eye as far as aesthetics. It's actually pretty creepy-looking, although that was probably the intended effect. It's just downright ugly.

Mr. Mime

3. The name is not only lazy. (Imagine renaming Scrafty to Mr. Gangster). But it is also gender confused. Couldn't they have made MR. Mime a male only species in Gen II?
Um, that's because the games are made in Japan. And so Japan gets to choose which Pokémon have which gender ratios. And its Japanese name, バリヤード, makes no references to gender at all, so there was no reason to make it a male-only species.

Though I will agree with you that Mr. Mime is creepy based on all of those other points.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
I'll argue that Shedinja might be a bad and gimmicky Pokémon, but at least it does something, and is actually quite something out of the ordinary. It stands out. It has a unique ability. Concept-wise, it's pretty original. A magical shell shed after Nincada evolved, impervious to most attacking types but will crumble like tin foil when hit by something its magic can't stop. This might not make it a good Pokémon, but I certainly don't think it's the worst ever. It stands out, which is more than can be said for, say, Dewgong, Seaking or Maractus.

Then again, I suppose it all comes down to how you define a bad Pokémon, or the worst ever. In my opinion, this largely means it has no discernible use in battle, a half-assed back story, an unremarkable design, does not feature prominently in any medium, and doesn't stand out among other Pokémon in any way. For me, Lumineon represents the pinnacle of all those. 'mons like Mr. Mime, Stunfisk, Shedinja and Luvdisc are at least remarkable enough that we keep bringing them up. They are so silly/bad/ugly that you have to remember them. Not so much for the likes of Noctowl, Phione, Seismitoad or Swalot. They're just there to fluff the Pokédex.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My second nomination would go to the elemental monkeys, Simisage, Simisear and Simipour. They're outclassed by practically every other Pokemon of their type, they're hard to find, there's no use in them and worst of all, and this is the most annoying thing, they lack any creativity whatsoever. All they did was slap the relevant colour and features on each monkey. It's like they made them for the sole purpose of making the plainest gym leaders marginally more unlikeable.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
^Oh, how could I ever forget the elemental monkeys? I guess I must have suceeded in repressing those memories. Thanks so much for bringing them back...

Totally agree with you, though. They fit most of the criteria I wrote above, apart from the "does not feature prominently" bit. The monkeys were everywhere in B/W. In what felt like almost every other route, there would be a trainer or two using one or more of them. Even Miyamoto had the misfortune of having them on his team.
What was most annoying, though, was that they weren't treated as individual Pokémon. If you bumped in to one of them on your way, you knew the two others would soon follow. Big Stadium/Small Court had all three, Miyamoto had all three, two of them could feature in a double battle, then the next trainer down the road would have the last one. Thank heavens there weren't more of them in the wild...

Design- and performance-wise, they were also quite atrocious. They were ugly, with poor stats, poor abilities and poor movepools. Tons of other Pokémon of their respective types did their jobs miles better than the monkeys. Both by looking better, taking more hits, hitting harder, or just being less damn predictable. The monkeys fit all criteria for being bad, plus harvesting all the extra bonus points for being annoying to boot.

Interestingly enough, a few small steps could be taken to make them less terrible. A secondary Normal typing would have helped them a lot, both in terms of uniquety and battle performance. Spreading them a little apart, treating them like individual Pokémon rather than pieces in a set of three would also help. A little more specialized stats wouldn't hurt either. As-is, they're just the pinnacle of mediocre and boring.

Has everyone forgotten about shuckle: the worm infested rock. Sure, It has the best defences in the game, but it can do absolutely NOTHING. The only source of damage it has is toxic, which makes it completely walled by the steels that hit it supereffectively. Did I mention that it lookes like a worm infested rock?

Has everyone forgotten about shuckle: the worm infested rock. Sure, It has the best defences in the game, but it can do absolutely NOTHING. The only source of damage it has is toxic, which makes it completely walled by the steels that hit it supereffectively. Did I mention that it lookes like a worm infested rock?
Shuckle has found ways to cheat the system. If we're adding troll pokemon Wobbuffet might be on here. At first he only had 4 attacks and 8 tons of HP. He doesn't need speed, he learns counter. He got a baby evolution to learn tickle (gotta add that) and learned the worst part, shadow tag. a pokemon with 190/58/58 and no attack stats was pushed into ubers for two gens.
http://www.smogon.com/rs/pokemon/wobbuffet
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/wobbuffet

Shuckle has found ways to cheat the system. If we're adding troll pokemon Wobbuffet might be on here. At first he only had 4 attacks and 8 tons of HP. He doesn't need speed, he learns counter. He got a baby evolution to learn tickle (gotta add that) and learned the worst part, shadow tag. a pokemon with 190/58/58 and no attack stats was pushed into ubers for two gens.
http://www.smogon.com/rs/pokemon/wobbuffet
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/wobbuffet
The only reason it was "pushed into ubers" was because leftovers healed any struggle damage they did when two wobbufet went up against eachother

The only reason it was "pushed into ubers" was because leftovers healed any struggle damage they did when two wobbufet went up against eachother
Perfect reason to not have him in OU where half of every team has Blissey cause she's unbreakable to special. Atleast they fixed Shadow Tag so ghosts and other Shadow Tag users can leave.

Perfect reason to not have him in OU where half of every team has Blissey cause she's unbreakable to special. Atleast they fixed Shadow Tag so ghosts and other Shadow Tag users can leave.
Yes, they fixed Shadow tag and Struggle, so now he's back in OU.

Wasn't this thread about the worst pokes ever?

And its only stat above 80 is physical Defense, when it's weak to Fighting, Rock, and 4x to Ground. Yeah, that Defense is suuuuuure helpful.
You forgot 4x weak to water.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)