Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

It's really just the minor things, for me pumpkaboos back could use some more shades of pink, but only slightly. Those curved dark pink lines might get away with some more colour. Once you get a Mega Gardevoir back as well I'll probably say yes for animation.
I see. I'll get to these hopefully by tomorrow. c:

Wobblebuns
There doesn't seem to be a clear angle for your shading, either the shading that reaches up on the right is too high, the shading on the very left is too high, or both. Either will work, but besides that it does look quite good. :)
D'aww. Shading has always troubled me. Sometimes, I just randomly shade and hope for the best that it makes sense. It's definitely one of the fields in spriting I should learn about more; light source and such.

Alright well I still need to get this backsprite done, but here's my attempt at Frogadier QC. Nothing major, just hopefully making things a bit more manageable in terms of drawing this horrible, horrible mon's backsprite.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just finished Chesnaught, both male AND female front/backsprite differences, as well as fixed the backsprite's leg:

I went based off this screenshot I saw:
and I'm pretty sure this isn't a shiny...The shell is dark brown, and the arms AND legs are shorter on the female variant. If everyone thinks this is all good, I can go to make it transparent and whatnot

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just finished Chesnaught, both male AND female front/backsprite differences, as well as fixed the backsprite's leg:

I went based off this screenshot I saw:
and I'm pretty sure this isn't a shiny...The shell is dark brown, and the arms AND legs are shorter on the female variant. If everyone thinks this is all good, I can go to make it transparent and whatnot
Looks alot better :) But that right leg. Its still a bit crooked under the knee where that horozontal line goes through. Other than that, it looks great!

Alright well I still need to get this backsprite done, but here's my attempt at Frogadier QC. Nothing major, just hopefully making things a bit more manageable in terms of drawing this horrible, horrible mon's backsprite.

i hope there's a tail between those legs, or else the spriter who reserved will have to work on the first pixelated ass on pokemon

I went based off this screenshot I saw
The screenshot you reference is unfortunately not what it looks like...

This was someone on a board somewhere saying "hey guys look I 'fixed' this final evo"

as far as is known at this time, only the tall, tan Chesnaught is legit, both for male and female forms

EDIT: look just below the feet of the shorter form and you'll see little hints of it being an edit someone made

Is there any way I can put my name down on the spreadsheet beside Mega Gyarados. I assumed it would be done by a superior like Layell. Is this not the case?

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I made an avalugg and gengar"s sprites.
16 colours (No worrie, according to me, transparency count as one colour)
8colours

And greninja today
15 colours

Luigi player > Yes its okay, these sprite are free to use.
By any chance do you have the back sprites as well? They would be pretty useful

Jaiho

bandy legged troll
I made an avalugg and gengar"s sprites.
16 colours (No worrie, according to me, transparency count as one colour)
8colours

And greninja today
15 colours

Luigi player > Yes its okay, these sprite are free to use.
Your Mega Gengar is a lot better than I could ever make... I concede to you sir

I've been working a bit on Delphox and I've questionned myself on the size...
I don't really know if the size is good, and I don't want to start over once I've started it, so here it is, compared to typhlosion:

upload_2013-10-9_18-7-14.png

So I've drawn the basic outline, I didn't begin to work on it yet. Just asking if you think it's the right size?

CoolStoryBrobat

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The screenshot you reference is unfortunately not what it looks like...

This was someone on a board somewhere saying "hey guys look I 'fixed' this final evo"

as far as is known at this time, only the tall, tan Chesnaught is legit, both for male and female forms

EDIT: look just below the feet of the shorter form and you'll see little hints of it being an edit someone made
LOL are you serious? Dang, I spent a whole 30-40 minutes for nothing then. Ah well. In order to compensate I just saved the frontsprite and backsprite as a transparent .png file (The original one had a transparent background but it didn't fill up the dimensions properly. Credit still goes to Manibogi ).

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Typhlosion <333

Anyway, the moment of truth is here. I just finished making the master of ou. Goomy! Check it out :D

View attachment 2056
THIS THING IS ADORABLE

My only concern is that some of the shading on the darker blue area looks... awkward. Some of it moves while some of it stays static, and some areas stick out where there should be a lighter blue.

hey GTS I like your Dragalgae but I don't know if you've seen this image and I think this could help with the faceView attachment 2045

also for chepin nuts I have some images of mega gyrados for youView attachment 2047
i appreciate that you actually gave feedback, which no one else has..

and yeah, that image does give a better idea of the face. i didnt even realize the eye was red until i saw it.
but my snout is still a bit inaccurate.

but given that no one else has commented on it at all, i'm guessing there is no interest in using it so, whatever.

CoolStoryBrobat

hey GTS I like your Dragalgae but I don't know if you've seen this image and I think this could help with the faceView attachment 2045

also for chepin nuts I have some images of mega gyrados for youView attachment 2047
I got some feedback for ya...I do think the size proportions are perfectly reasonable now, but the palette could use some touching up...The brown needs to be a bit paler, and the shade you used on the magenta section is still more of a "Blending" color...you gotta make it much, much darker than what it currently is

Typhlito

One Active Dawg

Figuring out how to animate blobs BW style was a bit tough, but I got the hang of it. I'll try to have the backsprite done tomorrow.
uh legit I already reserved goomy... It does look nice though

And ill work on the shadowing a bit more then. Hopefully I'll be done with that tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)