Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nice stuff Bran, we'll get Sliggo straight into animation approval, Goodra I'll wait until the backsprite is right and good until I approve for animation.

Though I am editing that neck back

Also real talk need the following mons for XY, if anything just to borrow for a while. You'll see why the project requires me to have them in a bit.

-Meadow Vivillon
-Zygarde

Comment on my profile if you have them, I'll throw you a pokerus mon for your trouble.

Last edited:

leafbarrett

Better than he thinks
It seems like nobody's claimed Mega Gardevoir's shiny sprite, so I have a modification of the normal Mega Gardevoir currently in PS, if Wobblebuns is okay with me submitting an edit of his sprites...

alright I have some edits
first mega ty
mega tyranitar.png
mega tyranitar back.png

the back is much better now
second is edited barbaracle
barbaracle.png

the colors looks a lot better on him
i'm also currently working on mega harecross and barbaracle's back hopefully I can get them done soon.

A note about Sliggoo's back: the shell is not actually a shell, it's a curled up tail (just checked it in the game), so the line under it shouldn't be there.

I made a new Pyroar sprite, as I was not really liking the old one much...is it OK?
I'm assuming it's based on the official art, which has a front view of his head, which I don't feel is appropriate for a battle stance. Compare with the head position of the current sprite to get what I mean.

Last edited:
Mega Blastoise's turret looks curved on the top - I think it could be one pixel shorter at the top as well, since the opening is closer to the bottom than it is from the top (making it shorter might also be a good way to fix the curve, maybe?) But I think the curve is why it looks off :x

leafbarrett

Better than he thinks
I'm gonna go ahead and post the shiny edits, I guess. If Wobblebuns wants to make his own or just wants me to take these down, then he can message me and I'll remove them.

Here's the indexed version. 15 colors, like the OP suggests. Both use the same palette, since I'm not sure if you want them to have the same palette or if they can have separate ones.

And here's the full color one, which I (as you might expect) prefer. It uses 18 colors, which is actually less than the normal one's front currently uses (20, while the normal back uses 18 like these, but both front and back of the normal currently have a color map of 255, with the extra slots filled by black). If both front and back have to share a color palette, then these ones would have 19 colors, while the normal uses 22 colors. All 3 palettes have white in them, but since white blends with the forum background, you kinda can't see it...

Edited mega blastoise's face. Now I'm thinking whether I should fix the turret, the nozzle isn't proper for me...
I... well, I tried to fix the cannon. I don't know if I succeeded, but I tried.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Good stuff LB, editing palettes of the original for shinies is probably a really useful thing to do, considering that we don't want to manually recolour all this stuff for the animations.

So with that said:

I turned the normal dress to a slightly different white, they are now complete palette swaps although it doesn't look like it! All at 15 colours too!

also

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
This weekend I will be getting all of the Kalosmons, at the moment I'm only missing 20.

Here is the ones we will have compared to serebii.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
those look really good princessofmusic but there is one thing that bugs me a little. Floette's back sprite. It's completely shaded. I think there should be alittle more light colors instead of having it all 1 shade.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Ok so I'll be getting all the minisprite on smogon now, and very shortly on PS as well. Huge thanks to ium for owning a capture card and grueling through those 40 trades we did.

also

Anyways here is a list of high priority shtuff
-Goodra back (Bran has got this)
-Mega Manectric new front and back(CoolStoryBrobat has one that's big, I said I'd edit it smaller but can that be posted here again I don't think I have it)
-Mega Aggron, someone can make a back for Noscium or a completely new front and back
-Mega Abomasnow, Torterra X had a big one, Noscium had a big one too. Also matching back
-Avalugg backsprite, no idea if anyone has done anything elcheeso might have done a bit but someone can take this up as well.
-Mega Medicham back, has thedotwalks been around? Making a back from the BW sprite should be easy, be sure to repose hands.
-Mega Houndoom back, I've been working slowly on this one for a bit

Low priority
-Mega Alakazam, uhh where were those other sprites that weren't Noscium's in this thread, I know they are somewhere I can find them later probably. I just want some good front and back and spoons plz.
-Mega Banette backsprite QC
-Braixen backsprite
-Fletchinder QC

Last edited:
princessofmusic The sprites are nice, but... Floette's flower stem. It's perfectly straight, and looks a little unnatural. It's not perfectly straight in the official art or in-game model. You could probably just edit the lower part of the stem and it would look better (I'd do it myself, it's a simple edit, but I no longer have access to Photoshop QQ)

Haven't anyone really noticed this link? It has a lot of good sprites from all the new pokemon. I don't know the exact rules, but I think that some stuff could be inspired/used from those sprites.
We've been using a lot of those sprites as placeholders. Noscium did a lot of those sprites. And zerudez did the others, and his stuff was linked earlier. So we've seen all of those sprites before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)