Challenge XY Giveaway Contest - Round 2

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

ROUND 2: DA BLING GENERATION
This round will end at 11:59:59 PM (GMT -5) on 8/31.

In December 2000, Japan released Pokémon Crystal, the companion entry to Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon Silver Version. The second generation of Pokémon took the franchise's motto, "Gotta catch 'em all" to the next level, introducing one hundred new Pokémon (including many evolutions of old Pokémon) to the series. This week's challenge asks you to return to the series' roots.

CHALLENGE
Pokémon Crystal: Complete as many Pokédex entries (owned) as possible within the time limit (1 hour and 30 minutes)

This challenge mixes the speed run genre with the challenge that drew so many of us to the Pokémon franchise. In order to be successful in this challenge, you must weigh your options carefully. Do you choose to progress the story, opening yourself up to additional opportunities to find Pokémon? Do you attempt to catch every single Pokémon on a route? Do you search for rare Pokémon like Dunsparce, or try to catch as many common Pokémon as possible? Do you start during the day or during the night?

RULES
A list of general rules can be found here.

1. Do not abuse save states/resets. This should be a continuous run of the game.
  2. Do not abuse any challenge-breaking glitches such as the box glitch.
  3. Do not trade with another game cartridge. In-game trades are allowed.
  4. You may not exceed the time limit of 1 hour and 30 minutes. Submissions with a time above this limit will not be accepted.
SUBMISSIONS
Start a conversation with @Stellar titled "Round 1 Submission"

• INCLUDE THE TIME AND DAY YOU CHOSE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME.
  • Your Pokédex count and game time should be clearly visible in the screenshot or photo.
  • You may not exceed the 1 hour 30 minute time limit.
  • You may only submit one screenshot or photo. Select your best time.
  • You should not post your results publicly.
CONTESTANTS (TOP 24) & LEADERBOARD
Alterevolution
amnz ✓
atsync ✓
billymills ✓
breh ✓
DHR-107 ✓
elcheeso ✓
Eo Ut Mortus ✓
extra. ✓
Focus ✓
Jimera0
LegendaryElitist ✓
Level 51 ✓
lucariojr ✓
makiri ✓
Manitary ✓
Mekkah ✓
Nexus ✓
Roadagain ✓
sb879 ✓
Shiny Dratini ✓
totodile
Wyverii ✓
zdrup15 ✓

1. elcheeso - 35
  2. Wyverii - 32
  3. zdrup15 - 32
  4. atsync - 31
  5. DHR-107 - 31
  6. sb879 - 30
  7. Nexus - 29
  8. Mekkah - 29
  9. Eo Ut Mortus - 29
  10. Roadagain - 28
  11. makiri - 28
  12. Focus - 26
  13. Level 51 - 26
  14. extra. - 26
  15. billymills - 25
  16. LegendaryElitist - 24
  17. Manitary - 24
  18. lucariojr - 24
    CUTOFF FOR ROUND 3
  19. amnz - 22
  20. breh - 17
  21. Shiny Dratini - 12
  22. Alterevolution - N/A
  23. Jimera0 - N/A
  24. totodile - N/A

The top 18 contestants from this round will move on to Round 3. Sign-ups are no longer open.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Title for this round is thanks to user: @extra.

Also, please note that like the previous round, your run for this round must be continuous. You may not save the game at one hour and wait for nightfall. Choosing the most beneficial time and date is part of the challenge. Be sure to include the time and day you chose at the beginning of the game in your submission conversation to me.

I would also suggest using an external timer to prevent yourself from exceeding the 1 hour and 30 minute time limit.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
Your name is not mentioned anywhere in this thread, so I have no idea why you received an alert...

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
umm i got the alert for and im not in it will i get an alert for every round? because i dont really want one
I'm pretty sure you will have this thread watched.

GL everyone; I didn't get through the qualifiers but I will have fun hearing your troubles on irc! :D

[21:52:04] <&Mekkah> fuck route 29
[21:52:05] <&Mekkah> in the ass
[21:52:09] <&Mekkah> i found rattata
[21:52:12] <&Mekkah> i found like 6 pidgeys
[21:52:13] <&Mekkah> i found 0 sentret
[21:52:19] <&Mekkah> and ive been walking back and forth
[21:52:33] <&Mekkah> 7
[21:52:49] <&Mekkah> 8
[21:53:10] <&Mekkah> 9
[21:53:12] <+Nexus> lol
[21:53:47] <&Mekkah> 10
[21:54:06] <&Mekkah> 11
[21:54:23] <&Mekkah> 12
[21:54:41] <&Mekkah> 13
[21:54:57] <&Mekkah> 14
[21:55:17] <&Mekkah> 154
[21:55:36] <&Mekkah> 16
[21:55:36] <&Mekkah> fucking
[21:55:37] <&Mekkah> pidgeys
[21:55:40] <&Mekkah> before i found a sentret
[21:56:18] <&Mekkah> sentrets are 40%
[21:56:20] <&Mekkah> pidgeys are 50%
[21:56:47] <+Nexus> hahaha
[21:58:36] * &Solace has quit IRC (Quit: l8r)
[22:00:01] <+Celever> lmao
[22:00:42] <%DHR> xD
[22:02:00] <&Mekkah> next route
[22:02:04] <&Mekkah> i just want to catch 1 thing i dont have yet
[22:02:06] <&Mekkah> first encounter: pidgey

Is it possible to make the Togepi egg hatch? I already made 3 runs and it never hatched, after the last one I walked for 5 extra minutes to get Togepi

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I managed to get Togepi to hatch in the run I did last night, although it was within the last 10 minutes. So it's possible, but you need to keep moving through the run to make sure walk enough steps.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I managed to get Togepi to hatch in the run I did last night, although it was within the last 10 minutes. So it's possible, but you need to keep moving through the run to make sure walk enough steps.
Yeah I got the egg to hatch with literally minutes to spare... It's close depending how dedicated you are to get that 1 thing to hatch over battling/finding other mons :|

I'm happy we get to play Crystal for this challenge. It is by far my favourite gen of Pokémon, I've been playing it my entire life, over and over hahaha but don't worry I never tried to catch them all so I really don't know the locations of most of the wild pokémon :P

Hm, ended up a bit behind my original aim, albeit only because I realized certain Pokemon end up being too time consuming to go for.

Oh well

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Wyverii topping the leaderboard AS USUAL...... Don't worry, I'll beat him by using Mekkah ProStrats (TM)

I think I'm going to have to drop out of this contest. You guys are hardcore (basically the winning times from last round were on pace with the WR) and I'll be busy with school. Maybe you could let coolking49 back in.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
Sad news, but I won't be letting anyone back into the contest. Less competition for everyone else though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)