YJiang's Smogon Smorgasboard Tourney -signups-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you can safely use Whiscash. Without fear! And yes, this has been approved by Justin.

Introducing... the first tournament where you can use your favorite Pokemon and form a competitive team against others. There are just a few details, listed below. But first, some introductory material, shamelessly copied from me in my other thread in Evergrande City. Self-plagiarism is so useful. People who want to skip the read could just scroll on down to the "Details" section. But you'd miss my annoying writing style!

Some Background Information

So since me and my friends are getting a bit bored with just standard Ubers/OU/UU/CC (well just one of my friends plays NB), we decided to switch it up a bit. First we did theme teams, such as "Would be delicious" or "Would be found in the Wonka candy factory", but that got old fast since potentially, you could see a Groudon on an African safari. And maybe dragon meat and steel are palatable to some people.

Which is why we've (the two of us, really) have decided to play with the following rules, listed below.

With this kind of restriction, now people can use kickass pokemon like Wailord and Rapidash without fear of being Zapdos'd or Suicune'd, unless their OU pokemon actually is Zapdos or Suicune. But let's not worry. I suppose it'd be a fun way to incorporate "favorite" and otherwise unseen pokemon into some fun teams.

Details

The purpose of this tournament is so safely allow otherwise infrequently seen Pokemon into a competitive tournament. As such, there will be restrictions on the Pokemon.

1. Pokemon restriction: Teams must have* 1OU, 2BL, 2UU and 1 NU Pokemon.

1*. Tier switching: It is possible to substitute a Pokemon in a higher tier for one in a lower tier. Thus, you could replace a Breloom with a Wigglytuff, but not the otherway around.

2. OU Pokemon restrictions: As some OU Pokemon would be pretty much broken in this metagame, the following OU Pokemon are banned: Celebi, Metagross, Jirachi, Raikou, Snolax, TTar.

3. Clauses: Standard Clauses*:

Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
Species Clause
Self-KO Clause
Battle Timeout

3*. Additional Clauses: Evansion and OHKO are banned. Smogon mod or no mod (no XD, etc.) Feel free to Spore away to your heart's content, though :). No Level Balance.

3**. Banned Items: Brightpowder, Quick Claw, Scope Lens, Lucky Punch, Stick (never been in a tournament with those items banned before eh :))

4. Prevolutions: Pikachu and Trapinch are considered UU. Chansey, Haunter (I'll get some flak for this) and Kadabra are BL.

4*. Other Prevolutions: All UU.

Due to the amount of interest this tourney has gathered, I am expanding this to sixty-four people. Good news for people who want in, bad news for people who have byes :(

Please list your NB screenname below:

1. YJiang
2. Ugly_Duckling
3. DekarTKB
4. t3h_l337_n3wb (thanks for tourney name, by the way :))
5. Ace777
6. Judgement
7. Excellus
8. PM
9. Floppy
10. Ae Sakura
11. JabbatheGrifffin
12. zerowing
13. Hipno*
14. Cynosure
15. OmegaDonut
16. jrrrrrrr
17. Aeroblacktyl+
18. rambo_verm
19. TorkoalKiller
20. aragornbird+
21. Jackal
22. Surgo
23. krusch
24. GreenPikachu
25. Groudon80
26. Nowen
27. Darkbolt
28. Lesm46
29. Warthog
30. Dan Dan
31. Siphai
32. clocker1
33. SuperCoolman
34. Alper
35. SirSpanky
36. [GW]Slowpoke
37. Peter_pan
38. Sk
39. Mystica
40. Mizuno
41. Ghost_chill
42. Sparda17
43. Giga punch
44. Bologo
45. CaptKirby
46. husk1442
47. 3N3MY
48. Mekkah
49. Sir Chris
50. stl8008
51. theamericandream38
52. gdpt
53. Asuka
54. rekt (there is sleep clause. Read the rules!)
55. Bit
56. wraith
57. Mr. Italian Guy
58. Pilocus
59. Dystrodactyl
60. Stalling
61. Okashi
62. thecrazylazy guy
63. Tazzler
64. Pillowrath

Additional Information:

I will check this thread at least once daily. For each round, I will post a new thread (such as ro48 Brackets, ro32 Brackets, ro16 Brackets, ro8 Brackets, Quarters, Semis, Finals, and Tribute to the Winner). I will keep this thread edited, with recent changes pointed out at the bottom.

Recent Changes:

Jirachi is now banned.
Suicune is now banned (I had him banned originally. I swear!)
I'm going to bed. Will check back tomorrow morning!
I guess Suicune isn't banned, due to popular opinion. I just figured it was kind of like an overpowered CM/phazer. >_>
Cleared up some prevolution business.
I might be getting rid of byes and expanding this to sixty-four if enough people show interest.

Good luck!

I suppose Jirachi could be banned. I don't think he's as bad as Snorlax or Celebi, though. Could be just me. I suppose it'll be banned.

I agree. I think I banned Suicune in the original thread. I'll change that too.

Last post before tomorrow. I'll update then.

Get your bye-reservations in!

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I was gonna join and use cerobi, but then I realised it was banned, but I will join anyway.

Have a nice day.

i guess i'm in as it is gimmicky

also why not just do 32 ppl to make it fair the whole way around and simply, logical...48 ppl is a lot more to manage especially if you're new to hosting/smogon in general =x

also whats the defense on randomly banning suicune? thats pretty much stupid imo if you just single out pokes you dont like...you know poliwrath and quagsire are uu as well as lapras as bl and mantine as nu..all to wall suicune...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)