your favorite thing to do when tired/depressed/etc.?

I'm not depressed right now, but i'm extremely tired and bored right now. i don't know exactly why, but i've been looking for new things that really get you feeling good when you have feelings of lonliness, depression, boredom, tiredness, etc.?

Right now, I have been trying to use music and its worked very well. I've become pretty inspired by rap and hip-hop and really like making my own with friends. And i don't mean freestyling rapping like some kids like to do, i just mean writing our thoughts and feelings down in hiphop/rap form and critiquing and helping each other until we all make something we are proud of. i've made 3 or 4 i really like so far and it's really lifted my mood considerably. but i think it is only a start, and would like to know if there other things i could start doing to help me out.

so any suggestions of what relieves you, stories, and other things you want to tell or talk about? it could definitely help a lot of people who are feeling some of the things i mentioned in the opening paragraph.

as a sidenote, feel free to mention drugs and alcohol but i am not going to use them to try and free myself. i dont want a dependance on anything like that to get rid of bad feelings, i feel they should be used when already feeling good, but that is an different discussion entirely. so mention them just incase someone else may want to use them, but please note that i will not.

1.listen to music
2.be with friends
3.go to the bathroom
4.sleep
5.eat
6.walk around your room
7.play any game, even a childish one
8.go bother someone
9.run like an idiot in your room

Well as far and drugs and alcohol go, I usually never do them alone so they wouldn't fall under the category of answers your looking for.

Needless to say I deal with boredom and tiredness in a multitude of ways.

Music, Videogames, movies, and the like are the main thing I use to keep the boredom away. However if I'm really tired it's usually just music, I listen to music and sometimes write, never lyrics because they usually come out sounding too close to what i'm listening to, but just about anything really. Otherwise I'll pick up a book and read. I'm not sure about your situation or how long you've been bored but I usually seek out other people to get rid of my boredom. If i'm really bored i'll just look for any excuse to leave the house, or have people come over.

1.listen to music
2.be with friends
3.go to the bathroom
4.sleep
5.eat
are you suggesting these as regular things, or do you sleep and eat differently like create a fun diet for yourself, or just take naps throughout the day. and for the bathroom, do you mean just sitting in there and reading/listening to music/etc. or just actually using the bathroom?

6.walk around your room
7.play any game, even a childish one
any suggestions for a game that you like to play? I do like to play solitaire and obviously video games, but if you have any ones that you find really help, please share.

8.go bother someone
9.run like an idiot in your room
my room isn't big enough for that unfortunately (although i do it throughout my entire house sometimes =]), and i don't think i like number 8, it just seems like a way to become more hated or lonely.

thanks for the suggestions, if you could reply back to some of my questions, it would be great.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Taking a shower / bath
Playing with siblings
Exercising
Meditate
Give someone a hug
Draw
Hang out with friends
talk to someone about why you are feeling depressed (at first you may feel more depressed but getting it out helps)

I'm prone to little streaks of depression so I've found a few things... operating on the assumption you're looking more for responses of things you can do with yourself, since other people tend to help a lot with this sort of thing, at least for me.

I definitely agree witht he music thing, although in my own case I usually extend it to "music I can sing along to." I am keenly aware I have zero aptitute with singing, but something about it kind of lifts of my spirits, usually. I often pick cheesier music than I would normally listen to on my own(stuff like Come on Eileen)... I play Rock Band solo with just the vocals sometimes in that sort of situation too, although it's soundtrack is mostly not what I'm looking for(although I guess you can import Don't Stop Believing. Yeah!).

I own the boxsets(though I'm sure they'd be easy to pirate) of several cartoons and other such tv shows of minimal seriousness. I have all four seasons of Futurama, most of the Pokemon anime, some random stuff like the Super Mario Bros Super Show(I should probably get some stuff with actual people in it but this stuff works better for the mood, i find), etc. The stuff that would work best for you depends on your sense of humor and history, obviously, but I normally find it to be uplifting to have a show I remember(and probably have memorized...) and can laugh with and kind of wax nostalgia with. This is a big one for me, especially since even when I'm being a good boy and buying legally boxsets are really cheap most of the time.

It's a short term solution but stuff with the word "favorite" in it works for me too. Play my favorite RPG, read my favorite book, drink my favorite soda, whatever.

This is probably the English minor in me talking but writing is a big thing for me in these situations, I find it to be a pretty good way to organize my thoughts and figure things out, it's often kind of... therapeutic.

I'll probably think of more later, drawing blanks for some reason...

It wasn't exactly depression, but I watched all the Pokemon movies in the month or so before my finals. Good way to destress.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
I've been gradually watching Law & Order from the start when I'm bored. It starts to get good around the middle of the second season.

Sleeping isn't a bad choice either.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
First off, it's silly, but I generally just kind of bask in depression and don't try and get out of it. Instead of listening to music that makes me feel better, I'll listen to something that reflects the way I feel. However, when I do manage to work on it, I'll generally watch TV, call up friends, or do something outside. Running, biking, and playing basketball almost always help bring my mood up.

bother a neighbor actually hate, or a brother, mom, cousin, anyone, or just bother a friend in a friendly way, playing with him.

a childish game like....jumping the rope, or lemon, or the plane...

i mean take a nap and wait untill you want to do something

also for eating, eating makes me happy, specially a subway, but IM NOT FAT!!!!so dont even say it, and going to the bathroom to poop(is there another name to say it??)if you don't want to, just stay in there, or just eat papaya or something that make you want to go.

and run like an idiot all around the house if you can't it will make you tired, then take a shower and sleep, perfect, do everything and you'll be so happy the next day. xD

1. Ride my bike
2. Play on the PS3, or any other console
3. Play a board game with siblings
4. Watch TV
5. Draw
6. Eat
7. Take a nap
8. Go on a chatroom and chat

When I'm bored I just go to bed.

Or when it's to early, I just type in random things on Google, hoping I'll find something nice. ^^

If I'm ever depressed, I will always try and find something to take my mind off my current thoughts, and if I am unable to do that, I share with my friends what my problems are, they are usually great at cheering me up.

But generally, I will watch more anime, listen to music when I am depressed.

Well right now, it would be putting a brick through my neighbor's window. I just found out the reason why my two favorite cats have been missing for a month. Apparently my neighbor has decided there are too many stray cats, and started to set traps with wet food and send the cats to the animal shelter. Including MY cats.

You could always study. And by that I mean something that you're interested in or something that will just get your mind off of things. As in maybe philsophy, rhetoric, religion, so on and so forth

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
I usually find a topic that interests me and study. I think or write or play something competetive. I sometimes will go on long walks in order to sort of flush it out of my system. It is great excersise and it makes me feel better. I will also read comics, the funny ones, I have read several thousand farside, garfield, or cathy (Yeah I know it is lame but heck it takes my mind off what I am depressed about). I also read when I am bored. It is amazing how many things you can learn by just reading the encyclopedia for three hours straight. Another fun one is to read the dictionary and no I am not being facietous. Just effervescent.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Listen to angry music.
Stare at the wall/anything in disappointment and rage.
Not talk to anyone
Punch my hand
(this is when I'm pissed off/depressed)

When I'm bored:
Music
Video games
MSN/telephone people
forums (lmao)
look up sports statistics.

Things to do when bored:
videogames
listen to metal
go outside and run around
youtube
swimming

Yeah, that's pretty much it for me...

When tired:
Sleep
Take a shower
Watch TV

When depressed:
Skate
Skate
Skate
Skate

When Bored:
Skate
Skate
Skate
Skate
Play Videogames

I'd recommend exercise, it's a good natural high and you can give yourself something to work towards like running longer or faster or lifting heavier weights. There's also visible benefits to your fitness after a while.

I wouldn't sleep though, personally it just makes me feel more lethargic and feels worse when you're not doing something productive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)