Your First 100s

lol I actually fished up a lv. 99 Magikarp in Resort Area. It took forever to catch since I didn't want to accidentally kill it. I don't think I ever evolved it though.
Just use a Quick Ball (always catches them IIRC) and level it up with a Rare Candy that you can steal from the trainer's Blissey in the Pokémon Mansion.

Just use a Quick Ball (always catches them IIRC) and level it up with a Rare Candy that you can steal from the trainer's Blissey in the Pokémon Mansion.
I didn't have Quick Balls at that time or knew what they were.

(lol how did I even catch Dialga and Palkia in that game)

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Feraligatr in Pokemon Crystal. Feraligatr is my favorite Pokemon,and I had gotten the Pokerus at level 98, so it was extra special.
Then I had Samurott,Garchomp,Flygon,Krookodile,Kyu-W,Mamoswine, and Leafeon. And Wigglytuff. And tehn I hacked rare candies in blue to get Kabutops, Ninetales, Dragonite, Nidoking and some other mon.

I can still remember my Typhlosion, FireVulca (because the damn character limit), level 100 grinding throughthat silver's E4, coz i didnt know how to fix the power plant, so all i had was E4.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
I've never had a 100

My closest was Feraligatr in Crystal (first game)

I didn't know how to get past cerulean city (the thing hidden in the gym), so I just walked around or something, idk. Then feraligatr was level 98 and I was pretty much halfway through the game.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My first level 100 was a Muk in Blue version. I had caught a Muk through the MissingNo glitch and it was at some stupid high level, and I wanted to get it to 1000 HP because little kid me thought it would be cool. So I kept feeding it Rare Candies and was saddened when that level 255 Muk rolled back to 0. I just fed it 100 more and suddenly, my first 100.

I've never had a 100

My closest was Feraligatr in Crystal (first game)

I didn't know how to get past cerulean city (the thing hidden in the gym), so I just walked around or something, idk. Then feraligatr was level 98 and I was pretty much halfway through the game.

Now i'm an adult and i always remember this part of the game, thinking "how a kid was supposed to find that hidden item in the fkin gym??? Cmon, i was 9 years old at that time!"

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Feraligatr in Crystal was my first and Blaziken in Ruby was my second.

That reminds me...my Suicune in Crystal is Level 98. I should probably go solo the E4 with it a few dozen more times lol.

My first level 100 was all the way back in Pokemon Yellow, the starter Pikachu. I've always loved electric types and until Luxray came along my favorite was Raichu. I attribute this to the fact that Pikachu in Yellow can't evolve and that was the game I had, so Raichu was like this unattainable awesome beast that I wished I could get. To compensate for being unable to get a Raichu, though, I went through and completely overleveled my Pikachu so it'd be just as good. Then I got Gold, had my Gameboy stolen (thankfully my Yellow cart wasn't in it, although my Gold cart was so that went bye bye), and now my Yellow cart doesn't work so my Pikachu is long gone. Sad day.

Past that Pikachu, I don't usually get Pokemon to level 100. I like to play through the Elite 4 and I hate just walking through them, so I try to keep my team around the 65-70 range. Usually a few in the lower end and a few in the higher end. With that said, I do have one level 100 in X with another on the way. The one that's at level 100 is my Mewtwo. I used it for leveling my second team, so it got to level 100 pretty quick. The other one that's on its way is my Talonflame. It's my helper for breeding, doing all the flying and it has flame body to help hatch eggs. When I'm off catching stuff or EV training a Pokemon, I typically have Talonflame with me so at this point it's up to level 80ish and will continue to rise. I don't intend to retire it any time soon so it'll get there. xD

Last edited:
First level 100 was either a Golbat or Alakazam, forget which I found first with the old Missingno. glitch. Fun fact: Gen 1 Level 100 Golbat had both Supersonic and Confuse Ray....

Never had the patience to get a legit level 100. Closest I got was a level 82 Nidoking in Crystal. Mostly because I discovered Ice Punch Nidoking pretty much solos the E4, then proceeded to use him to EXP Share the rest of my team.

Never attempted to purposefully grind a Poke to lvl 100. My lack of God, it would be so tedious. Ain't got the patience.

But my starter Greninja from Y has now reached the sacred level cap. By being the defender of the weak and helping my newlybred Pokémon to achieve level 50 it has earned its place amongst the maxleveled.

The other day my Talonflame, the first Poke I caught in Y, also got to 100. Mainly because I use it to hatch eggs. It's the only thing it's good for, considering its IVs in atk and speed are zero.

My first level 100 pokemon ever was a Swampert I had in my Sapphire version. My cousin got salty after a battle one day and released him when I wasn't looking so I no longer have him, sadly.

First level 100 was mewtwo in my yellow version. Ahh, the good times me and him (it?) shared sweeping through the E4 about 15 times lol.

My favorite Pokemon from this generation is Goodra. He's probably the best member of the team I beat the game with and I often find myself using him while leveling competitive Pokemon up. Sure enough, he was my first Pokemon to reach level 100.

My first 100 was milotic... I think it was in White... around the time i got into competitive battling... (my first team was terrible... lol)

DeBlois

Banned deucer.
My first 100 was Kadabra in Pokemon Red. This was before the internet and I had no idea how he evolved, but I really wanted an Alakazam! Needless to say it didn't work. Then I picked up my Pokemon Red years later and the file had deleted itself, so I never got my chance to make him evolve. I'm sorry if this made you guys cry.. I'm sure this is one of the saddest stories you've ever heard :'(

Sorry if a 10-day-old thread is too old to post in. My first level 100 was my starter from my first game ever, Emerald, a Swampert that I named "FRIEND." Next up after that was my Rayquaza from the same game.

i think it may have been torterra on platinum back around 09-10. but my first one hunnet that i still have to this day is another torterra on platinum also. now on this platinum file i have so many dozens of lv100s probably like 4 boxes full all legit (i actually have real hobbies believe it or not)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
i think it may have been torterra on platinum back around 09-10. but my first one hunnet that i still have to this day is another torterra on platinum also. now on this platinum file i have so many dozens of lv100s probably like 4 boxes full all legit (i actually have real hobbies believe it or not)
Look at the post above you. He asked "is a 10 day old thread too old to post in?" That post was two years and three and a half months ago. Not quite 1000 days, but getting there. It's not wrong to bump an old thread if you feel like you have something of substance to contribute to it, but it's not something you're supposed to do often.

Also, use proper grammar and capitalization. That's one of Smogon's global rules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)