Your First 100s

Well, here's a little story: I was playing Pokemon Black for the first time, and I didn't/couldn't use the internet to look up any aspect of the game. That being said, I got the Larvesta egg from an NPC, and hatched Larvesta. I had no idea what Larvesta would evolve into, so I slapped an EXP share onto it and basically forgot about it for the rest of my playthrough. I took that little Larvesta all the way to the E4, and by then it was a pretty high level (from the exp share) and I had given up trying to make it evolve. (I had tried fire stones, friendship, etc.) So I dumped it in the PC and replaced it with a stronger 'mon to help me beat the E4. Thing is, I was pretty terrible at the game back then, and I struggled for a long time with the Elite Four. In frustration, I took my Larvesta out of my PC and basically just grinded it up to just a few levels below that fabled Lvl. 59.
I decided to go up against the E4 once more, but this time with my Larvesta, (which was a higher level than anything else I had, but still pretty bad, considering the base stats), and I got surprisingly lucky against Caitlyn, and Larvesta evolved into Volcarona. You have to remember, at this point I thought that Larvesta was just a weird evolutionary-less 'mon who's niche was its unique typing, so when it evolved into this amazing fire moth, it was the most glorious feeling. I beat the Elite Four, and consecutively, N with my Volcarona, and afterwards I basically only used Volc. Volcarona was the first Pokemon I ever got to level 100, and is also one of my favourite Pokemon today.

Side Note: I remember finding the wild Volcarona in Relic Castle, and taking enormous joy in the fact that my Volcarona was many levels higher and was able to easily 1v1 the wild Volcarona.

When I was like 12 I made it my goal to raise my Flygon, Jet, to level 100. It took a really long time of non-stop grinding, but I finally managed. I still have it, I traded it over to my new main-save to cherish it forever (and also make baby trapinches uwu)

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Squirt, my original starter from Pokémon Red.
I traded it to Crystal for the Battle Tower and it knew Ice Punch, Blizzard, Hydro Pump, and Surf.

It carried me Gen 1, and put up a Fight vs the Level 100s of the Battle Tower. That was how impactful it was- from beginning to post endgame of a follow up Generation 3rd version in the highest competitive scene - vs fellow 100s.

Now that, is picking your starter right!
No wonder Squirtle is used for Speed runs, and kept for post-game content.

It is the first level 100 that didn’t get the Cinnabar Island Rare Candy treatment. It is an actual Level 100 Grind, using nothing but the original short supply of rare candies and experience for battling the Kanto Elite 4.

Nothing like an original, through and through.

I want to say my first 100 was Zoroark. I believe that was due to me doing Black Tower in B2 postgame. Memory is hazy but if I recall right it was my first level 100.

My first level 100 was my Venusaur in my first playthrough of Pokemon Blue. Probably in like 1997. I remember it taking so long to get, but then I read about the item dupe glitch online and glitched a bunch of rare candies lol. I was able to max out the rest of my Pokemon after that.

Charizard in Pokémon LeafGreen. Did endless grinding against two Pokémon Rangers on Canyon Entrance. Thank the gods for VS Seeker. Because I was not yet into competitive battling back then, my Charizard had 4 Fire moves so PP issues were not a problem to me. I initially did Elite Four rematches but I ditched it because had to watch the whole unskippable credits scene every time after beating them.

Pokemon Rangers.JPG

My first Level 100 was my Scyther in Pokemon Silver.
(It wasn't good enough to win the Bug-Catching contest, but it was good enough to solo most of the game!)
I remember being really annoyed that it still wasn't good enough to catch that Level 70 Ho-Oh, though!

My First level 100 was and is Altaria names ATARI. I bring it with me on all my adventures in post game and eventually it became level 100. its still in my Pokemon White and idk if i want to bring it to the newer games
Spr_3e_334.png

Altaria is one of my favourite Pokemon, very nice! I had one in my team in Emerald and Colosseum. My Altaria in Emerald was my first EV trained Pokemon ever. Adamant Dragon Dancer. Earthquake, Aerial Ace, Dragon Dance and Rest. :)

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I think it might have been in B2W2 for the Challenge Medals that require using a team made-up of a certain Type. I planned teams (mostly dual-types), raised them to 100 (thank you Nurses and your Blisseys in White Treehollow), and got to work. The first team being Fire-type cause if I was gonna raise my Pokemon to Level 100 my Starter, Emboar, was going to be the first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)