YOUR Mega Item

Those are all good items (though personally speaking shoes might be a bit weird). I think the reason we chose "heroic" items is that well, it's Pokemon. If Steven can have a Mega Stickpin (like really, wtf) then why can't I have a sword, or a helmet? But plenty of people have chosen normal items too, like Oriolus' headphones
Yeah I get that you would like to think big since it's Pokémon, it's just that I imagine how I would like to walk around should the Pokémon world exist, and I think I would find it highly unpractical to walk around with a sword all day just to Mega evolve my Pokémon :p. And as far as the shoes go, I was thinking of those shoes that light up when you walk around in them, it might be fun to have a mega stone in there :D

What about BW2 Cheren having a Mega Tieclip?

Really fun thread :D I notice that loads of you choose very heroic items; though I think I would prefer something that I would be wearing normally, so as a guy, I think my only options would be Mega Watch, Belt, or perhaps Shoes?
Well, if you're going to save the world from an evil villainous organisation usually set on destroying civilisation/the planet, catch multiple mythical legends that the NPCs worship as their Gods and become the new Champion (and also an idol), you might as well look fancy or even over-the-top epic in the process, don't you think? ;)

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Honestly not sure how close this comes to wishlisting but I can imagine a world of comp. Pokemon riding where the true pros have Mega Saddles/Spurs/etc to activate even faster mons like Char X/Y, etc

Honestly not sure how close this comes to wishlisting but I can imagine a world of comp. Pokemon riding where the true pros have Mega Saddles/Spurs/etc to activate even faster mons like Char X/Y, etc
One of the other guys in the thread beat ya to that. X3 Can't find the post atm because mobile though.

Probably carved into the place you hold on this:
solingen-500-8-celik-tirnak-torpusu-x.jpg

Imagine how disrespectful and uninterested you'd look after pressing the Key Stone with the side of your finger while rasping your nails.

You: "Uh, okay then. I'm leaving the rest to you, Metagross." *blows gently on nails to get rid of the dust*

Metagross: *nods*

Last edited:
I'd go for the Mega Watch, honestly. However, I'll give my own two cents here and suggest the Mega Spark Plug. My grandpa made me a necklace with a spark plug attached to it- He and I both love cars- and depending on how big a Key Stone may be, it might fit in the spark plug. Maybe not, but Mega Evolving my Gallade with my grandpa's spark plug makes me feel happy inside.

I'd go for the Mega Watch, honestly. However, I'll give my own two cents here and suggest the Mega Spark Plug. My grandpa made me a necklace with a spark plug attached to it- He and I both love cars- and depending on how big a Key Stone may be, it might fit in the spark plug. Maybe not, but Mega Evolving my Gallade with my grandpa's spark plug makes me feel happy inside.
Steven's Mega Stickpin is the smallest Key Stone we've seen. I'm sure we can make it fit in a spark plug. :P

Has anyone thrown a Mega Cufflink out there? I can imagine a very tasteful dress shirt that's dyed to put your focus on the sleeve with the Keystone on it.

First post has my bet because Mega Headphones sound awesome! Mega Pocketwatch sounds classy af too. Korrina's Mega Glove is cool because I'd like to think activating it would mean clapping your hands together like the alchemists do in FMA. Lysandre's Mega Ring gets a special mention because I'd like to fistbump my Pokemon before they Mega Evolve.

Now, I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but I think a Mega Dowsing Pendulum would be pretty sweet in reference to Lyserg from Shaman King. Of course, it would only look cool if you could manipulate it the way he does with his Guardian Ghost, Chloe. Still, hypothetically, if you COULD control it the way he does, the Pendulum would then make a design in the air corresponding to each Mega Pokemon differently to activate them.

I'll throw a Mega Badge/Medal into the mix of ideas too. That might be more fitting for the police officers, though my proposed way of activating it is to smack it. Ideally, I'd have it on my chest and hit it with a closed fist then throw a peace sign after for coolness points, though I guess it'd be up to the user's preference as to how they'd want to activate it.

STILL THOUGH. Mega Headphones. Like wow. I'd love a pair.

SCENARIO: I'd just be chillin at the park or something, then a group of thugs come by and wanna get rowdy.

Keep cool, calm, and collected.

I'd grab a Pokeball from my belt and summon Medicham, then go through my PokeNav and start playing World's End Rhapsody by Nujabes

*closes eyes and takes a deep breath*

I make eye contact.

"Let's dance, kids."

-bumps side of headphones and watch the sparks fly-

I realize that this is pokemon but a mega pistol would be pretty cool.

The Mega stone would be in the area where on old guns have engraving and plates. On the right side would be the mega stone because im right handed and don't want pokemon to mega-evolve in there pokeballs. That could get awkward. To actually mega evolve you would fire the pistol in the air, or at your mon, to activate the stone.

If guns arn't allowed then probably the Monocle.

To be fair, if you had a gun, you probably don't need to Mega Evolve your Pokémon for self-defence.
There are Pokémon who bullets won't do anything to them. I doubt a handgun would even scratch a Steelix. And then there is Chesnaught who has Bulletproof as an ability (and I double checked, the name is also Bulletproof in Japan).

Last edited:
Still, Pokémon has quite the duality going on with the whole "But they are our friends!"-kind of plots. It gives them a pacifistic vibe, unless you realize that little detail touched upon in BW where people notice the possible harm inflicted upon the Pokemon if you let them battle until they faint.
Of course, there are a lot of theories about it, but the questions remain. Are the humans in the Pokemon world considering themselves superior to Pokemon? They are commanding them, but still talk about them like they are friends? How can you have a true (equal level of functioning, especially in regards to independence) friendship with someone or something you command? Don't Pokemon just have Stockholm Syndrome?

But I'm getting off-topic. I wanted to say that even if you have a gun, it could still be used for other purposes than shooting and killing. There's aesthetic purposes like that of those Steampunk kind of guns (though it doesn't have the same impact and you might seem like a poser). You can also put the design of the gun to another purpose. Like... you can collect Nuggets in them and fire them gently into the air, so the Nuggets come falling down and are scattered in the crowds where kids can chase them and pick them up and admire your NuggetGun in awe of all its magnificence.

Seriously though, the only thing that can top a mega contact lens is what the miners have on their helmets. You know, something like a flashlight that gives them some light to see what they're doing. You'd need both of your hands to ward off the Zubats in caves so it would be convenient too.

I don't know what they're called but it would be cool if you could trigger the mega evolution by literally shining your light on your pokémon.

Last edited:
I honestly think mega contacts aren't that hard to top. I mean, it doesn't make sense in the first place. Where's the key stone? The only way to get that into a contact is by pulverizing the key stone and melting it in the desired shape of the contacts. But even then it would still have to be tested. I have worn soft contacts IRL for about 7 years, and they still managed to damage my eyes. I don't recommend.

Really digging the cave explorer mega-helmet though. No pun intended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)