YOUR Mega Item

Mega Choker. Number 1, it sounds funny. Number 2, it could resemble a cat collar where the Keystone dangles like a bell. Number 3, I'm the pg-16 type.

Or, steal N's Menger Sponge and cut the inner corners to house a keystone, so you get a Mega Menger Sponge.

Yeah, it's usually a metal clip that you put in your hair to keep it to the side. I thought it was spelled "berette" but when I looked it up... something very different came up. If it was a mega item, it would have the stone in the middle.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Yeah, it's usually a metal clip that you put in your hair to keep it to the side. I thought it was spelled "berette" but when I looked it up... something very different came up. If it was a mega item, it would have the stone in the middle.
I think you mean beret.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Mega Choker. Number 1, it sounds funny. Number 2, it could resemble a cat collar where the Keystone dangles like a bell. Number 3, I'm the pg-16 type.

Or, steal N's Menger Sponge and cut the inner corners to house a keystone, so you get a Mega Menger Sponge.
FUN FACT: First time I heard of a Choker was actually in the Pokemon anime when Zoey helped Dawn with her's in her first Pokemon Contest (it was also Zoey's debut episode). Which is now funny in hindsight because according to wikipedia during the depression era lesbians would wear black chokers or ribbons to signify so to other lesbians. Now what does Dawn's choker look like:

A black choker with a ribbon. Even when the writer weren't trying to build up the les yay between those two they still do accidentally!

Anyway Mega Menger Sponge would probably be what N's Mega Item would be. :P Would actually be a neat way to hide it, at first you don't think N has a Key Stone but during his final battle he lifts up his Menger Cube to reveal his Key Stone is inside it! Though I'm guessing that won't be for a long while, if many people think a Gen IV remake sounds odd a Gen V remake sounds even odder (though with the worlds now in 3D they technically have an excuse to make them now).

I think you might have been two letters off, did you mean a barrette?

I think you mean beret.
Berets? Maybe when they make a Pokemon region based on France... wait a minute...

Actually, where were berets as a hat option? The only people wearing berets is the Trainer Class that's not suppose to even be from Kalos, the young female tourist:

(There looks to be a odd smudge on her face... oh wait, that's her nose isn't it? Does it kind of look out of place?)

HelenTheHero means a Mega Barrette. Like a large, flat, bejeweled hairclip.

If you can imagine Steven's Mega Stickpin holding your hair in place, that's more the route she was trying to take.

Last edited:

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Something with an Apollonian Gasket on it. I can like put more than one key stone in there or whatever and it would look really dope. Maybe like a cuff with a metal Apollonian gasket? idk

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Something with an Apollonian Gasket on it. I can like put more than one key stone in there or whatever and it would look really dope. Maybe like a cuff with a metal Apollonian gasket? idk
Well if N can have a Merge Sponge I can't see why you can't have just a charm that's an Apollonian Gasket. Though with that said now I wondered if maybe Anthea and Concordia shouldn't have their own mathematical symbol. Like N has the Merger Sponge cube, Concordia could have a Apollonian Gasket sphere, and Anthea could have a Sierpinski Tetrahedron pyramid.

Well if N can have a Merge Sponge I can't see why you can't have just a charm that's an Apollonian Gasket. Though with that said now I wondered if maybe Anthea and Concordia shouldn't have their own mathematical symbol. Like N has the Merger Sponge cube, Concordia could have a Apollonian Gasket sphere, and Anthea could have a Sierpinski Tetrahedron pyramid.
...The blazes do any of these mean?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
...The blazes do any of these mean?
Gather around kiddies, time for math! *Everyone runs away screaming*... I'm going on explaining anyway:

N has a cube hanging off his pants:

(I don't see the strings connecting the chain pieces, how is it not falling apart?)

As you can see the cube looks like a Rubik's Cube with the center piece missing. Now it's known N likes math (nerd) so the cube could be one of two things (or possibly even both being the nature of of the two things correlate): a Void Cube or a Level 1 Menger Sponge. A Void Cube is as I described it earlier, its a puzzle cube like the Rubik's Cube but it missing the center. A Merger Sponge is where you take a cube, divides all its surface into into 9 squares (like a Rubik's cube), remove the center cubes on each face and the core, and then you do the process all over again and again and so on. It represents the concept of infinite space and zero volume. Here's some images to help you out:

Void Cube:

Menger Sponge (Level 0, Level 1, Level 2):

Eitherway these shapes are examples of a fractal curve. A fractal is a repeating pattern that can be seen on every scale, a fractal curve being what the repeating pattern is called. While the Menger is the most well known fractal curve, there are others. Two of these are the Apollonian Gasket (a fractal curve with circles/spheres) and a Sierpinski Tetrahedron (a fractal curve done with triangles/pyramids):

Apollonian Gasket (flat circles, 3D spheres):

Sierpinski Tetrahedron (flat triangles, 3D pyramid)

I figured Anthea and Concordia could have these other two shapes. I don't now why, maybe as presents from N. He seems socially awkward enough to give odd presents like this.

N: Anthea, Concordia, I want to thank you for serving me so well.
Anthea: There is no need to thank us, King N.
Concordia: It's our responsibility and pleasure to help you the best we can.
N: Even so, as your king and brother I want to give you a gift, consider it birthday presents since no one knows when our birthdays are.
*N gives Anthea a Sierpinski Tetrahedron pyramid and Concordia a Apollonian Gasket sphere*
Anthea: Oh, um, thank you King N...
N: Is something wrong?
Concordia: Um, what are these?
N: *laughs* Why they're fractal curves, like my Menger Cube *lifts up his Menger Cube*. Anthea, you have a Sierpinski Tetrahedron since love is like a spike which can pierce one's heart, be it for good or bad. Concordia, you have an Apollonian Gasket since wisdom is like a neverending circle, always going and passing on.
Anthea: Oh, when you put it that way I guess it makes sense. Thank you, King N.
Concordia: Yes, thank you. We'll always cherish these.
N: Great! Now if you'll excuse me, I made thank you gifts for the Seven Sages as well *goes off carrying oddly shaped objects*
Anthea: *whispers to Concordia* What are we suppose to do with these?
Concordia *whispering back* I have no clue.

Actually to be truthful originally I gave Anthea the Sierpinski Tetrahedron and Concordia the Apollonian Gasket because Anthea with with an "A" (which is triangle shaped) and Concordia starts with a "C" (which is round). Yes, I know, simple thinking, but then I remembered they had different names in Japanese. Anthea is Verbana and Concordia is Helena. While my explanation for Anthea still works it no longer works for Concordia, so I did some research and coincidentally it still makes sense. Verbana grow in dense spike shapes while Helena refers to a species of olive, which are round! So my reasoning still works. Of course in-game that would be kind of a lame reason so I then related the shapes to what "goddesses" they were called as you read above.

So yeah, if they were to receive Key Stones then N would be in his Menger Cube, Anthea in her Sierpinski Tetrahedron, and Concordia in her Apollonian Gasket.

Last edited:
Gather around kiddies, time for math! *Everyone runs away screaming*... I'm going on explaining anyway:

N has a cube hanging off his pants:

(I don't see the strings connecting the chain pieces, how is it not falling apart?)

As you can see the cube looks like a Rubik's Cube with the center piece missing. Now it's known N likes math (nerd) so the cube could be one of two things (or possibly even both being the nature of of the two things correlate): a Void Cube or a Level 1 Menger Sponge. A Void Cube is as I described it earlier, its a puzzle cube like the Rubik's Cube but it missing the center. A Merger Sponge is where you take a cube, divides all its surface into into 9 squares (like a Rubik's cube), remove the center cubes on each face and the core, and then you do the process all over again and again and so on. It represents the concept of infinite space and zero volume. Here's some images to help you out:

Void Cube:

Menger Sponge (Level 0, Level 1, Level 2):

Eitherway these shapes are examples of a fractal curve. A fractal is a repeating pattern that can be seen on every scale, a fractal curve being what the repeating pattern is called. While the Menger is the most well known fractal curve, there are others. Two of these are the Apollonian Gasket (a fractal curve with circles/spheres) and a Sierpinski Tetrahedron (a fractal curve done with triangles/pyramids):

Apollonian Gasket (flat circles, 3D spheres):

Sierpinski Tetrahedron (flat triangles, 3D pyramid)

I figured Anthea and Concordia could have these other two shapes. I don't now why, maybe as presents from N. He seems socially awkward enough to give odd presents like this.

N: Anthea, Concordia, I want to thank you for serving me so well.
Anthea: There is no need to thank us, King N.
Concordia: It's our responsibility and pleasure to help you the best we can.
N: Even so, as your king and brother I want to give you a gift, consider it birthday presents since no one knows when our birthdays are.
*N gives Anthea a Sierpinski Tetrahedron pyramid and Concordia a Apollonian Gasket sphere*
Anthea: Oh, um, thank you King N...
N: Is something wrong?
Concordia: Um, what are these?
N: *laughs* Why they're fractal curves, like my Menger Cube *lifts up his Menger Cube*. Anthea, you have a Sierpinski Tetrahedron since love is like a spike which can pierce one's heart, be it for good or bad. Concordia, you have an Apollonian Gasket since wisdom is like a neverending circle, always going and passing on.
Anthea: Oh, when you put it that way I guess it makes sense. Thank you, King N.
Concordia: Yes, thank you. We'll always cherish these.
N: Great! Now if you'll excuse me, I made thank you gifts for the Seven Sages as well *goes off carrying oddly shaped objects*
Anthea: *whispers to Concordia* What are we suppose to do with these?
Concordia *whispering back* I have no clue.

Actually to be truthful originally I gave Anthea the Sierpinski Tetrahedron and Concordia the Apollonian Gasket because Anthea with with an "A" (which is triangle shaped) and Concordia starts with a "C" (which is round). Yes, I know, simple thinking, but then I remembered they had different names in Japanese. Anthea is Verbana and Concordia is Helena. While my explanation for Anthea still works it no longer works for Concordia, so I did some research and coincidentally it still makes sense. Verbana grow in dense spike shapes while Helena refers to a species of olive, which are round! So my reasoning still works. Of course in-game that would be kind of a lame reason so I then related the shapes to what "goddesses" they were called as you read above.

So yeah, if they were to receive Key Stones then N would be in his Menger Cube, Anthea in her Sierpinski Tetrahedron, and Concordia in her Apollonian Gasket.
Maybe it is my extreme frustration and mental exhaustion from work, but while I recognize the shapes, I can't make sense of the concept... I'll try again when I'm not so bloody pissed.

Meanwhile, I found a new Mega item. Mega Hammer. For when slapping sense into people isn't enough.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Maybe it is my extreme frustration and mental exhaustion from work, but while I recognize the shapes, I can't make sense of the concept... I'll try again when I'm not so bloody pissed.

Meanwhile, I found a new Mega item. Mega Hammer. For when slapping sense into people isn't enough.
Oh, sorry to hear that, hope you feel better.

As for the concepts, it is somewhat hard to figure out what they mean and I ain't making it any easier. I suggest going through Wikipedia's pages on them, that's where I got my info.

If I were to put it in an easy to understand example, I'd compare it to the "half way there" paradox. Basically you're driving from one state to another and come across a sign that says 8 miles (or kilometers if you prefer, it doesn't matter) away. You keep driving and eventually get to a sign that says you're 4 miles away, then you get to a sign that says you're 2 miles away, then one that says you're 1 mile away. Now let's assume that every time you get to the "halfway" point of the previous sign you'll read a sign that tells you you're new distance. So he next sign would be .5 miles, then .25 miles, then .125 miles, then 0.0625, then 0.03125, then 0.015625, then 0.0078125, etc., etc.. Pretty much you'll never reach your distance since you'll always be told you'll have half a distance to go. Now obviously this isn't true as it doesn't add in other factors like the speed you're going. The point is that, conceptually, you'll never reach your destination because you'll always be half way there.
The same idea can be applied here. The idea is that as long as the pattern can be the same at any scale you can keep going as long as you make the pattern smaller and smaller making it seem like there is infinite space to keep going. But like with the above paradox, it doesn't count in other factors, like eventually you're going to get down to the subatomic level and at that level there's nothing to continue the pattern on since you're at the point you're dealing with the smallest thing possible. Also at what point does the human eye stop seeing the pattern? Probably before the subatomic level.

I'd prefer a Mega-Fold Up Chair! I've always wanted to hit someone with a Fold Up Chair! :D (To everyone reading this: Don't lie, I know you want to too.)
Actually I more imagine the Mega Fold Up Chair being someone who sets it up during the battle to relax while their Pokemon is battling. Their opponent thinks they're being lazy, but then they reveal it has a Key Stone somewhere on it and the opponent realize they've been tricked but its too late. :P

If I were to put it in an easy to understand example, I'd compare it to the "half way there" paradox. Basically you're driving from one state to another and come across a sign that says 8 miles (or kilometers if you prefer, it doesn't matter) away. You keep driving and eventually get to a sign that says you're 4 miles away, then you get to a sign that says you're 2 miles away, then one that says you're 1 mile away. Now let's assume that every time you get to the "halfway" point of the previous sign you'll read a sign that tells you you're new distance. So he next sign would be .5 miles, then .25 miles, then .125 miles, then 0.0625, then 0.03125, then 0.015625, then 0.0078125, etc., etc.. Pretty much you'll never reach your distance since you'll always be told you'll have half a distance to go. Now obviously this isn't true as it doesn't add in other factors like the speed you're going. The point is that, conceptually, you'll never reach your destination because you'll always be half way there.
The same idea can be applied here. The idea is that as long as the pattern can be the same at any scale you can keep going as long as you make the pattern smaller and smaller making it seem like there is infinite space to keep going. But like with the above paradox, it doesn't count in other factors, like eventually you're going to get down to the subatomic level and at that level there's nothing to continue the pattern on since you're at the point you're dealing with the smallest thing possible. Also at what point does the human eye stop seeing the pattern? Probably before the subatomic level.
And it ignores the fact that 1/2 + 1/4 +1/8 +1/16. . . equals 1.

As for the concepts, it is somewhat hard to figure out what they mean and I ain't making it any easier. I suggest going through Wikipedia's pages on them, that's where I got my info.

Actually I more imagine the Mega Fold Up Chair being someone who sets it up during the battle to relax while their Pokemon is battling. Their opponent thinks they're being lazy, but then they reveal it has a Key Stone somewhere on it and the opponent realize they've been tricked but its too late. :P

Aaaaah, okay. Putting it in the context of Zeno's paradoxes makes sense. ...that's actually pretty nifty.

Here's another Mega Item in that same vein then. A Mega Golden Ratio. A necklace consisting of a Fibonacci Spiral with a Mega Stone set in the center.

For those who aren't sure, basically take Omanyte's shell. It's a Spiral

A mega tattoo on your arm would be awesome. Just imagine your dragon tattoo glowing as you mega evolve your Charizard. Scars could work in a similar vein maybe.

Maybe a mega gun too. You can pull out a gun and shoot the keystone at the Pokemon you want too mega evolve. May or may not be the most fitting thing for a kids game but who cares.

A mega guitar would be cool too. Having to play the right notes in order to mega evolve would be rather nifty. Also it would be extremely fitting for the guitarist trainer class that is kind of forgotten these days. Other instruments like a saxophone, flute or even a microphone or stereo would be cool too.

Also a mega sombrero to mega evolve Ludicolo, genius.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
And it ignores the fact that 1/2 + 1/4 +1/8 +1/16. . . equals 1.
Technically it equals less than one by a very small margin, which is the point. Since you're always cutting the distance in half, you'll never reach the goal (you'll get EXTREMELY close so it, but you'll never get to it).

Aaaaah, okay. Putting it in the context of Zeno's paradoxes makes sense. ...that's actually pretty nifty.

Here's another Mega Item in that same vein then. A Mega Golden Ratio. A necklace consisting of a Fibonacci Spiral with a Mega Stone set in the center.

For those who aren't sure, basically take Omanyte's shell. It's a Spiral
Yeah, it's exactly like Zeno's Dichotomy paradox.

How about Mega (Golden) Spiral which is the result of the golden ratio and the Fibonacci Spiral? It can be one of the gifts N gives to the Sages. Or it could be Junji Ito's (for those who don't know who that is, he wrote a horror manga called Uzumaki. It's about spirals, and if you want to know anything more well you can read it yourself. But if you do take this *gives a gallon of brain bleach*). :P But anyway let's not get too crazy here. I think kind of patterns is alright but concepts seem a bit confusing on how they'd do it. A Pokemon based on a concept is one thing, but for a simple item where the main focus is suppose to be the Key Stone?

A mega tattoo on your arm would be awesome. Just imagine your dragon tattoo glowing as you mega evolve your Charizard. Scars could work in a similar vein maybe.

Maybe a mega gun too. You can pull out a gun and shoot the keystone at the Pokemon you want too mega evolve. May or may not be the most fitting thing for a kids game but who cares.

A mega guitar would be cool too. Having to play the right notes in order to mega evolve would be rather nifty. Also it would be extremely fitting for the guitarist trainer class that is kind of forgotten these days. Other instruments like a saxophone, flute or even a microphone or stereo would be cool too.

Also a mega sombrero to mega evolve Ludicolo, genius.
Um, where would the Key Stone go in a the tattoo/scar? Would you place it under your skin? That's a bit creepy...

I imagine for a Mega Gun it's more like the Key Stone would be part of the safety or trigger and once activates it fires the mega energy to your Pokemon.

I can already imagine Sidney having one! Too bad he already has a Mega-thing hidden somewhere...

Also, what about a Mega Fold-Up-Bicycle for the triathletes and Grant?
And while I'm talking about Gym leaders and stuff, what about a pair of Mega Scissors for Ramos?
And a Mega-Omelette-Du-Fromage for Siebold?

I also imagine an illusionist Mega Top Hat would be really cool (or the Mega Monocle that has already been mentioned by Viridi). You know top hats sometimes have a ribbon at the base and a flat knot with a detail (usually a feather) on the side? What if instead of a feather it would be a Keystone?
Sort of inspired by Kid Kaito (Detective Conan).

I would happen to use a Mega Wizard / Witch Hat as my Mega item, but the Gaia Orb should be my Key Stone, as a reference to the Peeko from the Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Extreme Randomizer Nuzlocke by TyranitarTube. Always remember to #BelieveinthePeeko.

I know this is really specialized, but I can't help but think of a Mega Stone embedded in the hilt of a firearm holster, or in a badge, which would be used by police who happen to have a Mega Stone, while an officer in the military might have a Mega Stone embedded next to his or her pips. It could also be embedded in the sidearm or, again, the holster.

Going completely off the rails would mean a mega stone embedded in a custom built combadge, or embedded in the hilt of a lightsaber (because Starfleet and Jedi are cool).

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
mega gun, shoot the other trainer and have your pokemon mega evolve just in case they live :o

mega gold tooth, bite down on it like those cyanide teeth nazis used to activate

mega tongue ring (idk)

mega saddle, for mega pokemon you can ride like mence, quaza, etc

mega bazooka, see mega gun

mega grenade, see mega gun

mega rifle, see mega gun

mega corset/ mega chastity belt, tighten the straps to pleasure yourself and mega evolve

mega spurs, see mega saddle

mega yo-yo, you have to walk the dog to mega evolve

mega coin, only activates 50% of the time

mega (insert musical instrument here) play a bangin' solo and the stone will glow

If we ever get gen 5 remakes, I can imagine N wearing an altered version of his crown that holds a mega keystone in the center of it. That would look pretty cool.

Otherwise, my spin on the mega watch would be a mega Garmin. Good for long-distance runs and tearing shit up with pokemon alike. Also more stylish than ordinary watches, but more functional than something like a mega Rolex.

It would be interesting if the Mega Stone could be incorporated into a mask of some sort. There are quite a few possibilities with that, depending on the style of mask used. I suppose it would be harder with a domino mask like what Robin wears, but easier with an elaborate Carnevale-style mask. Imagine one of those Venetian masks with the long noses and the Stone is embedded on the bridge of the nose or the forehead...guess Mega Mask is mine, hehe.

EDIT: Alternatively, you could place it on a helmet of some kind. Mega Helm, anyone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)