Your nicks : Where are they from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My showdown nick, Winry, obviously comes from Fullmetal Alchemist but I picked it because my username on another website was taken on PS and Winry happened to be free. I really have a problem with not having matching PS and forum usernames, haha.

I was originally Ghost Trainer777, mainly because I loved ghost types with an unhealthy addiction, and my brain was sucking at being creative that day. After some time past, I took on the persona of a ghost irl, and i eventually changed to Prince Phantom. Partly because i liked how it was a bit more official-sounding, but mostly because the name was purple and purple is the color of royalty :3

It comes from the song Shades of Cool by Lana Del Rey in which Lana sings "because you are unfixable, I can't break through your world" and I was like: "hey I like that name and this song is amazing so why not". Later I learned she was actually saying invincible, but whatever lol. Also, the song just kinda made me:

Mine originated from the Fire Emblem weapon, but back in 2011, I also came across the anime Yumekui Merry, of which my favorite character in that series also shared my name, so I've taken both references (there's also a Yugioh card named the same but I never liked the Dragunity archetype).

You'll find me on Showdown and some other places known as Mystletaynn, in case the original was already taken.

My showdown nick, Winry, obviously comes from Fullmetal Alchemist but I picked it because my username on another website was taken on PS and Winry happened to be free. I really have a problem with not having matching PS and forum usernames, haha.
I have this problem too.

Mine originated from the Fire Emblem weapon, but back in 2011, I also came across the anime Yumekui Merry, of which my favorite character in that series also shared my name, so I've taken both references (there's also a Yugioh card named the same but I never liked the Dragunity archetype).

You'll find me on Showdown and some other places known as Mystletaynn, in case the original was already taken.
Love your username, sounds amazing!

Mine comes from Love Live: School Idol Project, seeing as Maki is my all time favourite character now in any anime I've watched. We share the same qualities or so to speak. It was quite weird, but amazing at the same time.

Lina

Creatures in Heaven
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, my PS nick is basically a name I use on the internet, Rosie (or a name I wish I had, take your pick) and my favourite pokemon which is Venusaur.
kinda lame, I know

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A song called Nix Hex I don't even like that much but I thought the name was cool and 311 was my favorite band in October 2009. Nick Hexum is just so handsome. Spaces are for losers.

I was originally Ghost Trainer777, mainly because I loved ghost types with an unhealthy addiction, and my brain was sucking at being creative that day. After some time past, I took on the persona of a ghost irl, and i eventually changed to Prince Phantom. Partly because i liked how it was a bit more official-sounding, but mostly because the name was purple and purple is the color of royalty :3
I must be fairly royal then... :o Since im a purple too. :o

Pent

dumb broad
My name on showdown was originally going to be Sparkly, but that was already taken. Along with Sparkley, so I did Sparkl3y which I've stuck to on the internet to this day. Alot people say I'm always shiny and I stand out alot, so. I just picked Sparkl3y

It came to me, in a dream. There I stood on the balcony, looking down on my troops below. They all where shouting in Mandarin, their native tongue, to my glory and vision. I was their lord. And as I beckoned my citrus troops to raze the lands and show no mercy, I realized I was the alpha orange. I was dark and cold hearted. I was truly, the Evil Orange.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
I got the name Old Gregg from the Mighty Boosh.
The same time I decided to stop lurking Smogon and join was around the same time I first saw an episode of the Mighty Boosh.

Well, I just came on here due to a friend in my class that told me about Showdown, and I tried it out. At first, me and him and a couple of others in our class played against each other, and I liked it. Eventually I joined the chat as well, and registered my account "EpicNikolai", because that is what I have been using since I registered my PSN-account some years back, when I played FIFA, CoD and etc. There was no good reasoning behind it, I just knew I wanted to use my irl name "Nikolai", and I figured out I need something to fill in, and I thought to myself: "Why not Epic?". So I just went with it. Lol.

When making my smogon account, I thought I was supposed to input my first and last name, I did not know it was going to be my username. I did not want to put in my real name so I used Lady Gaga to troll with whichever admins who could see my real name.

As for showdown, I was bored one day and wanted to go troll the Ubers room so I used Mr OpTic MerK (a professional call of duty player) as my username but then I ended up staying as a regular in that room but was annoyed by the amount of people who keep asking me if I was the real Mr OpTic Merk so I combined my forum and showdown username and created OpTic Gaga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)