Your Smogoff Niche

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
No Man IsBeyond ThenJudgement Of his Peers

i think my niche is in occasional effortposts accompanied by a wealth of disarming goofposts that call back to Harmless Noobishness on web1.0, gratuitous typos and malapropism, and the saturation slider turned the whole way down

from within this persona i keep a watchful eye on theDivine Art of Posting, looking on fondly as new posters take to the stand for their Big Shot at the Great Game in the sky... posting

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
my niche is also that i post things
Esteemed GP Co-leader Estronic, you do indeed just post things here in smogoff. A lot of posters fit this mold but this mold does not describe their niche as a poster and it most certainly does not describe yours. You are not simply just a poster; you hold many of the same characteristics of Findland but in a different way. You post to contribute to threads in hopes that they become better. You do so in a manner that plays to the purpose of the thread. Moreover, you do it in a genuine way as you immerse yourself in the thread. You crafted a great OP for the general chat in which you state that many threads are being clogged up. Clogged threads are something I despise which is why I have been so hard on users who reply without meaning. You even gave credit to esteemed poster earl for coming up with the idea. This shows that you care for posters on more than one level and all of smogoff appreciates that. I salute you Estronic, as you continue to fight the good fight.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
my niche is to post quality Pokemon drawings in 37 seconds.
Lucario, you are new to smogoff posting, but you are not new to being a poster. This was made evident by your drawing thread here in smogoff. It was masterfully crafted where you showcased your skills before taking requests. You gave fellow posters a taste of what you were capable of and I see good things in your future if you continue to follow the path you are currently on. I believe that you have great potential as a smogoff poster. The key to venturing down your path is what you find within yourself when you post. You are one of the genuine posters and it adds diversity to the smogoff ecosystem. I wish you the best of luck young Lucario and I hope you understand that you are not just a pokeposter.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
I myself have no idea what my niche is, but one I think I might be is a lurker of sorts. I don't know.
ThatOneSpork, you certainly used to be a lurker, but recently you have become a full-fledged poster. You started in the SQDB with unfunny quotes that are only funny at the moment they took place. This is commonplace for SQDB posts so I will not fault that. Afterward, you took to smogoff posting here and there in different threads. While you are certainly new to the art of crafting a smogoff post I have high hopes that you could become a good poster. You are fairly new and seem to have already gained a small piece of knowledge on what makes smogoff smogoff. You are but a baby still in your smogoff posting lifespan and yet you are already learning. I hope that you continue to learn here and craft great posts in the future.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
No Man IsBeyond ThenJudgement Of his Peers

i think my niche is in occasional effortposts accompanied by a wealth of disarming goofposts that call back to Harmless Noobishness on web1.0, gratuitous typos and malapropism, and the saturation slider turned the whole way down

from within this persona i keep a watchful eye on theDivine Art of Posting, looking on fondly as new posters take to the stand for their Big Shot at the Great Game in the sky... posting
az you are a special case of a poster. You came into smogoff when it was young and fresh from the womb. I was nervous of your arrival hearing many things about you in the past. I came to realize that you surpassed my expectations and become a well-rounded addition to the Smogoff lineup. Your initial showing of the page 5 project was what really set you apart from all other posters in the environment. It made you unique and helped show everyone that you were not just another dead user who has come back to life. We welcome you into smogoff and I hope you continue to pump out high-quality content and takes. You fight for the people of smogoff and this is clear seeing what you have accomplished so far. I hope that you stay on this path as you have so much more to give to the ecosystem.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Hi BP, my very cool smogoff niche is that I attempt to either play up a meta joke, or pretend to be incredibly unfamiliar with technology and forum etiquette, which as a result leads to long rambly stream of consciousness posts not unlike this one. Thanks for your time and consideration and much appreciation for all the hard work you do in this thread. god bless.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
Hi BP, my very cool smogoff niche is that I attempt to either play up a meta joke, or pretend to be incredibly unfamiliar with technology and forum etiquette, which as a result leads to long rambly stream of consciousness posts not unlike this one. Thanks for your time and consideration and much appreciation for all the hard work you do in this thread. god bless.
Voltage, I foresaw that you would come and ask for guidance. You are an enigma of a poster and this is not a good thing. I like you Voltage, we have history, but despite this, I will be unbias in my assessment of your tenure here at smogoff. From what I have seen your posting style is a bit condescending on smogoff as a whole. You post here not to contribute to smogoff but to participate in the phenomena that is smogoff. You do nothing to actively contribute to the ecosystem other than feining technological ignorance. Your meta-joke posting is in its infancy and could use some work as a whole. Voltage, I see great things in you and I know this is not the poster you want to be. I believe you can be more than what you are currently and I sincerely hope that you find what makes you the optimal poster.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
did u know niche means doghouse in french

anyway find a way to describe me like youve done with people who have literally never posted in smogoff but decided to show up in this thread
I regret to inform you dear Gravity Monkey, but everyone who I have responded and written to has indeed participated in smogoff in more ways than one. You, however, have not and find yourself with little history as a smogoff poster. This or I have just overlooked you completely in the masses of posters that post here. As I mentioned before to other users who were new posters here, you are in control of your own destiny here in smogoff as you have little history here. I urge you to strive for what you want here in smogoff and take hold of it. Best of luck young Gravity Monkey.

I'm the guy that find niches in Pokemon. You're the guy that find niches for Smogoff posters.

Choice Band Golurk in OU anyone?
somebody ask the ou leader if this set is any good

Smogoffwise, I just kinda exist. Kinda like the guy irl that is always there but rarely say anything.
Screenshot 2021-04-21 6.50.21 PM.png

i think you have a niche. there's way more than this but this is all i cared to dig up

Last edited:
theotherguytm, you are spot on with your niche and I am quite impressed that you have the intrapersonal knowledge to understand this. You are an offtopic poster who hails from the dark and grim region of Cong. You have come here to see the light, but do not get too tempted young one. smogoff and cong are the Yin and Yang and smogon. Two opposite places that intertwine and share some of the same characteristics. I appreciate the fact that you are able to immerse yourself in both and not go mildly insane whilst doing so. You have my blessing theotherguytm and I wish you the best of luck in your postings.
...This is almost right but I've never posted in Cong. It just feels too serious and the threads are all very topic-locked.
EDIT: Do you think I should?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)