You're Not My Type

kolohe

room tone
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
alright round over! sick submissions yet again, i can't wait to share all of these :D without further ado, here is round 7 of you're not my type!

1618622665874.png

Regional Milotic
Typing
:

Stats: 95 / 69 / 70 / 125 / 100 / 81 (BST: 540)
Abilities: Chlorophyll / Competitive / Dazzling
Gravity Monkey

1618622808807.png

"This once-prehistoric variant of Dewott uses a skeleton of a Barraskewda that somehow evolved from being a Arrokuda skeleton. This skeleton serves as its "spear", and uses it to pierce even Aegislash's shield."

"A scrappy fighter, Dewott is agile and clever, focusing on the weak spots of its much bigger opponents. However, it can go into a primal rage if provoked enough, making it to lose focus for a while."
Samtendo09

1618623059875.png
1618623074475.png

1618623117930.png

New Piskel-1.png (3).png
Athenian Gogoat
New Piskel-1.png (3).png

Abilities: Intimidate / Overcoat / Mold Breaker
Moves:
1 - Twister
1 - Growl
1 - Work Up
7 - Stomp
9 - Leer
12 - Poison Fang
13 - Assurance
16 - Taunt
20 - Headbutt
22 - Moonlight
26 - Fire Fang
30 - Knock Off
34 - Bulk Up
40 - Fire Lash
47 - Horn Leech
55 - Crunch
58 - Milk Drink
60 - Earthquake
65 - Hurricane
68 - Thunder
72 - Eruption

Tutor Moves:
Haidesia City - Lash Out, Skitter Smack, Poltergeist
Myalo Pass - Grassy Glide
Satanas Desert - Scorching Sands, Burning Jealousy

HM Moves:
Rock Smash
Strength
Surf

Dex Entry:
Gogoats and Absol are often seen battling near natural disasters. It is said that while Absol warns of disaster, Gogoat causes them.

One Gogoat is found at Charo Volcano. Evolves from Skiddo using a Reaper Cloth.
OM

1618623204875.png

moke wow owoawaoowww monkeyy wwoa
ausma

1618623266821.png

Chimecho's bell rings everytime a nearby Pokemon passes. Chimecho is filled with sorrow for lost Pokemon and often secludes itself from others to avoid more pain.
in the hills

thank you! hope to see you next time!

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Oh yeahh this is truly gaming. I especially like the ones that ausma, Dumb Sir, monomite, and Gravity Monkey ’s pieces of art!

I feel as if I should probably say my thoughts in my own drawing as well. My original idea was Zangoose wearing the body of a Seviper like a scarf with multiple battle scars over it and Zangoose, signaling that this was a Zangoose that had won the fight against a Seviper and was wearing its corpse. I concluded that this was WAYYY too edgy, so I went with a simple poison motif, while making the tail look like a wave of sludge. I hope that exposition sheds some light on the frankly simple design that i elected for.

I guess I’ll explain my process too. Zapdos was a very difficult choice, since it’s named after its type. So what did I do?

Well, I decided to make it blue, because well, Blue is associated with water and air. I know it’s a bit lazy, but I decided to base Zapdos physically off a Trumpeter Swan, the largest waterfowl of North America. The beak of Zapdos is black as well as the feet which match the Trumpeter Swan’s colors. A long neck and webbed feet also match the swan anatomically speaking. The spiky feathers on the head, Wings, and tail match Zapdos original appearance, as they are integral to the design and cannot be removed. Lastly orange eyes were done as homage to the Galarian Zapdos.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
EVERYONE DID SO WELL OMG I really want to say that you all are so creative and I’m a gigantic fan of how you guys manage to reimagine the Pokemon. Keep up the good stuff all ;v;

Also since everyone’s doing it, here’s my guy with the added description:

20995575-7DFF-4CD3-85FB-4118C72F363A.png

Simisear
Ice
HP: 75
Atk: 98
Def: 63
SpAtk: 98
SpDef: 63
Spe: 101

Abilities: Gluttony, Refrigerate

New Moves: Freeze-Dry, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Powder Snow, Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, Slack Off, Teatime, Recycle, Soak, Water Pulse, Muddy Water, Sweet Scent, Smelling Salts, Life Dew, Refresh

Simisear's gaseous neck fur is capable of keeping stored sweets and other perishables fresh and cool. It is layered, allowing it to store a surplus of items, which it uses as energy to keep its chilly temperatures constant.

Simisear from the chilly mountains of Galar are generous and kind creatures, bestowing tired travelers with fresh fruits and berries. They also use the cold air fuming from their palms, ears, and neck fur as a way to stun potential aggressors.

My design here more or less was based in Simisear’s affinity for sweets and foodstuffs in general, and the Ice typing was just ripe for the picking as far as a freezer/fridge flavor went, so I played to that!

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
My process for dragon milotic was to first go "but wait milotic already looks like a dragon type, shit". That's why I added the double-type to make it feel more distinctive, but I tried conveying the dragon type first hand (tho maybe i got carried over by the grass parts a little too much hahah).

This was an insane round! So many designs and so many good ones at that! My personal favorite is brzozod526's paras, it's a simple idea but so well executed. Can't wait for the next edition!!

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
My process for Rock / Fighting Dewott is pretty straightforward. Since I get the Rock type for it (I believe lei mistakenly listed as Fighting Dewott despite giving me Rock as the main type to center around but that’s okay), I immediately decided that making it based of a prehistoric otter species would be great for inspiration. I also take inspiration of the hunting and aggressive aspect of neantherdals and other ancient primates.

Some research tells me that the ancestral otters are fierce predators, so I give Dewott a skeleton of a Barraskewda that serves as a weapon, like how Cubone and Marowak utilizes a femur bone.

Abilities would be what you would not expect from a Rock-type but are certainly typical Fighting. Those could be Defiant, and Scrappy. The whole Oshawott line will have more base Attack and less Special Attack, but also a bit more Special Defense.

Oshawott will only be pure Rock type and carries an Arrokuda skeleton, while Samurott - since Barraskewda does not evolve further, obviously because how strong it is on its own - carries four Barraskewda skeletons, two of which are stored on its fur.

It was great fun! Personal favorites would be the Poison Zangoose, Dragon Milotic, Ice Simisear and Dark Gogoat.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)