Media Yu-Gi-Oh discussion

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
I've been trying final countdown and it's actually pretty decent. If you get final countdown in your opening hand and your opponent doesn't have anything annoying like Naturia Bamboo Shoot, you pretty much win...(not a fun deck to play with at all though, lol)

And yea the Cannon Soldier-Light Pulsar-Red Eyes OTK is bs. In March, Konami might ban Cannon Soldier/Toon Cannon Soldier to completely ruin the OTK, or even Future Fusion to hurt the deck's consistency.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
I mean, I guess it's fun if you consider mindlessly activating Thunder of Ruler, Momentary Truce and Waboku every turn "fun" but meh...

Konami released way too many moves that end the battle phase, lol.

final countdown is very dangerous in this meta. moreso than a year ago, and the deck's virtually unchanged.

kristya stops fader. rai-oh stops sangan/kuriboh searches (if you use that). there are many many mini-solemns that decks can use - consider the growing popularity of earth decks which can easily get out naturia barkion, or consider evolkaiser ragia, or just solemn in general and those occasional decks that use trap stun/decree.

the number of ways to deal with final countdown have only gone up and the deck itself doesn't have many new tricks.

also it's not even that fun :/

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
final countdown is very dangerous in this meta. moreso than a year ago, and the deck's virtually unchanged.

kristya stops fader. rai-oh stops sangan/kuriboh searches (if you use that). there are many many mini-solemns that decks can use - consider the growing popularity of earth decks which can easily get out naturia barkion, or consider evolkaiser ragia, or just solemn in general and those occasional decks that use trap stun/decree.

the number of ways to deal with final countdown have only gone up and the deck itself doesn't have many new tricks.

also it's not even that fun :/
2 words: momentary truce

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm able to beat final countdown pretty consistently with x-sabers. Hyunlei, beast, barkion, warning, etc are pretty good! ^__^

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm able to beat final countdown pretty consistently with x-sabers. Hyunlei, beast, barkion, warning, etc are pretty good! ^__^
hyunlei doesn't do much as all the traps are chainable. i'd say the main ways are barkion/beast and GOTTOMS to fuck up their faders and scarecrows

lol light pulsar dragon .. stop the bs konami .

Anyway I have lots of fun with my watt deck .. for those who doesn't know , watt got a nice card in photon shockwave , wattking cobra , who gives the deck amazing consistency .

hooper lock is lulz .

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've been trying final countdown and it's actually pretty decent. If you get final countdown in your opening hand and your opponent doesn't have anything annoying like Naturia Bamboo Shoot, you pretty much win...(not a fun deck to play with at all though, lol)

And yea the Cannon Soldier-Light Pulsar-Red Eyes OTK is bs. In March, Konami might ban Cannon Soldier/Toon Cannon Soldier to completely ruin the OTK, or even Future Fusion to hurt the deck's consistency.
Banning Future Fusion would just ban a win condition - I'd say Pulsar OTK can still easily get around it with Ravine / Trade-in / Consonance. FF just speeds things up. FF just needs to get banned for being a sacky card (Future Fusion -> Overload Fusion, for example).

I suspect they will ban Toon Cannon because there is no way in hell they are going to touch a new promoted card if they don't have to.

Also Pulsar OTK is hilarious and I am hoping at a YCS or at least a regionals someone would top with it after Pulsar comes out. Would be amazing.

I would run foolish burial instead of tribus because you can foolish your white stone without using your normal summon and go into a chain of draws that could lead to the ftk if you use your normal summon on cannon soldier instead.

Right now i been using a deck that spams out both qusar and majestic star. ITS SOOO MUCH fun. Usally I summon majestic first and blow up the field. Then go into Qusar.

Also Pulsar F/OTK doesn't work anymore.

Anyways, my new deck I've been running is a Sea Lancer Frog deck. It's a little slow to start, but it can stall with Gachi Gachi until you get the right cards in your hand.

i spent 14 mins recording a vid explaining everything for people who dont know but yeah got me from 600 rating to 1000 in a few days with maybe 1 loss and it just fucking dominates. reeeeeeeally broken

Also Pulsar F/OTK doesn't work anymore.

Anyways, my new deck I've been running is a Sea Lancer Frog deck. It's a little slow to start, but it can stall with Gachi Gachi until you get the right cards in your hand.
I faced a deck like that, it was one of the most fun but annoying decks I've ever played against.
TOOK SO LONG
Luckily I had position changing effects to help me damage all the "Just won't die" stuff.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Any Machina Gadget fans around here? I've been playing with a variant of the deck, and find the Ultimate Offering OTK fairly consistent (Steelswarm Roach + Shock Ruler + Utopia + Starlight Road = complete lockdown). Limiter Removal is also a good backup OTK tool. I just find Dark Worlds to be a pain in the ass for the deck because of Grapha, who keeps coming back and runs over Machina Fortress. Machina's effect can actually backfire if Grapha gets discarded, since you may have to discard one of your opponent's Dark World monsters. Outside of DW, Machina Gadgets handle many of the meta decks well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)