Yugioh! TCG Thread

Which would win out,Skill Drain or Jinzo?Would Skill Drain negate Jinzo,or Jinzo negate Skill Drain?
It depends. If Jinzo is already on the field, you cannot even activate Skill Drain because Jinzo prevents Traps from being activated.

If Skill Drain is activated, then an effect that summons Jinzo to the field is chained to it (such as Call of the Haunted), then Jinzo is summoned before Skill Drain resolves, so Skill Drain will be negated until Jinzo leaves the field or is flipped face-down.

If Skill Drain has already resolved before Jinzo is summoned, then Jinzo's effect is negated since Skill was already active.

So, Warrior's Strike vs. Hidden Arsenal vs. Twilight Edition vs. Stardust Overdrive SE. What's the best upcoming release?

I'd say Hidden Arsenal, I think it will add the most value to the TCG. It features three Synchros that everyone is going to be able to make useful, making it stick out above the other releases imo.

we dont know the entire list for Stardust Overdrive yet, its hard to judge but without further info I would say Hidden Arsenal. LS will be affordable, Light decks in general and the Synchro deck will get more and more condensed.

Anyone check out Elemental Hero Absolute Zero? We ought to be getting that in beginning of January.

First reprints of SD18 up, including D-Prison.

Supposed effect of Fortress:

Machiners Fortress
7 Stars/EARTH/Machine-Type/2500 ATK/1600 DEF
By discarding Machine-Type Monsters whose total Levels are 8 or more, you can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard to your side of the field. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, select 1 card your opponent controls and destroy it. When this face-up card becomes the target of your opponent's Effect Monster's effect, look at your opponent's hand and discard 1 card from it.

Hmm:

Discard Maciners Force to summon this.
Summon Phantom of Chaos. Copy Force.'
Tribute PoC for Sniper, Soldier, Defender
Limiter Removal. GG?

I have a big event coming up this weekend, and I would like an opinion on a sideboard. Here is the deck:

Monsters (23):

2 Judgment Dragon
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1 Chaos Sorcerer
1 Celestia, Lightsworn Angel

2 Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
2 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
2 Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
2 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
1 Wulf, Lightsworn Beast
1 Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
1 Ehren, Lightsworn Monk

2 Necro Gardna
1 Junk Synchron
1 Plaguespreader Zombie
1 D.D. Crow
1 Phantom of Chaos

Spells (14):

3 Charge of the Light Brigade
3 Solar Recharge
2 Monster Reincarnation
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Heavy Storm
1 Brain Control
1 Lightning Vortex
1 Foolish Burial

Traps (4):

1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Call of the Haunted

Really do not need advice on the maindeck, but I will probably replace Foolish Burial for something more proactive. Otherwise, main deck is golden.

Anyway, here are my considerations for the side. Please do not recommend Honest as I sold/traded mine:

2 Royal Decree
2 Trap Stun
2 Threatening Roar
2 Dark-Imprisioning Mirror
2 Malevolent Catastrophe
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Book of Moon
2 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
2 Celestia, Lightsworn Angel
2 Wulf, Lightsworn Beast
1 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
1 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
1 Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
1 Arkus, Lightsworn Druid
1 Breaker the Magical Warrior
1 Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
1 Chaos Sorcerer
1 Shining Black "C"
1 Soul Release
1 The Transmigration Prophecy
1 Smashing Ground
1 Swords of Revealing Light
1 Twister
1 Fiend Comedian

not a fan of your main build and I highly suggest a 3rd Lumina to ditch the dead cards you'll draw during the event. Is this regionals or are you heading to Austin SJC?

LS is already inconsistent, which is why I forgo the Twilight build.

I suggest just running a standardish build with Beckoning>Reincarnation too because it reads "Imma abuse Honest more" while clearing dead hands as well as getting back JD for game.

Believe it or not, this deck has already proven quite effective and far from inconsistant (once taking 3rd at a Regional, undefeated in swiss). I could possibly try a third Lumina over Foolish...

The opponent will always fear Honest anyways and will simply attack to draw it out if they have no other way around it, so bluffing it comes on its own. Monster Reincarnation is best for this build for many reasons; my Graveyard will not always have enough Light monsters (let alone useful ones) to merit Beckoning Light, Monster Reincarnation can fetch one of the several useful Darks, and it is very useful for acute Graveyard manipulation to set up plays with other cards in hand (which Beckoning Light cannot always avoid), to name a few reasons.

I appreciate the comments and will mull them over in my head as I do test hands. This is not for a Regional, but for a Regional-level event (difficulty-wise; I assume). I had a different sideboard staked in the past, but the recent metagame shift with my lack of time to prepare before the event wants me to seek an opinion on it.

so has anyone experimented with ftk decks? they seem like they'd be incredibly fun and sadistic to play with (though you get wiped out if you're unlucky)

this is what I would do

3x Card For the Mirror (Mind Crush x2, Raioh/Kycoo)
3x Cards For Gladiators (Oaths, Prime Material)
3x Cards For "Dark Decks" (G, Oppression, SIM)
4x Cards for LIM (Cold Wave, Trunade, 3x Decree)
2x W/E (dunno about these spots, depends on meta)

siding 3x Honest too for a Glad match up would be nice too, especially if you decide to go 3x RO for both Dark and Glads.

so has anyone experimented with ftk decks? they seem like they'd be incredibly fun and sadistic to play with (though you get wiped out if you're unlucky)
not a fan of ftk decks they are pretty boring to me and got tired of playing them at San Mateo.

Mind if I mosey on in this thread? I havent played since they added those Synchro things. It's a completely different card game now o.o but I've considered getting back into the whole business. But... does anyone still use the old decks? I mean, I had so much fun back in the day fucking with Skill Drain among other things.

Skill Drain dominated part of the meta with Synchros involved last format and still sees itself side decked in this format.. Colossal Fighter + Skill Drain pretty much and atm I'm planning on a deck involving Skill Drain w/ Elemental Hero Absolute Zero + Colossal Control.

Skill Drain may not be as effective as it once was but you can definitely find something to suite your style.

hell yeah, I play Life Equalizer ftk (still have it built somewhere). they are so fucking fun to play, even if you don't win, it's just fun to see your opponent sweat as you go through cards and they realize what you're doing. with a ton of luck i took second at locals with it, but that's about as good as i've ever done with that deck.

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Monsters:19

Blackwing-Bora the Spearx3
Blackwing-Blizzard the Far Northx2
Blackwing-Gale The Wirlwindx1
Blackwing-Kalut yhe Moon Shadowx3
Blackwing-Sirocco the Dawnx3
Blackwing-Shura the Blue Flamex3
Blackwing-Vayu the Emblem of Honorx2
Dark Grephyrx1
Dark Armed Dragonx1

Spells: 12
Allure of Darknessx2
Black Whirlwindx3
Book of Moonx3
Brain Controlx1
Heavy Stormx1
Mind Controlx1
Mystical Space Typhoonx1

Traps:9
Bottomless Trap holex2
Call of the Hauntedx1
Icarus Attackx2
Mirror Forcex1
Torrential Tributex1
Solemn Judgmentx1
Trap Dustshootx1

Extra Deck:15
Cymeratech Fortress Dragonx1
Colossal Fighterx1
Red Dragon Archfiendx1
Stardust Dragonx1
Thought Ruler Archfiendx1
Black Rose Dragonx1
Blackwing Armor Mastorx3
Blackwing Armed Wingx3
Goyo Guardianx1
Magical Androidx1
Armory Armx1

What I plan to be my Deck this format. Blackwings seem to be a great deck. Still cant decide on my side board.

Made this deck up yesterday.

3 Genetic Woman
3 Banisher of the Radiance
3 D.D. Survivor
3 Krebons
2 Destructotron
2 Psychic Commander
1 Psychic Snail
1 Mind Master

3 Psychic Path
3 Dimensional Fissure
2 Teleport
2 Lightning Vortex
2 D.D.R.
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Telekinetic Charging Cell
1 Emergency Teleport

3 Mind over Matter
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Mirror Force
1 Return from the Different Dimension

Thoughts?

I'm building Zombies soon. I've tested pure Zombies and DHZ, and DHZ seems to be slower and much less consistant. My Zombie version runs 1 Armageddon Knight, 2 Mali, 2 DDraw, and 2 Krebons + E-Tele and has been working extremely well, even 2 DDraw with just two targets. Everything simply comes together courtesy of my ultra secret tech card. It is marvelously mechanic-breaking and the way deck are built, I am very surprised to see it at 3 and never being used.

My current deck is Spellcasters. Those things are crazy, I can get out so many Synchros every game, and get massive hand advantage at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)